Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Tottenham v Liverpool - Sunday 15th Dec - 16:00 Kick off

Read 15709 times
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Re: Tottenham v Liverpool - Sunday 15th Dec - 16:00 Kick off
      Reply #161: Dec 14, 2013 11:13:13 pm
      Look at Chelsea, Everton and ManCity got their results tonight then I can't help feel sad we ruined ourselves against Hull, Southampton and even the derby, my bad anyway like to think about things in the past :\

Hope we win tomorrow, otherwise we have a big mountain (of sugar or not :D) to climb.

My team :

Mig
                    Kelly   Skrtel    Sakho   Johnson

Lucas
                            Henderson      Allen   
                                   Coutinho       

Sterling     Suarez

Come on redmen, hit them hard from the start!

That's the team I'd go for maybe with Toure for Skrtel to enable us to play a higher line.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #162: Dec 15, 2013 01:24:13 am
      Well the other results didn't really go our way today, so we have to make sure of that win now. Just need everyone to do their job and keep the concentration levels high. Make sure we get some decent service to the front and hope louis can do the business. Have to press these close and not let them get into any rhythm and dominate the midfield, rather than sit off and give them too much time and space. Still have a good felling about this one and am confident we can go on and win it. Still predicting 1 - 2 to us, despite our injuries.
      skolRED 's team selection above looks ok to me, as long as Henderson and Allen perform to their best for 90 mins.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #163: Dec 15, 2013 01:46:34 am
      We have to beat these lot for the sake of the summer for going after nearly all our transfer targets, for the sake of the coming transfer market.  These lot are getting too big for their boots need to be put in their place.  All we need is an early goal from Suarez and then we will really pile the pressure on them. 

They really need a win, even a loss is not the end of the world for us.  We score first we put them under pressure,  they make a mistake we punish them or shall I say Suarez punishes them.  AVB's job then start to get under pressure, shoulders really start to drop and we finish the job off.   

In all truthfulness a massive game and a very hard game it would have nice to unleash the SAS on them.  Guess we will have to wait for the home fixture.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6822 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #164: Dec 15, 2013 01:51:47 am
      Think the Forum Clock is a bit wrong....saying KO is in about 3 Hours.  :roll:
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #165: Dec 15, 2013 02:39:03 am
      I hate these c*nts and their poxy fans. Take a leaf out of Brendan's book and smash 'em up the shi.tter.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #166: Dec 15, 2013 07:28:28 am
      Gonna be a tough game for sure, but one we defintely can win if we play to our strengths.
      Alot depends on Suarez as usual...but i would like to see some of our midfielders to take some pressure of him by chipping in with some goals.
      Many have slagged off Moses for his poor quality at times, however he might be one of the few available in our squad who carries a goal scoring ability.
      This will be one of those 1-0 jobbies for me similar to the start of our season. Keep it tight defensively, work hard in midfield and snatch an away goal.
      We will win this one, results this yr kinda reflects that :)
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #167: Dec 15, 2013 08:19:22 am
      All about our attitude today. If we go out with the same shitty approach that we did at Arsenal then we will be handed one no doubt.

If we close down and work bloody hard which should be our attitude in every game then we have a chance.

Keep it tight but don't be afraid to attack with real intent when the opportunity presents itself.

Still worried about Flanagan against their pace.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #168: Dec 15, 2013 08:55:01 am
      It felt horrible for one of the very few times this season waking up and seeing us in 5th, especially behind Everton! I hope Brendan shows them the league table before the game, they have to play with bottle, not like we did against Arsenal! As no doubt others have said we have to keep it tight at the back but also be prepared to put them to the sword attacking wise.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #169: Dec 15, 2013 09:25:38 am
      Cant stand these fookers. Hope we smash them all over the field

They'll be hugely focused on Suarez so we need Coutinho to be at his brilliant best to back Suarez up.

If Joe Allen is to ever win over his doubters well from 4pm to around 5.50 today is his big chance. He needs to be a busy little b***ard today up and down that pitch throwing tackles in and getting on that ball and create

Id like to see ; Mignolet Kelly Skrtel Sakho Johnson, Lucas Allen, Moses Alberto Coutinho, Suarez

Id have my doubts Hendo is match fit so have him on the bench with Jones Toure Agger Flannagan Sterling Aspas (if hes fit)
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #170: Dec 15, 2013 09:34:21 am
      It felt horrible for one of the very few times this season waking up and seeing us in 5th, especially behind Everton!

Damn it! I hope Victor Moses is left behind. Otherwise I hope he is left behind in London.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #171: Dec 15, 2013 09:55:05 am
      A good performance and 3points,back upto 2nd order of the day.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #172: Dec 15, 2013 09:58:53 am
      Is it important for us to pick up and win all the second balls?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,330 posts | 773 
      Reply #173: Dec 15, 2013 10:04:16 am
      I would settle for a point tbh, for some reason they seem to be coming a bogey side to beat.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #174: Dec 15, 2013 10:21:02 am
      I'd like to think that they are a good side on paper, but their season never got going because they can't play together... yet.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #175: Dec 15, 2013 11:29:47 am
      Tough game away from home, can't remember the last "Big one" we won....would be a real statement and take the pressure off for the City\Chelsea games.

