Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

USA Tour 2014?

Read 4513 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      USA Tour 2014?
      Jan 31, 2014 10:20:52 pm
      Exclusive: Real Madrid, Manchester United, Liverpool And 5 Other Top Teams Heading to United States In July
      EXCLUSIVE: Real Madrid, Manchester United and Liverpool will be among 8 top European teams playing in 12 cities in the 2014 International Champions Cup.

The participating teams that will be officially announced on Tuesday are Real Madrid, Manchester United, Manchester City, AC Milan, AS Roma, Liverpool, Inter Milan and Olympiacos.

The games will be played in 12 cities across the United States — Dallas, Washington DC, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Denver, Miami, Phoenix, Charlotte, Ann Arbor, Hartford, New York and Philadelphia.

The matches scheduled for July 26 through August 4 are as follows:

July 26, 2014

Inter Milan vs Real Madrid — 4pm ET — Phoenix, AZ
      AS Roma vs Manchester United — 6pm ET — Denver, CO
      Olympiacos vs Liverpool — 6pm ET — Chicago, IL

July 27, 2014

Manchester City vs AC Milan — 4pm ET — Pittsburg, PA

July 29, 2014

Inter Milan vs Manchester United — 7:30pm ET — Washington DC
      AS Roma vs Real Madrid — 9:30pm ET — Dallas, TX

July 30, 2014

AC Milan vs Liverpool — 7pm ET — Philadelphia, PA
      Manchester City vs Olympiacos — 9pm ET — New York, NY

August 1, 2014

AS Roma vs Inter Milan — 8pm ET — New York, NY

August 2, 2014

AC Milan vs Olympiacos — 2pm ET — Hartford, CT
      Real Madrid vs Manchester United — 4pm — Ann Arbor, MI
      Liverpool vs Manchester City — 6pm ET — Charlotte, NC

August 3, 2014

Semi-finals to be played at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, FL

August 4, 2014

Final game and third place match to be played at Sun Life Stadium, Miami

This will be the second annual International Champions Cup. The 2013 tournament was a huge success with Real Madrid, Chelsea, Everton, Valencia, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus and LA Galaxy participating.

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/01/31/exclusive-real-madrid-manchester-united-liverpool-and-5-other-top-teams-heading-to-united-states-in-july/#kB6pzewJwgSUI12j.99

Really hope the Reds are coming to Chicagooooooooo
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,595 posts | 7141 
      Re: USA Tour 2014?
      Reply #1: Jan 31, 2014 10:23:08 pm
      I hope we never set foot on the place ever again
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,301 posts | 4948 
      Reply #2: Jan 31, 2014 10:27:25 pm
      I hope we never set foot on the place ever again

Bit much that Walton.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #3: Jan 31, 2014 10:27:51 pm
      Really hope the Reds are coming to Chicagooooooooo

I am praying they come to Chicago, I have been wanting this for a long time!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,595 posts | 7141 
      Reply #4: Jan 31, 2014 10:29:23 pm

just reflect on the turmoil at the club since 2007 until now and then think what is the root cause of this
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #5: Jan 31, 2014 10:30:32 pm
      just reflect on the turmoil at the club since 2007 until now and then think what is the root cause of this

Money spinning overseas pre season tours?

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #6: Jan 31, 2014 10:31:05 pm

A preseason tour of the United States?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,595 posts | 7141 
      Reply #7: Jan 31, 2014 10:31:33 pm
      Money spinning overseas pre season tours?

money for who though not our transfer kitty
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,301 posts | 4948 
      Reply #8: Jan 31, 2014 10:33:24 pm

Pre Season Tours?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,595 posts | 7141 
      Reply #9: Jan 31, 2014 10:36:08 pm

you could go to every Championship side pre season and sell out no doubt about it.Its just an EGO trip theUSA like their own sports they don't even get F! despite Bernie trying for years they get Baseball American football Basketball etc they don't get football
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,301 posts | 4948 
      Reply #10: Jan 31, 2014 10:37:53 pm
      you could go to every Championship side pre season and sell out no doubt about it.Its just an EGO trip theUSA like their own sports they don't even get F! despite Bernie trying for years they get Baseball American football Basketball etc they don't get football

Fair enough but I see no difference going to the US, Australia or the Far East.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,595 posts | 7141 
      Reply #11: Jan 31, 2014 10:40:50 pm
      Fair enough but I see no difference going to the US, Australia or the Far East.

