Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Ivan Rakitic (Sevilla)

Read 17260 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Re: Ivan Rakitic (Sevilla)
      Reply #69: Jan 09, 2014 07:50:45 pm
      Yeah well that was us doing the selling! I can't recall Chelsea ever flogging one of their better players to a rival. They have bought a few over the years ie. Torres, Gallas, tried to get Rooney but can you think of anyone going the other way? I think the chances of us getting Mata are out of the stratosphere meself
      But if Mata can hardly get a game, they obviously don't consider him to be one of their better players.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #70: Jan 09, 2014 08:07:27 pm
      But if Mata can hardly get a game, they obviously don't consider him to be one of their better players.

But they know he is a top quality player who would improve any of their rivals were he to end up there, he was Their player of the year last year, an ever present in the team and a fan favourite. I don't think he's coming anywhere near us. I k ow they let Sturridge go but he was always a bit part player who was never quite trusted to do it at Chelsea. I don't see comparisons with Mata and Maureen is no fool, I don't even think he would have let us have Sturridge had he been at Chelsea tbh.i know Mata isn't getting a game there at the moment, the same applies for De Bruyne who is another quality player. Admittedly they have a ridiculous amount of talent in midfield with Oscar, Hazzard and Willian getting the nod at the moment.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #71: Jan 09, 2014 09:20:48 pm
      I know there's no reason to believe we would be in for him anyway, but if we did want to pay the price, and the wage demands. If the player really, really wanted to play for us, is there a lot the chavs could do to prevent it ? Freedom of movement etc. I really don't have a clue,  does anyone have an honest answer, and not just speculation and suggestion, but a real answer?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #72: Jan 09, 2014 09:30:12 pm
      I know there's no reason to believe we would be in for him anyway, but if we did want to pay the price, and the wage demands. If the player really, really wanted to play for us, is there a lot the chavs could do to prevent it ? Freedom of movement etc. I really don't have a clue,  does anyone have an honest answer, and not just speculation and suggestion, but a real answer?

I believe is Mata submitted a transfer request and Chelsea accepted it, then he has freedom of movement, then we'd just have to agree a fee with Chelsea.

If we bid for Mata without a transfer request being accepted, then Chelsea can simply and keep on rejecting our bid's as freedom of movement doesn't come into it.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #73: Jan 09, 2014 09:36:43 pm
      I believe is Mata submitted a transfer request and Chelsea accepted it, then he has freedom of movement, then we'd just have to agree a fee with Chelsea.

Not so sure Daz as they can accept his request but still sell to whoever they want and if they reject our offer and accept one from the likes of Athletico, for example, then it's extremely likely Mata will move anyway.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #74: Jan 09, 2014 09:41:03 pm
      Not so sure Daz as they can accept his request but still sell to whoever tehy want and if they reject our offer for example and accept one from the likes of Athletico, for example, then it's extremely likely Mata will move anyway.

Once they accept a transfer request mate it grants freedom of movement, thats why Torres and Meireles were both told they'd have to submit requests,

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #75: Jan 09, 2014 09:44:03 pm
      Once they accept a transfer request mate it grants freedom of movement, thats why Torres and Meireles were both told they'd have to submit requests,

But surely if there are two or three offers to Chelsea they can choose which to accept and which not to?

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #76: Jan 09, 2014 09:47:23 pm
      But surely if there are two or three offers to Chelsea they can choose which to accept and which not to?

But if the player didn't want that particular move, then what ?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #77: Jan 09, 2014 09:48:21 pm

Not really mate if there's three matching bids then its the players right to choose where he wish's to continue his career, the player can dig his heels in and say I have no desire to play for that club, leaving the club in the dillema of having accepted a transfer request then refusing him freedom of movement.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #78: Jan 09, 2014 09:57:56 pm
      has anyone seen a single article in the media from a reliable source linking mata to us? - NO
      have chelsea sold any of their best players to EPL rivals? - NO

so why do people keep going on about mata coming to us?

come on get real its just total and ridiculous self delusion
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #79: Jan 09, 2014 10:08:53 pm
      has anyone seen a single article in the media from a reliable source linking mata to us? - NO

Wrong - Sturridge, they've also loaned out Lukaku, when you compare those 2 strikers to the strikers currently at the club, then yes they have.

Is this comparable to Mata? Yes because Sturridge and Lukaku were simply lower down the pecking order, more so in the example of Sturridge as Lukaku may have some internal problems too... oh Mata has them too! So he ticks both those boxes.

