Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

The Raheem Sterling Contract Issue is becoming a problem?

Read 8636 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: The Raheem Sterling Contract Issue is becoming a problem?
      Reply #46: Sep 26, 2014 07:56:23 pm
      Ha haa should change the couch to a rock  :f_tongueincheek:

Some people are never satisfied  :f_whistle:

Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #47: Sep 26, 2014 08:27:48 pm
      I'd tell him that if he carried on with his current form, then at the end of season they would all definitely sit down for new negotiations. I don't think it would be wise at all to come out now and totally dismiss it and say that it's something that doesn't need discussing.

Weren't there 'fears' last time around that if he didn't get the hike that he (or his agent) thought he was worth that he'd be off to pastures new?

Lets not get into the position like we did a few years ago a la Gerrard where we ambled along thinking it was a foregone conclusion that he'd stay.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,853 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #48: Sep 26, 2014 08:28:52 pm
      I think at 19 years old £120 k is pretty good ! Pay him £90k a week now and in a year's time he would be a millionaire at 20 ! Then what . ? Ambition gone possibly ?
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #49: Sep 27, 2014 03:43:24 pm
      I think at 19 years old £120 k is pretty good ! Pay him £90k a week now and in a year's time he would be a millionaire at 20 ! Then what . ? Ambition gone possibly ?

Disagree totally. He deserves all the money he can get now. He is playing way better than those earning £80k/week.

What happens if some bad tackle sidelines him for a long time or worse still, end his career early?

I say pay him what he deserves now. Forget the age, it is his talent and commitment that are relevant.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #50: Sep 28, 2014 07:14:39 am
      If we talk about people in footballl being given big fat contracts and roles way ahead of their time, then being promoted as some sort of worldbeaters, you only need look at Brendan Rodgers himself.

Sterling's ability and performance is undoubted. Rodgers in comparison is barely past rookie stage.
      So I'm surprised that he of all people made the comments about Raheem.

Fair point. 

There is a time moneyball can go out of the window. 

So he is receiving just a tenth of what Shrek receives each week ?

Pay Raheem the market rate. 
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1518 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #51: Sep 28, 2014 10:11:16 pm
      Great when he has his moments but his final ball is poor and his decision making leaves a lot to be desired. He's got a bit of pace but he's not taking the ball with him. I don't think he should be starting for us; he's too hot and cold. He was beginning to thrive with Luis in the team, and he might kick on when Studge is back, but he seems to have taken a step back so far this season.

Don't want him to leave any time soon because he may turn out to be world class for us, but right now he's just potential. He's far from the real deal at the moment, despite what the media say about him

Quick Reply