Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Aly Cissokho

Read 44989 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: Aly Cissokho Player Thread
      Reply #92: Oct 28, 2013 10:02:45 am
      I think he's not an improvement on Enrique tbh, well his final 3rd passing is better but apart from that they are very very similar types of players. Only time will tell if BR will keep him but taking him on a season loan with option to buy was a very wise move. But on the flip side he's not been awful so fingers crossed his confidence grows and he pushes Enrique to become better at crossing/. Competition for places is  hotting up and i like it >:D
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #93: Oct 29, 2013 08:54:00 pm
      The amount of times on Saturday that there was space for him to run into, as their full backs had tucked in, and he didn't get there quick enough was crazy. It was his main role, provide width and didn't do it.

That said he was decent when he actually did get forward.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #94: Oct 30, 2013 09:37:12 am
      Glad its just a loan move as he's got a lot to prove to make the deal full time. Still think we need a LWB who can dribble and score goals like Glenn johnson does, maybe switch Glenn across and stick Kelly in as RWB for a few games. If i'm honest i dont see him as an improvement to Jose, there pretty much the same ability wise so it makes  no sense to sign him full time unless he improves this season and becomes better.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 850 
      Reply #95: Oct 30, 2013 01:43:03 pm

Same, looks awful on the ball I would rather have Enrique back to be honest
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #96: Nov 01, 2013 10:02:11 am
      Lets hope he improves, what i will say is in the final 3rd he's an improvement but the rest of his game is on par with Jose. Big test for him sat night as they have bags of attacking options if he comes through the game without doing much wrong it should increase his confidence and push him on a bit.

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 850 
      Reply #97: Nov 02, 2013 07:17:30 pm
      Definitely send him back to Valencia.

now I know why Valencia didn't rate him
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #98: Nov 02, 2013 07:44:16 pm
      Bloody awful, in fact quite embarrassing. The reserves must be wondering what they have done wrong.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #99: Nov 02, 2013 07:45:22 pm
      A big, cumbersome bag of sh*te really.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #100: Nov 02, 2013 07:46:02 pm
      A big, cumbersome bag of sh*te really.

Pretty accurate description, expected better, been bitterly disappointed.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #101: Nov 02, 2013 07:46:39 pm
      Deary me. Never thought I'd see the day when Djimi Traore can be made to look like Paolo Maldini. Plus the fact he has the mobility of a cross channel ferry.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #102: Nov 02, 2013 07:46:41 pm
      His career has been on the slide for years. Looks a mid table player, at best.

The fact we had to take him on loan is more the fault of FSG than Rodgers.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #103: Nov 02, 2013 07:57:41 pm
      The fact we had to take him on loan is more the fault of FSG than Rodgers.

Actually the reason we took him on loan was because Valencia wouldn't benefit financially by selling him yet where as they would next summer so before you slate the loan move even happening maybe you should be grateful that should it not work out we are not stuck with trying to offload him in the summer.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #104: Nov 02, 2013 08:04:14 pm
      Still very early days, but already I am feeling slightly happier that he is a loan signing.

When he joined he probably expected us to carry on with the 4-4-2.  He certainly doesn't look suited to 3-5-2 as he was never in position - often relying on the centre back to do all the mopping up.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #105: Nov 02, 2013 08:05:21 pm
      Actually the reason we took him on loan was because Valencia wouldn't benefit financially by selling him yet where as they would next summer so before you slate the loan move even happening maybe you should be grateful that should it not work out we are not stuck with trying to offload him in the summer.

I'd be more concerned we didn't have the funds to just go out and just buy a quality left back, which we clearly need.   
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #106: Nov 02, 2013 08:10:48 pm

I'd be more concerned we didn't have the funds to just go out and just buy a quality left back, which we clearly need.   

Good luck finding one, there are very few around and the ones there are we have no chance of getting without European football so maybe you should be more concerned about the current set of players rather than not going out and buying what we couldn't get in the summer.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 850 
      Reply #107: Nov 02, 2013 08:14:28 pm
      Still very early days, but already I am feeling slightly happier that he is a loan signing.

When he joined he probably expected us to carry on with the 4-4-2.  He certainly doesn't look suited to 3-5-2 as he was never in position - often relying on the centre back to do all the mopping up.

You don't need more than 5 games to figure out that he is a shocking player, can't even control the ball properly, can't cross and can't defend.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #108: Nov 02, 2013 08:17:03 pm
      Good luck finding one, there are very few around and the ones there are we have no chance of getting without European football so maybe you should be more concerned about the current set of players rather than not going out and buying what we couldn't get in the summer.

The fact Cissokho looks sh*t is the concern, isn't it?

Perhaps we should be worried about our scouting if he's the best we could come up with.

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 850 
      Reply #109: Nov 02, 2013 08:22:17 pm

Perhaps we should be worried about our scouting if he's the best we could come up with.

We've got the Man City scouts :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #110: Nov 02, 2013 08:29:05 pm

I didn't say it wasn't a concern did I?! Fact is though he was probably our only realistic option to get in given the few quality left backs out there so you need to stop fretting over what we couldn't get.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #111: Nov 02, 2013 08:40:26 pm
      I didn't say it wasn't a concern did I?! Fact is though he was probably our only realistic option to get in given the few quality left backs out there so you need to stop fretting over what we couldn't get.

We should all be fretting that our scouts couldn't see what many reds said before Cissokho ever signed; that he was sh*t and well past his best.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #112: Nov 02, 2013 08:55:00 pm

We should all be fretting that our scouts couldn't see what many reds said before Cissokho ever signed; that he was sh*t and well past his best.

Funny, doubt you are fretting over the scouts where Sturridge and Coutinho are concerned. If you are blaming the scouts for the LOAN signing of Cissokho then you need to give your head a wobble.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #113: Nov 02, 2013 09:01:26 pm
      Funny, doubt you are fretting over the scouts where Sturridge and Coutinho are concerned. If you are blaming the scouts for the LOAN signing of Cissokho then you need to give your head a wobble.

You think taking in sh*t players is alright because it's a loan?

The idea that there wasn't a better left back in Europe available than Cissokho is pure nonsense. He was a bad signing badly scouted; whether it is a loan or not he is still costing the club money.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #114: Nov 02, 2013 09:19:56 pm

You think taking in sh*t players is alright because it's a loan?

The idea that there wasn't a better left back in Europe available than Cissokho is pure nonsense. He was a bad signing badly scouted; whether it is a loan or not he is still costing the club money.

Stop trying to twist what I'm saying and get a grip. You started by bitching about FSG/BR for the deal even happening. But my point is be grateful that should it not work out it isn't like we will be stuck with him and the only money we will lose by having him is in his wages, no transfer fee and easy to terminate at any point in the season, as was the case with Sahin.

Go on then, name a quality left back in which we could have signed in the summer? Go on.

Quick Reply