Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Arsenal 12;45 Sat 8 Feb 2014

Read 16899 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Re: Liverpool Vs Arsenal 12;45 Saturday the 8th February 2014
      Reply #138: Feb 07, 2014 03:39:08 pm
      After my predictions against the Villa and the Baggies all I am predicting is that there will be a game of football on Saturday at Anfield!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #139: Feb 07, 2014 04:38:26 pm
      Ray Clemence on twitter: Having played in front of Kop for so many years I'm now going to sit on it for the 1st time to watch @LFC v Arsenal on Saturday! Can't wait!

https://twitter.com/RayClem1

What a servant, what a man!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #140: Feb 07, 2014 05:04:55 pm
      Ray Clemence on twitter: Having played in front of Kop for so many years I'm now going to sit on it for the 1st time to watch @LFC v Arsenal on Saturday! Can't wait!

https://twitter.com/RayClem1

What a servant, what a man!

the man who replaced the flying pig.(although he wasn't fat to be honest)Immaculate goalkeeper it will be a thrill for him and hopefully a good omen for us.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #141: Feb 07, 2014 05:39:50 pm
      Winning the midfield battle here is gonna be vital. They will have at least 4 in midfield, we have to have at least 3 in there. Allen, Gerrard, Hendo for me in midfield with SSS up front.

They'll have a packed midfield of 5 in front of a solid back 4..we need more than 3 in midfield mate, they have quality in that area..i'd have Sterling/Flanagan working the same pattern as they did in the derby for one.Stevie needs to be right in the middle as well.
      Suarez and Studge need to make their 2 centre backs dizzy by swapping sides and running in and around them and suck them in to the tackle in and around the edge of the box and we may get a few dead ball opportunities..
      Game o Chess anyone? ;D
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,356 posts | 1635 
      Reply #142: Feb 07, 2014 05:41:25 pm
      We have this seasons outcome in our own hands for a change ,win this and we are right back in it ,despite all the gloom surrounding us , we should be up for this no questions asked ,we owe these fckers one after the last few years ,2, 1 the reds ,cmon make it happen.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #143: Feb 07, 2014 07:19:13 pm
      We have this seasons outcome in our own hands for a change ,win this and we are right back in it ,despite all the gloom surrounding us , we should be up for this no questions asked ,we owe these fckers one after the last few years ,2, 1 the reds ,cmon make it happen.

Same with Spurs, as we never had such luck at White Hart Lane until....

Same tomorrow please!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,296 posts | 4942 
      Reply #144: Feb 07, 2014 10:08:22 pm
      The tactics for Wenger will be simple, swamp all over Gerrard, give him no time and the rest of the midfield will not be able to carry the fight to Arsenal. Unfortunately I think these tactics will work very well against us and as such we'll have no choice but to play on the counter and drop Henderson/Coutinho deeper.

Agree Luke which is why the line up Saint posted was the best option for us if Allen is fit, and I'm sure someone can let me know irf he is.

It should give us more control in midfield and just play Coutinho in behind the front two but the only problem is the lack of width and protection for our full backs.

Mignolet

Flanagan  Skrtel  Toure  Cissokho

Gerrard  Allen  Henderson

Coutinho

Suarez  Sturridge

Use Raheem's pace off the bench.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 524 posts |
      Reply #145: Feb 07, 2014 10:19:51 pm
      I used to have respect for arsenal and their fans but since the Ozil signing they have become unbearable. So obnoxious. This is from their forum;

'Anyone going up for this, be careful. It's highly likely your car will get jacked. Also, don't worry if you can't understand them - it's just their nature. Oh, and bring a hankie as, if you talk to one of the Scousers, it's highly likely your face will be end up drenched in spit.'.

Roma got punished severely recently for chants not dissimilar to this against Napoli fans. As a former Londoner this makes my blood boil. Win or not tomorrow I hope city or even Chelsea keep them trophyless..,
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #146: Feb 07, 2014 10:27:16 pm
      I used to have respect for arsenal and their fans but since the Ozil signing they have become unbearable. So obnoxious. This is from their forum;

'Anyone going up for this, be careful. It's highly likely your car will get jacked. Also, don't worry if you can't understand them - it's just their nature. Oh, and bring a hankie as, if you talk to one of the Scousers, it's highly likely your face will be end up drenched in spit.'.

