Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 209378 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Re: Mamadou Sakho Player Thread
      Reply #1403: Apr 07, 2016 10:38:51 pm
      Lovren getting fair bit of praise, but thought Sakho did just as well on the night. They can make a good combo. Well done Mamadou!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1404: Apr 07, 2016 10:40:22 pm
      Outstanding tonight, agree with bmck he was just as good as Lovren tonight and the most important thing is this will give them both confidence in each other. A partnership is starting to form, if they want to keep hold of it they've still got time before the new lads join.

Consistent performances of this level from the two of them and there'll be nobody taking that shirt off their backs.

Top stuff Mama, great performance lad.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #1405: Apr 07, 2016 10:46:18 pm
      Sakho was absolutely key in making several vital blocks tonight. His positioning was brilliant as was his awareness.

Passing left something to be desired as he's always looking to cut out about 5 opposition players with one pass. When they work out they're phenomenal. When they don't, he's taking a big risk.

In any case, great performance big man!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1406: Apr 07, 2016 10:50:06 pm
      Back to something like we know he can play. Just needs to do it consistently.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1407: Apr 08, 2016 01:31:25 am
      Agreed mate, bet you he gets MOTM against Dortmund when he holds them goaless.

Close call, 1 out of 2 ain't bad!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1408: Apr 08, 2016 03:44:52 pm
      He has an issue, he defends on the front foot and it has the same problem as zonal marking, it looks horrible when it goes wrong. It's not any less effective than defending from a little deeper, much like zonal isn't statistically worse than man-marking, it just looks worse and we all know, if it ain't aesthetically pleasing, some are always going to have issues if it looks ugly.
      « Last Edit: Apr 09, 2016 08:33:38 am by Roddenberry »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1409: Apr 08, 2016 09:25:26 pm
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #1410: Apr 09, 2016 08:29:32 am
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1411: Apr 09, 2016 09:14:24 am
      Phenomenal performance from Sakho - I know people dont like him, for what ever reason but he looked the business against Dortmund.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1412: Apr 21, 2016 02:01:37 am
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #1413: Apr 21, 2016 02:39:13 am
      He was excellent tonight, as was Lovren. Both didn't have much to do though.

I thought against Dortmund he was dreadful though. He ended up scoring a vital goal against them, so overall I was delighted, but I thought from a defensive point of view he was poor on two of their goals, if not all three.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #1414: Apr 21, 2016 03:37:06 am
      He was excellent tonight, as was Lovren. Both didn't have much to do though.

I thought against Dortmund he was dreadful though. He ended up scoring a vital goal against them, so overall I was delighted, but I thought from a defensive point of view he was poor on two of their goals, if not all three.

Agree on everything you said there, thought he especially struggled a bit against Dortmund while Lovren was actually solid there. But either way, I think the two of them have kind of undergone a renaissance of sorts and their partnership seems to be blossoming. Loved how the two of them and Kolo celebrated the goal though.

Promising signs going forward. Something that I think will be heavily discussed in the transfer section, but not sure how this rise to prominence of the two of them will effect the cost/quality of center back that we end up targeting in the summer. Might not be as pressing to bring in a top class CB when we may have two on our hands as it stands.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #1415: Apr 21, 2016 04:14:47 am
      Agree on everything you said there, thought he especially struggled a bit against Dortmund while Lovren was actually solid there. But either way, I think the two of them have kind of undergone a renaissance of sorts and their partnership seems to be blossoming. Loved how the two of them and Kolo celebrated the goal though.

Promising signs going forward. Something that I think will be heavily discussed in the transfer section, but not sure how this rise to prominence of the two of them will effect the cost/quality of center back that we end up targeting in the summer. Might not be as pressing to bring in a top class CB when we may have two on our hands as it stands.

I don't think we'll be targeting a top quality centre back regardless of how Sakho does from now until the end of the season. I think Matip is probably as good as we'd get and we managed to snag him on a free. Still think next season we'll see Lovren and Matip start the season together.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1416: Apr 21, 2016 11:21:41 am
      Yesterday was the first time in a while I've seen him not have a slight limp after warming up.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1417: Apr 21, 2016 11:47:55 am
      I'm glad that sakho has been putting in a decent shift of late. Usually when I saw him with the ball id panic because he looks so uncomfortable in possession, under rogers he wasn't a very good player at all and definitely not bpl standard. Having said that the last 5 games sakho has turned into a decent player, he looks a lot more confident on the ball and he puts his body on the line. I feel that klopp has managed to get him to believe in himself. Glad to see him being a solid player and id like to see him and matip start next season
      Don't know what you are on about. Sakho had been quality for a long time, not just the last 5 games.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #1418: Apr 21, 2016 12:24:22 pm
      I'm glad that sakho has been putting in a decent shift of late. Usually when I saw him with the ball id panic because he looks so uncomfortable in possession, under rogers he wasn't a very good player at all and definitely not bpl standard. Having said that the last 5 games sakho has turned into a decent player, he looks a lot more confident on the ball and he puts his body on the line. I feel that klopp has managed to get him to believe in himself. Glad to see him being a solid player and id like to see him and matip start next season

Don't agree with that at all. He is a really good player with power and precision. Just looks a bit gangly at times.

Makes the odd mistake but who doesn't? I would say Kompany makes more mistakes and he's looked at as the worlds best
      lfcfan123321
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #1419: Apr 21, 2016 12:28:29 pm
      Don't know what you are on about. Sakho had been quality for a long time, not just the last 5 games.

Sakho has been clumsy for a while, its only recently he has really got his head in the game and concentrated on what he does best
      lfcfan123321
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #1420: Apr 21, 2016 12:30:15 pm
      Don't agree with that at all. He is a really good player with power and precision. Just looks a bit gangly at times.

Makes the odd mistake but who doesn't? I would say Kompany makes more mistakes and he's looked at as the worlds best

Its just my opinion mate but realistly at the start of the season sakho wasnt very good at all. He made a lot of mistakes not just a few but recently he has really turned into a very good defender that has put in great performances
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1421: Apr 21, 2016 01:12:35 pm
      Sakho has been clumsy for a while, its only recently he has really got his head in the game and concentrated on what he does best

Actually that's patently false. Sakho isn't clumsy, his legs are just 6 feet long and he's gangly.

Not sure what team you are watching, maybe you should try watching Liverpool play though.

lfcfan123321
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #1422: Apr 21, 2016 03:20:16 pm
      Actually that's patently false. Sakho isn't clumsy, his legs are just 6 feet long and he's gangly.

Not sure what team you are watching, maybe you should try watching Liverpool play though.

So a new user comes on a forum... has an opinion on a player and this is welcome he gets.... i can see that this community is nice lmao
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #1423: Apr 21, 2016 03:25:45 pm
      Fair enough that.

How about we allow a new poster to generate more than one opinion before we get too critical and accuse him/her of not watching Liverpool?  :f_doh:

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1424: Apr 21, 2016 03:40:49 pm
      Not bad for a clumsy player........tackle of the season?

http://i.imgur.com/4VBg51V.gif
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1425: Apr 21, 2016 03:47:01 pm

Bit harsh, mate. I dont agree with him but he's certainly not alone in thinking Sakho is clumsy. There's quite a few on here that think the same.

I'm loving Mama. Not the best game vs Dortmund but his passion, his goals (!!!!!!) and his enthusiasm for the club is brilliant to see. I love him. Genuinely seems like the most popular lad in the dressing room.

Quick Reply