Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Who's our best Midfield 2 and temp No. 10 whilst Coutinho is out?

Read 4723 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: Who's our best Midfield 2 and temp No. 10 whilst Coutinho is out?
      Reply #23: Oct 16, 2013 11:11:28 am
      I'm sure Hendo would be a star at this no.10 spot in the current formation.
      its worth a shot surley he will be fired up to beat Newcastle so put him there with Gerrard and either Lucas, Alberto or even allen behind  him and tell him to go out there and have a go.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #24: Oct 18, 2013 10:12:44 am
      Its going to be very interesting to see who BR sticks in No 10 this weekend now that Lucas is back, will  he put hendo in there or will he put Gerrard or even Stick with Moses. Either way we have options and i'm sure will add more to it in the summer but still think its strange Alberto is not getting a shot in there after the fee we paid.  :f_steam:
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #25: Oct 18, 2013 10:18:26 am
      Henderson as a "no 10"?

Does that mean as an attacking midfielder?

As if. He's a midfield runner, and that's it. He has neither the skill or the mindset to be anything other than that.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7189 
      Reply #26: Oct 18, 2013 10:45:39 am
      Henderson as a "no 10"?

Does that mean as an attacking midfielder?

As if. He's a midfield runner, and that's it. He has neither the skill or the mindset to be anything other than that.
      you never seen the goals he has scored the lad has a very good eye for goal given the chance he take his chances very well.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #27: Oct 18, 2013 11:05:48 am
      you never seen the goals he has scored the lad has a very good eye for goal given the chance he take his chances very well.
      and he takes freekicks for England U21 so has the ability its just unfortunite that he has Gerrard and Suarez who are world class at doing that. well its not unfoutunite for LFC but just him on a personnel point but he's learning from a legend in the middle of the park and will be on the plane with the senior team come Brazil 2014 you watch
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #28: Oct 18, 2013 11:51:09 am
      and he takes freekicks for England U21 so has the ability its just unfortunite that he has Gerrard and Suarez who are world class at doing that. well its not unfoutunite for LFC but just him on a personnel point but he's learning from a legend in the middle of the park and will be on the plane with the senior team come Brazil 2014 you watch

Agree. I am happy with him. Hasn't done anything terribly wrong so far. If he starts every match, I am fine. I think people here just want someone else better than Jordan.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #29: Oct 28, 2013 09:26:34 am
      BR has some issues as when Coutinho is fully fit he starts every time as he's our only out and out No10. I think if  he's fit Henderson will get dropped and Coutinho will come in, then around 60-70min mark we might take him off for Henderson as Coutinho may be blowing a bit by then. Still think we can come away with a win as they have CL before us hopefully get some injuries.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #30: Oct 30, 2013 11:27:10 am
      Who is BR going to choose is Coutinho going to make the bench or will we have to wait till the Fulham game to get  him back arrrggghhh I cant cope, and the worst thing is we have to wait till around 1630pm on a sat to find out the team. I hope he starts and is then taken off if he's blowing but got a feeling now after BR comments then he might not be ready yet and he dont want to rush him back to soon. If he's not back keep the same team as we did V West Brom
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #31: Nov 02, 2013 11:19:42 pm
      I wasn't sure where to post this as there are so many midfield threads knocking about but the fact remains that our midfield does not work. One good showing last week hasn't disguised the fact that Lucas and Gerrard, alongside whoever seems to play as the third, just isn't right and as far as I can see isn't going to be.

I don't think we can improve it with the players we have as the player we are missing doesn't seem to be there so I think Brendan has a big decision to make come January time.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #32: Nov 03, 2013 09:12:01 am
      Brendan made the decision to offload Suso on loan hold on to his love child and leave Gerrard/Henderson/Coutinho/Alberto as his technical outlets.

Suso has more technical ability in one toe then Henderson and Allen put together doing well to prove it too 1 goal, 4 assists in ten games out of cm for Almeira.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #33: Nov 07, 2013 09:50:55 am
      I wasn't sure where to post this as there are so many midfield threads knocking about but the fact remains that our midfield does not work. One good showing last week hasn't disguised the fact that Lucas and Gerrard, alongside whoever seems to play as the third, just isn't right and as far as I can see isn't going to be.

I don't think we can improve it with the players we have as the player we are missing doesn't seem to be there so I think Brendan has a big decision to make come January time.
      agree with your point on Gerrard and Lucas for me only one of them can play with the other one replacing when tired. I know there are loads of Lucas fans but i would drop him bring in a creative player in Jan and have Lucas as back up to Gerrard and rotate the two.

Quick Reply