Roma got punished severely recently for chants not dissimilar to this against Napoli fans. As a former Londoner this makes my blood boil. Win or not tomorrow I hope city or even Chelsea keep them trophyless..,

You get stupid fans everywhere mate nothing to get stressed about I'm sure there is plenty of decent Arse fans around..............ooh err Mrs!

johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 995 posts | 69 
      Reply #147: Feb 07, 2014 10:35:59 pm

Really hope Luis has a good game and bags a couple in front of the kop.
      I really hope the team plays to our strengths and not worry too much about theirs.
      Remember we are liverpool at home. Let them worry about what we are going to do not the other way round. We should have no fear and if we get a couple of goals, go on and get a couple more. Let's give them a beating . Send a message to the other teams , we aren't going away
      MsGerrard
      Reply #148: Feb 07, 2014 11:21:05 pm
      Simple, if we play like we did against Everton, we'll win.

Want to see the same passion that we had against the Bitters and the Arse wont stand a chance but that all important early goal is a must. Looking forward to my 3rd game on the trot, costing me a fortune but I love it.

Anfield here we come in about 8 hours time.....I'd better get some sleep.

2-1 to us I reckon, come on you red men xx
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #149: Feb 07, 2014 11:29:13 pm
      I'm worried about this fixture, even without a few players, Arsenal are a good side.  Personally I'd drop Coutinho for this one.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #150: Feb 07, 2014 11:32:36 pm
      I'm worried about this fixture, even without a few players, Arsenal are a good side.  Personally I'd drop Coutinho for this one.

That's the kind of formation I'd expect us to see play under Woy mate. Don't agree with that at all. They are coming onto our turf, we go out to win and set the record straight for the twatting they gave us last time, not settle for a draw and damage limitation like that formation looks like.

Baring that in mind, if that was the formation and we won then I'd think it's bloody genius  :laugh:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,296 posts | 4942 
      Reply #151: Feb 07, 2014 11:42:10 pm
      In attack

In defense

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #152: Feb 08, 2014 12:05:49 am

we'd get battered with that. No width upfront. We ain't parking the bus for 90mins.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #153: Feb 08, 2014 12:10:52 am
      I do like this but I'd slightly tweak the attack.  I'd rather have a typical front 3 with Suarez and Coutinho on the left and right with Sturridge slightly in front of them in the middle. Your formation is good with Coutinho playing behind the front two, but I'd rather have the width going forward than being centralised.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #154: Feb 08, 2014 12:17:33 am
      we'd get battered with that. No width upfront. We ain't parking the bus for 90mins.

It's actually based on counter-attacking, Gerrard, though in my diagram is playing behind the defence, is playing a sweeper role and would step out and give us an extra man in the middle of the park at times, much as he has in recent weeks.  Sterling and Henderson have bags of energy and can help protect our full backs & get forward.   
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #155: Feb 08, 2014 02:02:23 am

What do you call Gerrard's position in this formation? Attacking goalkeeper?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #156: Feb 08, 2014 02:17:58 am
      What do you call Gerrard's position in this formation? Attacking goalkeeper?

Sweeper and traditionally, in formation charts they are shown behind the back four, though it doesn't mean that's how/where they'll play.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #157: Feb 08, 2014 03:38:53 am
      Sweeper and traditionally, in formation charts they are shown behind the back four, though it doesn't mean that's how/where they'll play.

Never seen that. To be fair.

Gerrard will be played in the midfield. Because he drops between the center halves in possession doesn't make him a sweeper.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #158: Feb 08, 2014 07:28:07 am
      I sort if get people's apprehension Arse are a good side even with their current injuries , but their not the invincibles, they believe it or not are as worried about us as we are of them, I'd say I was concerned rather than worried,
      We are at home, we 'll have  46000 passionate screaming fans giving their all,
      We have probably the second best strike force in the league on fire , scoring and creating plenty, we have young hungry players playing with smiles, playing with confidence, playing with fire and desire , we have Stevie G the best ever player of his generation, who says we can't f***in win, let me guess the scouse hating media, what do they know?

WE will win today, we will prove all the doubters wrong , we will hammer another nail into the fence sitters coffins,

Because I believe, I believe we are capable of beating anyone whether that be Arse today, Citeh tomorrow, plastic KUNTS Monday, and I believe in Brendan I believe he will have his players fired up like did against blueshite, he will get it right today the lads will get it right today, WE WILL WIN today , I can feel it in my bones ,

LIVERPOOL 3-1, Suarez, Sturridge Skrtle

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS

YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6403 
      Reply #159: Feb 08, 2014 07:43:36 am
      Why is every game seem like it's the most important one of the season?

I hope we smash the Arse but I have to admit I'm a bit anxious for this one.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #160: Feb 08, 2014 08:06:17 am
      Sorry Mr Wenger, it's worse than we thought,  I've looked at your title challenge, and it looks like the wheels are about to come off!
      « Last Edit: Feb 08, 2014 10:50:16 am by ORCHARD RED »

Quick Reply