Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Pre Match Discussion - Liverpool V Cardiff City: 21st Dec KO: 12:45 BT Sport

Read 11577 times
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: Pre Match Discussion - Liverpool V Cardiff City: 21st Dec KO: 12:45 BT Sport
      Reply #23: Dec 18, 2013 05:38:18 pm
      Hopefully after the win against Spurs Rodgers sat all the lads down in the dressing room and told them that that win would mean nothing if we don't beat Cardiff this weekend. 

Can't wait to see Sterling again.  Think his performance against Spurs was the best of his career for us thus far. 

Hopefully he keeps his spot and has another blinder.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Re: Pre Match Discussion - Liverpool V Cardiff City: 21st Dec KO: 12:45 BT Sport
      Reply #24: Dec 18, 2013 05:45:28 pm
      A nice 1-0 win please. Send us top for (an hour or two at least) Christmas :)

This will be enough for me...just get the 3 points.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #25: Dec 18, 2013 06:07:07 pm
      I think we could end up winning by a decent margin if we turn up and not assume the result will take care of itself.

I'd take a scrappy 1-0 though. The players need to be focused on Cardiff and not on City a few days later. It does not matter who you are against, its 3 points for every team!

Please make my going out that night a very enjoyable one with a win!
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #26: Dec 18, 2013 06:08:09 pm
      I dont want to see any changes from last sunday.  A win and 3 pts is a must.  benching starting XI players and giving cardiff hope is a risk imo

Strategy..

Play with our best current XI... get a sizeable lead that deflates the opposition.  Then BR can rest who he wants.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #27: Dec 18, 2013 06:16:35 pm
      Same again.

That will be enough as long as the players perform to the same level.

I said before the spurs match that I disliked sunday games.

I F***ing hate early saturday games as well.
      Half the time the lads look like they've just got up.

Fingers crossed I get another very pleasant surprise.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28: Dec 18, 2013 07:19:38 pm
      It might be naive or silly from my part but I think it would be a crime to change anything from the lineup that demolished Spurs in such style.
      We'll have a different kind of opposition here, but I'm very confident these guys can do the job.
      Allen to score a hat-trick!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #29: Dec 18, 2013 07:34:04 pm
      It might be naive or silly from my part but I think it would be a crime to change anything from the lineup that demolished Spurs in such style.

same lineup for me as well mate.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #30: Dec 18, 2013 07:34:12 pm
      I f**king hate early saturday games as well.  Half the time the lads look like they've just got up.

most of us get paid much less and have to be at work much earlier than 12:45....

I'm sure they'll manage somehow.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #31: Dec 18, 2013 07:36:57 pm

most of us get paid much less and have to be at work much earlier than 12:45....

So you think they turn up at the stadium a few minutes before kick off, get changed, and go and have a kick about?
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Here's a little tip fella, don't try and wind me up.
      You haven't got the brains for it.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #32: Dec 18, 2013 07:46:21 pm
      As long as we are professional and treat these with respect we should be good for a win here. I just hope Brendan is drumming it into our players that Sunday is a new day and we have to give them our best. Complacency will be our only undoing here.

Hit them hard and bury our chances!

I'm going 4-1 Suarez double, Hendo and Sterling. Mutch for them
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #33: Dec 18, 2013 07:49:01 pm
      Aw man this game has the makings of an absolute battering, taking current home form and confidence sky high. I really hope we are not in for a big fall. How could a team who can play that well against spurs, do anything else BUT hammer Cardiff at home.

Im going for a 6-1 battering with Henderson, Suarez, Sterling and Sakho all getting on the score sheet. Would be a cracking steel at the bookies too.... ;-)

A win will put the pressure on Arsenal and I can see them slipping up, although clearly a draw suits us best.

Going forward, Citeh will be tough but can see us getting 6 points from Chelsea and Hull. Wowsa the speculation will be rife that the redmen are back where we belong and cummit the day, cummit the players, cummit the titles!

Deary me, we can but dream again. Loving this season!
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34: Dec 18, 2013 07:51:16 pm

True that, but he has a point. Monday nights & Saturday mornings tend to be squeeky bum time and can take ages to get going.

Its beyond me.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #35: Dec 18, 2013 07:56:34 pm
      So you think they turn up at the stadium a few minutes before kick off, get changed, and go and have a kick about.
      Here's a little tip fella, don't try and wind me up.
      You haven't got the brains for it.

you must have an incredibly boring life if you think talking about players' sleeping schedules is fodder for being wound up...
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #36: Dec 18, 2013 08:22:37 pm
      Suarez will bag another hatrick on Saturday you heard it here first.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #37: Dec 18, 2013 08:33:32 pm
      Joe Allen will score. He'll be well up for this one and will be flying all over the pitch, I'd reckon.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #38: Dec 18, 2013 08:39:09 pm
      Just remembered I have tickets for this, best get train tickets and stuff I guess...
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39: Dec 18, 2013 08:41:16 pm

you must have an incredibly boring life if you think talking about players' sleeping schedules is fodder for being wound up...

:lmao: :lmao:

Trying to twist it again eh?

Keep going fella, I love a good laugh and although you don't do it intentionally you're always good for a giggle.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #40: Dec 18, 2013 08:41:58 pm
      Just remembered I have tickets for this, best get train tickets and stuff I guess...

I'm supposed to be going, but I have relatives coming over on saturday morning.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #41: Dec 18, 2013 08:47:22 pm
      Same side as last Sunday, guard against complacency and batter the bluebirds with another scintillating display.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #42: Dec 18, 2013 09:38:25 pm
      Its a funny old game - beat Cardiff to go top of the Prem at Christmas, who would have thought that at the start of the season!

The way were playing I dont think Cardiff will be able to stop us, and they shouldnt... Players need to learn from Hull that they cant simply turn up to win and have to go at them early and kill off the game. Would be happy to give Suarez 45 mins after he has a few and rest him - along with others if needed.

Im going 5 - 0 to follow on from last week, 4 in the first half. But as always I am sure it will be a much tougher game that we expect.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #43: Dec 18, 2013 10:08:21 pm
      I'd go with an unchanged side, but I get nervous as F**k with these games. I can't put my finger on, it but I never feel fully confident as we always seem to ruin all the good work by flopping against these sort of sides, when we should be hammering them. I originally thought we'd beat spurs, draw with Cardiff, beat City and beat the plastics.
      I'm praying for a win, form says a win, my heart says a win but my head says DON'T F***ing UNDERESTIMATE THEM! With Brendans history with Swansea, he should want to put a full strength side out and go for the kill. I just hope he does, and it all comes good. Should be 3 or 4 nil, but I won't be betting on it. Nervous as F**k now until Saturday!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #44: Dec 18, 2013 10:58:37 pm
      slightly off topic but I miss Bellamy. :D   I was surprised by how good he was in his second spell with us, to be honest I still think he's got something to offer, wish he would have given us another year before going back home.
      Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #45: Dec 18, 2013 11:10:54 pm
      As bad as the Hull result hopefully the one thing we can take away from it is not to mess around with games like this. Cardiff needs to be taken as if it were spurs or Chelsea. We are not at the level where we can pick and choose what games we turn up for. Hopefully the players are fully aware of this now after the Hull performance.
      If we turn up, pressure on early, fans behind the players, we will win. End off! Come on the redmen!

Quick Reply