Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

If we only bought one player in Jan, who would you REPLACE in the team?

Read 22100 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Re: If we only bought one player in Jan, who would you REPLACE in the team?
      Reply #184: Dec 13, 2013 07:44:23 pm
      You said it again just then :roll:

Its not that difficult to work out. The traditional fan base feels alienated. I know a fair few Scousers who are comfortbaly well off who are disillusioned with it. Not all Scousers are on the dole.. if thats what you are suggesting...

Now whos the one with a "twisted mind" eh "fella"?

You for assuming I meant all scousers are on the dole. So you know every scouse season ticket holder eh?
      Your probably not even a scouser!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #185: Dec 13, 2013 07:46:50 pm
      You for assuming I meant all scousers are on the dole. So you know every scouse season ticket holder eh?

It would probably be a good idea to put this fella on ignore.
      That's what I'm going to do.

He's some kind of professional spammer who goes around the different forums spouting the same sh*te.

AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #186: Dec 13, 2013 07:49:08 pm

No, you were suggesting it.

BTW You're probably a Yank. Not a real one. Just one in spirit, who goes round impersonating Elvis. Maybe a tranny Elvis.

:lmao:

AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #187: Dec 13, 2013 07:49:41 pm

He's some kind of professional spammer who goes around the different forums spouting the same sh*te.

Excellent idea. We agree on something at last. You've been stalking my posts for months, following them with tantrums, insults and the like.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #188: Dec 13, 2013 07:50:38 pm

A sad sad sad individual.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #189: Dec 13, 2013 07:50:51 pm
      No, you were suggesting it.

BTW You're probably a Yank. Not a real one. Just one in spirit, who goes round impersonating Elvis. Maybe a tranny Elvis.

As is suspected a 10 year old who only come on here when his mum is out of the room!

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #190: Dec 13, 2013 07:52:03 pm

I was thinking more of this:

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,991 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #191: Dec 13, 2013 07:57:42 pm
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Chelsey, is that you. ?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #192: Dec 13, 2013 07:58:51 pm

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #193: Dec 13, 2013 08:01:26 pm
      Fair comment mate but a manager has to have more say so in who or what is needed to strengthen his squad,
      Brendan's quote doesn't exactly tell me he is capable of flexing his muscles from time to time, in fact it more or less sends the message that FSG Can easily overrule any request they feel will mean a overspend ,
      Hardly the attitude of owners who say their ambition matches those of the manager or fans.

YNWA

I think you have a point Billy, but I also think Brendan still feels he hasn't quite got his feet under the table yet. I really don't like the way he keeps saying things like " it probably won't happen in my time here" etc etc. Makes him sound as if he either hasn't the confidence he should have .... or that he thinks we are a stepping stone.

I do believe he should stand up to FSG a bit more, make them more accountable for their actions and make THEM explain more.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #194: Dec 13, 2013 10:45:03 pm
      Brendan's quote doesn't exactly tell me he is capable of flexing his muscles from time to time, in fact it more or less sends the message that FSG Can easily overrule any request they feel will mean a overspend ,
      Hardly the attitude of owners who say their ambition matches those of the manager or fans.

YNWA
      That there Billy is something I take for granted at this stage of the game and probably there are a good many of the same opinion. The manager, whether he is under instruction or chooses to abide by financial constraint for other reasons, is aware that there are financial parameters he has to respect.
      He is also aware no doubt that FSG are economical with the truth if they claim their aspiration for the club is the same as his and the supporters.
      As stated mate I believe Brendan is doing remarkably well in spite of our owners ''backing'' of him.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,991 posts | 5048 
      Reply #195: Dec 13, 2013 11:02:29 pm
      I think you have a point Billy, but I also think Brendan still feels he hasn't quite got his feet under the table yet. I really don't like the way he keeps saying things like " it probably won't happen in my time here" etc etc. Makes him sound as if he either hasn't the confidence he should have .... or that he thinks we are a stepping stone.

