Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

The Next 10 Games...

Read 24750 times
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Re: The Next 10 Games...
      Reply #92: Dec 08, 2013 09:34:46 pm
      The next 4 games are going to be massive to our season - or so I keep telling myself...

It would appear that anyone can beat anyone in this league and this weekend has shown that any side can and indeed will drop points! However, even on the performances we have been on we are still only 1 or 2 games or bad results from being 6th. This time last season the gap between 2nd and 6th was 9 points, the season before 10 - however we only have a 3 point tally! We are however 11 points better off vs time gone and that is a big plus for me...

Spurs away could not come at a better time for us, I think they are there for the taking. They have Anzhi who are not the force they were on Thursday - but it will be a difficult game. This coming off the back of 2 results they could have lost and have conceded first in...

Cardiff - at home, should be 3 points and needed. If we lose to Spurs this is a must win, if we win then it will be a welcome bonus.

City on Boxing day has the makings of a total nightmare! If they played like they do at home each week they wouldn’t lose a game... They look amazing and took Spurs apart. I hope for something here, a point but would expect a very difficult afternoon. I honestly can’t see them losing a game at home all season...

I can see many saying that we can also win away at Chelsea (no other team has managed this under Jose in the prem) and they are undefeated in 7 this season so it’s no walk in the park! A Draw would be a great result.

Hull at Anfield will come soon enough for us to feel bitter still, regardless of other results. I hope we can teach them a lesson!

It will be a bumpy road for a few weeks, so I expect this place to too and throw between 'sack Rogers, NESV out' and 'we can win the league'. I hope more that latter... Regardless of the results most teams in the top 6 have to come to our patch after this run which is good - and even if we lose 3 games I would look at the table now and guess we will be 3 points off top 4 either way!

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,875 posts | 704 
      Reply #93: Dec 09, 2013 01:32:43 am
      The last 6 treks to Spurs have brought us 0/15 points and a LC exit.

If we get 6 points or more from the next 3 away games, we'll be well set going into next year. Get less than 4 and we'll be back fighting the also-rans again.
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2013 02:03:36 am by lfc across the water »
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #94: Dec 09, 2013 04:33:43 am
      I'd take 3 points from those three away games, as long as it's three draws. That means taking points from THREE of main rivals. And also don't forget the confidence we would gain going into the new year by not losing any of our arguably THE hardest fixtures.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #95: Dec 09, 2013 12:15:28 pm
      Liverpool:
      Everton (a) 1pt (1pt)
      Hull (a) 3pts (0pt)
      Norwich (h) 3pts (3pts)
      West Ham (h) 3pts (3pts)

Spurs (a) 1pt
      Cardiff (h) 3pts
      Man City (a) 0pt
      Chelsea (a) 1pt

Chelsea
      West Ham (a) 3pts (3pts)
      Southampton (h) 3pts (3pts)

Sunderland (a) 3pts (3pts)
      Stoke (a) 3pts (0pts)
      Palace (h) 3pts
      Arsenal (a) 1pt
      Swansea (h) 3pts
      Liverpool (h) 1pt

Spurs:
      Man City (a) 0pts (0pts)
      Man Utd (h) 1pt (1pt)
      Fulham (a) 3pts (3pts)
      Sunderland (a) 3pts (3pts)
      Liverpool (h) 1pt
      Southampton (a) 1pt
      West Brom (h) 3pts
      Stoke (h) 3pts

Scum:
      Cardiff (a) 3pts (1pt)
      Spurs (a) 1pt (1pt)
      Everton (h) 3pts (0pts)
      Newcastle (h) 3pts (0pts)

Villa (a) 3pts
      West Ham (h) 3pts
      Hull (a) 3pts
      Norwich (a) 3pts

Arsenal:
      Southampton (h) 3pts (3pts)
      Cardiff (a) 3pts (3pts)
      Hull (h) 3pts (3pts)

Everton (h) 3pts (0pts)
      Man City (a) 0pt
      Chelsea (h) 1pt
      West Ham (a) 3pts
      Newcastle (a) 1pt

Man City:
      Spurs (h) 3pts (3pts)
      Swansea (h) 3pts (3pts)
      West Brom (a) 1pt (3pts)

Southampton (a) 1pt (1pt)
      Arsenal (h) 3pts
      Fulham (a) 3pts
      Liverpool (h) 3pts
      Palace (h) 3pts

Everton:
      Liverpool (h) 1pt (1pt)
      Stoke (h) 3pts (3pts)
      United (a) 0pt (3pts)

Arsenal (a) 0pts (1pt)
      Fulham (h) 3pts
      Swansea (a) 1pt
      Sunderland (h) 3pts
      Southampton (h) 1pt

What I initially predicted:

42pts Arsenal
      41pts Chelsea
      40pts Manchester United
      39pts Manchester City
      38pts Liverpool
      35pts Spurs
      32pts Everton

But how it looks:

40pts Arsenal
      39pts Manchester City
      38pts Chelsea
      36pts Everton
      35pts Liverpool
      35pts Spurs
      34pts Scum

That's football for you folks. I expect it to continue to change. Hopefully Liverpool can remain unbeaten in their remaining 2013 fixtures.

