Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Best game you have ever been to and why?

Read 7863 times
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Re: Best game you have ever been to and why?
      Reply #69: Dec 13, 2013 03:07:34 pm
      Three games come to my head, No particular order but i can't decide between these three.

Liverpool v Oxford United in 1986- my first ever game and i can still remember how exited i was, 6 years old and i still have the same scarf my dad bought me outside the ground. Won 6 -0

Liverpool v United 1994- the 3-3 draw, was in the Anfield road end and we just got there as the kop where singing you'll never Walk alone, My first night match.

Liverpool v chelsea 2005 semi final, the best atmosphere I've ever heard, the colour,noise and adrenaline will ever be bettered.

All of the above should have been eclipsed by 2007 final in Athens but wasn't meant to be!
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #70: Dec 13, 2013 03:14:42 pm

All of the above should have been eclipsed by 2007 final in Athens but wasn't meant to be!

They were really there for the taking. The one goal was a clear handballn as I saw it. If only we had a decent striker available, with pace. I can understand why Rafa was so hacked off at the press conference the next day. Weren't there other refereeing controversies in the match. Any game with Italians has "professional standards issues" IMO. (1984 Roma semis and 1985 Juve finals being good egs..)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #71: Dec 13, 2013 04:24:51 pm
      Got two to choose from.

Vs Melbourne Victory. A whole week of painting the city red and then what must of been at the very least 120,000 reds in and around the MCG was magical. I'll never forget the pre match singing and drinking.

Vs Palace this year at home. 3-1. Gerrard, Suarez and Sturridge. Thank you very much.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #72: Dec 13, 2013 06:46:43 pm
      I think Istanbul has to be in a league of its own.

But after that, the FA Cup Final vs W Ham stands out.
      I actually thought we'd walk it before the game. But ofcourse it wasnt that simple. To me, that was the definitive Gerrard game. The team were absolute heroes that day. The way they had cramp and just kept going. Rafa may have been a tactician, but he had a team that would run thro walls to win a match as well..
      To me, thats typical of all the great Lpool teams throughout the years.

Our (fairly recent) Champs Lge semis were very special too. Just went to show that it wasn't a "fluke". We'd got ourselves an absolute wizard of a manager.

Did you go to those games though? "best games you've been to"

Not "best games you've watched on tv"
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #73: Dec 13, 2013 07:51:56 pm
      Did you go to those games though? "best games you've been to"

Not "best games you've watched on tv"

Chances are that I've watched a hell of a lot more games than you have, "mate". Home AND away.

Now go back to your other user id eh?
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #74: Dec 13, 2013 08:06:38 pm
      Chances are that I've watched a hell of a lot more games than you have, "mate". Home AND away.

Now go back to your other user id eh?

I'm not saying you haven't, just that you were going off topic.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,963 posts | 5019 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #75: Dec 14, 2013 08:23:34 am
      Been very lucky to witness many memorable matches thru the yrs , the golden era for me was '84' to. '91' ,

never missed many at Anfield during this time, one in particular stands out 13 April  '88', when we battered Forest 5-0,
      Tom Finney said after the game ,
       'It was the finest exhibition I've seen the whole time I've played and watched the game, it could not be bettered anywhere , not even Brazil '
      If  I remember rightly we could  have scored more and Forest got let off the hook, it should have been 7 or 8,
      ironically bring a mid week game I very rarely went to but I was working in Warrington that week,
      Talk about total football, this was exceptional, even when I watch it now I get all tingly,
                Grobbelaar
      Ablett Hansen Gillespie Nicol
      Spackman mcmahon Houghton
      Beardsley Aldridge Barnes

On the Saturday before we beat them 2-1 at Hillsborough in the semi of the FA cup, and we went on to win the title just over a week later, no 17, our 9th title in 14 seasons.

How I loved those Glory days

YNWA

Quick Reply