Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Pre Match: Liverpool v Norwich - Wed 4th Dec at 7:45

Read 9376 times
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 309 posts | 43 
      Pre Match: Liverpool v Norwich - Wed 4th Dec at 7:45
      Dec 02, 2013 02:53:21 pm
      This is my first post for a while so It will be a bit of a mixture of the pre match talk and some things that need discussing :)

Firstly - We host Norwich on Wednesday looking for 3 points to put the disappointment of the defeat by Hull behind us. Norwich will be looking to build on their 1-0 win over Crystal Palace on Saturday.

Norwich are an organised side but seem to struggle away from home and are likely to line up with a 4-5-1 formation. They currently sit 14th in the table.

After the performance at Hull, I'm sure there were many of us wondering who will play in the next game, mainly in defence. So I'd like to go into some depth with some players in the current squad and see which system suits our side best.

Rodgers has said he wants to play a balanced 3-5-2 formation, so I'm guessing once Enrique or Cissokho come back into the side we will see this again.

This is the team I'd play against Norwich, using a 3-4-1-2 formation.

Mignolet - Probably our best player so far this season, a great shot stopper and improving all the time.

Skrtel - I feel a bit sorry for him to be honest, he's been our most consistent defender this season and was so unlucky with 2 of the goals against Hull on Sunday. He's strong and throws himself in front of everything and in my view should start every game until someone proves to be a better option.

Agger - Our vice captain and in my view of best defender. We miss his leadership when he's not on the pitch and I feel he has to come back in if we are to sort our defensive issues out.

Sakho - Another player who shouldn't be sitting on the bench. Stick him in there with Skrtel and Agger and I can't see Norwich's strikers getting to much joy.

Johnson - Had a poor game on Sunday, we know he can do much better and playing him at Right wing back with Skrtel covering him should give him the confidence to push forward.

Henderson - I'd like to see him in the middle with Gerrard and to play the box to box role on Wednesday.

Gerrard - Usually the sort of game he controls and makes things happen. Can see Gerrard being important in this one.

Cissokho - Didn't have the easiest start to his LFC career getting injured in his first start, and I think he's paid for that. I'd start him and try to get him some confidence for the long run. Flanagan has done well and I'd be happy to see him start at Right wing back and Johnson to come in on the left but I would like to see Cissokho start this one.

Coutinho - Doesn't look 100% fit at the moment but this is the sort of game he can cause havoc. Play him in the hole and give him the full 90 mins.

Suarez - An obvious starter, always gives everything and enjoys playing against Norwich.

Aspas - Needs some time to show what he can do and this is the sort of game he could grab a goal and some confidence. I'd definitely start him.

Subs: Jones; Flanagan, Ilori; Allen, Lucas; Moses, Alberto.

I would like to see both Allen and Alberto come on around the 60 minute mark, for Gerrard and Aspas. And possibly Ilori for Skrtel, just to see what he can do.

I think that side would work well and I'm confident we will win comfortably and it will be good to give a few of our fringe players some minutes.

My prediction: I can see us winning this comfortably, I'm going for 4-0. 

Which side do you think we will pick and do you think we will win? Which formation do would you go with?

:kop5cf8koxp6:

*Admin could you add in a picture please I have forgotten how to do it.
      « Last Edit: Dec 02, 2013 04:34:53 pm by JD, Reason: Title »
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Liverpool v Norwich - Wednesday 4th December - 7:45 Kick off
      Reply #1: Dec 02, 2013 02:56:34 pm
      All I am going to say about this game for now is I am expecting a massive response.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2: Dec 02, 2013 02:56:38 pm
      Suarez seems to love to score against Norwich. I'm hoping for another hat-trick and hopefully a quick way to forget the awful performance at the weekend.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #3: Dec 02, 2013 03:03:04 pm
      This is my first post for a while so It will be a bit of a mixture of the pre match talk and some things that need discussing :)

Firstly - We host Norwich on Wednesday looking for 3 points to put the disappointment of the defeat by Hull behind us. Norwich will be looking to build on their 1-0 win over Crystal Palace on Saturday.

Norwich are an organised side but seem to struggle away from home and are likely to line up with a 4-5-1 formation. They currently sit 14th in the table.

After the performance at Hull, I'm sure there were many of us wondering who will play in the next game, mainly in defence. So I'd like to go into some depth with some players in the current squad and see which system suits our side best.

Rodgers has said he wants to play a balanced 3-5-2 formation, so I'm guessing once Enrique or Cissokho come back into the side we will see this again.

This is the team I'd play against Norwich, using a 3-4-1-2 formation.

Mignolet - Probably our best player so far this season, a great shot stopper and improving all the time.

Skrtel - I feel a bit sorry for him to be honest, he's been our most consistent defender this season and was so unlucky with 2 of the goals against Hull on Sunday. He's strong and throws himself in front of everything and in my view should start every game until someone proves to be a better option.

Agger - Our vice captain and in my view of best defender. We miss his leadership when he's not on the pitch and I feel he has to come back in if we are to sort our defensive issues out.

Sakho - Another player who shouldn't be sitting on the bench. Stick him in there with Skrtel and Agger and I can't see Norwich's strikers getting to much joy.

