Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Pre-match thread: Liverpool vs West Brom - 26th Oct 3pm

Read 8532 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Pre-match thread: Liverpool vs West Brom - 26th Oct 3pm
      Reply #23: Oct 25, 2013 10:55:52 am
      Gareth McAuley - 14/1 - anytime scorer.

With your vulnerability at set pieces, worth a fiver surely?  ;D
      the phrase easy money springs to mind.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #24: Oct 25, 2013 11:46:52 am
      Hoping to be home for this one ,Driving home from Lux tonight via Dover !
      I've gone for 2-0 but Clark's doing a good job at the Hawthorns,we can't afford any complacency for this one COYR !!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #25: Oct 25, 2013 11:56:49 am
      Are we now allowed to start calling games like this "must wins"?
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #26: Oct 25, 2013 01:14:33 pm

I'd say this is a must win considering we have Arsenal next week, let's go into that with some confidence by stuffing The Baggies. F**k the 3-5-2 off, hate it. We're at home and we should be beating West Brom if we want to finish in the top 4 at least. If we don't win these kind of games we'll be looking back at the end of the season along with F**k ups like Southampton at home. Let's get the 3 points, strongest 11 out, no 3 CBs bullshit.

Mignolet

Johnson   Toure   Skrtel   Cissokho

Lucas

Gerrard          Allen

Alberto

Suarez     Sturridge

Subs: Jones, Agger, Sakho, Kelly, Henderson, Sterling, Moses
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #27: Oct 25, 2013 02:06:24 pm
      We're at home and we should be beating West Brom if we want to finish in the top 4 at least.

/end thread.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #28: Oct 25, 2013 02:14:06 pm
      I have a lot of time for Steve Clarke. He's a good man and, in my view, an excellent manager. He will want to win this so he will set out his team to be compact and try and get a result. Not an easy game.

As for us, we didn't play great on Saturday. In fact, I don't think we have played to our true ability all season. We need to pick things up a bit cause this is a period when you prove that early season results were no fluke. Hopefully Coutinho will be involved in some shape or form, plus Luis and Danny link up well as that is obviously our main threat.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #29: Oct 25, 2013 02:25:07 pm
      Given that news I'd like to see this

Mignolet

Toure  Skrtel  Sakho

Lucas

Johnson Gerrard Allen Moses

Suarez  Sturridge

Agree 100% if we stick with 3 at the back.

If not...then who knows. I really would like to see Agger back in the side somehow...just not sure how he fits right now because I wouldn't drop any of the back 3 on their recent form.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #30: Oct 25, 2013 03:43:27 pm
      Good little stat attack for the game boys...

Liverpool have kept a clean sheet in over half (13) of their 23 Barclays Premier League home games under Brendan Rodgers.

West Brom have won and kept a clean sheet in each of their last three Barclays Premier League games against Liverpool.
      Liverpool have not kept a clean sheet in their last five PL games. The only other time that Liverpool have gone this long without a clean sheet under Brendan Rodgers was in his first six league games at the club (Aug-Sept 2012).

West Brom are unbeaten in five Premier League games (W2 D3); the longest unbeaten run in the competition since April 2011 (seven games).

In-form Daniel Sturridge has had a hand in more Premier League goals than any other player this season (nine – seven goals, two assists).

Sturridge has scored in all but one of his eight Premier League appearances for Liverpool in 2013-14.

Goalscoring centurion Steven Gerrard has created more goalscoring chances than any other Premier League player this season (21).

No referee has awarded more penalties since the start of last season in the Premier League than Jon Moss; with three of those coming this season.
      11 of the 13 goals that Liverpool have scored this season have arrived in the first half.

Jonas Olsson has been forced in to making more clearances than any other player in the Premier League this season.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2476397/Liverpool-v-West-Bromwich-Albion-All-latest-team-news-stats.html#ixzz2ikFhMiUn
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #31: Oct 25, 2013 05:45:28 pm

All of our games are must wins. Just like they are for all the other teams. Nothing is guaranteed, you can only make headway with what's directly in front of you, so this game tomorrow is a must win game for us. (amazingly it is for West Brom as well).
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #32: Oct 25, 2013 06:08:04 pm
      All of our games are must wins. Just like they are for all the other teams. Nothing is guaranteed, you can only make headway with what's directly in front of you, so this game tomorrow is a must win game for us. (amazingly it is for West Brom as well).

I don't think it's a must win for WBA, I'm sure they'd be reasonably content with a point. Their aims do not even come close to ours so when they meet top 8 teams away from home I'd guess their aim is don't lose rather than win.

Our stance against anyone outside of the top 4, when we're playing at home, has to be 'must win'. While I'd never accept a draw at home, against the best teams you can at least accept it, against anyone else it's a set-back and disappointment.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #33: Oct 25, 2013 06:40:09 pm
      I don't think it's a must win for WBA, I'm sure they'd be reasonably content with a point. Their aims do not even come close to ours so when they meet top 8 teams away from home I'd guess their aim is don't lose rather than win.