Migs
      Johno Skrtel Sakho Flanno
      Lucas Henderson Allen
            Coutinino
         Sterling Suarez
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #176: Dec 15, 2013 11:36:24 am
      I'd like to think that they are a good side on paper, but their season never got going because they can't play together
      One of the reasons why a win would be good. For, a team that "can't play together", to be one win away from being on the same points as us is scary, if you think about it. A proper six pointer this.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1546 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #177: Dec 15, 2013 11:45:23 am
      This is the sort of game that has always tripped us up. It's the kind of game you have to win if you have any designs on finishing top - and why not have designs on finishing top? We're closing in on half way though the season, and 'if' we win today we're second, just two points off the summit.

It's really irritated me that we find ourselves 5th in the league after occupying 2nd for about 90% of the season so far. Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Everton, they've all dropped points all season, they've all looked very shaky, yet it's us who look like dropping the lowest and taking the biggest psychological nosedive and moral sapping splurge if we don't beat Spurs today. It's bizarre how it's turned out! That Hull game is going to haunt us or it's going to be firmly eradicated by late this afternoon

Time will tell, but this is the biggest game of the season by far
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #178: Dec 15, 2013 11:54:34 am
      We need one of those gritty, hard fought, backs to the wall performances with a sprinkling of luck and take 3 points today.

A win today would be a massive boost in confidence.  Overcoming huge pressure, away from home, with a depleted squad, against a rival for CL qualification to take us back into 2nd place. 

COYR  :scarf:
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #179: Dec 15, 2013 11:58:50 am
      This is the sort of game that has always tripped us up. It's the kind of game you have to win if you have any designs on finishing top - and why not have designs on finishing top? We're closing in on half way though the season, and 'if' we win today we're second, just two points off the summit.

It's really irritated me that we find ourselves 5th in the league after occupying 2nd for about 90% of the season so far. Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Everton, they've all dropped points all season, they've all looked very shaky, yet it's us who look like dropping the lowest and taking the biggest psychological nosedive and moral sapping splurge if we don't beat Spurs today. It's bizarre how it's turned out! That Hull game is going to haunt us or it's going to be firmly eradicated by late this afternoon

Time will tell, but this is the biggest game of the season by far

Yes, couldn't agree more, think of the psychology effect that will give us and the believe and confidence that will have on the team.

:kop5cf8koxp6:  :D
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #180: Dec 15, 2013 12:00:37 pm
      somehow I hate a MUST win game, and this is one of them, and I am a bit nervous about it
       to be honest cant see us beat city at the etihad with the way they are playing , although cant exclude anything, the chelsea game is a tough one too, so we really need to get something out of this one, if we don't want to be  moving down the table
       Don't know if any so called top teams have 3 that imprtant games AWAY from hom in succession, Yes they have to come to Anfield later in the season,but we don't want to deal with those home games already lost contact with the top of the table, so this is a massive game
       lets hope BR-the players are up to it today perform at thier bestespecially the defence , I think if we keep it tight and defend well we can get somthing for sure with our attack vs thier defence

Come On redmen

By the way I think the forum clock to the game is wrong < the game is at 4 GMT  according to bbc  so nearly 4 hours to the game ,, not nearly 3 hours to KO

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Dec 15, 2013 12:12:00 pm by carragerrard »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #181: Dec 15, 2013 12:14:53 pm
      I'm not so sure this game is quite the "must win" many are making out TBPH. Of course we'd like to win it or at least not get beat, but it's not going to define our season either way what happens here. In fact what we have here is an opportunity to really put down a marker and signal for all to see that we are serious. Serious not only about the top four but of possibly having a shot at a title challenge as well. If we don't win it doesn't mean we can't achieve either of those things, it simply means we aren't there quite yet.

As it is, whatever happens here while we are playing Cardiff at Home in the next round of matches, Chelsea will be getting ready to play at Arsenal on Monday night. There are other tough fixtures for our immediate rivals coming up too, and we are by no means the only team with a tricky spell coming up. When I look at the next five matches we have two "must wins" in my opinion and they are the Home games against Cardiff and Hull respectively. Win THOSE two, and a positive result or two in any of the big three away games would see me reasonably happy given our injuries.

The team in todays match who must not get beat is Spurs. Defeat would leave them playing catch-up, and the same applies to Man Utd today at Villa. If you want to see a MUST WIN then there it is right there. If they don't, their challenge for the top four will seem about as unlikely as their challenge for the title.

For us, our good start means we can go into the game knowing that a defeat won't put us out of things at all. We can go in with verve and confidence, and if we do win then I'll be looking for a bit of help in getting my "title challenge" bandwagon out of the tyre ruts it's been stuck in since the Hull defeat.   

TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #182: Dec 15, 2013 12:38:44 pm
      I'm not convinced it's that important for our final result to win that particular game, as long we can keep our home form and consistency against smaller teams. 3 points are just 3 points.

Now it's a big occasion for Rodgers to prove there is a real improvement considering our past years record against Tottenham, or our past years record everytime we had to play an important away game with some key players injured.
      If despite the absence of three important first teamers we can secure that away win while we failed to get even one point there in the three last years it should end any doubt about our improvement.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1546 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #183: Dec 15, 2013 12:58:46 pm
      It's not just about the 3 points though, it's about the psychological effect of losing again to one of the top tier teams and being out of the top four. Confidence is a very fragile thing

Quick Reply