See above with Sturridge.

so why do people keep going on about mata coming to us?

Because he would be the perfect type of player we need, he appears available and he's shown interest in joining us before (we got Downing instead unfortunately).

come on get real its just total and ridiculous self delusion

An over-exaggeration in my opinion, while I would agree it is highly unlikely money has the power to make unlikely things happen. That is the bigger obstacle in my opinion. I feel if we were to offer £30m for him, he'd be running out for us in February.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #80: Jan 09, 2014 10:16:19 pm
      An over-exaggeration in my opinion, while I would agree it is highly unlikely money has the power to make unlikely things happen. That is the bigger obstacle in my opinion. I feel if we were to offer £30m for him, he'd be running out for us in February.

Agreed,

Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #81: Jan 10, 2014 04:10:34 pm
      Anyone think we've got the balls or the dosh to bid £30 million for Mata? Must admit that might turn a head or two if we were to go in that high but I'm struggling to see it.

Also, this freedom of movement rule is pretty crap wouldn't you all say? Seems about as effective and water tight as Platini's bullshi....t financial fairplay rules.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #82: Jan 10, 2014 05:03:51 pm
      Think that's enough Mata talk for this thread. Unless of course he has changed his name to Ivan Rakitic.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #83: Jan 11, 2014 06:43:39 pm
      Am I the only one who finds it funny that this has become the unofficial Mata thread?! Meanwhile the official one has got locked!

I think it's a symptom of our lack of movement In The transfer window thus far. We are bored!
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #84: Jan 11, 2014 09:54:18 pm
      Am I the only one who finds it funny that this has become the unofficial Mata thread?! Meanwhile the official one has got locked!

I think it's a symptom of our lack of movement In The transfer window thus far. We are bored!
      Your not wrong mate I'm bored shitless,come on FSG get that Fooking chequebook out:-(
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #85: Jan 12, 2014 06:52:49 pm
      Really think this is one of our most ideal targets at the moment, with Gerrard stating that he will be playing the holding role much more often like today, I cant see Rodgers sticking with Lucas-Henderson partnership and although Allen could do a job in that more advanced role I feel Rakitic would be perfect for us, creative midfielder who can do a job defensively but also offers a lot of goals and assits (10 goals and 12 assists in 29 games soo far this season), possibly between £10-15million, I think he is ideal for us.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #86: Jan 13, 2014 07:51:13 am
      Mata is pie in the sky if he does leave Chelsea for another prem club it won't be to us.
      It will be to Utd as part of a deal to take Rooney to Chelsea.

Rakitic is a much more realistic target for Liverpool & imo a player we need more than Mata.

Not that i wouldn't love Mata of course i would he's a fabulous player but it ain't happening.
      Redone
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #87: Jan 25, 2014 02:21:54 am
      atm, i would throw 30m on the table for Rakitic. im sure Sevilla will consider it.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #88: Jan 25, 2014 02:47:45 am
      atm, i would throw 30m on the table for Rakitic. im sure Sevilla will consider it.

Do it, he'd be a good start for your team. As for us, if we're not willing to spend £11m on Salah there's no way we've got £30m sitting around.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #89: Jan 25, 2014 09:29:10 am
      Do it, he'd be a good start for your team. As for us, if we're not willing to spend £11m on Salah there's no way we've got £30m sitting around.
      Makes you wonder how much cash we've actually got doesn't it? I hope we where trying to get Salah on the cheap because we could potentially sign somebody else but I'm not too optimistic. Trying to sign De Jong on a free sort of answers that!

Please god tell me we've got more that 9 million to spend!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #90: Jan 25, 2014 10:22:17 am
      Makes you wonder how much cash we've actually got doesn't it? I hope we where trying to get Salah on the cheap because we could potentially sign somebody else but I'm not too optimistic. Trying to sign De Jong on a free sort of answers that!

Please god tell me we've got more that 9 million to spend!

The indications are we've got F**k all to spend.
      That's not say the dosh isn't there, it's location is irrelevant because it's staying right there.
      There will be no outgoings to supplement what FSG consider an adequate squad.
      To reiterate 'the indications are we've got F**k all to spend on additional players which in the judgement of some are surplus to requirements.'
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #91: Jan 25, 2014 10:09:15 pm
      If we couldn't match £11m for Salah, I don't see us getting anyone of any class, as that seems to be the minimum price for a quality player. Rakitic aint gonna happen in my opinion.

Quick Reply