Australia understand the heritage of Liverpool because of the expat communities many of who will still have relative here just ask Crouchino.
      China is open because many people have been so F***ing poor that Sport has yet to enter their lives.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #12: Jan 31, 2014 10:44:18 pm
      Didn't we go to the USA last season? F***ing boring it needs spicing up a bit. Would of been well better doing a South American tour in Brazil, Colombia, Peru, Argentina, Chile, Bolivia & Venezuela rather than another yank trip.

Yawn.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #13: Feb 01, 2014 02:15:35 am
      Pre-season tour in the States? Meh...
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #14: Feb 01, 2014 02:34:13 am
      Pre-season tour in the States? Meh...

sh*t init, just another trip to boost the yank support.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,389 posts | 6404 
      Reply #15: Feb 01, 2014 02:41:12 am
      Be getting back from a mission trip to Guatemala on the 2nd, if we are in the semis or finals I may get a chance to see the Reds in Miami. Only a two hour drive from me!  :scarf: :aaliverpoolwz0: :clap:
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #16: Feb 01, 2014 02:42:00 am
      A disgusting reaction from you walton.

We've got plenty of full on American Reds on this forum and they are deserving of seeing the lads as much as you are.

If true, enjoy it mates
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17: Feb 01, 2014 02:47:14 am
      Surely they must have a NASL team in there, eh?
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #18: Feb 01, 2014 02:47:24 am

We've got plenty of full on American Reds on this forum and they are deserving of seeing the lads as much as you are.

If true, enjoy it mates

Would of much preferred another Asian trip or something new like a tour of Africa for those who don't have the privilege to watch the reds and raised some money over there but no with American owners it's another US trip a money grabbing ego inflating tour eating away at the culture of which is English football.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #19: Feb 01, 2014 02:51:12 am
      Would of much preferred another Asian trip or something new like a tour of Africa for those who don't have the privilege to watch the reds and raised some money over there but no with American owners it's another US trip a money grabbing ego inflating tour eating away at the culture of which is English football.

You watch, 20yrs from now if the sport ever takes grip over there, they'll be adverts every five minutes in-game, time-outs, quarter-time, cheerleaders and dunkin fvcking donuts... Oh wait...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,389 posts | 6404 
      Reply #20: Feb 01, 2014 02:54:19 am
      You watch, 20yrs from now if the sport ever takes grip over there, they'll be adverts every five minutes in-game, time-outs, quarter-time, cheerleaders and dunkin fvcking donuts... Oh wait...

Rotating advertisements on the side and endlines, silly sponsor's names on shirts.....Oh wait.....
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #21: Feb 01, 2014 02:56:06 am

YNWA will be replaced with the Star Spangled Banner and we all have to put our hands on our chests to a picture of Barack Obama getting a blowjob off Michele sponsored by Gatorade.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #22: Feb 01, 2014 03:00:53 am
      Rotating advertisements on the side and endlines, silly sponsor's names on shirts.....Oh wait.....

That's about as far as British razz-ma-tazz goes, fortunately. Nothing compared to the States.

I remember when the Yanks held the WC during the 90's, they actually inquired to change the game, to add quarter time (IIRC) or something like that so they could get their adverts in.

Heaven help football if that Yanks ever fall in love with the beautiful game.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,389 posts | 6404 
      Reply #23: Feb 01, 2014 03:10:49 am
      That's about as far as British razz-ma-tazz goes, fortunately. Nothing compared to the States.

I remember when the Yanks held the WC during the 90's, they actually inquired to change the game, to add quarter time (IIRC) or something like that so they could get their adverts in.