Johnson - Had a poor game on Sunday, we know he can do much better and playing him at Right wing back with Skrtel covering him should give him the confidence to push forward.

Henderson - I'd like to see him in the middle with Gerrard and to play the box to box role on Wednesday.

Gerrard - Usually the sort of game he controls and makes things happen. Can see Gerrard being important in this one.

Cissokho - Didn't have the easiest start to his LFC career getting injured in his first start, and I think he's paid for that. I'd start him and try to get him some confidence for the long run. Flanagan has done well and I'd be happy to see him start at Right wing back and Johnson to come in on the left but I would like to see Cissokho start this one.

Coutinho - Doesn't look 100% fit at the moment but this is the sort of game he can cause havoc. Play him in the hole and give him the full 90 mins.

Suarez - An obvious starter, always gives everything and enjoys playing against Norwich.

Aspas - Needs some time to show what he can do and this is the sort of game he could grab a goal and some confidence. I'd definitely start him.

Subs: Jones; Flanagan, Ilori; Allen, Lucas; Moses, Alberto.

I would like to see both Allen and Alberto come on around the 60 minute mark, for Gerrard and Aspas. And possibly Ilori for Skrtel, just to see what he can do.

I think that side would work well and I'm confident we will win comfortably and it will be good to give a few of our fringe players some minutes.

My prediction: I can see us winning this comfortably, I'm going for 4-0. 

Which side do you think we will pick and do you think we will win? Which formation do would you go with?

:kop5cf8koxp6:

*Admin could you add in a picture please I have forgotten how to do it.

Thanks for beating me to it!
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #4: Dec 02, 2013 03:04:36 pm
      Time for the lads to show what they can do...

We need to bounce back, or we could lose a lot of ground on top 4 very quickly..! I hope for a strong performance here, but will not give a prediction.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #5: Dec 02, 2013 03:08:02 pm
      We have to show a big response.

------------------------------------Mignolet-----------------------

Johnson---------------Agger----------------------Skrtel------------Sakho

----------------------Allen-----------------------Gerrard--------------

Henderson------------------------Alberto--------------Coutinho                                                                                   

----------------------------------Suarez-----------------------------

Henderson and Allen don't deserve to start, but we have no choice.

Lucas needs binning off. Agger back, as he's our best defender.
      Stewie89
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #6: Dec 02, 2013 03:08:27 pm
      I'm more than expecting a backlash and a statement of intent. My only concern is the left back role and if GJ is moved there. I also wouldnt mind going to three at the back or perhaps even add some steal to the CM by playing Toure there meaning Gerrard can be used as a luxury player.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #7: Dec 02, 2013 03:24:45 pm
      As I've said in the other match thread

I think we will beat Norwich, well we will aren't we? we are not that bad!

I would like to see Allen given a game, rest Lucas and play Gerrard with Allen (at least Allen offers something while on the ball). I would also give Aspas another try with Coutinho, Suarez needs to play with players he is confident with, not Moses or Sterling
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #8: Dec 02, 2013 03:37:20 pm
      I would personally ditch henderson dont need his pressing (what ever that is!) against Norwich and bring in Alberto. Allen instead of Lucas and give Aspas a run of games to prove himself or get rid at the end of the season.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #9: Dec 02, 2013 03:38:20 pm
      So lets forget the unforgeable Sunday our lads had at the KC stadium.. the awful performance which was followed by an awful result. As Brendan may be saying, it's important to be resilient and show we can bounce back from this terrible defeat.

Am expecting little Phillipe back in the starting XI just where he belongs. It's difficult to pinpoint who were the under performers last week - they all were. However, with Sturridge out I'm expecting us to remain with a 4231 formation. Would like to see Joe Allen regain some confidence as our central midfield is at present a cause for concern. Lack of pace and mobility in midfield is leaving us exposed at the back, and the opposition are capitalising on this with little effort.

My team: Mignolet, Flanagan, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson, Lucas, Gerrard, Allen, Moses, Coutinho, Suarez.

We are 10 points clear of Norwich City. A high scoring win would ensure that we remain fourth, although the likelihood of Everton thrashing United at the toilet is slim. Newcastle are a point behind us and are set to travel to Swansea. By no means an easy game. I remain confident that by Saturday we will still be fourth, and with a little luck maybe even 3rd hoping City (on 25pts) will drop points at the Hawthorns.

We can't afford to drop any points. If we're going to get Champions League football, everyone in the team needs their fair share of playing time. If not, then when someone gets injured, you'll see a rusty player or two who seemingly just can't play football. They need to keep fit as well as fresh.

Previous encounters against Norwich have seen Luis Suarez bagging a hatrick and the scoreline ending five something. Let's hope for the same.

Predicted outcome: Win 3-1
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #10: Dec 02, 2013 03:41:27 pm
      So lets forget the unforgeable Sunday our lads had at the KC stadium.. the awful performance which was followed by an awful result. As Brendan may be saying, it's important to be resilient and show we can bounce back from this terrible defeat.

