Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match: LFC v West Brom

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.7%)
      Mama Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (1.5%)
      Lucas Leiva
      6 (4.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (1.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Aly Cissokho
      0 (0%)
      Luis Suarez
      124 (91.9%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Voting closed: Oct 29, 2013 06:15:24 pm

Liverpool 4-1 West Brom: In game and Post Match Happiness

Read 31735 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Liverpool vs West Brom: Live Thread
      Reply #299: Oct 26, 2013 04:50:37 pm
      Great performance today. I really got worried when it went to 3-1, thankfully Sturridge scored a great goal to put the game to bed.

My only worry is we seemed to buckle a little and allow WBA to pressurize us once they scored. 
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #300: Oct 26, 2013 04:52:31 pm
      Excellent today....brilliant.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #301: Oct 26, 2013 04:52:41 pm
      Game over. Wouldn't taken the arm off at the elbow for a 4-1 draw before the game started.  WELL DONE BOYS!!!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #302: Oct 26, 2013 04:53:32 pm
      Great performance, our best of the season.

Suarez, Lucas and Gerrard were fantastic. Crucial goal from Danny as well.
      HKIred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 751 posts | 34 
      Reply #303: Oct 26, 2013 04:53:50 pm
      Brilliant goals & excellent performance all around. Gunners you're next to receive SAS treatment  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #304: Oct 26, 2013 04:55:06 pm
      Excellent display today, only slightly weak performance was Henderson but at least he gets about and disrupts the other team, he's the new Kuyt :-)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #305: Oct 26, 2013 04:55:13 pm
      Just a shame no other results have gone in our favour today
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #306: Oct 26, 2013 04:55:33 pm
      Well there we are. Huge surprise today for many here!! We scored FOUR goals with that awful formation from Brendan.

In future, perhaps many here could do us all a favour and approach the game with positivity! Moaning, and criticising before the game begins.. that's got to be pretty embarrassing after today's performance!

The only fans who can rightly approach a game with negativity are Man Utd fans.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #307: Oct 26, 2013 04:55:35 pm
      Well, a shame we didn't do that against Newcastle. A victory over Arsenal will make me forget Newcastle though.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #308: Oct 26, 2013 04:56:38 pm
      Fair play to the lads! West Brom are no pushovers, I repeat, NO PUSHOVERS!

4-1 against a strong, resilient side - as good a result as I could ever have expected at the start of the day.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #309: Oct 26, 2013 04:57:03 pm
      Very happy with that. I'd of happily taken a comprehensive 4-1 win before the game.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 824 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #310: Oct 26, 2013 04:57:08 pm
      Great performance today. I really got worried when it went to 3-1, thankfully Sturridge scored a great goal to put the game to bed.

My only worry is we seemed to buckle a little and allow WBA to pressurize us once they scored. 

Don't get me wrong it was a brilliant attacking display, but i agree, at times i was worried they'd get back in it.

Cissokho can't start another game for us, not after that defensive display, he bottled several challenges and seemed to slow when defending, we can't afford that against Arsenal. At times if it weren't for Lucas our defenders would of been ran ragged. Also Henderson put in an effective shift, his energy was essential to our dominance in our attacking play.

Suarez was sublime, but what more impressing for me was Sturridge, majority of the game he seemed clueless and uninterested, then out of nowhere scores a goal expected of only Messi. Again such a brilliant attacking display.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #311: Oct 26, 2013 04:57:46 pm
      Great game against a team that was playing well and had one of the best defensive records in the league up until they faced us.

Suarez easily the MOTM but that's not to say the rest of the team played badly - Lucas and Gerrard were also very good as was most of the team.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #312: Oct 26, 2013 04:58:54 pm
      Would like to see brendan Rodgers go if we don't win this.  His lineups are rediculous. I would have gone with this,

Mignolet

Johnson Toure Sakho  Cissokho

Lucas Hendo

Suarez Gerrard Moses

Sturridge

This is far more better than Rodgers idea. Needlessly throwing points away now.  I can see Rodgers changing the formation after we lose our top 4 position.  Will be too fkin late!

Well, that's Rodgers head saved for the day.

You're an absolute F***ing pathetic excuse of a 'fan'.
      Redpower
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #313: Oct 26, 2013 04:59:04 pm
      Would like to see brendan Rodgers go if we don't win this.  His lineups are rediculous. I would have gone with this,

Mignolet

Johnson Toure Sakho  Cissokho

Lucas Hendo

Suarez Gerrard Moses

Sturridge

This is far more better than Rodgers idea. Needlessly throwing points away now.  I can see Rodgers changing the formation after we lose our top 4 position.  Will be too fkin late!

:roll: :roll:

Well, a great game that was! Suarez & Sturridge together are just fantastic! Thought Henderson had a decent game, especially in the first half he was a beast! Lucas was next to Suarez best player on the pitch for me!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #314: Oct 26, 2013 05:00:29 pm
      Had 4-1 I think in the prediction league, had it as my saver as a bet even though I thought it would be tight I've done us those scores all year :D

You'll go a long way to find a better performance than that this season. One of the best defenses in the league got totally and utterly destroyed by a player who is pushing for a player even higher than just top 3 in the world, yes I think he's that good.

Sturridge / Suarez is the best partnership I've seen for an awful long time in this league.

Lucas / Gerrard made us all look like idiots, that was the best central midfield performance I've seen from a pair this season too, they were both world class today, great to see Gerrard back with a performance like that.