Heaven help football if that Yanks ever fall in love with the beautiful game.

Hate to tell you but many of us have. Our problem is that our sports already have built in abilities to advertise and let's be honest, without ad money and sponsorship money, no sport would make it in this day and age regardless of what country it's played in.

I know you guys don't like Americans because we are all greedy and the cause for the downfall of all things wrong in soceity, and we ruin all of the things that used to be good like "soccer", and we only live to start wars and bathe in the blood of the weak and the poor while burning oil for fun, etc.......but many of you should probably get to know a few of us, come visit our country and actually meet folks that don't just live in the larger cities and metro areas that are only concerned with "living the American dream", buying big houses, fancy cars and the like. There are some of us that don't buy into all that and it's a shame that we get lumped in with the FSG, Glazer, <insert your favorite hated American>, types. 

It's not my fault that John Henry and Tom Werner are idiots. It's not any American's fault that those two bought the club and are running it the way they are. It's not even H&G's fault that FSG are idiots. Yes they seem to be cut from the same cloth, which isn't surprising considering their backgrounds, but there's no reason to use such a broad brush to paint the rest of us like them.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #24: Feb 01, 2014 03:27:15 am

If true, enjoy it mates

Hate to tell you but many of us have. Our problem is that our sports already have built in abilities to advertise and let's be honest, without ad money and sponsorship money, no sport would make it in this day and age regardless of what country it's played in.

I know you guys don't like Americans because we are all greedy and the cause for the downfall of all things wrong in soceity, and we ruin all of the things that used to be good like "soccer", and we only live to start wars and bathe in the blood of the weak and the poor while burning oil for fun, etc.......but many of you should probably get to know a few of us, come visit our country and actually meet folks that don't just live in the larger cities and metro areas that are only concerned with "living the American dream", buying big houses, fancy cars and the like. There are some of us that don't buy into all that and it's a shame that we get lumped in with the FSG, Glazer, <insert your favorite hated American>, types. 

It's not my fault that John Henry and Tom Werner are idiots. It's not any American's fault that those two bought the club and are running it the way they are. It's not even H&G's fault that FSG are idiots. Yes they seem to be cut from the same cloth, which isn't surprising considering their backgrounds, but there's no reason to use such a broad brush to paint the rest of us like them.

Well said guys. I am American and love the team and enjoy the chance to see them. I am up at 6:30 am to watch games. I am not saying this makes me a super fan but shows how much I love the team. Like FL Red said can't paint is all with the same brush.

If this is true, I will definitely be going to the Chicago game and hope to take my dad as he will not fly, so this would be his only chance to see them.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #25: Feb 01, 2014 03:37:40 am
      I'm delighted with this news, since Charlotte is only 2 hours away (last time I had to drive 6 hours to Baltimore to watch the Spurs game). My only concern is we'll probably see mostly reserve players, with the World Cup ending in mid-July...
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #26: Feb 01, 2014 09:44:31 am

Don't take it personally mate I don't hate Americans and I certainly don't blame it's citizens for it's geopolitics. I've been to the States twice and found the people their to be very friendly and polite (something Brit's could learn from) but I do prefer our sporting culture - tis all.

Anyway, I think cousin Avi pretty much nailed it:  ;D

Cousin Avi - London

Don't Go To England
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 2836 
      Reply #27: Feb 01, 2014 10:54:17 am
      This will be much better for us than playing all those sh*te Asian sides we usually do.

Hope our US reds can catch a game or two.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #28: Feb 01, 2014 01:24:05 pm
      A US tour though isn't exciting maybe for the yanks on the other side of the pond not for me though. All the yank commentary on NBC and Fox would be too much for me to take.