I do believe he should stand up to FSG a bit more, make them more accountable for their actions and make THEM explain more.

Yes it does seem strange he says stuff like you said , if he does feel he hasn't quite got his feet under the table yet then perhaps this is not the job for him , compounded by 'it may not happen in my time' would indicate that he hasn't got the full backing from FSG as he purports to have,

At the same token he may also feel that indeed FSG are not the owners to take this club back to where it truly belongs, and therefore feels that eventually something has to give, particularly when they fail to deliver fully during transfer windows,
      I doubt however that he thinks of LFC  as a stepping stone, there are not to many bigger or at least as historically successful with the exception of RM, Barca, Ac Milan, Bayern M etc,

Maybe we are delving to deep and looking for faults that don't exist, but that does not mean there not there
      deep within, hope not last thing we need is a boardroom battle.
      I do think tho like you he should make a stand and force their hand so to speak, see what occurs ?

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,991 posts | 5048 
      Reply #196: Dec 13, 2013 11:15:04 pm
      That there Billy is something I take for granted at this stage of the game and probably there are a good many of the same opinion. The manager, whether he is under instruction or chooses to abide by financial constraint for other reasons, is aware that there are financial parameters he has to respect.
      He is also aware no doubt that FSG are economical with the truth if they claim their aspiration for the club is the same as his and the supporters.
      As stated mate I believe Brendan is doing remarkably well in spite of our owners ''backing'' of him.

Agreed mate, considering our inadequate squad he has us sat near the top of the EPL, no mean feat despite our least difficult start to the season, our most difficult period is imminent and if we were to come thru with the minimum of damage having lost  3 of our best players would prove very admirable,
      and dare I say further evidence that for FSG they should recognise that given proper backing he very well could take us back to the glory days.

YNWA
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #197: Dec 15, 2013 10:14:52 pm
      Guessing Hendo reads this forum, then.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #198: Dec 15, 2013 10:19:59 pm

Guessing Hendo reads this forum, then.

Well if he does we can take the credit for his performance well done lfcreds  :) :)
      OConnor
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #199: Dec 15, 2013 10:28:31 pm
      I would replace Joe Allen, he is good at keeping possession and pressing the opposition, that aside and he hasn't got much more in his locker. I really like the look of Dembele, he is big strong and can play box to box. Can defend and attack. Would really strengthen our midfield.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #200: Dec 15, 2013 11:28:13 pm
      On todays performance it would be Glen Johnson.

In all seriousness though I am getting a little worried about his form and apparent lack of attitude during games now. Just seems to want to coast through.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #201: Dec 15, 2013 11:44:50 pm
      Anyone but Henderson ;)
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #202: Dec 15, 2013 11:46:18 pm
      After today's glory it would have to be old Glen, and I imagine we should bring in Montoya.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #203: Dec 15, 2013 11:56:59 pm
      On todays performance it would be Glen Johnson.

In all seriousness though I am getting a little worried about his form and apparent lack of attitude during games now. Just seems to want to coast through.

On today's performance it would be Glen, you're spot on. Not going to throw negatives about after that game but let's just say he was the least good by some distance.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #204: Dec 16, 2013 01:12:55 am
      On today's performance we probably need better oppositions than a change in personel!  :lmao:
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #205: Dec 16, 2013 01:23:09 am
      On today's performance it would be Glen, you're spot on. Not going to throw negatives about after that game but let's just say he was the least good by some distance.
      If Flanagan continues this form, Glen will be out of the team when Enrique comes back.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #206: Dec 16, 2013 02:02:04 am
      I would replace Joe Allen, he is good at keeping possession and pressing the opposition, that aside and he hasn't got much more in his locker. I really like the look of Dembele, he is big strong and can play box to box. Can defend and attack. Would really strengthen our midfield.

Dembele is average. Even Spurs want rid.

Quick Reply