Our stance against anyone outside of the top 4, when we're playing at home, has to be 'must win'. While I'd never accept a draw at home, against the best teams you can at least accept it, against anyone else it's a set-back and disappointment.

You and I see sport differently then. There should never be aspirations other than winning every competition, regardless of your supposed skill level. I would never want to have a manager that was aiming or happy with 1 point.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #34: Oct 26, 2013 12:08:06 am
      WBA under Steve Clarke is playing some fluid football. They're precise in their long and short passes and they defended deep. We need to close them down fast and not let them have too much time on the ball. In last year's fixture we gave them too much space and time on the ball and they inflicted much damage on us. This time round I'd like to see us being much more aggressive and get into their box as often as we could and harass their defence.

Their defenders are all 6 footers and we kept crossing the ball into their box in the last fixture and they just kept knocking it out of their box, this time round we need to keep ball onto the ground and razzle dazzle our way into their box.

From the first whistle we must pound their goal and not let them come out of their half. No more strolling around their box in the first 20 minutes or so, this is totally unacceptable. A must win game, anything else is unacceptable.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #35: Oct 26, 2013 12:30:23 am
      For me it's a 3 man midfield we've been screaming for

Mig; Johnson, Toure, Skrtel, Cissokho; Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson; Suarez, Sturridge, Moses

Need 3 points here. Massive fixture to be honest.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #36: Oct 26, 2013 01:16:33 am
      Tough game. I'd like to see, or would feel much more confident if we went with four at the back.

:kop5cf8koxp6:

C'mon Redz! 3pts please, I'll enjoy my week better.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #37: Oct 26, 2013 06:04:12 am
      4-2 to the Reds. Suarez hat trick. First in the league.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #38: Oct 26, 2013 06:08:40 am
      I have a lot of time for Steve Clarke. He's a good man and, in my view, an excellent manager. He will want to win this so he will set out his team to be compact and try and get a result. Not an easy game.

As for us, we didn't play great on Saturday. In fact, I don't think we have played to our true ability all season. We need to pick things up a bit cause this is a period when you prove that early season results were no fluke. Hopefully Coutinho will be involved in some shape or form, plus Luis and Danny link up well as that is obviously our main threat.

The word is Paul that your man is set to make his comeback next weekend.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #39: Oct 26, 2013 06:37:40 am
      With the exception of the Crystal Palace match, we've made hard work of putting teams away.
      Wouldn't it be great if we kept up the intensity for the full 90 minutes today, and turned in our best performance of the season?
      With the away trip to Arsenal next week, we can't afford to lose any ground today.
      3-0 (Lucas hat trick ;-)
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #40: Oct 26, 2013 06:51:59 am
      What's the odds that Lucas, back in the side today, picks up a booking, against WBA. 2  1 to the Red men.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #41: Oct 26, 2013 08:36:59 am
      Bit of a toughy today, baggies are no longer a push over, but we should get the better of them being at home,

I would also dump the three at the back deal and play a solid 4 of Johnson Toure, Sakho , Cissokho, with Lucas, Gerrard, and Henderson in front of them and a front trio of Alberto, Suarez and Sturridge,

Need to play with a high tempo and not allow baggies space , without the ball we need to get In their faces and frustrate the crap out of them,
      I'd love to see us bag 2 or 3 here but tbh I'd settle for 1-0

C'mon Redmen

YNWA
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #42: Oct 26, 2013 08:55:52 am
      This is a tough game , WBA have improved very much under Clarke
       I'd go with 4 at the back, IMO its time ALBERTO is given the nod to start, replacing moses or Hendo while waiting for Coutinho to return

YNWA

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #43: Oct 26, 2013 09:07:06 am
      Really need to take 3 points today, can see Arsenal beating Palace, Spuds beating Hull tomorrow, then there's Chavski vs Shitty.

Its going to be a tough game for sure, West Brom have only conceded 6 goals, which is one less than us, the only saving grace is they are not exactly free scoring at the minute either, I just hope we get one or two early goals to unsettle them.
      little-Luis:)
      • Started Topic

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #44: Oct 26, 2013 09:10:37 am
      One of the lads pulled our of coming today, we have a spare now for the Anny road end.

PM there if anyone wants it, so I'll see it quicker.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #45: Oct 26, 2013 09:28:45 am
      I'd love to see us win this one convincingly, especially with the Arse coming up. Our results in first few games, wasn't a real expression of our quality of football. We haven't really been inspiring except for the Palace game and I think we are hanging on to that top 4 position.  West broom will arrive full of confidence after last seasons results, even though there have been team changes on both sides. That's human nature, and we are still unable to field our strongest side. I think their midfield, may not be better than ours, but will be stronger, and in a close narrow midfield we will get bullied off the ball. If we go with width, we will still need to attack the box on the floor as they will be dominant in the air. If we get good service to Danny and Louis we may conjour a win, but they will have little room to operate in. As much as I'd love us to stuff these, I think this game has a draw written all over it.
      I hope to God i'm wrong as I dearly want us to remain in contention,  and we've got a few hard games coming up so we need the win for a massive confidence boost.        Hoping for a big surprise come 5.00 tonight.  Have to listen on radio today as well.

Quick Reply