Should of went to South America, or don't FSG want to upset there US of A brothers & sisters?
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #29: Feb 01, 2014 01:30:28 pm
      Just realised that the World Cup finishes two weeks before so it will just be a squad of reserves same probably goes for the other European teams.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,963 posts | 5019 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #30: Feb 01, 2014 01:47:48 pm

I think the powers at be are trying to change all this Walton, yanks may well have their domestic sports but. 'Soccer' is relatively young in the states but is growing , it matters not where we tour whether that be Asia, Australia etc,
      By holding a pre-season competition in the USA is designed to make 'soccer' more attractive and perhaps bring about further revenue,

Must admit tho mate I'm not convinced either that your average John Doe will grasp the idea and are too set in their ways to accommodate a foreign sport.

YNWA
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,595 posts | 7141 
      Reply #31: Feb 01, 2014 01:53:50 pm

I think the powers at be are trying to change all this Walton, yanks may well have their domestic sports but. 'Soccer' is relatively young in the states but is growing , it matters not where we tour whether that be Asia, Australia etc,
      By holding a pre-season competition in the USA is designed to make 'soccer' more attractive and perhaps bring about further revenue,

Must admit tho mate I'm not convinced either that your average John Doe will grasp the idea and are too set in their ways to accommodate a foreign sport.

YNWA

they will have to concentrate for a full 45 mins plus injury time.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #32: Feb 01, 2014 01:55:22 pm

YNWA

Billy can you imagine football being taken hold of over in the States? Adding all kinds of quarter time sh*t and that into it. Footy is already fu**ed up with the oil Sheikhs and sugar daddies pumping money into it sending the finance sky high trying to ruin the game.

It may be because I grew up in the 80's were it was just English support now it's becoming a worldwide business destroying the culture of it.

Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #33: Feb 01, 2014 02:04:24 pm
      In my opinion Americans will not add any time outs to the game. We are enjoying the game as it is. We have a league and did not add anything to it and it is growing each year. It helps the sport to have worldwide supporters. I have been a fan of the sport since the early 90's and am very glad to see it growing in the States so I can watch any game I would like to on the TV.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #34: Feb 01, 2014 02:20:05 pm

"They" do get football/soccer, and you know they do.

You could say we do not get Basketball, American Football, or Basketball.

So if we did go and go to every Championship side, that would be 24 matches, or do you mean any championship side?

We'd learn a great deal when we play a team like Yeovil would we not?

I would rather the team went to the US than going to 4 or 5 countries in the Far East.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,963 posts | 5019 
      Reply #35: Feb 01, 2014 02:21:12 pm
      they will have to concentrate for a full 45 mins plus injury time.

Yeah that in itself could prove a difficult challenge for most, in my experience their not the brightest of humanoids I've ever come across  ;D

YNWA
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #36: Feb 01, 2014 02:23:54 pm
      "They" do get football/soccer, and you know they do.

You could say we do not get Basketball, American Football, or Basketball.

So if we did go and go to every Championship side, that would be 24 matches, or do you mean any championship side?

We'd learn a great deal when we play a team like Yeovil would we not?

I would rather the team went to the US than going to 4 or 5 countries in the Far East.

American Handegg.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #37: Feb 01, 2014 02:26:32 pm

YNWA

You wouldn't believe the carry on over there Billy they actively suppress football, even refusing to describe it correctly, and are as paranoid as F**k about the national identity thing. The Americans want to march up and down a field all day supporting their national sport with the stars and stripe waving about and the national anthem used to sell hot dogs amongst other things.
      My bro in law has a football academy in Mass. while the uptake is slow their enthusiasm is amazing, every time we go over there he has taken on more staff [mostly ex pat scousers] and he is putting more hours in, he does go to Anfield when he's over for some official meetings, he's made up been die hard red from the cradle. 
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,963 posts | 5019 
      Reply #38: Feb 01, 2014 02:28:15 pm
      Billy can you imagine football being taken hold of over in the States? Adding all kinds of quarter time sh*t and that into it. Footy is already fu**ed up with the oil Sheikhs and sugar daddies pumping money into it sending the finance sky high trying to ruin the game.

It may be because I grew up in the 80's were it was just English support now it's becoming a worldwide business destroying the culture of it.

