Kenny Dalglish returns to Liverpool on board of directors

Read 14182 times
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts |
      Oct 04, 2013 09:50:07 pm
      Kenny Dalglish is set to return to #LFC as a non-executive board member. Dalglish held discussions with Ayre and he had no hesitation in taking the role. He returns with immediate effect. Dalglish: "It's an honour and a privilege to be asked to return to #LFC. I am looking forward to working with the board directors. Liverpool has given me & my family so much since we came here and my priority will always be to have the clubs best interests." (Guardian)
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 851 
      Re: Kenny Dalglish returns to Liverpool on board of directors
      Reply #1: Oct 04, 2013 10:13:38 pm
      Made up, after getting fired from his old job he still doesn't hesitate to come back.

Shows you how much LFC means to him, LEGEND

:)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2: Oct 04, 2013 10:17:10 pm
      Delighted Kenny is back with the club, I do question the motives though, from their side not his of course.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 851 
      Reply #3: Oct 04, 2013 10:19:03 pm
      Delighted Kenny is back with the club, I do question the motives though, from their side not his of course.

We probably need a speaker, someone who knows the club inside out and who can try to motivate potential new signings (?) Plus having him around would definitely be a confidence booster
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #4: Oct 04, 2013 10:32:05 pm
      Over the moon!
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      King Kenny back at LFC as non-executive director.
      Reply #5: Oct 04, 2013 10:47:58 pm
       :) Welcome home Kenny
      « Last Edit: Oct 04, 2013 10:51:32 pm by RedPuppy »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #6: Oct 04, 2013 10:48:29 pm
      About F***ing time!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: King kenny back at LFC as non executive director
      Reply #7: Oct 04, 2013 10:50:25 pm
      Former Liverpool player and manager Kenny Dalglish has returned to Anfield as a non-executive director.
      Dalglish's second reign as Reds manager ended in May 2012 despite League Cup success after the club finished eighth in the Premier League.

The three-time European Cup winner made 515 appearances and scored 172 goals during his time as a player at Anfield.
      "I have always said if there is anything I could do to help I would make myself available," he said.

"It is an honour and privilege to be asked to return to Liverpool.

"I am looking forward to working with the board of directors and contributing to the strategic issues that affect Liverpool Football Club."

Dalglish arrived at Liverpool in 1977 from Celtic and went on to win six First Division titles, including one as player-manager, an FA Cup, four League Cups and three European Cups for the Reds.

After leading them to the First Division title in 1985-86 as player-boss, he added two more league titles as manager - plus an FA Cup - before resigning in 1991.

Dalglish, who went to win the Premier League as Blackburn Rovers boss, returned to manage the club for a second time in the wake of Roy Hodgson's departure in January 2011, initially on a caretaker basis until the end of the season before being handed a three-year deal.

But at the end of the 2011-12 season, he was sacked.

The ex-Reds star's dismissal was met with some surprise but his replacement Brendan Rodgers welcomes the new board member to the club.

"When I met with Kenny to discuss this appointment, I was struck by the passion and drive he still has in wanting to see Liverpool return to where it should be - one of the most successful clubs in the world," Rodgers said.

Liverpool owner John W Henry said: "We are delighted Kenny has accepted our offer to join Liverpool as a non-executive board director and we are sure he will make a valuable contribution to the club's strategy.

"Kenny has a unique relationship with our supporters and embodies everything that is special about Liverpool."
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24407211
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: King Kenny back at LFC as non-executive director.
      Reply #8: Oct 04, 2013 10:54:20 pm
      Welcome back to the King, the way it should be, lets have a Liverpool Identity back at the club, like the good old days, I'd bust a gut to get Roy Evans and Sammy Lee back in some capacity too.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Oct 04, 2013 10:55:36 pm
      About time as well. Great news!
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #10: Oct 04, 2013 11:13:46 pm
      Welcome home King Kenny!
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #11: Oct 04, 2013 11:17:42 pm
      Such great news :)

Tomorrow could be a real joyous occasion.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #12: Oct 04, 2013 11:22:27 pm
      The King is a red, long live the King.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #13: Oct 04, 2013 11:26:10 pm
      Offal:

Kenny Dalglish joins Liverpool's board
      http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/146399-kenny-dalglish-joins-liverpool-s-board

Fenway Sports Group and Liverpool FC today announced that Kenny Dalglish is returning to Liverpool Football Club after accepting an invitation to join the board of directors.

Following discussions with the club's owners, managing director Ian Ayre and manager Brendan Rodgers, Kenny will take up his position as non-executive board director with immediate effect.

The new role will allow the ownership and senior management to benefit not just from the Anfield legend's decades of experience, but also his close affinity with supporters.

Dalglish said: "It is an honour and privilege to be asked to return to Liverpool as a director of the club. I have always said if there is anything I could do to help this club I would make myself available - when the call came I had no hesitation.

"I am looking forward to working with the board of directors and contributing to the strategic issues that affect Liverpool Football Club.

"Liverpool has given me and my family so much since we came here just over 36 years ago and my priority is and will always be to have the club's best interests at heart."

Fenway Sports Group principal owner, John W Henry, said: "We are delighted Kenny has accepted our offer to join Liverpool as a non-executive board director and we are sure he will make a valuable contribution to the club's strategy.

"Kenny has a unique relationship with our supporters and embodies everything that is special about Liverpool. We are thrilled that the club will benefit from his experience, and passion for the club and our supporters.

"Kenny has a unique insight on the values and traditions that helped to make Liverpool one of the greatest sporting institutions, not just in football, but in world sport. We are proud and honoured to have him back at the club he has represented with such distinction."

Rodgers commented: "When I met with Kenny to discuss this appointment, I was struck by the passion and drive he still has in wanting to see Liverpool return to where it should be - one of the most successful clubs in the world.

"We are all together in that goal - owners and supporters, players and management and also icons such as Kenny Dalglish. I want people around us who have this club and what it stands for in their heart."

Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #14: Oct 04, 2013 11:29:16 pm
      Really good news that. Brendan Rodgers deserves a lot of credit here. Just remember a few years back when Roy Hodgson was worried about the presence of legend figures around Anfield, while considering his position threatened by them "waiting on the wings".
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #15: Oct 04, 2013 11:33:43 pm
      Really good news that. Brendan Rodgers deserves a lot of credit here. Just remember a few years back when Roy Hodgson was worried about the presence of legend figures around Anfield, while considering his position threatened by them "waiting on the wings".

The word "Hodgson" makes me want to punch something. His name, his face, his voice, his methods, his opinion - i hate him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #16: Oct 04, 2013 11:52:47 pm
      Fantastic news!
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #17: Oct 04, 2013 11:54:51 pm
      The word "Hodgson" makes me want to punch something. His name, his face, his voice, his methods, his opinion - i hate him.
      'England manager' is what makes me wanna cry.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #18: Oct 04, 2013 11:57:32 pm
      Put a real smile on my face when I read this earlier. Absolute LEGEND. Welcome home King.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #19: Oct 05, 2013 12:17:34 am
      Well that's made my weekend.

Welcome home Kenny.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #20: Oct 05, 2013 12:22:04 am
      Well that's made my weekend.

Welcome home Kenny.

;D   :aaliverpool2xt1: :scarf: :clap: :aaliverpoolwz0:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #21: Oct 05, 2013 12:26:19 am
      Welcome back Kenny,let's hope this is the first bit of good news this weekend.I hope you can keep the rest of the board honest.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #22: Oct 05, 2013 12:33:47 am
      Happy to have him back but not quite sure what his role is?

Quick Reply