Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match: LFC v West Brom

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.7%)
      Mama Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (1.5%)
      Lucas Leiva
      6 (4.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (1.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Aly Cissokho
      0 (0%)
      Luis Suarez
      124 (91.9%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Voting closed: Oct 29, 2013 06:15:24 pm

Liverpool 4-1 West Brom: In game and Post Match Happiness

Read 31549 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Liverpool 4-1 West Brom: In game and Post Match Happiness
      Reply #368: Oct 26, 2013 08:57:48 pm
      Boss game, missed the sturridge goal tho gonna wait for motd :)

Oh its worth the wait.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,664 posts | 6960 
      Reply #369: Oct 26, 2013 09:05:03 pm
      At the risk of sounding controversial.  I thought it was a pen.  Will have to take another look.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #370: Oct 26, 2013 09:09:17 pm
      Is there a place for Philippe next week?  :f_whistle:

On a serious note, yes IMO, Hendersons.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,595 posts | 7141 
      Reply #371: Oct 26, 2013 09:11:51 pm
      I like Henderson there is something very honest about the lad and he is still quite young.I also like the way he is improving his game all the time definitely worth keeping and playing
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #372: Oct 26, 2013 09:13:40 pm

I as well think that will be what happens, but then i worry that loosing Henderson will mean sacrificing a very hard working midfielder for someone who is extremely talented going forward. Maybe against Arsenal we will need that hard working midfielder a bit more. I am not quite sure, obviously Coutinho is an exceptional player and on his ability warrants a start, its just Henderson brings a lot of energy to the team and is always applying pressure to the opposition and against Arsenal we need that.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #373: Oct 26, 2013 09:43:39 pm
      I don't want to spoil the good mood, and meant to mention this in my previous post.
      I was absolutely disgusted with the way Cissokho pulled out of a couple of tackles today.
      Hope fully it was a one off after getting the ball in his face, but it wasn't good to see.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #374: Oct 26, 2013 10:15:37 pm
      At the risk of sounding controversial.  I thought it was a pen.  Will have to take another look.

Thought Cissokho just clipped him, but Lucas  was getting that ball all day, every day. Isn't it in the rules though, if it doubt, the attacking team is given the benefit of doubt?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #375: Oct 26, 2013 10:19:55 pm
      Thought Cissokho just clipped him, but Lucas  was getting that ball all day, every day. Isn't it in the rules though, if it doubt, the attacking team is given the benefit of doubt?

I thought if it was a pen, it was because Lucas and Cissokho sandwiched him? Maybe the linesman was just trying to waft away a fly.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #376: Oct 26, 2013 10:23:48 pm
      I thought if it was a pen, it was because Lucas and Cissokho sandwiched him? Maybe the linesman was just trying to waft away a fly.

Commentators during the game, after several replays, said that if that was for something Lucas did, the lines man is wrong.  Kind of agree with that myself.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,389 posts | 6404 
      Reply #377: Oct 26, 2013 10:24:36 pm
      This one wasn't broadcast over here (and I was coaching my sons' teams all day) so I missed it, hope it gets replayed during the week, looks like I missed one of our better games. Was able to watch the goals at least...holy crap, pure quality. Liking how this team pulls it together, we had a bad game against Newcastle but made it right today. That's something I don't think we saw as much of last year, limiting the bad results to only every so often. Now we just need to carry this over and pound the Arse ;)

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,715 posts | 3721 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #378: Oct 26, 2013 10:32:29 pm
      I'm drunk, holy crap what a win :) YNWA When I create the thread, we haven't lost :D Comment tomorrow.
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #379: Oct 26, 2013 11:11:41 pm
      Arsenal,Fulham,Bitters next three, No problem!  ;D
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #380: Oct 26, 2013 11:27:14 pm
      Oops  ;D

Didn't see the game yet but surely there can be no moaning about a 4-1 win?

;D I didn't like the line-up but I have to say, Rodgers and Liverpool shoved my opinion down my throat. Before the game started it looked defensive as hell in my honest opinion, but whatever the manager said to the players today, it worked wonders mate. Quite easily the best game we've played this season, a good solid 90min performance. Luis was phenomenal, as was Lucas who did his job properly today. Cissokho was our weakest player, lacks conviction when he goes forward, just not as good as an attacking threat as Enrique for me. Credit to the players and manager, a great result and gives me much more confidence that we actually can use a 3-5-2 effectively.

Only negatives would be making late subs, Gerrard could've gone off slightly earlier, we were comfortable at 3-1. And obviously the goal, we've failed to keep a clean sheet since the 3rd game of the season which is ashame. But still, great display by the boys and bring on the Gunners next week!!
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,933 posts | 283 
      Reply #381: Oct 26, 2013 11:29:56 pm
      Whens Enrique back? Wasn't a fan of Cissokho today, thought everyone else was immense, Luis, Lucas, Skrtel all had top performances.