Am expecting little Phillipe back in the starting XI just where he belongs. It's difficult to pinpoint who were the under performers last week - they all were. However, with Sturridge out I'm expecting us to remain with a 4231 formation. Would like to see Joe Allen regain some confidence as our central midfield is at present a cause for concern. Lack of pace and mobility in midfield is leaving us exposed at the back, and the opposition are capitalising on this with little effort.

My team: Mignolet, Flanagan, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson, Lucas, Gerrard, Allen, Moses, Coutinho, Suarez.

We are 10 points clear of Norwich City. A high scoring win would ensure that we remain fourth, although the likelihood of Everton thrashing United at the toilet is slim. Newcastle are a point behind us and are set to travel to Swansea. By no means an easy game. I remain confident that by Saturday we will still be fourth, and with a little luck maybe even 3rd hoping City (on 25pts) will drop points at the Hawthorns.

We can't afford to drop any points. If we're going to get Champions League football, everyone in the team needs their fair share of playing time. If not, then when someone gets injured, you'll see a rusty player or two who seemingly just can't play football. They need to keep fit as well as fresh.

Previous encounters against Norwich have seen Luis Suarez bagging a hatrick and the scoreline ending five something. Let's hope for the same.

Predicted outcome: Win 3-1

Moses are you serious?

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #11: Dec 02, 2013 03:45:56 pm

Yes!

He was god damn awful on Sunday, would you agree?

In a normal world you'd say "young man, you disgraced yourself out there. You ain't playing again."

But not in my world..
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #12: Dec 02, 2013 03:51:37 pm
      Glad I dont live in your world Countinho. :)

With Moses attitude to the game yesterday I would send him straight back to the Chavs and give someone who give a F**k a chance.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #13: Dec 02, 2013 03:52:18 pm
      If BR drops everyone who has a stinker for the next match we will be sending out 3 players Wednesday, surely he has to give some of these over paid useless clowns another chance at the expense of our evenings entertainment.
      I expect Joe Allen to start and pass the ball sideways for 90 minutes, which is F***ing ironic because if he did that the other week he would have been automatic first choice for Hull....
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #14: Dec 02, 2013 03:58:47 pm
      No way in hell Stevie should start.  Rodgers needs to F***ing grow a pair and bench him.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #15: Dec 02, 2013 04:08:58 pm

I agree with this, primarily because I think Suarez needs a partner who will make direct runs and take up dangerous positions in the box, which will in turn create space for Luis to operate in. 

Moses is such a frustrating player to watch!!  He has incredible talent/ability, but he just never seems to capitalize on it.  He reminds me of Assaidi to an extent - he always seems to be on the verge of doing something incredible, but never does anything in the end....
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #16: Dec 02, 2013 04:20:42 pm
      I'd be tempted to change it up a bit and bring Agger back in but more as a sweeper/DM and get Suarez a partner up front.

Mignolet

Skrtel      Sakho

Henderson        Agger        Johnson

Gerrard      Alberto

Coutinho

Suarez  Aspas
      « Last Edit: Dec 02, 2013 04:42:38 pm by srslfc »
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #17: Dec 02, 2013 04:29:39 pm
      I agree with others. I'd like to see Alberto get some game time, see what the lad can do. We just haven't seen enough of him yet to make a judgement on that signing.

No way in hell Stevie should start.  Rodgers needs to f**king grow a pair and bench him.

I understand where you're coming from with this but you have to consider that the alternatives are far, far worse. We simply do not have a credible alternative to Gerrard in the squad right now.

Moses is such a frustrating player to watch!!  He has incredible talent/ability, but he just never seems to capitalize on it.  He reminds me of Assaidi to an extent - he always seems to be on the verge of doing something incredible, but never does anything in the end....

Moses was a big fish in a small pond and has done nothing to justify an extended run in the side.

Mignolet

Johnson
      Agger
      Skrtel
      Sakho

Lucas
      Alberto
      Gerrard
      Coutinho     

Aspas
      Suarez

It's Norwich, it's at home and it's on the back of the worst performance this season and a humiliating loss. I'd make this Aspas' last chance to shine in a Liverpool shirt. If he fluffs it, we move him on in the Summer.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #18: Dec 02, 2013 04:32:05 pm
                                       Suarez

Coutinho    Alberto

Gerrard     Lucas   Henderson

Sakho       Agger        Skrtel      Johnson

Mignolet

Tis the season to win home games.
      « Last Edit: Dec 02, 2013 04:45:43 pm by racerx34 »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #19: Dec 02, 2013 04:33:17 pm
                                       Suarez

Coutinho    Alberto

Gerrard     Lucas   Henderson

Sakho       Agger        Skrtel      Johnson

Mignolet

This the season to win home games.

The good old Christmas tree formation.

Nice.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,330 posts | 774 
      Reply #20: Dec 02, 2013 04:38:41 pm
      Massive game ahead on Wednesday, even though the opposition is Norwich another mediocre side, although seemingly capable of providing another upset after such a poor performance against Hull. Those selected for the game really need to stand up and be counted if another potential banana skin is to be avoided.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,511 posts | 2871 
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v Norwich - Wed 4th Dec at 7:45
      Reply #21: Dec 02, 2013 05:07:30 pm
      Mignolet; Kelly, Skrtel, Sakho, Flanagan; Allen, Gerrard; Coutinho, Ibe; Aspas, Suarez.

