Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Kenny Dalglish returns to Liverpool on board of directors

Read 14184 times
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Re: Kenny Dalglish returns to Liverpool on board of directors
      Reply #92: Oct 12, 2013 07:41:15 pm
      Hahaha you are an imbecile, having to edit an eight word sentence.
      I originally put in one of your posts, but thought better of it, because so little of what you say makes sense.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #93: Oct 12, 2013 08:50:18 pm
      Same here. He'll be a fantastic ambassador for us and will be there to give advice to both the owners and manager when asked.
      He's on about our small squad which means Brendan is having to pull rabbits out of the hat with tactics playing CB's as  full backs and 3 CB's because we haven't got enough quality in the squad..ffs keep up

Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #94: Oct 12, 2013 09:28:33 pm
      We all wait for FSG to splash the cash on much needed back up, they bring Kenny back to give the impression they are on the case, while we are more than happy with the appointment the fact remains the squad is still under strength.

If FSG had not appointed Comolli in the farcical 50% managerial role and undermined Kenny's position, our man would not have been sacked off and any re-appointment would be unnecessary.

OK.

Fair enough, I don't think Kenny is entirely blameless - after all, he sought after a British squad which was his aim. But there is no doubt that the idea of a technical director was insane -especially as Americans coming into the game knowing nothing about the sport. Thank god Brendan put his foot down and point blank refused to work with one when he got interviewed. A great sign of quality and independence from the boss that he wouldn't be undermined in his job.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #95: Oct 12, 2013 09:44:07 pm
      Fair enough, I don't think Kenny is entirely blameless - after all, he sought after a British squad which was his aim.
      Not sure if it was so much Kenny's aim to have the British squad as FSG's. They did say they wanted to sign "young English players with a resale value" or something to that effect.
      I think Kenny has to take the blame for Charlie Adam though
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #96: Oct 12, 2013 09:48:54 pm
      I originally put in one of your posts, but thought better of it, because so little of what you say makes sense.

Whatever.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #97: Oct 12, 2013 10:21:34 pm
      He's on about our small squad which means Brendan is having to pull rabbits out of the hat with tactics playing CB's as  full backs and 3 CB's because we haven't got enough quality in the squad..ffs keep up

The dickhead has no wish to keep up, he is an FSG apologist for his own dubious reasons.
      FSG themselves have readily admitted to making mistakes but the wum does not acknowledge the fact and attempts in his juvenile manner to dismiss and discredit any criticism of them.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #98: Oct 12, 2013 10:36:43 pm
      Anyway back to KK,hope it works out and he is a benefit to the club and not just a figure head.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #99: Oct 12, 2013 10:57:16 pm
      Anyway back to KK,hope it works out and he is a benefit to the club and not just a figure head.
      just curious but why wouldn't he be a benefit to the club he always has been and always will be his very presence at the club gives it more gravitas
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #100: Oct 12, 2013 11:38:04 pm
      All I'm saying is how big a role will he have at the club?.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #101: Oct 12, 2013 11:58:36 pm
      Non-executive directors are the custodians of the governance process. They are not involved in the day-to-day running of business but monitor the executive activity and contribute to the development of strategy.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #102: Oct 13, 2013 12:05:45 am
      Non-executive directors are the custodians of the governance process. They are not involved in the day-to-day running of business but monitor the executive activity and contribute to the development of strategy.

They may have sacked him for what they deemed inefficiencies on the pitch,
      but there is no doubt FSG knew the worth of Dalglish to LFC OFF the pitch.

I don't know how this came around and frankly I don't care.
      Dalglish is back at the club. He has always been and always will be a credit to the club.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #103: Oct 13, 2013 07:37:19 am

Dalglish is back at the club. He has always been and always will be a credit to the club.

Well put racer,that is worth a plus in anyones lingo,cheers
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #104: Oct 13, 2013 09:56:05 am
      Kenny's sacking was indeed all about the politics of the game and FSG's interpretation of them, in a practical sense Mr Dalglish is indispensable and irreplaceable.
      In the longer term practicalities always supercede politics
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #105: Oct 13, 2013 05:55:33 pm
      All I'm saying is how big a role will he have at the club?.
      someone already mentioned politics. FSG know having Kenny on board gives them more credibility in the game. I don't think we have actually heard what role Kenny will play but I personally think he will end up getting stuffed again by FSG when he realises they just want to use his name rather than his experience.Hopefully Brendan will find Kenny a very useful man to have on your side.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #106: Oct 13, 2013 09:10:11 pm
      someone already mentioned politics. FSG know having Kenny on board gives them more credibility in the game. I don't think we have actually heard what role Kenny will play but I personally think he will end up getting stuffed again by FSG when he realises they just want to use his name rather than his experience.Hopefully Brendan will find Kenny a very useful man to have on your side.

