Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

"Treatment of Football Fans in the 20th Century"

Read 1464 times
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 900 posts |
      "Treatment of Football Fans in the 20th Century"
      Oct 24, 2013 03:59:51 pm
      Wasn't sure if I put this in the right place, mods feel free to move it.

Hey guys

I am currently doing an EPQ (Extended Project) on the ways football fans were treated in the 20th century and even up to today. Since I am too young to have any first hand experience on what watching football in the grounds was like in them days, I was wondering if some of you could answer a few questions on the matter if you have the time.

1- How long have you been going to live football games for?

2- How has football changed in this time and is it for better or worse?

3- How would you describe stadiums back in the 20th century? Were they vastly different from today?

4- Did you as a fan, ever feel angry at the conditions you had to endure week in week out? Could you describe what some of these conditions were like?

5- Events such as Hillsborough were down to inept and weak policing. What is your view of the police in regards to football? What were their methods of crowd control?

6- In many cases the footballing authorities did not act on advice given to them from the clubs in regards to fan safety and the suitability of stadiums for high calibre events. The consequences of this can be seen yet again from Hillsborough and also Heysel. Do you think organisations like the F.A and UEFA could have done more to look after fans?

Thanks!

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: "Treatment of Football Fans in the 20th Century"
      Reply #1: Nov 03, 2013 09:05:56 am
      Wasn't sure if I put this in the right place, mods feel free to move it.

Hey guys

I am currently doing an EPQ (Extended Project) on the ways football fans were treated in the 20th century and even up to today. Since I am too young to have any first hand experience on what watching football in the grounds was like in them days, I was wondering if some of you could answer a few questions on the matter if you have the time.

1- How long have you been going to live football games for?

2- How has football changed in this time and is it for better or worse?

3- How would you describe stadiums back in the 20th century? Were they vastly different from today?

4- Did you as a fan, ever feel angry at the conditions you had to endure week in week out? Could you describe what some of these conditions were like?

5- Events such as Hillsborough were down to inept and weak policing. What is your view of the police in regards to football? What were their methods of crowd control?

6- In many cases the footballing authorities did not act on advice given to them from the clubs in regards to fan safety and the suitability of stadiums for high calibre events. The consequences of this can be seen yet again from Hillsborough and also Heysel. Do you think organisations like the F.A and UEFA could have done more to look after fans?

Thanks!

Is it you that is doing the EPQ mate or have you put that up on behalf of somebody else?

Quick Reply