I as well think that will be what happens, but then i worry that loosing Henderson will mean sacrificing a very hard working midfielder for someone who is extremely talented going forward. Maybe against Arsenal we will need that hard working midfielder a bit more.

Best form of defense is attack. Arsenal are weak at the back and even though doubtless Henderson would solidify our midfield, we would be adding a top distributor against a side that play with a very high line. Additionally I want to see how good our team can be, and Coutinho has to be in the first 11 when we have a full squad. Lucas was immense today and I think should give Ozil some trouble.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,797 posts | 575 
      Reply #382: Oct 26, 2013 11:33:54 pm
      Watched game from sunny Florida - what a difference a couple of decent strikers make to a team!
      Delighted
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,664 posts | 6960 
      Reply #383: Oct 26, 2013 11:39:37 pm
      Before the game started it looked defensive as hell in my honest opinion, but whatever the manager said to the players today

I said similar before the game.

But Gerrard definitely got forward far more than he has been of late - Lucas did a much better job today than he has done this season so maybe it loosened the shackles on Gerrard a bit?

Either way - Henderson was quite attack minded and did a good job at supplying the front two.

It looked a tad defensive on paper - but Gerrard and Henderson definitely gave far more going forward than we probably expected.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,389 posts | 6404 
      Reply #384: Oct 26, 2013 11:43:19 pm
      Watched game from sunny Florida - what a difference a couple of decent strikers make to a team!
      Delighted

Whereabouts in Florida?

Weather is nice eh? :)
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #385: Oct 26, 2013 11:45:55 pm
      I said similar before the game.

But Gerrard definitely got forward far more than he has been of late - Lucas did a much better job today than he has done this season so maybe it loosened the shackles on Gerrard a bit?

Either way - Henderson was quite attack minded and did a good job at supplying the front two.

It looked a tad defensive on paper - but Gerrard and Henderson definitely gave far more going forward than we probably expected.

That's exactly it mate, Gerrard was definitely going forward more today. On paper I thought we were going to see the immobile 2 defensive midfield duo of Gerrard and Lucas that we've seen in most games, but it was different today. Our midfield looked alert and first to every ball, looked to attack their backline and supply Luis and Danny. Players like Sessegnon didn't get a look in which I was happy about. I think we were pretty comfortable all game tbh, so credit to the team.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,625 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #386: Oct 26, 2013 11:49:11 pm
      Hat trick and an uber lob.
      Jesus, Titty F***ing, Christ.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #387: Oct 26, 2013 11:52:00 pm
      Hat trick and an uber lob.
      Jesus, Titty F***ing, Christ.

Ha read this wrong at first, thought you put "uber knob". What with the rest of your post, the forum just went X Rated.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,835 posts | 6780 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #388: Oct 27, 2013 12:17:27 am
      Get the f**k in, wonderful goals scored by SAS.
      We dominated a very good West Brom side for most of the match apart from a shaky 15 mins where they got a very dodgy penalty.
      Made up with the win and scoring 4 helping our GD. 
      Well done lads, gonna be a cracker against the Gooners next week. Can't wait to see Coutinho playing with Luis and Daniel.

Liam_Baggies
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #389: Oct 27, 2013 12:45:26 am
      Not much for me to say really. Well done, thoroughly deserved three points.

As much as I despise Luis Suarez, he is a world class talent and he proved why today.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,371 posts | 1539 
      Reply #390: Oct 27, 2013 01:08:05 am
      I posted earlier that I hoped we would stuff these today, although I thought realistically it would be a draw. What a terrific surprise. Listened to the match on the radio and was surprised by the quality of our play and the sustained effort in keeping it going. When west brom got their pen, difficult to assess from the radio,  I thought we were in for our usual second half collapse, but hey! Took it to them and totally dominated for the full 90.
      If it was 7 - 1, they couldn't have complained, and make no mistake, they are a decent side. Usually very competitive in the middle, solid at the back and have forwards who are very powerful and confident on the ball.
      Well we made them look ordinary today, and not many sides will do that to west brom this season, as comprehensively as that.
      It all clicked into place today, and the confidence gained from that, going into the Arse game will work wonders. As was said earlier, just need to decide, do we need the industry of Henderson, or the Guile of Coutinho ? Gonna be a tough decision for the boss next week. 
      MOTM for me was Suarez, although three or four ran him close. Every one put in a shift, and we were well deserved winners. Just pray it's not a one off, and is the start of a decent run of form in time for a run of tough games.
       Have to say I'm still a bit surprised, especially on our second half performance and the fact that West Brom were made to look quite poor.
      Make no mistake, they were a good side at 2.59p.m. today. By 4.50p.m. they were a complete shambles.
      Some of the best footy I've seen us play this season, and for the full 90, and some of the best finishing as well.     

Quick Reply