Hope we actually drop our sh*te players for a change. With Sturridge out, we need to see what Aspas can actually offer (and if we need a striker in January) and the next two games give us that chance.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #22: Dec 02, 2013 05:30:50 pm
      am I missing something?  why are so many people suggesting alberto gets to be a starting XI?  He hasnt played much this year I agree but the times he has, he has been super lacklustre at best...  His work ethic and off the ball movement is horrid.... also he is really weak on the ball and gets bossed easily.  Aspas on the other hand, while he struggled to put the ball into the back of the net, he is a little work horse and has shown his desire to succeed. IF he is healthy, I would put Aspas in to play with Suarez and hopefully begin an AaS strike force  ???

my starting XI would be

Mig, Skrtel, sakho, Agger, Flanagan, Gerrard, Henderson, Lucas, Coutinho, Aspas, Suarez

and yes, I also think our midfields need an overhaul but as sad as reality is.... Gerrard, henderson and lucas imo are still the best we have.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #23: Dec 02, 2013 05:44:19 pm
      am I missing something?  why are so many people suggesting alberto gets to be a starting XI?  He hasnt played much this year I agree but the times he has, he has been super lacklustre at best...  His work ethic and off the ball movement is horrid.... also he is really weak on the ball and gets bossed easily.  Aspas on the other hand, while he struggled to put the ball into the back of the net, he is a little work horse and has shown his desire to succeed. IF he is healthy, I would put Aspas in to play with Suarez and hopefully begin an AaS strike force  ???

my starting XI would be

Mig, Skrtel, sakho, Agger, Flanagan, Gerrard, Henderson, Lucas, Coutinho, Aspas, Suarez

and yes, I also think our midfields need an overhaul but as sad as reality is.... Gerrard, henderson and lucas imo are still the best we have.

Great idea stick with the same insipid midfield which has been outplayed and over run all season that makes perfect sense.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #24: Dec 02, 2013 05:47:33 pm
      am I missing something?  why are so many people suggesting alberto gets to be a starting XI?  He hasnt played much this year I agree but the times he has, he has been super lacklustre at best...  His work ethic and off the ball movement is horrid....

Couldn't disagree more.

Alberto's off the ball movement is better than many of the players who get into the side ahead of him.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #25: Dec 02, 2013 06:09:55 pm
      Great idea stick with the same insipid midfield which has been outplayed and over run all season that makes perfect sense.

you must be a bit daft.... I already said how bad our midfield is... so who do we put in?  Allen in this current setup is a step down from these three... at least these three has a chance to do something right.  why do you think BR has consistently played henderson... even a super fan of his can tell you that he might not be the most gifted player in our squad.  but why does he play ahead of allen?  very simple... his work rate is there to help compensate for Gerrard and Lucas' lack of speed up/down the field.  To make allen work, we need a full overhaul of the midfield... we need a much more fluid midfield (like arsenal)... and then we will get the best of allen

DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #26: Dec 02, 2013 06:12:27 pm
      Couldn't disagree more.

Alberto's off the ball movement is better than many of the players who get into the side ahead of him.

Watching yesterdays game, there were so many instances where he was late to a ball, or didnt get into an open position... or playing the simple easy easy passes.... i think he is a good player but currently as is, he needs to up his on field intelligence to assist his teammates more.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #27: Dec 02, 2013 06:16:46 pm
      We need to get back to winning ways and who better than Norwich for Suarez to take out his frustration on.

Mignolet

Johnson           Toure           Sakho          Flanagan

Gerrard        Lucas     Allen

Henderson                                  Coutinho

Suarez

Keeping faith with a few players (others there are really no alternatives for) and hoping for a good response.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #28: Dec 02, 2013 06:17:34 pm
      Thank God Coutinho's fit!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #29: Dec 02, 2013 06:45:26 pm
      you must be a bit daft.... I already said how bad our midfield is... so who do we put in?  Allen in this current setup is a step down from these three... at least these three has a chance to do something right.  why do you think BR has consistently played henderson... even a super fan of his can tell you that he might not be the most gifted player in our squad.  but why does he play ahead of allen?  very simple... his work rate is there to help compensate for Gerrard and Lucas' lack of speed up/down the field.  To make allen work, we need a full overhaul of the midfield... we need a much more fluid midfield (like arsenal)... and then we will get the best of allen

Yup I must be daft for questioning you on why pick the same team who got embarrassed by Hull.
      There is a lot of questions I would like to ask Brendan but unlikely to get a chance, but mate henderson is a mystery a bit like Brendan's tactics and team selections at times.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,064 posts | 547 
      Reply #30: Dec 02, 2013 07:08:49 pm
                                       Suarez

Coutinho                   Alberto

Allen     Lucas      Gerrard

Agger       Sakho       Skrtel      Johnson

Mignolet

Hendo was totally anonymous against Hull, and is the one who should be dropped for Allen to come in.
      (Lucas actually played ok - see the official site's opta chalkboard for the massive difference in the 2's contribution for example.)