They would no doubt jazz things up Hollywood style but would still adhere to FIFA rules ,

But your probably right 22 and a half mins in there will be commercials, at 90 they 'll have fireworks, ticket tape and that f***in sh*t Anthem , God bless America eh. !

YNWA

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      Reply #39: Feb 01, 2014 02:40:46 pm
      They would no doubt jazz things up Hollywood style but would still adhere to FIFA rules ,

But your probably right 22 and a half mins in there will be commercials, at 90 they 'll have fireworks, ticket tape and that f***in sh*t Anthem , God bless America eh. !

YNWA

Have you not witnessed an FA Cup or Champions League Final recently?

Remember this?

We have that here now in major finals, we have the CL and EPL anthems.

Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #40: Feb 01, 2014 02:43:13 pm
      Have you not witnessed an FA Cup or Champions League Final recently?

Remember this?

We have that here now in major finals, we have the CL and EPL anthems.

I think he means that cringeworthy Star Spangled Banner anthem. Give it two more years and we'll have cheerleaders, men walking around selling hotdogs and a new name Liverbirds with a ridiculous attempt of a angry Liverbird as the club logo.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      Reply #41: Feb 01, 2014 02:48:47 pm
      I think he means that cringeworthy Star Spangled Banner anthem. Give it two more years and we'll have cheerleaders, men walking around selling hotdogs and a new name Liverbirds with a ridiculous attempt of a angry Liverbird as the club logo.

I agree that the USA do put their Anthem in a lot of sporting events, but that is just the way they are.

They do seen to have an annoying pride for their homeland despite all of its faults don't they? Not like us English who just seem to take the piss and moan about everything English and alien.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,963 posts | 5019 
      Reply #42: Feb 01, 2014 03:09:22 pm
      I have a sister who lives in WI, I went there a few years back visiting, we went to a rodeo show one day and to witness their passion is something to behold, in between events everything stopped so as to belt out the star spangled sh*t, everyone stood, Stetsons off with hand on hearts except me and the missus ( now ex )
      When all the whooping. & hollering had died down we had looks of daggers from all around and made to feel uncomfortable, I'd had a few. 'Buds' and started singing Flower of Scotland I got the first three lines in before I got a sever nudge in the ribs by her, this gobs***e behind wanted to have a pop so I just told him to F**k off in my Glaswegian dulcet tone, I think he got the message,

You can't fault their passion and everyone In their eyes are enemies, but their bark is worse than their bite unless their armed of course.

YNWA
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #43: Feb 01, 2014 03:17:25 pm
      A tour to the USA....really...well there's a surprise!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,389 posts | 6404 
      Reply #44: Feb 01, 2014 03:19:28 pm
      For those that don't think "soccer" is taking hold over here, we now have a viable and sustaining professional (semi-professional by England's standards) league that is getting more popular every year. NBC from what I understand is doing great with their broadcast of EPL games, they are now making every single EPL game available this season either on tv or the internet.

And by the way, some of the big English clubs should be embarrassed with the quietness of their matches, watch a Seattle Sounders game and see how enthusiastic the crowd is for the entire 90+ minutes. Blows away the atmosphere you see at many of the English grounds.

I think it's funny how we have a thread about the atmosphere at Anfield...the most historic stadium in England and we have Reds taking a pop at the matchday crowd..then you want to turn around and point the finger at the US for "ruining" the game or trying to change it. Seems to me there are plenty in England that are doing just fine at ruining it themselves.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #45: Feb 01, 2014 03:35:48 pm
      For those that don't think "soccer" is taking hold over here, we now have a viable and sustaining professional (semi-professional by England's standards) league that is getting more popular every year. NBC from what I understand is doing great with their broadcast of EPL games, they are now making every single EPL game available this season either on tv or the internet.

And by the way, some of the big English clubs should be embarrassed with the quietness of their matches, watch a Seattle Sounders game and see how enthusiastic the crowd is for the entire 90+ minutes. Blows away the atmosphere you see at many of the English grounds.

