Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Pre Match Discussion - Liverpool V Cardiff City: 21st Dec KO: 12:45 BT Sport

Read 11561 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Pre Match Discussion - Liverpool V Cardiff City: 21st Dec KO: 12:45 BT Sport
      Reply #46: Dec 19, 2013 04:01:43 am
      slightly off topic but I miss Bellamy. :D   I was surprised by how good he was in his second spell with us, to be honest I still think he's got something to offer, wish he would have given us another year before going back home.

I'm glad he went, for himself and his kids, it was the right  thing for him  to do and I don't begrudge him that for one second.  From what we've seen so far, Moses couldn't caddy his golf clubs though.

:D
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Pre Match Discussion - Liverpool V Cardiff City: 21st Dec KO: 12:45 BT Sport
      Reply #47: Dec 19, 2013 09:33:36 am
      From what we've seen so far, Moses couldn't caddy his golf clubs though.

:lmao:
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #48: Dec 19, 2013 09:52:12 am
      things have been so good as of late please not another stumbling block.

At some stage this xmas break were gonna have to play the moses alberto and aspas trio to rest players maybe this game is the best time??
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #49: Dec 19, 2013 10:17:58 am
      Unchanged lineup for me why fix whats not broken, there were eleven man of the match's against Tottenham as most have said, so that eleven deserve to start in my opinion, lets hopefully get the three points on the table with a good win carrying the confidence over from Spurs and get ourselves in the right frame of mind/form to go away to City and try and get something from that match which in all honesty given their home form, looks like a massive task.
      « Last Edit: Dec 19, 2013 10:33:40 am by RedLFCBlood »
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #50: Dec 19, 2013 10:28:59 am
      To the team selector: no experimenting of tactics, formation or team sheet please. Leave that to the reserves, non league or friendly matches.

We prefer to see well orchestrated, well drilled execution which you have prepared and trained for in Melwood.

Please don't turn Anfield into Melwood. No room for errors.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #51: Dec 19, 2013 11:22:13 am
      I don't care if it's 1-0 or 10-0. I just want a win.

Please please please don't F**k this up liverpool.

All about being professional and tight with our defending set pieces.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #52: Dec 19, 2013 12:34:13 pm
      I'd keep the same side as against Spurs.

As long as we don't under-estimate them we should be picking up 3 points. They are a completely different challenge compared to Spurs and I'd expect them to park the bus.

2-0 Suarez and Henderson.

Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #53: Dec 19, 2013 01:03:10 pm
      I know Cardiff are no pushovers and we have to make sure we go into every game with respect for our opponents and not slip up by thinking it will be easy.
      Still, I'd like to see us go at them and get a goal or two and hopefully it could turn out like our recent home games. I'm going for a 4-0 suarez with all of them ;)
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #54: Dec 19, 2013 01:42:52 pm
      We'll smash them 0:0
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #55: Dec 19, 2013 01:48:32 pm
      I cannot help thing that Cardiff will give us a real battle, remember the Carling cup final. A different side and set up,  I know, but I still think that they will show a lot more fight than the likes of Spurs or Norwich.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #56: Dec 19, 2013 01:53:15 pm
      We really should win this but I'm also a bit nervous, we need to keep the momentum going.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #57: Dec 19, 2013 01:56:34 pm
      I cannot help thing that Cardiff will give us a real battle, remember the Carling cup final. A different side and set up,  I know, but I still think that they will show a lot more fight than the likes of Spurs or Norwich.

I'm sure they wouldn't have forgotten that game either...
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #58: Dec 19, 2013 03:24:03 pm
      I hope they don't experiment with Victor Moses in this game.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #59: Dec 19, 2013 03:44:30 pm
      Slightly off topic but, if we can get the 3 points,  who would  you rather win in arsenal v chelsea?  Id rather arsenal win. Reason is, I am happy sitting 2 points behind the top right now.  When we are top we sometimes buckle under the pressure of expectations. Also, having a bigger breathing space against Chelsea could be more important later on in the season,  especially with man city game on boxing day.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #60: Dec 19, 2013 03:46:28 pm
      There is no need to rest any players, the game is Saturday lunchtime. The Citeh game is Boxing day Thursday, four clear days is ample to recover from the Cardiff game.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #61: Dec 19, 2013 04:00:55 pm
      An early goals have been our key ingredient to success so far this season. It enables us to set the tone and pick off our opposition like we did Spurs.

We need to approach this game fast from the start.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #62: Dec 19, 2013 04:02:27 pm
      Just looking at the table, this has to be a "must win" for us if there ever was one.  If we win, we'll go top until at least Monday.  And, to be honest, any result from that game would be good for us.  If it's a draw, we'll stay top on goal difference.  If Arsenal lose by anything less than seven goals, we still stay top on goal difference to Chelsea.  If Arsenal win we'll stay second but still have the benefit of a three point cushion ahead of Chelsea. 

Absolutely have to beat Cardiff. 
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #63: Dec 19, 2013 04:58:35 pm
      Just looking at the table, this has to be a "must win" for us if there ever was one.  If we win, we'll go top until at least Monday.  And, to be honest, any result from that game would be good for us.  If it's a draw, we'll stay top on goal difference.  If Arsenal lose by anything less than seven goals, we still stay top on goal difference to Chelsea.  If Arsenal win we'll stay second but still have the benefit of a three point cushion ahead of Chelsea. 

Absolutely have to beat Cardiff.

If City and Everton win they will still be up our arses to a point gap.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #64: Dec 19, 2013 05:14:22 pm
      Slightly off topic but, if we can get the 3 points,  who would  you rather win in arsenal v chelsea?  Id rather arsenal win. Reason is, I am happy sitting 2 points behind the top right now.  When we are top we sometimes buckle under the pressure of expectations. Also, having a bigger breathing space against Chelsea could be more important later on in the season,  especially with man city game on boxing day.

I'd rather they draw to be honest and that prediction isn't out of the question. IF we beat Cardiff and those two draw then we will be top on GD ahead of Arsenal, 1 point above City (should they beat Fulham) and 2 points above Chelsea.

Should Arsenal win then they will be 2 points above us with our next game being City and then Chelsea - both away.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #65: Dec 19, 2013 05:18:58 pm
      I hope it's a 0-0 - points dropped for both and no gain to their goal difference. Plus it will mean another match where the Chelsea forwards fail.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 631 posts | 61 
      Reply #66: Dec 19, 2013 05:37:25 pm
      I reckon Cardiff are going to get F***ing hammered,seriously if we play like we did against spurs,and BR sends the same team out,cardiff have no chance,and come sat night we will be top of the league :)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #67: Dec 19, 2013 05:45:19 pm
      If we play well we get a result, BUT let's not make the mistake of thinking we just have to turn up and win.

Mackay is no mug, and he'll make it as hard as he possibly can for us to break them down.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #68: Dec 19, 2013 06:50:44 pm
      Slightly off topic but, if we can get the 3 points,  who would  you rather win in arsenal v chelsea? 

F**k that.

A draw and so we go top.

Quick Reply