Any repetition of FSG's disgraceful treatment of Kenny Dalglish will be entirely at their own risk.
      Although not specifically inferred the owners in admitting to ''mistakes being made'' could only have been referencing their appointment of Comolli in a 50% management roll with KD, Comolli was the first to get the bullet, then in what was undoubtedly a face saving maneuver Kenny followed - to everyone's surprise not least of all the man himself.

FSG to my mind are now engaged in a damage limitation exercise, bolting horses might be mentioned but it certainly is a step in the right direction. 
      Brendan Rodgers' body language indeed his very words indicate he is delighted with the arrangement as it stands and feels it can only benefit the club.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #107: Oct 14, 2013 12:09:27 pm

Yeah, I don't really know how big or important his new role is, or indeed may become, but it's not as influential (ie potentially damaging from a results POV) as being the manager, so it can only be good news.

I like seeing Kenny's face at the match. I like him being involved. His second tenure was good in places, and horrible in others, but Kenny and LFC belong together.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #108: Oct 14, 2013 06:01:10 pm
      Not sure if it was so much Kenny's aim to have the British squad as FSG's. They did say they wanted to sign "young English players with a resale value" or something to that effect.
      I think Kenny has to take the blame for Charlie Adam though
      I don't think Kenny was the only one duped by Adam and I too thought FSG had a declared intent to buy young british players with a resale value.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #109: Oct 14, 2013 06:06:06 pm
      I don't think Kenny was the only one duped by Adam and I too thought FSG had a declared intent to buy young british players with a resale value.

"Duped"?

I'm not sure I understand how a player can "dupe" an experienced manager who not only watched him numerous times, but chased him for months.

If we're going to give credit to KK for all the good things he's done, is it really so hard to just flat out say he got it wrong?
      Or is he above criticism in your view?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #110: Oct 14, 2013 06:55:15 pm

Duped? I cannot believe some of the thinking that is allowed to dominate the minds of some fans. Unbelievable. You make Kenny sound like a victim here but really you're just doing him an even bigger disservice by making him look easily led, ignorant and naive. Kenny is neither of them. He made a mistake in buying Adam - just accept it. Every manager has them and Kenny is no different. To blame the signings of such players on FSG is just desperation of the highest order.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #111: Oct 14, 2013 07:12:19 pm
      Any repetition of FSG's disgraceful treatment of Kenny Dalglish will be entirely at their own risk.
      Although not specifically inferred the owners in admitting to ''mistakes being made'' could only have been referencing their appointment of Comolli in a 50% management roll with KD, Comolli was the first to get the bullet, then in what was undoubtedly a face saving maneuver Kenny followed - to everyone's surprise not least of all the man himself.

FSG to my mind are now engaged in a damage limitation exercise, bolting horses might be mentioned but it certainly is a step in the right direction. 
      Brendan Rodgers' body language indeed his very words indicate he is delighted with the arrangement as it stands and feels it can only benefit the club.
      Even FSG would not have the audacity to mistreat Kenny again like they did previously.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #112: Oct 14, 2013 07:15:35 pm
      Even FSG would not have the audacity to mistreat Kenny again like they did previously.

There'd be fighting in the streets Billy.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #113: Oct 14, 2013 07:17:03 pm
      There'd be fighting in the streets Billy.
      The streets of Liverpool and Boston.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #114: Oct 14, 2013 07:23:57 pm
      Duped? I cannot believe some of the thinking that is allowed to dominate the minds of some fans. Unbelievable. You make Kenny sound like a victim here but really you're just doing him an even bigger disservice by making him look easily led, ignorant and naive. Kenny is neither of them. He made a mistake in buying Adam - just accept it. Every manager has them and Kenny is no different. To blame the signings of such players on FSG is just desperation of the highest order.
      do you have to have everything explained we were not the only one trying to sign him and he was flavour of the month with every pundit on the telly saying how wonderful he was and at Blackpool he was. Typical big fish small pond syndrome. I don't know where you get your ideas from and suggesting it was FSG's fault is laughable if you can read that into my post

Quick Reply