Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match: Mancs v LFC

Simon Mignolet
      15 (17.2%)
      Kolo Toure
      19 (21.8%)
      Jose Enrique
      10 (11.5%)
      Martin Skrtel
      5 (5.7%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      8 (9.2%)
      Steven Gerrard
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      10 (11.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.1%)
      Luis Suarez
      18 (20.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (1.1%)
      Victor Moses
      0 (0%)
      Raheem Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Martin Kelly
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Voting closed: Sep 28, 2013 09:56:18 pm

Man Utd 1-0 Liverpool: In Game and Post Match Debate

Read 35574 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,749 posts | 7179 
      Re: Man Utd 1-0 Liverpool: In Game and Post Match Debate
      Reply #506: Sep 25, 2013 10:25:37 pm
      I must get my telly seen to. On it, we went to Old Trafford and bossed large parts of the game, missing numerous opportunities to score through picking the wrong choice or from getting a dodgy bounce. Apparently though we were sh*te and a disgrace. I must get it seen to.
      it was just so frustrating mick because they were there for the taking and lots of our play was decent but in the end up front we looked like strangers.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #507: Sep 25, 2013 10:26:52 pm
      True, could add Kolo.

Judas or not Suarez will be vital to us turning our form around.
      There I was worrying about his 10 game ban, when it was really the loss
      of Coutinho that would f**k us up.

Maybe so but I just don't feel anything about him anymore.

Tonight confirmed what I've thought all summer..

I actually didn't like seeing him in the shirt

Don't mind if I get slaughtered or not, the way he went about this summer I won't forgive.
      Use him yes, we pay him but I don't like him, I thought his body language was poor tonight, very much in it for himself.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #508: Sep 25, 2013 10:26:55 pm
      Must we go through this charade ever time we lose a match as well? Apparently now Brendan has lost the dressing room and was the reason Carra retired.

Why don't people just admit they don't want him as our manager rather than embarrassing themselves?
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #509: Sep 25, 2013 10:29:24 pm
      Also what the f**k was going on at the end? For the full 3 minutes of injury time we gave up. Martin Kelly daudling about on a throw in.

Odd.

I made that point earlier too.

3 mins and we did nothing. No urgency. No care. No attempt at anything productive.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #510: Sep 25, 2013 10:29:40 pm
      Must we go through this charade ever time we lose a match as well? Apparently now Brendan has lost the dressing room and was the reason Carra retired.

Why don't people just admit they don't want him as our manager rather than embarrassing themselves?

Who has said that?

Carra retired because his body was fu**ed and he took 3-4 days to recover. Plus he got a great offer from sky 12 months ago.

On the flip though we aren't very good at all
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #511: Sep 25, 2013 10:30:39 pm
      WAHS he is strolling through games. Wheres his passion? Christ I know he spoiled us for years but theres just nothing there at the minute. No fire no lung bursting runs into the box no attempts of a shot from any distance. Its just not him

Why put the emphasis on him and him only?

He's being played as a holding midfielder. I would have personally played him where Moses played tonight but stamina to get up and down is probably an issue.

Fact is we need competition for places in midfield and we needed them before the Summer but for one reason or another the manager didn't think we did.

A lot falls on Brendan's shoulders for me.

Kelly has been on the bench and figured in pre season and now that Johnson is out we have played with Toure at RB and Henderson at WB. He threw Sturridge straight in for a run of consecutive 90s after an injury and no pre season in order to get him match fit so any story of bedding him back in doesn't wash.

Moses is never a midfielder to play at the top of a triangle yet Alberto who he signed is but Moses plays there and Alberto doesn't get on.

Round pegs in square holes when there really wasn't any need to.

He has got Lucas and Gerrard sitting on our two CBs now and it is really influencing our abiity to get the ball up the pitch and keep it there whilst inviting pressure and not letting Stevie express himself anywhere near as much as he should be.

Where's the ability to play this total football gone? In fact are we even going down that route now?

The passing and control from so many tonight was really poor.

I try my best to be a glass half full type of guy but during our bright start to the season I've been quietly sceptical whilst putting on an excited front.

Take out the Newcastle game (6-0) and we have managed just 10 goals in the league since April.

That's 11 games besides Newcastle.

