Trending Topics

Pre-match thread: Arsenal vs Liverpool 2nd November 17:30

Read 17976 times
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Re: Pre-match thread: Arsenal vs Liverpool 2nd November 17:30
      Reply #115: Nov 02, 2013 01:39:44 am
      The countdown to kick off is wrong. Someone fix that please as I'm relying on that to avoid DST confusion for tomorrow morning
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #116: Nov 02, 2013 01:44:23 am
      The countdown to kick off is wrong. Someone fix that please as I'm relying on that to avoid DST confusion for tomorrow morning

Right time for me, works out as a 1730 GMT kick off. 
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #117: Nov 02, 2013 02:20:23 am
      Right time for me, works out as a 1730 GMT kick off. 

mine works out at 17.30 as well, but I'm on a 8 hour time difference wih England.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #118: Nov 02, 2013 02:45:38 am
      ^ same as he said. It used to be ok though.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #119: Nov 02, 2013 03:17:03 am
      My clock says kick off is in 4 hours and 15 minutes. Which makes it 5:30pm local time in Australia (currently 1:15pm).

Can't wait for this. F***ing late kick offs.
      newguy
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #120: Nov 02, 2013 08:04:08 am
      Im so excited cant sleep well, Ive been feeling anxiously all week long, invited a couple friends over to watch the game, just for the good football though, well wake and bake and make all my friends cheer loudly for Liverpool all the way from Costa Rica, Im am sincerely expecting a win, I seriously think we can do it, and ill be extremely dissapointed if we dont.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #121: Nov 02, 2013 08:45:41 am
      In laws over at circa 7pm...

I feel for them, either a great night or I will be a total bellend and in a shocking mood. Was debating watching this on MOTD, but havent missed a game since PSV in 2006 (my first date with my now wife). So effectivley she is to blame for this...

That said, this will be a great game! I cant pick much between us - I always think Arsenal are lightweight but this cant be the case as I seldom see them (especially at home) get battered. We need to do what Dortmund did, which is easier said than done! Keep Ozil quiet and watch his head drop and Carzola needs to be out of the game... Their defence should give us at least 3 opportunities this game, its simply a case of if we take them or not. I cant see is shipping 4 goals to them so in my mind we should win if we take all of our chances...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,355 posts | 4969 
      Reply #122: Nov 02, 2013 08:46:59 am

Really?

I mean how long has he been here now for the name to be a problem?

On your point about the two though I disagree and for me it has to be the same side as last week as the midfield is going to be crucial in this game and the three of Lucas, Gerrard and Henderson offer the most in terms of solidity right now and add that to the form of our front two I think it will be enough.

Coutinho can be our impact sub coming off the bench and then the following week we can see where he fits into the side.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #123: Nov 02, 2013 08:53:26 am
      Today's game has to be about the team, not just Sturridge and Suarez. You get by beating lesser quality teams with two player in hot form. But Arsenal will go out to stop SAS and attack us. Midfield is key. Lose the battle their, we will struggle all over the pitch. Defensive selections will be interesting to see. Skrtel and Sakho have been in good form. Still wouldn't rule out Agger being thrown in to the mix.

Not going to lie, I am quite nervous. A win today could put us in good stead. That said, if we lose, it isn't the end of the world as some would lead you to believe. However, important to try put down a marker. Come on Reds!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,355 posts | 4969 
      Reply #124: Nov 02, 2013 08:55:59 am
      Skrtel and Sakho have been in good form. Still wouldn't rule out Agger being thrown in to the mix.

My thoughts on this are the same for the midfield Semps. I just don't think this is a game to make the change at the back after the three have had a settled spell in the side.

I'm not as nervous as I probably should be though and have a feeling we will get the win although it won't be an easy 3 points.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #125: Nov 02, 2013 09:09:12 am
      If our midfield turns up i think this will be the key to the game ,do their job and it will allow sas to have a good go at them and there is no defence out there that can contain them for the 90 without us having no chances, if we take them we will win come on you reds lets fire a warning out to all who are watching, slowly but surely on our way back ,

step up lads this is your chance
                                                           to lay down a marker.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #126: Nov 02, 2013 09:21:38 am
      The key for me is how Lucas and Gerrard play. If they have a big influence on the game, then I really think we can come away with the points.

