Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: In-game & post-match trauma

Read 40434 times
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Re: Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: In-game & post-match trauma
      Reply #575: Dec 29, 2013 06:27:43 pm
      Also felt we didn't deserve the points we were awful. They played well in the first half and had the better team and tactics.

Mate, you are the most sensible poster in this forum. No kidding.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #576: Dec 29, 2013 06:29:27 pm
      Mourinho's a complete c**t - sadly everything he says to the press they will believe since their tongues are lodged firmly up the portugese pr**k's arse. I hope he is beaten to the title comprehensively by far more classy managers like Wenger or Pellegrini.

Once again, bowled over by incompetent referees. The only sending off was Eto, not once but twice. And as far as our squad goes, I wouldn't be surprised if the bringing on of Brad Smith was a plea to FSG to show the lack of quality and depth in the side. Two youths on the bench and this is meant to be a club aiming for Champions League, and Chelsea were the better side, barring a few moments such as the first 20 minutes in the second half. I thought Henderson and Sterling were two positives, they seemed very positive going forward. Yes, they were not magnificent but they looked more likely to make something happen than the rest of the team.

As for Aspas, does anyone wonder why he was brought to the club? Was he Rodger's signing or this 'committee'. He has hardly been given any games and as such, looked like he lacked any match sharpness. I wouldn't be surprised if the committee overruled Rodgers on this one - perhaps Rodgers was unsure but the committee said 'he's only £6 million, we'll get him anyway'.

Perhaps lack of game time is to undermine this committee?
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #577: Dec 29, 2013 06:30:14 pm
      Anybody got the final stats for the calendar year? W/L/D GD?
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,941 posts | 285 
      Re: LIVE: Chelsea VS Liverpool
      Reply #578: Dec 29, 2013 06:30:17 pm
      F**k off Brendan - "Howard was fantastic". Stop kissing ass, and stand up for the fans and the club.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #579: Dec 29, 2013 06:31:20 pm
       :couch:

nah, F**k it, I'm staying behind the sofa til the wums who come out the woodwork when we lose have gone.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #580: Dec 29, 2013 06:32:05 pm
      Not sure how bad Glen needs to do before Kelly gets a game. Most of their attack is on our right side, does it not suggests that we have big problem with our right side defence.

Easy one. Brendan should revert back to three Central Midfielders like this;

SM
      KT MS DA
         LL JA
      RS JH VM
           PC
           LS
      Then when Sterling gets spent, bring Johnson on as a sub. That should fix him.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,716 posts | 7164 
      Reply #581: Dec 29, 2013 06:32:16 pm
      wish Brendan would grow a pair. How he isn't furious that ETO wasn't sent off or we didn't get a penalty is mindblowing. He should be on the phone to JH now demanding support.
      just watched Wisdom set up a fantastic cross for Derby and yet we haven't got any full backs.WTF is going on.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,431 posts | 6422 
      Reply #582: Dec 29, 2013 06:33:30 pm
      F**k off Brendan - "Howard was fantastic". Stop kissing ass, and stand up for the fans and the club.

He had his rant after the last match. If he does it again he's sure to get a sizable punishment. Plus I don't want us to be the club that is constantly whining about the refs. We got the lesser end of a few calls today, no doubt but did anyone really expect Webb to do a good job?  Let's put this behind us and focus on the things we can control moving forward.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,506 posts | 2871 
      Reply #583: Dec 29, 2013 06:33:42 pm
      Jose had a plan and his players executed it perfectly. They were all over us, didn't let the early goal get to them and fully deserved three points. They were nibbling away all game whenever we got into a promising position but it's up to the ref to sort that out, can't really blame Jose for using that tactic after seeing how dangerous we were against City.

Wasn't really much Brendan could have done to change things. I do agree bringing on Smith was bizarre but maybe it will be food for thought for FSG. There's quality in this team no doubt but that's just it. A quality team but not a quality squad and it showed today.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,716 posts | 7164 
      Reply #584: Dec 29, 2013 06:34:09 pm
      like I said he needs to grow a pair and stand up for himself and stop being a yes man
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #585: Dec 29, 2013 06:35:26 pm
      I think on a whole we played well against City and lost and poor against Chelsea and lost. Both hard away games that 9/10 top 4 teams will do well to get 1 point against.

