Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Tottenham v Liverpool - Sunday 15th Dec - 16:00 Kick off

Read 15599 times
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Re: Tottenham v Liverpool - Sunday 15th Dec - 16:00 Kick off
      Reply #138: Dec 14, 2013 02:07:10 am
      If Hendo can play, and I hope he can, would go with:

Migs
      Kelly Agger Sahko Flanno
      Jonno Hendo Allen Sterling
                  Coutinho
               Suarez

Skyrtel for me has not been great last two games, and the o.g.s have been clumsy. So drop in Agger with Sahko. Not sure if they've played together, but I'd give it a go.
      Lucas looked slow when he came on v WH, ball nicked off him etc. so I'd leave him out, move Jonno into midfield and have Hendo and Allen in the middle.

Great, just shift the defence about even more and keep our 2nd most experienced midfielder on the bench #suicide
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #139: Dec 14, 2013 09:33:22 am
      Chance of Luis being captain on Sunday according to Brendan, Agger not guaranteed to come in.
      I read this too, not sure if it's the right decision tho. Luis and his temper :/
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #140: Dec 14, 2013 10:36:41 am
      Not saying we're up against Brazil but they've a very aggressive midfield and we need to play spoil sport here and put their defence under continuous pressure they'll crack. 3-1 in our favor.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #141: Dec 14, 2013 11:29:04 am
      Not saying we're up against Brazil but they've a very aggressive midfield and we need to play spoil sport here and put their defence under continuous pressure they'll crack. 3-1 in our favor.

They cracked big time last time we played them albeit at Anfield so no reason they won't today. They'll be weak at left back (don't rate Rose at all), Dawson is very average, Lloris likes to come out quite often (found that out at Anfield and we capitalised on it), Lennon is a one trick pony, Soldado has only really scored a few goals this season and showed no real sign of decent form. Based on them areas alone I have no reason to believe we won't beat them. Take out our poor record against them and I think confidence would be as high in others.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #142: Dec 14, 2013 04:01:47 pm
      Great, just shift the defence about even more and keep our 2nd most experienced midfielder on the bench #suicide

I don't think BR will play that way, and will pick Lucas. Just looking at the options though. Picking Lucas means a more cautious approach, he slows the game down and is defensive minded. Think there is another thread on this, making the argument that we're better when we setup to attack, than when we setup to defend. We definitely do the former better. And in games against the better sides, when we've setup more defensive mindedly, I don't think we've done too well. Certainly against the Arse, we were better in the 2nd half when Coutinho came on and we actually went at them, got up to support Luis so that he was more in the game. And the 5 at the back was a disaster that day. If at all possible I'd like us to be attack minded, and not selecting Lucas would signal that intent.
      In saying all that, I can completely see the other side of the argument, that the game away to a strong enough Spuds side, us with injuries, is probably setup for Lucas and Allen to sit there in the middle, keep things tight and look for some more Luis magic. Reckon BR will start him, just don't think it's a given.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #143: Dec 14, 2013 04:09:48 pm
      F***ing hell, the more I think about this game the more it's a must win for me... City have already leapfrogged us, Chelsea look to do so, FFS by the end of the day we could even be below Everton.  Then we've got Chelsea and City coming up, TBH of those three games Spurs is the "easiest," if there is one.  If we want to stay within touching distance of fourth then we really needed to get the three points tomorrow. 
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #144: Dec 14, 2013 04:49:17 pm
      Victor Moses to be involved anyone?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #145: Dec 14, 2013 04:57:38 pm

Probably come on a sub if looking for a goal.

As Brian Fantana might say "10% of the time, he works hard every time".
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,530 posts | 1517 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #146: Dec 14, 2013 04:59:19 pm
      5th in the league having not kicked a ball in anger - that's how tight it is

Biggest game of the season so far bar none. Every game is a must win game, some more than others.

Win, and we go second, 2 points of top, lose, and we are out of the Champions League position with City and Chelsea away on the horizon

Sturridge, Gerrard, and Enrique all out.