The Spurs game is more important than ever now, especially given that we dropped three ridiculous points against Hull. Would've expected the top half of the table to string out a little by now.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #96: Dec 15, 2013 06:55:20 pm
      If we beat Cardiff and snatch a point against either City or Chelsea, that'd see us finish the year with 37 points which is pretty respectable in my opinion. However, we should only play for the win like we did today. Great performance and hope to see us continue this way.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #97: Dec 15, 2013 07:08:07 pm
      If we beat Cardiff and snatch a point against either City or Chelsea, that'd see us finish the year with 37 points which is pretty respectable in my opinion. However, we should only play for the win like we did today. Great performance and hope to see us continue this way.

I agree, Cardiff win next week is a must, then we can go into the 2 aways with nothing to lose! Cant see us beating City so perhaps pure counter-attack football there but against Chelsea we should go all out for the win like today, even if we lost both we'd be on 36 points after 19 games, equal form replicated in the 2nd half of the season would see us in the top 4!
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #98: Dec 15, 2013 07:40:34 pm
      The Cardiff game is a must win though. We've dropped points after big wins before so I'm hoping we can finally capitalise on our recent big win.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if we were the first team to end City's and Chelsea unbeaten home run. A bit ambitious, though.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,025 posts | 3958 
      Reply #99: Dec 15, 2013 07:56:22 pm
      The Cardiff game is a must win though. We've dropped points after big wins before so I'm hoping we can finally capitalise on our recent big win.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if we were the first team to end City's and Chelsea unbeaten home run. A bit ambitious, though.

A forecast of today's score would have been considered ''ambitious'' mate.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #100: Dec 15, 2013 08:04:34 pm
      A forecast of today's score would have been considered ''ambitious'' mate.

Indeed, but logically you'd consider it somewhat ambitious given the torturous lessons many teams have had at the Etihad. Maybe not so ambitious to beat the chavs at Stamford Bridge, but general opinion would have it that way when travelling to City.

If any team is to beat City or the chavs in their own backyard, it's us. Logic counts for little in football, as previously discussed in another thread.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #101: Dec 15, 2013 08:45:11 pm

Spot on mate. Thought the same, we can bask in the Glory of that win for a day or a few hours at the very least but we must come out and smack Cardiff. No point winning today if we lose to them at home.

As for Man City, that's gonna be a cracker, wil be nervous for that one but with Chelsea, I'm confident we will go there and come away with something. Hope it's the 3 points, obviously.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4407 
      Reply #102: Dec 15, 2013 09:01:31 pm
      Looking at how many Arsenal could have scored against City if they had a quality forward. We have Luis...........bring it on can't wait. But in all honesty today's result will mean jack if we drop points against Cardiff.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #103: Dec 19, 2013 05:57:50 pm
      Arsenal:
      Chelsea (h) 1pt
      West Ham (a) 3pts
      Newcastle (a) 1pt

Liverpool:
      Cardiff (h) 3pts
      Man City (a) 0pt
      Chelsea (a) 1pt

Chelsea:
      Arsenal (a) 1pt
      Swansea (h) 3pts
      Liverpool (h) 1pt

Man City:
      Fulham (a) 3pts
      Liverpool (h) 3pts
      Palace (h) 3pts

Everton:
      Swansea (a) 1pt
      Sunderland (h) 3pts
      Southampton (h) 1pt

Spurs:
      Southampton (a) 1pt
      West Brom (h) 3pts
      Stoke (h) 3pts

Scum:
      West Ham (h) 3pts
      Hull (a) 3pts
      Norwich (a) 3pts

The 2nd half of the season on paper should be easier for us.

40pts Arsenal
      39pts Manchester City
      38pts Chelsea
      37pts Liverpool
      37pts Everton
      34pts Spurs
      34pts Scum
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #104: Dec 19, 2013 08:08:27 pm
      Im more confident about the Cardiff game now than I was a few months back. It is a game we should win comfortably.

Am I the only one who thinks we have a chance against City? We should have won both games against them last season, so I don't think they'll hold any fear for our players.
      What more motivation do we need than to be the team to end they're home record?

Chelsea are a bit hit and miss this season, it is a game we could well take 3 points from if we can win the midfield battle. Its not like they have anything up front to worry us.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #105: Dec 19, 2013 08:12:48 pm
      Im more confident about the Cardiff game now than I was a few months back. It is a game we should win comfortably.

Am I the only one who thinks we have a chance against City? We should have won both games against them last season, so I don't think they'll hold any fear for our players.
      What more motivation do we need than to be the team to end they're home record?

Chelsea are a bit hit and miss this season, it is a game we could well take 3 points from if we can win the midfield battle. Its not like they have anything up front to worry us.