I though Sakho n Skrtel looked a decent combo and don't know why Brendan changed that, so they would be re-united. Agger has been poor this season, but we could do with a left footer at left back and it would give him a bit more freedom to play himself back into form.
      Don't know about Alberto, but our other options for that position are all struggling, so lets give him a chance.

Key messages would be: fullbacks push up, everybody get some fire in your bellies, close them down in their own half - oh, and actually f***in MOVE for each other!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #31: Dec 02, 2013 11:09:22 pm
      How I would see the formation I posted earlier would look if we played it midweek

windows 7 screenshot
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #32: Dec 02, 2013 11:36:21 pm
      Mignolet; Kelly, Skrtel, Sakho, Flanagan; Allen, Gerrard; Coutinho, Ibe; Aspas, Suarez.

Hope we actually drop our sh*te players for a change. With Sturridge out, we need to see what Aspas can actually offer (and if we need a striker in January) and the next two games give us that chance.

I'm not sure I'd want to risk another three points by moving Gerrard or Allen to a holding midfield role but I'd definately like to see Ibe on the bench and getting some more game time. He looks to be everything Sterling is not.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #33: Dec 03, 2013 12:01:39 am
      We need to win this game or we'll probably go into freefall.

Just get the win and three more points to keep us 4th at least.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #34: Dec 03, 2013 12:14:46 am
      Lets move on and get this game underway asap.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #35: Dec 03, 2013 12:18:23 am
      Sakho     Agger     Skrtel   

Looks good.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #36: Dec 03, 2013 01:19:24 am
      I'd switch to three at the back for this.

http://bit.ly/1g0Rz1a
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #37: Dec 03, 2013 02:45:22 am
      Yup I must be daft for questioning you on why pick the same team who got embarrassed by Hull.
      There is a lot of questions I would like to ask Brendan but unlikely to get a chance, but mate henderson is a mystery a bit like Brendan's tactics and team selections at times.

heh.. cant argue with you there regarding henderson.  i really want to like the kid, i think he has a good head on his shoulders but a true soccer talent he is not.  however i still think we dont have an upgrade on him with our current roster.  Allen cannot play what BR needs henderson for so imo that's why Allen sits. 

problem imo with our midfield is that they can get super embarrassed by a team like hull but at the same time can somehow gel together and play well in other games.  I would hate it as a manager as you never know which line shows up.   If we had only landed one of our true midfield targets this past summer i think we would be in a whole different mindset.

Also, as food for thought, yes our defense could play a bit better but imo, they are actually decently solid.  when you dont have your midfield support and suddenly you are defending against both opposition fwds and midfields at the same time, you end up with those quality quality chances against us.  think how many highlight saves mig had to do in the past few games.  that said.. johnson still needs to up his defensive game
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #38: Dec 03, 2013 06:31:49 am
      Whatever the team, never put Hendo in no.10 role then I will agree.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #39: Dec 03, 2013 04:27:17 pm
      The fail reporting a ''heated exchange of words'' between Toure and Sakho on training at Melwood today.

Anybody know anything or is this the usual sh*t?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #40: Dec 03, 2013 04:33:33 pm
      Does not look heated to me so probably just bull. Typical from that trashy paper.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #41: Dec 03, 2013 04:39:05 pm
      Mignolet; Touré, Skrtel, Sakho; Henderson, Allen, Gerrard, Alberto, Johnson; Coutinho; Suarez

I don't think Lucas has been that bad but it would be nice to see something a bit different... I'm dying to see more of Alberto and Allen needs games. If it's too much of a change though, then keep Alberto for the 2nd half, start with Lucas and Allen in the middle with Gerrard closer to the attack.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #42: Dec 03, 2013 04:45:01 pm
      Mig, Flan, Sakho, Agger, Johnson, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Coutinho, Aspas, Suarez.
      Alberto to come on around 50-60 mins for Stevie.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #43: Dec 03, 2013 04:51:02 pm
      Mig, Flan, Sakho, Agger, Johnson, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Coutinho, Aspas, Suarez.
      Alberto to come on around 50-60 mins for Stevie.

Seeing as though it's Norwich drop Lucas and why not start with Alberto.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,942 posts | 286 
      Reply #44: Dec 03, 2013 07:19:44 pm
                               Mig
      Johnson   Skrtel    Sakho     Flannagan

Lucas
             Gerrard    Alberto   Coutinho

Aspas       Suarez

We cant defend set pieces, we will concede. We should just go for it and try to score as many as possible. Gerrard/Alberto/Coutinho should be able to pick a pass through the bus between them.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #45: Dec 03, 2013 07:33:01 pm
                Mignolet
      Jonno  Skyrtel Agger Flanno
                SG Allen
      Moses Hendo Coutinho
                 Suarez

BR needs to buy an 11-pack of rockets and a box of matches ... cause we really could do with a) a performance and b) a win.

