Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match v Spuds?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      2 (1%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (0.5%)
      Jon Flanagan
      10 (5.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      122 (61.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (1%)
      Joe Allen
      2 (1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      2 (1%)
      Luis Suarez
      47 (23.7%)
      Raheem Sterling
      10 (5.1%)
      Luis Alberto
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Voting closed: Dec 18, 2013 06:04:29 pm

Spurs 0-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delight

Read 43280 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,223 posts | 1646 
      Re: Spurs 0-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delight
      Reply #644: Dec 15, 2013 11:13:19 pm
      I'm still smiling after that. Carra was saying in the build up that Brendan needed a big win away from home, just to lay down a marker. It's something I've seen said on here and something I've believed. Well didn't we just go and do that today, I'm convinced this result will give us huge belief and in years to come we could look back on this as a defining moment, it just has that feel to it.

Made up.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #645: Dec 15, 2013 11:13:35 pm
      Great great result.
      Don't quite see what most of u guys do about it being our best performance in years but regardless it was very impressive.
      Hendo, flanno, sterling and Allen were my picks for motm.
      Joe in the first half was fantastic.
      Great result to kick off the hectic Xmas period and hopefully make the chavs and citeh sit up and think.
      Interesting to see how we play without Gerrard.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #646: Dec 15, 2013 11:17:42 pm
      Great great result.
      Don't quite see what most of u guys do about it being our best performance in years but regardless it was very impressive.
      Hendo, flanno, sterling and Allen were my picks for motm.
      Joe in the first half was fantastic.
      Great result to kick off the hectic Xmas period and hopefully make the chavs and citeh sit up and think.
      Interesting to see how we play without Gerrard.

Mate they didn't have a sniff, not one chance. Liverpool made spurs look tiny at their own ground and that's why it's one of the best performances of any prem team for years.

Top F***ing notch.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,368 posts | 4973 
      Reply #647: Dec 15, 2013 11:23:30 pm
      Mate they didn't have a sniff, not one chance. Liverpool made spurs look tiny at their own ground and that's why it's one of the best performances of any prem team for years.

Top f**king notch.

Agree.

Souness was all talk before the game about how we may well get out fought and out powered by their midfield but the reverse was true and shows that technical footballers like Joe Allen and Coutinho stil can out play the likes of Sandro and Paulinho.
      Bubonic
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 25 
      Reply #648: Dec 15, 2013 11:31:19 pm
      I just can't believe. I was very nervous in work on Friday with supporters of other teams. I was saying we might sneak it
      and I thought that was about the best we could hope for.

Can't wait to go in now tomorrow.

Its very tight of course but are looking very good for champions league now, another few games and we might
      be looking at better than that.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #649: Dec 15, 2013 11:33:09 pm

I see what you did there! ;D
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #650: Dec 15, 2013 11:37:50 pm
      What's lovely to see is that 9 out of the starting 11 players had a vote in the MOTM poll (Migs didn't have to make a save, Johnson was poor). Shows what a great team performance it was, I honestly thought Allen, Sterling, Suarez and Flanagan could have got MOTM and I wouldn't have batted an eyelid, but my vote went to Hendo... faultless!!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #651: Dec 15, 2013 11:50:46 pm
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #652: Dec 15, 2013 11:51:53 pm
      Absolutely love days like this. We spend days, weeks, months, discussing the team, where we can improve, what Brendan needs to do, how we will never beat the better sides unless we buy big, then the bas**rds turn in a performance like that and days weeks months of discussion, arguing, planning is thrown out the window and we can just sit back and enjoy a wonderful performance.     
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #653: Dec 15, 2013 11:52:41 pm
      Immense performance we were excellent today.

They were never in it from the whistle credit to BR and the boys.

I have a strong dislike for Spurs and AVB this will go down really well.
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #654: Dec 16, 2013 12:54:31 am
       Bloody fantastic & our midfield bossed it completely flanno was great, thought walker would of run riot on him tbh with his pace.
        :lmao: Loldado.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #655: Dec 16, 2013 01:07:19 am
      Anyone know where I can see the goals? Missed the game today and it was suppose to record but my DVR crapped out and I didn't get it.  :f_wah:

Sounds like I missed our best performance in a long time...figures.  :mad:
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #656: Dec 16, 2013 01:18:15 am
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Re: Live: Tottenham vs Liverpool
      Reply #657: Dec 16, 2013 01:18:43 am
      Stopped posting because I had the shakes and felt sick. Won a great christmas because that, thank you so much Liverpool.

I've backed Liverpool to win 4 and 5 -0 all season against all comers. So couldn't change my prediction today as little as I fancied it and I even did Suarez to score first on a smaller bet. The odds were 200/1 and 600/1, the biggest odds I've ever won on a football match and the hilarious thing is that I didn't even fancy the scoreline.

Still shaking will do a proper post later, incredible feeling.

Just wondering mate, what was your reaction when Moses put that cross in at the end? :P
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #658: Dec 16, 2013 01:23:50 am
      Pretty complete performance.  I went for Sterling as my MOTM - thought this was by far his best game for us.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #659: Dec 16, 2013 01:30:36 am
      All I can say Is that I am really enjoying this season. It is a real surprise. I didn't think we were a title contender, I thought we would be a 4-6 spot team fighting for a Cl spot. I still think we need help in the back and should address it in Jan window, but overall I am completely sold on Rodgers and what he has instilled in this team, the club philosophy and the overall feeling of this team.  Rodgers has every player believing in themselves and each other. This squad truly thinks like a champion, they believe they can win every match and that is very important.