Heard somebody saying we shouldn't question the desire tonight and that's true to an extent but seeing the board go up for three minutes injury time and then having to watch as we were unable to get the ball out of our half suggests that if there isn't a lack of desire then we really haven't got a clue.

No pressure Luis lad.

Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #512: Sep 25, 2013 10:30:54 pm
      Just so gutted we lost that. United were so poor, but we couldn't beat them, says it all about us.
      I have always been dubious about Brendan, but he had started to win me around, I am now back to square one, and wondering if we have the right man at the helm.
      Not calling for his head, but things have got to change.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #513: Sep 25, 2013 10:31:59 pm
      For Suarez and Sturridge to work together, we need Coutinho to be supplying the ammunition. Unless someone else suddenly learns to look up and pick out a pass!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,229 posts | 4421 
      Reply #514: Sep 25, 2013 10:33:04 pm
      I sometimes wonder if I watch the same game as some of our fans. I thought that was easily our best performance all season, ok we lost but another couple of minutes and we would have got an equaliser unlike the last 5 games.

All positive for the future esp with Suarez back.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #515: Sep 25, 2013 10:33:23 pm
      For Suarez and Sturridge to work together, we need Coutinho to be supplying the ammunition. Unless someone else suddenly learns to look up and pick out a pass!

Alberto could have performed that roll.
      Ideal time to try it in the second half.
      Redangel

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #516: Sep 25, 2013 10:33:30 pm

Absolutely!
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,064 posts | 547 
      Reply #517: Sep 25, 2013 10:33:37 pm
      it was just so frustrating mick because they were there for the taking and lots of our play was decent but in the end up front we looked like strangers.

Suarez was playing his first game of the season, and Moses is just arrived from Chelsea.
      How surprising is that they "look like strangers"?

They are good players.
      And IF our overall play is good, which it basically was tonight, they and Sturridge will score a fair few goals between the 3 of them.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,749 posts | 7179 
      Reply #518: Sep 25, 2013 10:33:41 pm
      Why put the emphasis on him and him only?

He's being played as a holding midfielder. I would have personally played him where Moses played tonight but stamina to get up and down is probably an issue.

Fact is we need competition for places in midfield and we needed them before the Summer but for one reason or another the manager didn't think we did.

A lot falls on Brendan's shoulders for me.

Kelly has been on the bench and figured in pre season and now that Johnson is out we have played with Toure at RB and Henderson at WB. He threw Sturridge straight in for a run of consecutive 90s after an injury and no pre season in order to get him match fit so any story of bedding him back in doesn't wash.

Moses is never a midfielder to play at the top of a triangle yet Alberto who he signed is but Moses plays there and Alberto doesn't get on.

Round pegs in square holes when there really wasn't any need to.

He has got Lucas and Gerrard sitting on our two CBs now and it is really influencing our abiity to get the ball up the pitch and keep it there whilst inviting pressure and not letting Stevie express himself anywhere near as much as he should be.

Where's the ability to play this total football gone? In fact are we even going down that route now?

The passing and control from so many tonight was really poor.

I try my best to be a glass half full type of guy but during our bright start to the season I've been quietly sceptical whilst putting on an excited front.

Take out the Newcastle game (6-0) and we have managed just 10 goals in the league since April.

That's 11 games besides Newcastle.

Heard somebody saying we shouldn't question the desire tonight and that's true to an extent but seeing the board go up for three minutes injury time and then having to watch as we were unable to get the ball out of our half suggests that if there isn't a lack of desire then we really haven't got a clue.

No pressure Luis lad.

A club  as big as Liverpool should have players that are bought to play in their favoured positions the fact we are putting square pegs in round holes is down to Brendan this is his squad now.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,749 posts | 7179 
      Reply #519: Sep 25, 2013 10:34:39 pm
      Suarez was playing his first game of the season, and Moses is just arrived from Chelsea.
      How surprising is that they "look like strangers"?

They are good players.
      And IF our overall play is good, which it basically was tonight, they will score a fair few goals between the 3 of them.
      10 league goals in our last 11 games .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,351 posts | 4968 
      Reply #520: Sep 25, 2013 10:35:54 pm
      after the first 3 games I don't think many of us thought we could go on a good run here because we held on to all three games by our fingernails.Sunderland will have their new manager syndrome this weekend so GOd knows what we will face there.