Sick that I won't be able to watch the game, hoping for everyone's sakes we get the 3 points.............
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 291 posts | 29 
      Reply #46: Dec 03, 2013 08:07:29 pm
      Only one clean sheet (Fulham) in our last 11 matches is the stat that worries me most.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #47: Dec 03, 2013 08:11:00 pm
      Just F***ing win.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #48: Dec 03, 2013 08:12:52 pm
      Wouldn't surprise me if they park their Big Yellow Taxi tomorrow night and try n screw us for a point..
      We need to shoot on goal more and stop relying on our free kick experts to hit them from distance..
      The amount of times Johnson cuts in from the right and runs across the edge of the 18yd line then either loses it or squares it does my head in..He scored a beauty last season at West Ham when he just looked up and hit it..Bang! top corner !
      Coutinho seems to be the only one along with Suarez who tries to get themselves into a shooting position when they're attacking..
      we seem to have this ping pong passing attitude on the edge of the D looking to walk the ball into the net..and if that Yellow Taxi is in the way it could be a head wrecker of a game..
      Early couple of goals please, then smash the Hull game out of our minds..
      Time to start Alberto alongside Coutinho with Suarez up top..not arse'd who's in defence cos its should be all out
      ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK !!....DON'T F**K THIS ONE UP BOYS !!!
       :scarf:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,330 posts | 774 
      Reply #49: Dec 03, 2013 09:08:01 pm
      Must put the last game behind us now, and take the game against Norwich by the scruff of the neck, no messing about, by passing backwards and sideways, attack the Canaries from start to finish ending up with morale boosting win.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #50: Dec 03, 2013 09:59:01 pm
      We need to get back to winning ways and who better than Norwich for Suarez to take out his frustration on.

Mignolet

Johnson           Toure           Sakho          Flanagan

Gerrard        Lucas     Allen

Henderson                                  Coutinho

Suarez

Keeping faith with a few players (others there are really no alternatives for) and hoping for a good response.

That would be my team as well mate although I would be just as happy with Skrtel keeping his place because despite the two deflections which were unlucky I thought he had a good game and he hash reformed consistently since he came back into the side. Makes sense to bring Allen back in the side and Coutinho has to start this one. We were poor on Sunday but that's football sometimes and a comfortable win at Anfield will lift the gloom plus it's great that this one comes right n the back of the defeat.

I'm going for a 3-1 win with goals for Suarez 2 and Gerrard
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #51: Dec 03, 2013 10:15:37 pm
      That would be my team as well mate although I would be just as happy with Skrtel keeping his place because despite the two deflections which were unlucky I thought he had a good game and he hash reformed consistently since he came back into the side. Makes sense to bring Allen back in the side and Coutinho has to start this one. We were poor on Sunday but that's football sometimes and a comfortable win at Anfield will lift the gloom plus it's great that this one comes right n the back of the defeat.

I'm going for a 3-1 win with goals for Suarez 2 and Gerrard

I agree it's harsh on Skrtel, but I think there might be better communication between Toure and Sakho.... bit too much communication if you believe the papers :) Would be an interesting contest though and no mistake... think I would go for the youth and strength of Sakho if it came down to it.

MsGerrard
      Reply #52: Dec 03, 2013 10:32:11 pm
      Going to the match tomorrow, obviously I hope we batter them, but tbh I just want to see some proper commitment and those players who wear the red shirt tomorrow do so with some passion and will to win, not pussy footing about the pitch, not to much to ask is it surely??

It's all about the midfield for me, if we dont get control of it, we dont win, they are the link from defence to attack, some players, and I'm sure you dont need me to tell you who, really need to step up to the challenge, Suarez NEEDS support, the lad can't do it on his own

My only hope is he LOVES scoring goals against the Canaries, I'm going for a 2-0 win, but after the fiasco at Hull at the weekend, I'll take a last minute 1-0 all day long.

Come on Redmen, this game tomorrow and against the Hammers on Saturday where we should get 6 points will put us smack bang in the mix again.....keep the faith boys.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #53: Dec 03, 2013 10:34:31 pm
      No way Toure should be playing he is if anything worse than Skrtel in the calamity stakes, if we are looking at calm intelligent play from the back then it has to be Agger with Sakho.
      Will probably be completely opposite with Brendan  :'(

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #54: Dec 03, 2013 10:35:22 pm
      No way Toure should be playing he is if anything worse than Skrtel in the calamity stakes, if we are looking at calm intelligent play from the back then it has to be Agger with Sakho.
      Will probably be completely opposite with Brendan  :'(

If you believe in the bib theory it will be Agger and Skrtel
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #55: Dec 03, 2013 10:37:50 pm
      Nope don't believe it but at least would be good to have Agger back. Has Sakho shagged Brendan's mrs or something?
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #56: Dec 03, 2013 10:46:39 pm
      i hope its not agger and skrtel.  good players but for some reason, when they play together and against a strong forward, they always lose.  i think BR should give sakho a run.  i have been impressed with the lad when he makes it on the field
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,892 posts | 6822 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #57: Dec 03, 2013 10:47:15 pm
      3 points is all I want.

Ok not really, I want a dominant display to make up for that sh*t that we had to endure last week.

I want us to win 7 F***ing nil and I want us to score inside the first F***ing 12 seconds.