Mig, great save near the end, had one flap that still puts that doubt in your mind and a penalty is not expected to be saved from my perspective.

Toure, saw him beaten for the first time this year, apart from that was comfortable all game, remains mr consistent.

Skrtel, also 1 mistake which he recovered from, other than that was our best defender out there (not the best attacker though :D )

Sakho, got caught a couple of times in possession and could have seen red if he didn't just get the ball on the half-way line, was a rush of blood he needs to cut out as it was also a place where it was no threat. Don't think he's been as impressive as some are saying and remains a slight concern to me. In time I do think he'll be exceptional, just think there's a big question mark when he goes to ground.

Cissokho, our worst player despite the cross for Suarez.

Henderson, played well but there's much more to come from that position, it could be argued he gives the balance though, I'd still disagree but could understand the point.

Johnson, good to have him back, was pretty good all game, frustrating as he tries too much, but he does give you that quality we've been sorely missing.

MotM has to be Suarez for the hat-trick but Lucas and Gerrard are not far behind him, honestly believe that was the best performance by anyone this season and we could have scored 8 or 9 against a strong defence.

That kind of display gives massive belief and makes a mockery of our thoughts at the start of this thread, well in Brendan!!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #315: Oct 26, 2013 05:02:22 pm
      Meh, not bad.

:D

Suarez, just wow! Though for me Studge's goal was the best one of the match. That was sheer skill

What a very good performance from everyone....except one

Unfortunately, the only blot on the landscape today for me was Henderson. Almost every time he received the ball, the play broke down because he either didn't control the ball or misplaced a pass. Simply not good enough. Mind you, at that level of play, not many are!

If we can get a draw away to the arse next week, I'll be happy

All this and a certain Coutinho to come back as well

Also think Joe Allen is a very good player and will be like another signing for us when he's fully fit. And a very good signing too

MotM, ooh that's a hard one...

EDIT: I'm not sure their penalty was a penalty either
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #316: Oct 26, 2013 05:06:29 pm
      Had 4-1 I think in the prediction league, had it as my saver as a bet even though I thought it would be tight I've done us those scores all year :D

You'll go a long way to find a better performance than that this season. One of the best defenses in the league got totally and utterly destroyed by a player who is pushing for a player even higher than just top 3 in the world, yes I think he's that good.

Sturridge / Suarez is the best partnership I've seen for an awful long time in this league.

Lucas / Gerrard made us all look like idiots, that was the best central midfield performance I've seen from a pair this season too, they were both world class today, great to see Gerrard back with a performance like that.

Mig, great save near the end, had one flap that still puts that doubt in your mind and a penalty is not expected to be saved from my perspective.

Toure, saw him beaten for the first time this year, apart from that was comfortable all game, remains mr consistent.

Skrtel, also 1 mistake which he recovered from, other than that was our best defender out there (not the best attacker though :D )

Sakho, got caught a couple of times in possession and could have seen red if he didn't just get the ball on the half-way line, was a rush of blood he needs to cut out as it was also a place where it was no threat. Don't think he's been as impressive as some are saying and remains a slight concern to me. In time I do think he'll be exceptional, just think there's a big question mark when he goes to ground.

Cissokho, our worst player despite the cross for Suarez.

Henderson, played well but there's much more to come from that position, it could be argued he gives the balance though, I'd still disagree but could understand the point.

Johnson, good to have him back, was pretty good all game, frustrating as he tries too much, but he does give you that quality we've been sorely missing.

MotM has to be Suarez for the hat-trick but Lucas and Gerrard are not far behind him, honestly believe that was the best performance by anyone this season and we could have scored 8 or 9 against a strong defence.

That kind of display gives massive belief and makes a mockery of our thoughts at the start of this thread, well in Brendan!!

Agree with all of this. That was a top quality display overall against a good team.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #317: Oct 26, 2013 05:07:26 pm
      Kind of game I'd like 2 votes for, in the MOTM poll.  Cissokho, to me, is just Enrique without the understanding you get from being at a club for a year or two.  Still an area I think we need to improve on.

3 jaw dropping goals, 2 spectacular effort that clattered the cross bar and Gerrard's delivery was sublime in , overall, our best 90 minutes this season.
      Teamofthemacs
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      • By that you mean..?
      Reply #318: Oct 26, 2013 05:15:54 pm
      Agree best we've played this season so far. Luis, Stevie and Lucas played a blinder but overall a very good team performance against a well organised and on form side. Got to hand it to the boss got it spot on today. Bring on the arse!  Now off to the pub cheers folks.  :food-smiley-005:
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #319: Oct 26, 2013 05:16:19 pm
      Some opening posts on here were a joke - then we batter them 4 - 1...

Great performance and great goals. Honestly I cant say what one is the best, you will have to travel long and far to see 4 better goals in a game.
      Nox
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts | 22 
      Reply #320: Oct 26, 2013 05:23:12 pm
      F***ing brilliant game

Suarez is so good.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,242 posts | 850 
      Reply #321: Oct 26, 2013 05:27:51 pm
      Kind of game I'd like 2 votes for, in the MOTM poll.  Cissokho, to me, is just Enrique without the understanding you get from being at a club for a year or two.  Still an area I think we need to improve on.

3 jaw dropping goals, 2 spectacular effort that clattered the cross bar and Gerrard's delivery was sublime in , overall, our best 90 minutes this season.

Cissokho to me is not a footballer, Enrique is.

Quick Reply