The last few years have been a down time for the club and for us supporters, but it seems like "THIS IS ANFIELD" means something again and in the words of Bill Shankly...

"..... In my time at Liverpool we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves."

KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #660: Dec 16, 2013 01:52:43 am
      Just finished watching game on LFC.tv .I must say what a performance
      Great stuff all round the park today Midfield was Boss
      Hendo was awesome today,Lucas broke up everything in the middle
      Allens best game for us by a long way

Also was chuffed to bits with Flanagan getting his first senior goal for us and what a beauty it was

My MOTM I have gone for Hendo
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #661: Dec 16, 2013 02:24:29 am
      Funny thing is, I thought Spurs did a great job the way they handled the Bale saga, they spent the money first and then sold the player late and a number of the players they bought were highly rated. The press will be right after AVB again after this one although I actually think he gets a rougher end of the stick because he replaced their media slut Redknapp

Good two points there Scot.

Speaking about the media, interesting how the BBC and Guardian took the emphasis away from a truly dominant Liverpool performance and heaped it onto a "struggling, 10-man Tottenham".
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #662: Dec 16, 2013 02:47:18 am
      Really hard to pick a MOTM in this one. Suarez was great, deserved to wear the band. Henderson was his usual self at fighting hard, but brought a bit more today. Allen was outstanding in the sense of having put in his best show at LFC so far. Sterling seems to relish the game time and keeps on improving. Lucas was steadfast as usual, a rock. Coutinho is always a joy to watch and will be left, right and centre at our future. Sakho is definitely the next great CB at the club. Skrtel was solid as usual so far this year. Flanagan is having a bit of that Sterling virus. Just loving the attention and game time. Mignolet was unemployed for the most part, so the mishap on the disallowed goal seems to be understandable, but not excusable. Johnson put in another don't-bother-me performance. Once Enrique gets back he'll be warming the bench.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #663: Dec 16, 2013 03:08:59 am
      I dont usually like to comment post matches but just had to today.

The first 20-30 seconds tell you everything about our performance. Allen and Hendo harrassing the Spurs midfield. They did that the whole game, their fitness levels were fantastic. Our pressing high up field won us the game, plaudits must go to the gaffer for that. It was clearly the plan according to his post match comments.

I could go on and on about Hendo and Allen's performance, but it was there for everyone to see. Even their harshest of critics would have to enjoyed that. Would we have gotten that midfield performance had Steven Gerrard played? Just a thought...

Thought Sterling played a blinder too. He ruined Naughton in the first half, and played very maturely in the 2nd half. Coutinho got into some terrific positions and on another day could have had a few assists. Suarez was a pain their arse for 90+ minutes, scored 2 and could have another 2 easily (easily for him).

My last comment has to be for Flannagan. I cheered for that goal like a proud father would have done. Really pleased for him, and if ever people doubted our team spirit then just watch the reaction to that goal. I thought he was outstanding, given being played on his opposite side. Flanno is Brasilian, na na na na.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #664: Dec 16, 2013 03:10:18 am
      absolutely buzzing still.  It might be a bit excessive but I just finished rewatching the game.... I'm just loving the flow to our game.

there are still areas to improve but yes, it was one of our strongest games under BR. 

MOTM for me was Suarez.  Hendo is up there as well but i gave it to Suarez as he took over the captaincy rein and I thought he lead the team well.  I loved how even up 3-0 we were still hungry... hungry to the last second.  I hated how we used to sit back if we were leading.. I love us playing ruthless soccer.  There is never enough goals to score... always aim for more!

Everyone had an amazing game except for one.  I thought johnson was exposed quite a bit.  Actually it seemed like most dangerous crosses originated from his side.   

Sakho is a real beast.  Him and skrtel are working really well!

Allen has stepped it up... lad is playing well with lucas

cou was a boss tonight along with sterling and hendo.  Sterling kept ripping their defender in the first half... thought the guy would suddenly find himself wearing his underwear outside his pants after another sterling display haha

Suarez... there were rumours that said LFC is prepared to make suarez the highest paid player in the prem league.   I say... DO IT!
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #665: Dec 16, 2013 03:16:04 am
      What a performance! Especially Henderson (my MOTM) and Sterling. Delighted for them and Flanagan to get on the scoresheet. Suarez was great as usual and did the armband proud. Hope things like this help keep him at LFC!

Thought we had a though first ten minutes, but after that the game was all ours. Just look at the stats: 10 shots on target vs 0!! We did have some luck with the Mignolet-soldado phase, but we were all over them and fully deserve this. Think the midfield worked really well. Good to see Allen and Henderson stup up when Stevie is unavailable.

This performance has really given me confidence going into the Chelski and Shitty games. If we play like this at Stamford there is no reason we can't get all three points.

Win next weekend and we go top of the league! When was the last time we could say that halfway through December?
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #666: Dec 16, 2013 03:26:21 am
      Best performance I've seen in a while. We showed some scary skills from all areas of the pitch. Well done lads!

Quick Reply