Now go out there and do that lads. We should be smashing this lot, no F***ing excuses!!!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #58: Dec 03, 2013 10:53:12 pm

Bib theory.... Stirling, Agger and Skrtel to start?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,892 posts | 6822 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #59: Dec 03, 2013 10:55:23 pm
      All season we have been seeing photos of our lads smiling in training, the lads look pretty serious in this one.  :roll:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #60: Dec 03, 2013 11:00:12 pm

Sakho is asking Toure does he think he is being left out because he shagged Brendan's Mrs.

Toure is saying I did too, but I still get picked.... I just think it's 'cos your crap.

PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #61: Dec 03, 2013 11:48:47 pm
      BR has said Aspas wont take any part due to only just coming back from injury, strange why he put him on the bench on sunday then?

Would like to see Alberto starting actually, has showed some small glimpses of great vision/creativity, might get a better look at that with him starting.

Mignolet
              Johnson   Skrtel    Agger   Flanagan
                                Lucas
                        Henderson   Gerrard
                    Alberto              Coutinho
                              Suarez

Jones; Sakho, Toure; Allen; Sterling, Moses

Thats 6 subs, would like to see him bring in one of the young lads in on the bench, maybe Rossiter, Teixeira, Sinclair, Wilson?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #62: Dec 04, 2013 12:39:04 am
      3 points in the bag for this one, can't see a repeat of Hull taking place.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #63: Dec 04, 2013 01:52:48 am
      BR has said Aspas wont take any part due to only just coming back from injury, strange why he put him on the bench on sunday then?

Would like to see Alberto starting actually, has showed some small glimpses of great vision/creativity, might get a better look at that with him starting.

Mignolet
              Johnson   Skrtel    Agger   Flanagan
                                Lucas
                        Henderson   Gerrard
                    Alberto              Coutinho
                              Suarez

Jones; Sakho, Toure; Allen; Sterling, Moses

Thats 6 subs, would like to see him bring in one of the young lads in on the bench, maybe Rossiter, Teixeira, Sinclair, Wilson?

The best choice would be Teixeira, Wilson really isn't ready yet for first team football.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #64: Dec 04, 2013 02:34:11 am
      IMO, if play Coutinho, put him central with SG and Allen who I expect he to get a chance (start him please BR) next to him that's to get most effective from the lad. Alberto as I heard hes very familiar playing on the left so I hope to see him start this game there.

Mignolet

Flanno     Skrtel         Sakho     Johnson

Gerrard     Allen

Henderson   Coutinho   Alberto

Suarez

Subs :  Jones, Agger, Toure, Lucas, Sterling, Aspas, Teixeira

And, anyone know what happen to Martin Kelly ? 

Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #65: Dec 04, 2013 02:47:08 am
      If you believe in the bib theory it will be Agger and Skrtel

Sure as hell hope the bib theory a crock. If I'm gonna see those two again pairing at CB I'm gonna have a heart attack.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #66: Dec 04, 2013 06:20:25 am
      I know he's not the type but I'd have properly roasted those from Sunday,
      Rather than the hair dryer mine would be a f***in blow torch
      Now, since we have a threadbare squad with limited quality against a Norwich side at home I'd try out a different approach,

Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtle, Sakho,Flanaghan, back 4,

Gerrard , Lucas, Allen, mid 3,

Suarez, Coutinho, Alberto, top 3,

With a severe bollocking still ringing their ears Sundays outcasts need to step up , the others must use this opportunity to really show why LFC. Spent millions on them, and in front of those who help pay their inflated wages,
      Nothing short of a commanding up and at them attitude, we simply have to put Norwich thru the f***in ringer and batter them senseless,

We must win our next two games, and hopefully take points from the next 3, especially from Yids,

we SHOULD batter the webbed footers tonight , 3-0 would suffice,
      C'MON  REDMEN !!

YNWA

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #67: Dec 04, 2013 07:50:35 am
      3 points in the bag for this one, can't see a repeat of Hull taking place.
      If we don't take 3 points from Norwich we will be in the sh*t,and I do not think a Hull repeat will be acceptable to anyone.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #68: Dec 04, 2013 08:20:43 am
      Everyone that played in the last game should give themselve a big tight slap except a few for such a poor and embarassing performance, no heart, no urgency, clueless and got bullied all over the pitch.

Not sure whether BR tactics is working so far, we seems to be playing too many safe passes whether we're ahead or behind and this is torturing to watch. I don't buy the excuse Sturridge out and we suffer, the rest should stand up and be counted to score, no they continue to rely on Suarez to do so and we're fast becoming a 2 man scoring team, that is Suarez and Sturridge and I'm still waiting for Henderson, Lucas and Moses to score a goal, if they have not already. With the quality of shooting seen on them so far looks like we're gonna have to continue to wait.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #69: Dec 04, 2013 09:17:06 am
      Sakho is certainly going to start. Moses out, Cioutinho back. All obvious.

But I wonder if there will be many other changes?

Will he FINALLY have the bottle to drop the hapless Lucas? Will we see Alberto? Or even Ibe?

