Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

FA Cup; Arsenal Vs Liverpool; 16th Feb 2014; 4pm

Read 18645 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,870 posts | 6808 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: FA Cup; Arsenal Vs Liverpool; 16th Feb 2014; 4pm
      Reply #115: Feb 15, 2014 10:26:19 pm
      Their fans are bricking it and they're pi**ed at Wenger 'cos they know he's going to rest players in the hope of beating Bayern and winning the CL  :o

We're going all out to win every game till the end of the season and we'll have 2 trophies and they'll have none  ;D  again  :lmao:

Yeah baby, spot on and Maureen will call Wenger a "failure" again.  ;D

DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #116: Feb 16, 2014 03:56:59 am
      i'm buzzing for this game.... lets hit them crazy fast and hard!  score a few goals and watch them crumble.

LETS DO IT LADS!
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #117: Feb 16, 2014 04:09:38 am
      Yup let's smash these overhyped lot.
      Don't give our competitor any chance for progression. Keep their morale down. Some talk of a replay. I think Wenger will go for win or loss and would not like a replay. He has to attack and we have to smash these lot 1 - 6. Do a proper demolition job at the Emirates.
      Haven't been this confident to face the Arse in a long time.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #118: Feb 16, 2014 04:40:50 am
      Be a tighter game this one, expect Flamini to do a decent job and for their defensive line to be about 10 yards further back.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #119: Feb 16, 2014 04:46:31 am
      We have to play this game as though it's been played at Anfield.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #120: Feb 16, 2014 06:20:28 am
      They'll most probably play the way they did in the 2nd half of the last game. We must not allow them the time and space on the ball and no chance for any of their players to slip into our box unchecked or crosses from both wings. Get the ball as near as possible to their goal line and their defence will be in sixes and sevens.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #121: Feb 16, 2014 07:22:39 am
      We have to play this game as though it's been played at Anfield.

And get the same result--------PLEASE.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,968 posts | 5027 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #122: Feb 16, 2014 07:39:57 am
      Guinness book of records for most swearing in a forum post?

Your a F**k UP mate ,

Me , Courtesy of PD, I'll have a f***in Fry up,

NOW

F**k OFF WUM
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,968 posts | 5027 
      Reply #123: Feb 16, 2014 07:58:25 am
      Their fans are bricking it and they're pi**ed at Wenger 'cos they know he's going to rest players in the hope of beating Bayern and winning the CL  :o

We're going all out to win every game till the end of the season and we'll have 2 trophies and they'll have none  ;D  again  :lmao:

Nail, hit & head Debs, couldn't agree more,
      Will Wenger crack under the pressure?

I know he's been down this road before but everyone has their breaking point, and gooners patience is waring thin, could yet another potless season be the straw to break the camels back.?

No pressure Arsene.  :f_whistle:

YNWA
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #124: Feb 16, 2014 08:21:58 am
      Arsenal tend to have and end of season dip that arsenal hasn't yet rectified. To be fair though he doesn't do what everyone else does and just throw money at the problem. You think though if Abramovich left chelsea now and they had to exist on earned revenue they would be worse than f*cked and same with city. I hope we rest Sturridge or Suarez and Stevie.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,968 posts | 5027 
      Reply #125: Feb 16, 2014 08:40:56 am
      Why would you rest Sturridge, Suarez or Stevie ?

We have to be ruthless, diluting our X1 strengthens theirs, strike while the iron is hot, grasp any advantage with both hands , ours is having no mid week football and the battering we gave them last week,

They may have the hand stamping Flamini back but he'll prove to be a damp squid if we set about them properly ,

Wenger will want to pass us to death that's his only weapon , so we need to deny them space like last week, get in their faces, don't give them an inch, harass them into mistakes,

We score early mentally their fu**ed, and we could have another rout to celebrate,

I say get after them from that first whistle with relentless pressure and get that initial goal, and watch them disintegrate before your very eyes.

YNWA
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #126: Feb 16, 2014 08:54:57 am
      Why would you rest Sturridge, Suarez or Stevie ?

We have to be ruthless, diluting our X1 strengthens theirs, strike while the iron is hot, grasp any advantage with both hands , ours is having no mid week football and the battering we gave them last week,

They may have the hand stamping Flamini back but he'll prove to be a damp squid if we set about them properly ,

Wenger will want to pass us to death that's his only weapon , so we need to deny them space like last week, get in their faces, don't give them an inch, harass them into mistakes,

We score early mentally their fu**ed, and we could have another rout to celebrate,

I say get after them from that first whistle with relentless pressure and get that initial goal, and watch them disintegrate before your very eyes.

