Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Parry: Gillett-Hicks reign still affecting club

Read 12239 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Re: Parry: Gillett-Hicks reign still affecting club
      Reply #69: Aug 29, 2013 04:41:09 pm
      Is it just me that finds the timing of this statement / interview / rather convenient for the present incumbents?

My cynicism is definitely on the rise these days.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,717 posts | 7164 
      Reply #70: Aug 29, 2013 05:30:26 pm
      Is it just me that finds the timing of this statement / interview / rather convenient for the present incumbents?

already mentioned it as it seems just to much of a coincidence .
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #71: Aug 29, 2013 05:35:47 pm
      already mentioned it as it seems just to much of a coincidence .

Sorry Walton - hadn't been right through but my bullsh#t detector was going mental.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,717 posts | 7164 
      Reply #72: Aug 29, 2013 05:47:37 pm
      Sorry Walton - hadn't been right through but my bullsh#t detector was going mental.
      you only need a low setting on your bullshit detector these day as there is so much flying about.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #73: Aug 29, 2013 05:58:39 pm
      you only need a low setting on your bullshit detector these day as there is so much flying about.

Aye it's costing a f#ckin fortune in batteries mate - fed up buying them so I'm gonna just borrow some off the neighbours when he's finished with them.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #74: Aug 29, 2013 06:17:13 pm

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #75: Aug 30, 2013 04:14:22 am

Its catching.

Welcome.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #76: Aug 30, 2013 05:06:01 pm
      Anybody got a spare $135M to buy Thomas Waldorf Hicks' old gaff? Apparently the most expensive property for sale in the US this year.
      Got to pay for all those law suits and bankruptcy deals somehow eh?

7th para down:
      http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-09/singapore-bungalow-on-sale-for-s-300-million-by-wing-tai-s-cheng.html

http://significanthomes.com/home/crespi-hicks-estate/
      wolves76
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #77: Aug 30, 2013 11:38:31 pm
      I dont think we have properly recovered from Purslow getting rid of Rafa and appointing Hodgson.  Gillett and Hicks were mercenaries and total scumbags but as far as staff changes are concerned, to get rid of a manager with the ability of Benitez and replace him with a manager as tactically clueless as Hodgson goes down in my book as one of the worst decisions Liverpool FC has ever made.  Another would be handing the keys to Gillett and Hicks....another would be appointing Purslow in the first place.   In 2009 we came second with 86 points.  Since then we have lurched from one catastrophic appointment to another.   I try not to think about it and look forward.   In my heart of hearts I feel it will take years to get back on an even keel with the best. I hope Im wrong.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #78: Aug 31, 2013 12:25:27 am
      I dont think we have properly recovered from Purslow getting rid of Rafa and appointing Hodgson.  Gillett and Hicks were mercenaries and total scumbags but as far as staff changes are concerned, to get rid of a manager with the ability of Benitez and replace him with a manager as tactically clueless as Hodgson goes down in my book as one of the worst decisions Liverpool FC has ever made.  Another would be handing the keys to Gillett and Hicks....another would be appointing Purslow in the first place.   In 2009 we came second with 86 points.  Since then we have lurched from one catastrophic appointment to another.   I try not to think about it and look forward.   In my heart of hearts I feel it will take years to get back on an even keel with the best. I hope Im wrong.

Just 'cos I don't follow international football closely, have Ing-er-lund fans cottoned on to how inept the owl is yet?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #79: Aug 31, 2013 01:00:14 am
      Anybody got a spare $135M to buy Thomas Waldorf Hicks' old gaff? Apparently the most expensive property for sale in the US this year.
      Got to pay for all those law suits and bankruptcy deals somehow eh?

7th para down:
      http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-09/singapore-bungalow-on-sale-for-s-300-million-by-wing-tai-s-cheng.html

http://significanthomes.com/home/crespi-hicks-estate/

All you will get for your $135million is an artists impression of what the house could look like.... better spend your money elsewhere :)
      wolves76
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #80: Aug 31, 2013 08:08:00 am
      Just 'cos I don't follow international football closely, have Ing-er-lund fans cottoned on to how inept the owl is yet?

I dont think so.....they seem to think its ok to be outplayed and not to see the ball for 120 minutes against Italy because England "bravely" lost yet again on penalties. Hodgy has always been a defensive manager but for me the penny didnt really drop till we tried to sit back and protect a 1 nil lead.....against Northampton Town. No pass and move...no pressing...sitting as deep as possible and hardly any counter attacking. What a disaster for our club he was........if you ever listen to The Anfield Wrap check out podcast 40..this is the episode where Hodgson gets the England job and they discuss it about an hour in...its hilarious.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #81: Aug 31, 2013 02:10:54 pm

"In my heart of hearts I feel it will take years to get back on an even keel with the best. I hope Im wrong."

Being honest, and it's a sad indictment, I can't see it happening with FSG in charge mate. League titles these days are not won..they're bought - FACT.

It pains and rankles me very much that we've never been bought by someone from the Middle East.

If it were purely down to the type or brand of football played, Aresenal (last 2 seasons not included) would still be up there competing.

I know Rafa did it with Valencia. But he was only ever competing realistically against 2 top teams. In my opinion La Liga was very much akin to the Scottish Premier - 2 top teams, the rest making up the numbers being mediocre or just plain shi*e.

Getting shot of Rafa was a massive mistake in the footballing sense. Purslow got rid because he knew he couldn't contain Rafa from exploding with some very much needed home truths.

Don't forget it was during one of Rafa's interviews that 1st highlighted and brought to the attention the 'massive' problems going on inside LFC. I very much thank him for that.

@ s@aint - brilliant mate, still laughing now.

« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2013 06:12:21 pm by Scally21 »

Quick Reply