If Gerrard drifts and Lucas keeps getting beat and gives fouls away though, I can't see us doing well.

Sturridge and Suarez are on form so you'll expect at least one or two good chances, regardless of how the team plays. Arsenal play so far up the pitch these days when attacking set pieces so that is certainly something to keep in mind when getting ready to break.

We can certainly beat Arsenal today. Just depends how much the team want it. If we go to sleep in the middle of the field though, I can't see us picking up anything.
      RedWilly

• 9,219 posts | 1646 
      Reply #127: Nov 02, 2013 09:22:00 am
      Anyone else notice the amount of interviews the club are releasing with players saying how '3 points will send out a message'. Henderson, Johnson, Cissohko all have had one in the last day.
      Wish we wouldn't. We always do this when we're on a good run, come out say all these things and get ahead of ourselves before we inevitably get taken down a peg or two and left looking silly.

Still think we've got a win in us here, West Brom was our best performance of the season, need to carry that into this game and cut out the sloppy defensive errors.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #128: Nov 02, 2013 10:09:38 am
      Just realized we're probably going to be wearing "that" kit today.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #129: Nov 02, 2013 10:16:18 am
      My thoughts on this are the same for the midfield Semps. I just don't think this is a game to make the change at the back after the three have had a settled spell in the side.

I'm not as nervous as I probably should be though and have a feeling we will get the win although it won't be an easy 3 points.

To be honest, I go along with that as well. Don't fix if it isn't broken. If, however, things are looking shaky, I don't think Brendan will hesitate to bring Dagger back in.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #130: Nov 02, 2013 10:22:39 am
      Just realized we're probably going to be wearing "that" kit today.
      I love it so keep calm :D
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #131: Nov 02, 2013 10:32:26 am
      ^^ yup "that" kit looks ugly like a Decepticon design. Hope we pulverize them like all good Decepticons do.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,906 posts | 6829 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #132: Nov 02, 2013 10:43:32 am
      My clock says kick off is in 4 hours and 15 minutes. Which makes it 5:30pm local time in Australia (currently 1:15pm).

Can't wait for this. F***ing late kick offs.

Mate it is 9.43 pm Saturday night now..KO is at 4.30am (AEST) Tomoz (Sunday) morning...not 5.30?? Better check your clock bud.

EDIT: F***ing Nervous...Go Reds.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,437 posts | 6427 
      Reply #133: Nov 02, 2013 10:57:11 am
      Not going to be able to catch this one today, hope we make a statement of intent on the title really take it to them. 3-1 Reds, Sturridge scores two, Luis one.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #134: Nov 02, 2013 11:02:37 am
      The key for me is how Lucas and Gerrard play. If they have a big influence on the game, then I really think we can come away with the points.

If Gerrard drifts and Lucas keeps getting beat and gives fouls away though, I can't see us doing well.
      Agreed. Midfield, as ever, is the key mate; even more so against this lot. They don't like it up 'em. We need to take turns hitting them quick and hard. Intensity and concentration the key. At the back (if we go three) the three need to know who's doing what/who and when.

It'll be tough but stay focused, remain intense and we can do them over.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #135: Nov 02, 2013 11:05:42 am
      Agreed. Midfield, as ever, is the key mate; even more so against this lot. They don't like it up 'em.

True, but then again--does anyone?  ;D
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #136: Nov 02, 2013 11:18:10 am
      Wilshire out for this one... So a midfield of Arteta and Ramsey will be the key and Ozil playing behind Giroude...

That is indeed positive news and will give us a lift!
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #137: Nov 02, 2013 11:26:51 am
      Wilshire out for this one... So a midfield of Arteta and Ramsey will be the key and Ozil playing behind Giroude...

That is indeed positive news and will give us a lift!

Wilshere is massively overrated. Arteta will be disciplined and Ramsey in fine form.

Don't think it changes much with Wilshere missing.

Need to expose Arsenal in wide positions to open their midfield up. I expect to see a ton of Suarez drifting to wide positions

Quick Reply