YNWA

Exactly.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #127: Feb 16, 2014 08:55:48 am
      I think it was just EPL games, but although Luis was second, he had played 200 mins less than Giroud.

Nothing in the article really.
      Thanks Pups, I was just wondering. I'm guessing it must be more than just Premier League tho' as both Rodriguez and Lambert have played more minutes. As you say a nothing article really.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #128: Feb 16, 2014 09:16:14 am
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: not once have I said that, show me the quote in a link.

He F***ing makes it up as he goes along, totally amazed that he's lasted this long to be honest.
      Never come across such negativity in an LFC supporter - ever.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #129: Feb 16, 2014 09:26:54 am
      Same side that beat them last time. I think someone said that Hendo could be out so I'm guessing that Allen will play in that pressing role alongside Coutinho. If Agger is fit then yes start him but I wouldn't rush him back just in case he gets injured again. This will be like another game to us, not so for Arsenal though, they have to think about the Bayern game next week. I'm expecting a win here 3-1 to the reds.
      Danny2304
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 663 posts |
      • Stairway to heaven
      Reply #130: Feb 16, 2014 09:49:54 am
      Go out there and smash them don't give a sh*t if it's at the emirates..... Smash them and their oh holier than thou fans
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #131: Feb 16, 2014 11:00:55 am
      Can't believe some posters on here. It's not like we're in the Champions League or anything. Hell, we're not even in the Carling Cup. It's Arsenal in the FA Cup for gods sake, we should be going completely full strength for this. Our next game after this is a full week away. What does that say about LFC if we can't even compete on two fronts, whereas Chelsea and Arsenal are competing on three, and Man City on 4?

I know our squad is thin, but it's not like the Europa League where we play on the Thursday, and then the following Sunday. FA Cup games are on the weekend, and more often than not, the team has a full week to recover until the next EPL game.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #132: Feb 16, 2014 11:01:01 am
      Really interesting one today... Both managers would (behind closed doors) admit that this is not the most critical game ever – and I would guess most fans if offered would take 4th spot over the FA cup win. But that’s for another thread..!

With regards to starting 11 I feel for Wenger more than our BR as he has a lot more pressure on him today, not just for a result but for a decent one. The question is will Wenger break from tradition and do what the Arsenal fans want, or continue to follow his own path..? Personally I think we will see a weaker squad for this game from Arsenal – still a decent team but defiantly weaker than they will be putting out in the Prem / CL. This way he can always (and the fans who I have spoke to) say it wasn’t the ‘real Arsenal’ playing against a full strength LFC who have nothing else to play for – in some backward fashion making them look to be the moral winner.

We will and should be playing a full strength team, going at them and aiming to have the Emirates empty by half time – thus helping us in the League. A win again today will do wonders for our fans and players – it will also, start to crush the Arsenal fan base and players. I’m going to go out on a limb here, they won’t beat Munich and then they face Stoke away, Chelsea, Man City, Munich, Everton and Spurs before the end of March. This could be a really rough run for them and I would like to think it has started with our mauling and the Utd draw. They could drop serious points here allowing us to move up the table.

For me this game has massive implications – more so than just the cup. So when I say BR and many fans don't really care I believe they actually should care, a hell of a lot..!

I think it will be a tough game, against a well drilled machine, however an early goal and it could be another amazing afternoon for us!
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #133: Feb 16, 2014 12:07:15 pm
      We  must just play like the last time      .....smash them from the  first minute   
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #134: Feb 16, 2014 12:14:33 pm
      I thought last weekend was going to be a close run thing, so no way am I going to try and predict this. ;D
      rossyred

• 9,312 posts | 1671 
      Reply #135: Feb 16, 2014 12:29:21 pm
      Rest players?? no this is a great chance to progress and send a clear message last week was no fluke. Resting players has become to easy a kop out to use , do you see Suarez being rested when he puts more of a shift in then any other player and look at his injury record .No game midweek go out and blitz them again although doubt it will be that open this time round.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,968 posts | 5027 
      Reply #136: Feb 16, 2014 12:35:45 pm
      I thought last weekend was going to be a close run thing, so no way am I going to try and predict this. ;D

Can't you just predict that we won't lose    ;D

YNWA

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #137: Feb 16, 2014 12:52:23 pm
      I would play our second string, if we have one. I'd give Agger a run and then sub him.      Kelly          Agger           Toure         Cissokho                                Henderson Allen                                      Texiera                       Alberto                               Ibe                                        Aspas

So what you're really trying to say Vulcan is, lets get out of the F.A. cup, at the next available opportunity eh.

Quick Reply