Yeah, it's give us a slight chance now Aguero is out injured.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #106: Dec 19, 2013 08:19:34 pm
      Yeah, it's give us a slight chance now Aguero is out injured.
      We already had a chance, it makes it easier on our defence no doubt, they don't have another striker like him. We have the best striker in the world though and a lot of teams will be scared of us, I reckon we will beat them.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,365 posts | 1538 
      Reply #107: Dec 19, 2013 09:39:39 pm

They look amazing and took Spurs apart.

It's now looking like spurs weren't as good as it was predicted they might be with their £125m spend. We also took them apart, so that would put us on a par with City when we play to our strengths.
      Don't forget how we dominated them last season only to fail with that awefull back pass from Skrtel.
       All good things come to an end sometime, and I think we can surprise them and come away with 3 points ! More confident about this one than I felt about the derby match.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #108: Dec 20, 2013 09:34:53 am
      Well apart from the Hull game so for we are doing good for the "next 10 games" which started way back. if we can take 9pts over this festive period we are real title contenders
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #109: Dec 22, 2013 09:17:42 am
      It's now looking like spurs weren't as good as it was predicted they might be with their £125m spend. We also took them apart, so that would put us on a par with City when we play to our strengths.
      Don't forget how we dominated them last season only to fail with that awefull back pass from Skrtel.
       All good things come to an end sometime, and I think we can surprise them and come away with 3 points ! More confident about this one than I felt about the derby match.

Not so, they also took apart Arsenal who beat us this season - putting 6 past them.

Look, City at home will be a fricking tough game and one I dont think we will win. We have the opportunity to, and have played well against them in the past - but anyone thinking we will win this is a bit too optimistic for me. Also, losing this game will not as many see it be the end of our season. I would take a point today, however I would also settle for 3rd in the prem today. Perhaps I have awoken 3 days before christmas in a negative mood...
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #110: Dec 22, 2013 12:04:21 pm
      Have to agree with passportboy,

Whilst we have picked up impressive wins against the lesser teams at Anfield and battered a vulnerable Spurs team away, reality is, we haven't faced anyone near as good as City. They've looked unstoppable at the Etihad this season and have absolutely battered their rivals:

4-0 vs Newcastle
      4-1 vs Utd
      3-1 vs Everton
      6-0 vs Spurs
      6-3 vs Arsenal

I'm not worried about this game, because like the title, it's Citehs to lose. Anything other than a loss would be an achievement at the Etihad.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,307 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #111: Dec 22, 2013 12:16:15 pm
      I really think we can beat City if we believe as a team, I just think they are due a blip at home and even if they are on form we can still take a point. I think we will get 4 points over the next 2 games. Id have no fear at all of Chelsea
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #112: Dec 22, 2013 12:28:33 pm
      I really think we can beat City if we believe as a team, I just think they are due a blip at home and even if they are on form we can still take a point. I think we will get 4 points over the next 2 games. Id have no fear at all of Chelsea

Nor would I. It's their game to lose, and we'll be huge underdogs for this game. We've gotta go out there with the mentality to we can upset them. I think this situation could favour us.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,365 posts | 1538 
      Reply #113: Dec 22, 2013 12:33:20 pm
      Look, City at home will be a fricking tough game and one I dont think we will win. We have the opportunity to, and have played well against them in the past - but anyone thinking we will win this is a bit too optimistic for me. Also, losing this game will not as many see it be the end of our season. I would take a point today, however I would also settle for 3rd in the prem today. Perhaps I have awoken 3 days before christmas in a negative mood...
      Understand where you're coming from Passport' but Arsenal always seem weaker with Wilshire playing. He played in most games they performed poorly, including the city game, but didn't play against us.
      Everyone keeps crowing about this marvellous talent arse and England have. I just don't see it. He's suspended for 2 matches now. See how arse midfield improve without him!
       I also think we are far from the finished article, and do need improvement in the centre of the park, even though we've been better of late. Just have this weird feeling we'll win this one, as they are conceding plenty, with an attitude of, 'we'll just score more than you'. To be sure there will come a time when they won't, and scoring goals at the mo is certainly one of our strengths, which they will have to worry about, like they haven't had to against most of their opposition so far.
      I'm gonna be really bold now and give you an early prediction of 3 - 2 to the red men !    You heard it here first.

Although I also agree, a draw or a loss,would not be the end of our season.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #114: Dec 22, 2013 12:51:57 pm

I agree Brian, I think we can get at them, we need to be extremely disciplined be in their faces when they have the ball and pass them to f***in death when we have it,
      It's all about frustrating them into making mistakes,
      They will be worried about Luis so we need to play to our strengths when we can,
      I fancy us getting a point at least, this for us is massive, argueably our biggest test of the whole season ,

I'm really looking forward to this, I'll be a bag of sh*t on the day but that's all part of the fun, winning or losing will not define our season, winning sends a message to everyone else that LFC are serious contenders, losing won't change anything because no one expects us to get anything from City,

I'm going to say 2-2, from the off take the game to them, hopefully score first, and hope panic does the rest.

YNWA

Quick Reply