I though it showed a level of pragmatism from him at time especially at Villa but very quickly he has looked almost powerless to change things that are happening to his side on the pitch.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,749 posts | 7179 
      Reply #521: Sep 25, 2013 10:35:59 pm
      Who has said that?

Carra retired because his body was fu**ed and he took 3-4 days to recover. Plus he got a great offer from sky 12 months ago.

On the flip though we aren't very good at all
      We aren't in Europe so he could have 7 days to recover so that's not the reason at all.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #522: Sep 25, 2013 10:36:20 pm

All positive for the future esp with Suarez back.

I'd love it to be positive but we are going nowhere.

We have no hope in hell of competing with the top 5 as we are right now.
      I'd love to think we can but we are closer to the next 5 in the league than the top 5.

I won't just pretend its all ok

Nothing to do with tonight it's what I've seen for a while
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #523: Sep 25, 2013 10:36:23 pm
      Jesus H.  Can't read anymore. People singling out SG, questioning if he gives a sh*t... man, doesn't take long for the knives to come out.
      We were the better team, though not by much. Still, draw would've been right result. Main prob tonight was play breaking down for us in the final third. Rest is noise.
      Save the indignation for a night when we are truly sh*te...we were a few times last season alright, but none just yet this...
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #524: Sep 25, 2013 10:36:38 pm
      I must get my telly seen to. On it, we went to Old Trafford and bossed large parts of the game, missing numerous opportunities to score through picking the wrong choice or from getting a dodgy bounce. Apparently though we were sh*te and a disgrace. I must get it seen to.

Have to agree bigmick.

I thought we did pretty well.

We made some obvious and silly defensive mistakes and our finishing and decision making wasn't great...

BUT we are missing a RB, are without our dynamic and creative CAM and our most influential player has just completed his first proper 90 mins for us since last season and needs time to get back his sharpness.
      Add to that the fact that our talisman just hasn't performed to his proper standard this season and i think overall we weren't that bad at all.

Still have faith in BR and the team and once we get back to full strength i see a steady improvement on the horizon.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #525: Sep 25, 2013 10:37:33 pm
      We aren't in Europe so he could have 7 days to recover so that's not the reason at all.

Mate his body was fu**ed, I watched him week in week out live he was struggling.

He retired because he knew he wasn't at the levelheaded wanted to be and wanted to go out on top

QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #526: Sep 25, 2013 10:37:33 pm
      Tough match to analize.
      We won the first, we didnt score.
      They won the second, they scored.

Our defending from set pieces is awful, and we cant take advantage of corners in our favour.

I must have watched a different broadcast, because i tought Enrique was one of our best players. He defended quite well, and won some crucial duels. He is hard to outmuscle when going for the ball, and he tried to build up with Moses (granted, with little luck).

Mignolet made some crucial saves, but he was not the reason we lost, so i wont give him MOTM. We lost because our defense slept trough a corner kick. That made us nervous and calmed them down after a first half where we controled the game from the 8-10th minute to the end of it.

We missed some good ones (Moses header, some Hendo shots gone wide, a Suarez shot from the left, and a couple of Sturridge overthinking and over turning), and if Suarez FK had not touched that mohawk it would have gone in.

Other than that, we never looked comfortable on the second Half. We never really looked desperate to win it, and watching Kelly taking 30 seconds to make a free Throw with 30 seconds to go on the match really had me screaming at the tv.

BTW, I think it was Enrique who was paired with Hernandez on that corner, not the skipper. They made a basketball move on him

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,351 posts | 4968 
      Reply #527: Sep 25, 2013 10:39:57 pm
      I agree with the thoughts that we actually played quite well which is why I'm eve more pissed off with both our sh*te defending at a set piece again and a manager who simply can't use a different option from his bench to change the game.

They were also pure sh*te with a 40 year old in midfield alongside something that looks like it lives under a bridge so we should have been better than them.

Front three were sh*te for us though and maybe not their fault entirely.

Suarez just back from a lengthy spell out of the side.

Sturridge is absolutley fu**ed but only the manager knows why he is bein g flogged to death.

Moses isn't and never will be the man to play in between the midfield and front two in that formation.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,749 posts | 7179 
      Reply #528: Sep 25, 2013 10:40:01 pm
      not much to debate really we had a good opportunity to beat a weak Utd side and we blew it big time

Quick Reply