Interesting.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,368 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #70: Dec 04, 2013 01:07:54 pm
      Should be Brendan Rodgers easiest 90 minutes as Liverpool manager. He shouldnt have to open is mouth after the drivel handed up Sunday if anyman in that squad hasnt the stomach to go out there tonight and give the game of there lives they should never again be handed a Liverpool shirt. They owe every supporter, every team mate and themselves a huge performance tonight as an apology for the crap handed up at Hull, HULL!

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #71: Dec 04, 2013 02:13:01 pm
      I'd go with this, but I know Rodgers won't;

Mignolet
      Johnson             Srtkel                     Sahko                Cissohko
                                            Lucas
                              Gerrard                  Henderson
      Sterling                            Suarez                              Coutinho

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #72: Dec 04, 2013 02:23:43 pm
      I'd go with this, but I know Rodgers won't;

Mignolet
      Johnson             Srtkel                     Sahko                Cissohko
                                            Lucas
                              Gerrard                  Henderson
      Sterling                            Suarez                              Coutinho

I quite like your lineup, but Sakho and Cissoko together on the left? What has Sakho done to deserve that :)
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #73: Dec 04, 2013 02:39:54 pm
      I would definitely like to see Ibe given some game time tonight, he's exactly the sort of player we need to giving game tie to. he's quick can beat a man, has skill on the ball... a proper attacking threat

while sturridge is out i think he'd be perfect out wide with Suarez in the middle

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #74: Dec 04, 2013 02:44:51 pm
      What has Sakho done to deserve that

Delayed punishment for breaking the weight machine when he first joined! :D
      Redone
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #75: Dec 04, 2013 02:55:28 pm
      my prediction: suarez headtrick. Yeah baby!    :D
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #76: Dec 04, 2013 03:11:02 pm
      I'd tell every player that they are playing for their place. Brendan needs to apply pressure to the team. We've all seen how good we can play so any lazy performances will be punished.

We also need to simplify our tactics for this.
      I'd play 4-2-2-2

-----------------Mignolet-------------------
      Johnson ----- Toure ------ Sakho - Flanagan
      ------------- Gerrard ----- Lucas-----------
      ------------- Ibe --------- Countinho-------
      ------------- Yesil -------- Suarez ---------

I put Ibe in place of Henderson or Allen as neither have performed in an attacking role.
      Necessity dictates playing Yesil but give the lad a chance.
      Any slow starters should be subbed before half time as one or two seem to drag the entire performance down.

Brendan has to have a ruthless streak against teams like this.

With the right mentality we will steamroll these.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #77: Dec 04, 2013 03:27:02 pm
      Talking of being ruthless, BR must start to be ruthless with the players, whoever under performed will be dropped or sold. Good managers are never kind managers, they have that champion's mentality and ruthlessness in them. Does BR has that, I don't know but I do know that the great managers that we had in all those conquering years do.

Right now I'd throw in any player including Ibe, suggested by some as he can't be poorer than Henderson and Lucas. Saw Ibe ran at the opposition defence very often which is what we have been missing so far while we over indulge in those side and backpasses.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #78: Dec 04, 2013 03:37:18 pm
      Team doing the rounds at the minute:

Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Flanno, Gerrard, Allen, Coutinho, Sterling, Henderson, Suarez
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #79: Dec 04, 2013 03:42:22 pm
      Team doing the rounds at the minute:

Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Flanno, Gerrard, Allen, Coutinho, Sterling, Henderson, Suarez

Lucas out, Henderson and Stevie still in.  Well, 1/3 ain't bad.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #80: Dec 04, 2013 03:56:39 pm
      You Flanno will give it all.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 234 
      Reply #81: Dec 04, 2013 05:24:44 pm
      I would like to see Agger and Sakho personally, thought its hard to drop Skrtel after recent form.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #82: Dec 04, 2013 06:16:48 pm
      If that is the team (and I hope it isn't, I'd like to see Sakho in) I hope Glen plays left back and Flanno right. Two reasons, one Flanno is better there. Two, Glen has been awful last couple of games and a wee change of scenery as well as the option to cut in and have a crack with his right peg might just get his juices flowing. 
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #83: Dec 04, 2013 06:26:41 pm
      Is the match clock wrong it's saying 17 minutes to KO !
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #84: Dec 04, 2013 06:30:29 pm
      That would be the time on your computer being wrong by my guessing sir
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #85: Dec 04, 2013 06:30:47 pm
      Match is 7.45. Clock may still be set to BST.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #86: Dec 04, 2013 06:32:55 pm
      I'm in Luxembourg and it is 7-45 here in 10mins it'sreally confusing !
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,942 posts | 286 
      Reply #87: Dec 04, 2013 06:37:07 pm
      Really hope Alberto starts. He can pick a pass, and Norwich will park the bus.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #88: Dec 04, 2013 06:39:35 pm
      I've gone 3-0 to the Red Men so step up Luis, hat trick time once more !
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #89: Dec 04, 2013 06:41:47 pm
      Is the match clock wrong it's saying 17 minutes to KO !

The match clock isn't wrong.

It's either your timezone in profile settings or the time on your computer.

Anyway....

1 HOUR TO GO!
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #90: Dec 04, 2013 06:44:03 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #91: Dec 04, 2013 06:44:31 pm

Quick Reply