Time to stand up and be counted. Think I'd settle for a draw given the circumstances
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #147: Dec 14, 2013 05:00:01 pm

Hopefully not. Hopefully the team bus drove on without him.
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #148: Dec 14, 2013 06:57:13 pm
      Massive game this one, after what happened today we need these 3 points!
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #149: Dec 14, 2013 07:00:29 pm
      I would go

Minolet

Johnson        Skrtel     Sakho       Flanagan

Lucas         Hendo
                  Coutinho                                              Sterling
                                              Alberto

Suarez
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #150: Dec 14, 2013 07:06:19 pm
      The Importance of getting 3 points tomorrow is huge, we really need to get a result down there and end our white heart lane jinx, I'm banking on Suarez to put Spurs woeful finishing this season to the sword, C'mon the red men, lets get the result we need.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #151: Dec 14, 2013 07:25:33 pm
      The Importance of getting 3 points tomorrow is huge, we really need to get a result down there and end our white heart lane jinx, I'm banking on Suarez to put Spurs woeful finishing this season to the sword, C'mon the red men, lets get the result we need.

Can't disagree with this. Todays results have not really gone our way unlike last weekends.

A win would be fantastic, especially with our injuries.

But I'm still not that confident.
      Milestone
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts |
      • Liverpool FC - The only club to watch in England
      Reply #152: Dec 14, 2013 07:27:22 pm
      A win is compulsory tomorrow for us to restructure the table  :D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #153: Dec 14, 2013 08:21:41 pm
      I wouldn't take a draw if offered one for this game, although I won't be too upset if it does finish that way. I really think we can win this one, and if we do it will give us much more confidence going into the (imo) 2 harder games coming up.

I can't see us winning the midfield battle, but with Suarez up front and if we tighten up at the back we can win the war.

I just hope our defence doesn't give away any early Christmas presents.

QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #154: Dec 14, 2013 08:26:11 pm
      WIN is a must. If we do, it is going to be one exiting second half of the season
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,163 posts | 263 
      Reply #155: Dec 14, 2013 08:26:20 pm
      Look at Chelsea, Everton and ManCity got their results tonight then I can't help feel sad we ruined ourselves against Hull, Southampton and even the derby, my bad anyway like to think about things in the past :\

Hope we win tomorrow, otherwise we have a big mountain (of sugar or not :D) to climb.

My team :

Mig
                    Kelly   Skrtel    Sakho   Johnson

Lucas
                            Henderson      Allen   
                                   Coutinho       

Sterling     Suarez

Come on redmen, hit them hard from the start!
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,933 posts | 283 
      Reply #156: Dec 14, 2013 08:32:59 pm
      We will find this tough. Sturridge and now Gerrard out for the remainder of the Christmas period is a big blow.
      Not too sure who I'd put in the squad, we need to just feed Suarez.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #157: Dec 14, 2013 09:19:39 pm
      , we need to just feed Suarez.

Yep best not starve him, he has a game against Ivanovic in a few weeks. :D
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #158: Dec 14, 2013 09:20:57 pm
      Yep best not starve him, he has a game against Ivanovic in a few weeks. :D

:) that'll be a tasty contest (looking forward to the double entendres before that one)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #159: Dec 14, 2013 10:13:00 pm
      Results couldn't have gone much worse for us this weekend.

The pressure is really on to take something from the game. I think a draw would be a very good result but the last time we played them on the back of a Europa League game we managed to beat them. One of the few occasions we've beaten one of the better sides, in fact that and the early United victory are our sum total so far. When you consider the form they're in it's hard to consider them one of the 'better' sides at the moment so this must surely be our best chance out of any to get a much needed away victory.

One worry I have is that if we sit back and play for the draw then I think they will score. If you surrender space to a midfield of Dembele and Capoue it will be a long day chasing without the ball and lumping it up to Luis for a breather. I really hope that isn't going to be our tactics, but judging by the bib theory it will be. I would much prefer us to have played a proper counter-attacking system, with Jordan as the wide left forward. The reason he should play there is not only the protection he can give down their most dangerous flank but also because he does have the energy to support Luis should we get a break. With Raheem on the other side this could have been a very dangerous option for us, as it is I can see us getting stifled in the middle and bogged down in our own half. Some have suggested a 3 of Henderson/Lucas and Allen is good for this game because they keep possession, in truth Allen and Henderson (Allen more in the past) are very guilty of just passing the potato which will invite pressure and cause mistakes.

As you can tell I'm not confident even though I think this is our easiest task out of the 3. Come on lads, surprise me and pull a performance out of the bag!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #160: Dec 14, 2013 10:35:12 pm
      Hearing Vertonghen is out for them. That's gotta be good for us and for our Luis. Come on lads get the 3 points please. I hate these spud pricks.

Quick Reply