We have some massive games coming up, MASSIVE one against Hull to get back to winning ways. Then all going well I think our season will be defined against Everton and Arsenal. Both home games and if we win them and win our other home away games up till the Arsenal match I think we will be back in 3rd/4th position.

Damn this league is tight
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,716 posts | 7164 
      Reply #586: Dec 29, 2013 06:35:41 pm
      He had his rant after the last match. If he does it again he's sure to get a sizable punishment. Plus I don't want us to be the club that is constantly whining about the refs. We got the lesser end of a few calls today, no doubt but did anyone really expect Webb to do a good job?  Let's put this behind us and focus on the things we can control moving forward.
      UTD Chelsea and Arsenal have over the past decade put pressure on the REFS and have won the most .
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #587: Dec 29, 2013 06:36:03 pm
      wish Brendan would grow a pair. How he isn't furious that ETO wasn't sent off or we didn't get a penalty is mindblowing. He should be on the phone to JH now demanding support.
      just watched Wisdom set up a fantastic cross for Derby and yet we haven't got any full backs.WTF is going on.

First of all, BR didn't say anything about the referee because he's already being 'investigated' for his comments the last day. He would only be digging a hole if he said something.

Second of all, I'm nearly certain that by putting Smith and Rossiter on the bench today it was a signal to the owners of just how bad our squad is. He's a smart lad Brendan and he knew what he was doing.
      Fourbrick3
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts |
      Reply #588: Dec 29, 2013 06:36:04 pm
      As I said after the Man City game, Johnson, Skrtel and Allen should be shipped out soonest.

Johnson has toatlly lost it. the first gaol cam ebcause he wad toatlly out of position and his general  play was awful.
      Skrtel hasn't got a clue. he is more interested in keeping hold of the man rather than attacking the ball.
      Allen just contributes nothing.

(An as someone asked after the City game,  No. I haven't been on anything!)

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #589: Dec 29, 2013 06:36:45 pm
      Goiing to have to re-watch this, between coughing, sneezing & throwing up I missed half of it.  Would it be fair to say that Chelsea were a tad 'physical' and lucky to finish with 11 men on the pitch?
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #590: Dec 29, 2013 06:36:57 pm
      Don't think there is one ref in this league who isn't a complete shithouse.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,716 posts | 7164 
      Reply #591: Dec 29, 2013 06:36:58 pm
      First of all, BR didn't say anything about the referee because he's already being 'investigated' for his comments the last day. He would only be digging a hole if he said something.

Second of all, I'm nearly certain that by putting Smith and Rossiter on the bench today it was a signal to the owners of just how bad our squad is. He's a smart lad Brendan and he knew what he was doing.
      do me a favour Ferguson spent 26 years slagging off refs and didn't get much of a problem
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,716 posts | 7164 
      Reply #592: Dec 29, 2013 06:37:37 pm
      Goiing to have to re-watch this, between coughing, sneezing & throwing up I missed half of it.  Would it be fair to say that Chelsea were a tad 'physical' and lucky to finish with 11 men on the pitch?
      Eto should have been off after 2 mins
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,431 posts | 6422 
      Reply #593: Dec 29, 2013 06:38:12 pm

I think that's a reasonable statement mate. Think their entire back line bar Cole was I a yellow at the end.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #594: Dec 29, 2013 06:39:36 pm
      do me a favour Ferguson spent 26 years slagging off refs and didn't get much of a problem

You want him to get a touchline ban?
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #595: Dec 29, 2013 06:40:32 pm

The downside of the game really. The Chelsea players wanted to get to the ball faster, they closed us down faster and bullied us a lot.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,716 posts | 7164 
      Reply #596: Dec 29, 2013 06:41:56 pm
      You want him to get a touchline ban?
      how many did ferguson get there are ways of doing it without saying how F***ing wonderful WEBB is.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #597: Dec 29, 2013 06:42:11 pm

No you do me a favour and stop slagging off BR every chance you get. Ever since Kenny got sacked you've been moaning at this and that......get over it and move on!!

Also, if Ferguson is your only example of not being charged by his 'buddies' then good luck to you with this argument.

Quick Reply