Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 206750 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #1127: Oct 06, 2015 01:53:04 pm
      Seemed to have a lot of caged lions at this club. Probably not the only player we have relieved to see the back of him.

Probably the same with any manager who leaves though although I agree he seems to have alienated what I believe to be some of our better players.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1128: Oct 06, 2015 01:55:11 pm
      Probably the same with any manager who leaves though although I agree he seems to have alienated what I believe to be some of our better players.

Yeah without doubt it will be the case at any club with any manager. But throughout his time with us his relationship has allegedly broken down with far too many players. Borini, Enrique, Sakho, Carroll, Reina and Agger to name a few.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #1129: Oct 06, 2015 02:01:49 pm
      Yeah without doubt it will be the case at any club with any manager. But throughout his time with us his relationship has allegedly broken down with far too many players. Borini, Enrique, Sakho, Carroll, Reina and Agger to name a few.

I agree its been too many and more importantly the wrong ones.

His stubbornness over 'his players' probably went a long way to him getting sacked.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1130: Oct 06, 2015 02:14:48 pm
      I agree its been too many and more importantly the wrong ones.

His stubbornness over 'his players' probably went a long way to him getting sacked.

While I agree with this I don't think Sakho's comments were any real reflection on Brendan's treatment of him other than simply being eager to play when he got the chance, which he proved against Everton with a stare I'm glad my littlest wasn't watching :lmao:
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #1131: Oct 07, 2015 07:57:02 pm
      Sakho scares me when ever he has the ball
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1132: Oct 07, 2015 09:18:51 pm

Why? Most often in games he has our most successful pass completion and has won more tackles than any other players. Just because he doesn't look graceful on the ball is misleading because he is very good with it and for a defender, has a high standard of passing.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1133: Oct 07, 2015 10:42:27 pm

I'd rather have him with the ball than most of our players tbh.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #1134: Oct 07, 2015 11:09:49 pm
      Why? Most often in games he has our most successful pass completion and has won more tackles than any other players. Just because he doesn't look graceful on the ball is misleading because he is very good with it and for a defender, has a high standard of passing.

Still amazed that this has to be repeated.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1135: Oct 08, 2015 12:35:12 am

I'm getting less and less amazed though, Si, but then I trawled through a facebook LFC thread earlier this week and I'm still feeling stupider for it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #1136: Oct 08, 2015 12:39:00 am
      I'm getting less and less amazed though, Si, but then I trawled through a facebook LFC thread earlier this week and I'm still feeling stupider for it.

I'm glad I'm not on Facebook Rodders. Twitter is enough at times.

Seriously though with Sakho I can understand people using that lazy accustion that he isn;t good on the ball after his first few ganes when we were getting used to his unconventional style but there is enough evidence in both his stats and watching him play to show he is comfortably our best defender in terms of use of the ball.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1137: Oct 08, 2015 12:44:39 am
      I'm glad I'm not on Facebook Rodders. Twitter is enough at times.

Seriously though with Sakho I can understand people using that lazy accustion that he isn;t good on the ball after his first few ganes when we were getting used to his unconventional style but there is enough evidence in both his stats and watching him play to show he is comfortably our best defender in terms of use of the ball.

Using eyewitness testimony and stats, the best of both worlds. ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1138: Oct 08, 2015 12:45:29 am

Just goes to show just how little attention some people actually take when watching us. Although it makes me question whether they watch us at all because the thing about Sakho has been going on far too long now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #1139: Oct 08, 2015 12:45:31 am

Using eyewitness testimony and stats, the best of both worlds. ;)

Indeed.

wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #1140: Oct 08, 2015 01:11:59 am

its more than how he looks, he seems to cause panic around the back - and yes the stats may point to his completion being good, but my eyes also work.

It is no co-incidence that teams target him as he likes to hold the ball and appears to take longer to control the ball and also wants to run with the ball without hoofing it away.

im glad that his mistakes do not lead to many direct goals and he comes across as a beast. so its not all doom and gloom
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #1141: Oct 08, 2015 08:04:11 am
      its more than how he looks, he seems to cause panic around the back - and yes the stats may point to his completion being good, but my eyes also work.

It is no co-incidence that teams target him as he likes to hold the ball and appears to take longer to control the ball and also wants to run with the ball without hoofing it away.

im glad that his mistakes do not lead to many direct goals and he comes across as a beast. so its not all doom and gloom

I think you will find if you take your bias glasses off that the two main culprits of panic in the back are Migs and Skrtel.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1142: Oct 08, 2015 12:02:22 pm
      Every time I leave the commentary on a match, and Sakho is playing I hear the same gobshites come out with the same sh*t about Sakho being "uncomfortable on the ball" and other such sh*te.

He's not uncomfortable on the ball, he's a very good footballer who happens to look a bit awkward.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #1143: Oct 08, 2015 12:05:15 pm
      Every time I leave the commentary on a match, and Sakho is playing I hear the same gobshites come out with the same sh*t about Sakho being "uncomfortable on the ball" and other such sh*te.

He's not uncomfortable on the ball, he's a very good footballer who happens to look a bit awkward.

That tool Alan Smith was at during the Derby. Banging on about how they'll target Sakho as he's so weak on the ball.

Absolute bellends the lot of them.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1144: Oct 08, 2015 12:13:36 pm
      That tool Alan Smith was at during the Derby. Banging on about how they'll target Sakho as he's so weak on the ball.

Absolute bellends the lot of them.

I have no idea why they work so hard to create a narrative that's clearly bollocks, and even less of a clue about why people take any notice of these eejits.

It was the same when the used to bang on about Rafa's zonal marking.
      Except they ignored the fact we conceded fewer goals than teams playing a man to man system at set pieces.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1145: Oct 08, 2015 12:55:42 pm
      I'm certain Sakho will go on to show how much of a bargain we got for 18 million, and I'm serious by the way!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1146: Oct 08, 2015 02:20:16 pm
      I have no idea why they work so hard to create a narrative that's clearly bollocks, and even less of a clue about why people take any notice of these eejits.

It was the same when the used to bang on about Rafa's zonal marking.
      Except they ignored the fact we conceded fewer goals than teams playing a man to man system at set pieces.

We had one league season, playing zonal, where we conceded zero goals, in the league, from set pieces and yet that sh*t narrative carried on.  I think it's an English thing, we prefer to have an individual to blame, rather than a group (or a committee). ;)

« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2015 11:54:16 pm by Roddenberry »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1147: Oct 08, 2015 02:42:17 pm

What a load of crock. He doesn't cause panic across anyone in defence and doesn't get targeted on the ball. The one who is uncomfortable on the ball is Lovren. Suggest getting yours eyes checked lad because Sakho is head and shoulders above the CB's when on the ball, both ability and confidence wise.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1148: Oct 08, 2015 03:39:14 pm
      i would love to see this Lion  uncaged as our Captain he would not just run through brick walls he would go back and crush the bricks with his bare hands.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1149: Oct 08, 2015 04:50:55 pm
      Finally the correct use of the caged lion metaphor.

Quick Reply