I think it's funny how we have a thread about the atmosphere at Anfield...the most historic stadium in England and we have Reds taking a pop at the matchday crowd..then you want to turn around and point the finger at the US for "ruining" the game or trying to change it. Seems to me there are plenty in England that are doing just fine at ruining it themselves.

Come on now mate now your just sounding stupid.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,595 posts | 7141 
      Reply #46: Feb 01, 2014 03:37:06 pm
      just making a noise doesn't really make a good atmosphere it has to reflect the tension or the importance of the game. People are going to get caught up in the backlash and as FSG are bunkered down 6000 miles away they haven't even got the chance to come to the games and feel the venom that is starting to build towards them and their project.Scousers may not be the most sophisticated of people but we know sh*te when we hear it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,389 posts | 6404 
      Reply #47: Feb 01, 2014 03:39:03 pm
      Come on now mate now your just sounding stupid.

Not really sure which part you think is stupid, have you ever watched a Sounders game? Those fans show twice as much passion as a lot of English fans who sit on their hands untill their team is actually doing something good. Sounders (and Portland fans come to think of it) are a noisy bunch win lose or draw, the entire 90+.

What do you care anyway, you have already shown you are just here to wind up us yanks. Tool.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,389 posts | 6404 
      Reply #48: Feb 01, 2014 03:39:48 pm

Well yea...you get a lot of practice with the amount of it spouted on here. You included.

At any rate, I'm done with this thread, like any other thread on this forum lately a couple of s**t for brains come in and twist it around to meet their anti-American agenda and take away from what the thread was supposed to be. I'm off to coach my sons' basketballs games. There won't be any sponsors, or national anthems or commercial breaks so maybe it qualifies as a real sport like soccerball.

Peace!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #49: Feb 01, 2014 03:41:20 pm
      just making a noise doesn't really make a good atmosphere it has to reflect the tension or the importance of the game. People are going to get caught up in the backlash and as FSG are bunkered down 6000 miles away they haven't even got the chance to come to the games and feel the venom that is starting to build towards them and their project.Scousers may not be the most sophisticated of people but we know sh*te when we hear it.

Liverpool F.C. & 95,000 Australian fans sing "You'll Never Walk Alone" FULL Dolby MCG July 24,2013

Not a good atmosphere? Bah!

Give credit walton to these folk - they heard Liverpool were coming to their hometown and they turned out in droves replicating a religious experience. I think the pope visiting Brazil only compares! Amazing fans and it heartened me that we have such connections and DEDICATION in the furthest reaches of the globe. Dedication is not just a scouse trait.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      Reply #50: Feb 01, 2014 03:41:54 pm
      Not really sure which part you think is stupid, have you ever watched a Sounders game? Those fans show twice as much passion as a lot of English fans who sit on their hands untill their team is actually doing something good. Sounders (and Portland fans come to think of it) are a noisy bunch win lose or draw, the entire 90+.

What do you care anyway, you have already shown you are just here to wind up us yanks. Tool.

So us Liverpool fans sit on our hands? We are English too you know? You have not been to any English football game so how do you know? The atmosphere in real life is completely different to the atmosphere you hear on your internet stream on Fox Sports.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,595 posts | 7141 
      Reply #51: Feb 01, 2014 03:43:46 pm
      Well yea...you get a lot of practice with the amount of it spouted on here. You included.

At any rate, I'm done with this thread, like any other thread on this forum lately a couple of s**t for brains come in and twist it around to meet their anti-American agenda and take away from what the thread was supposed to be. I'm off to coach my sons' basketballs games. There won't be any sponsors, or national anthems or commercial breaks so maybe it qualifies as a real sport like soccerball.

Peace!

I think the pot is calling the kettle black.you may need that translating but #I say again you will never teach me anything about this club  or football
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      Reply #52: Feb 01, 2014 03:45:53 pm
      As this has migrated into a anti-American / anti-FSG bitchfest this topic is locked.

May be opened again nearer July, or when tour details are published.

Quick Reply