Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

If we only bought one player in Jan, who would you REPLACE in the team?

Read 21886 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: If we only bought one player in Jan, who would you REPLACE in the team?
      Reply #230: Dec 28, 2013 01:06:16 am
      Still Johnson for me.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #231: Dec 28, 2013 08:23:54 am
      Joe Allen.
      He's doing better but he's still not good enough imo.
      Rakatic for him would be mine if we had just one change.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #232: Dec 28, 2013 01:50:00 pm
      Gotta be Allen, seems like a good lad but a better box to box midfielder could do wonders for us.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #233: Dec 29, 2013 09:11:10 pm
      Gj is having his worst season ever this year.  Poor in attack now as well as defence. Ffs nathan redmond tore him apart.

And for fsg heads hes on approx 120k a week

Next lucas or allen prob our weakest position
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #234: Dec 30, 2013 09:03:06 am
      Seeing people saying Schneiderlin isn't good enough for us...

I'm based in Southampton, went to a fair number of games and he always stood out as an intelligent player. Certainly in the league 1 + Championship days, he was a very good DM, with great ball playing skills - reminded me of a lower league Alonso, he WAS the playmaker for the side. Also strong in the tackle, he has since developed from those days (gotta start somewhere!) into a well-rounded midfield player. I think he would get in the side ahead of Lucas when all were fit/on form, also the fact that he is very good on the ball and fairly strong would give us something else.

His positional sense is excellent, something we require quite a lot with the way we play being based on brains rather than brutality (Big Sam). His aforementioned ability on the ball and attacking inclinations would enable a very fluid midfield of Henderson, Schneiderlin and Gerrard (don't care if people say he's old, he can still move when required) when all are fit. Granted Scheiderlin is not the quickest, but for bigger games he could definitely be more disciplined. I'd feel more confident with him playing as our DM than Lucas to be honest.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #235: Dec 31, 2013 04:59:17 pm
      Rakitic.

Gerrard

Rakitic - Coutinho

Sturridge - Suarez - Sterling
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #236: Dec 31, 2013 05:33:12 pm
      Johnson arguably cost us the Hazard goal and it was because he wasn't in the proper position to close down his side of the field. Add that to his poor ball control, poor passing, poor crossing and poor decision making and right now he seems the biggest liability we have.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #237: Dec 31, 2013 06:49:28 pm
      Johnson all day long, the guy is a liability!
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #238: Dec 31, 2013 07:17:42 pm
      Someone better than Lucas, Johnson and Skrtel
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #239: Jan 01, 2014 06:42:52 pm
      Johnson. Weakest link for me.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #240: Jan 02, 2014 09:59:11 pm
      Johnson, and before the season I thought his position was one of our strongest. His attacking hasn't been good enough to make up for his defensive frailties.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #241: Jan 02, 2014 10:02:18 pm
      It's still Johnson for me too.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #242: Jan 02, 2014 10:21:44 pm
      Lucas

Our biggest failure this season so far has been an inability to resist other teams when the have built up a head of steam attacking against us (Swansea, Newcastle,Arsenal, Hull, Man City, Chelsea)

We desperately need someone who from the centre of the park and impose on a game and try to control it.
      No idea who that someone may be. Seen links to a Ghanaian midfielder from udinese. Who knows but for me it's a priority
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #243: Jan 02, 2014 10:29:46 pm
      I'm inclined to agree with you 3 on this page too, a couple of months/weeks ago I said Allen or Henderson but apart from some poor finishing Henderson has been in very good form. Johnson has been regularly out of position, lazy tracking back, offering nothing going forward, being tackled too easily and losing the ball when he should be making simple passes. It's hard to think of who could replace him in the team though in the current transfer market. Only person who immediately pops into my head who could be available is Montoya and I've only seen him play on the one occasion.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #244: Jan 03, 2014 10:25:47 am
      Hendo started putting in brilliant performances after everyone in here (including myself) said for him to be replaced.

Hopefully with everyone saying Johnson now he does the same.

Quick Reply