Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Andriy Yarmolenko (Dynamo Kiev)

Read 21415 times
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Re: Andriy Yarmolenko (Dynamo Kiev)
      Reply #115: Sep 11, 2013 12:00:06 am
      Thought he looked fairly decent myself. Not scared to take on his opponent and rarely lost the ball. Great link up play late on which could've ended as a Ukraine winner.

I like the lad. I think he would've been excellent for us had we bought him as we could've played him on either wing. He seems quite versatile. Konoplyanka looked pretty dangerous too. Wouldn't mind either player here.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #116: Sep 11, 2013 12:18:27 am
      "There was a bid of around £10million from a Premier League club this summer, who we expect to go back in for him in January," his agent told the national paper.

"Dnipro rate the player very highly and have no need to sell, but would expect €20million (£16.8m) for him."

(On  Konoplyanka)

If what the agent says is true, which I hope it is, then it would make every bit of sense that we are the club going in for him. He'd be perfect for us. Similar to Coutinho but has more effect on the left and likes to drift in - perfect. Coutinho is better when he plays central anyway. But these two in the same side - my God!
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #117: Sep 11, 2013 02:35:42 am
      "There was a bid of around £10million from a Premier League club this summer, who we expect to go back in for him in January," his agent told the national paper.

"Dnipro rate the player very highly and have no need to sell, but would expect €20million (£16.8m) for him."

(On  Konoplyanka)

If what the agent says is true, which I hope it is, then it would make every bit of sense that we are the club going in for him. He'd be perfect for us. Similar to Coutinho but has more effect on the left and likes to drift in - perfect. Coutinho is better when he plays central anyway. But these two in the same side - my God!
      Konoplyanka is boss.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #118: Sep 11, 2013 10:19:44 am

Absolutely. This would make far more sense than Yarmalenko seeing that he's a dedicated LAM whereas Yarmalenko mainly plays on the right.

I ought not to get my hopes up though, but found this little video of him. Absolute talent

Евгений КОНОПЛЯНКА в матче АНГЛИЯ-УКРАИНA 1-1 11.09.12
      « Last Edit: Sep 11, 2013 12:56:40 pm by Venison 86 »
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #119: Sep 11, 2013 11:11:51 pm
      As a huge Yarmolenko fan even i can see that Konoplyanka is a player we need more.
      Sod it...get both!
      Quality players.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #120: Sep 13, 2013 11:16:12 pm
      1 year left on his contract? If so then get him on a free next summer, job done ;)
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #121: Sep 15, 2013 05:09:19 pm
      1 year left on his contract? If so then get him on a free next summer, job done ;)
      or if we're in the mix for the top 4 come January, offer them a nominal fee. 

Quick Reply