Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match:

01 Jones
      1 (1%)
      38 Flanagan
      1 (1%)
      20 Cissokho*
      0 (0%)
      08 Gerrard
      31 (30.4%)
      37 Skrtel
      1 (1%)
      05 Agger
      0 (0%)
      24 Allen
      0 (0%)
      10 Coutinho
      1 (1%)
      15 Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      07 Suarez
      18 (17.6%)
      31 Sterling
      49 (48%)
      14 Henderson (Sub*)
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Arsenal 2:1 Liverpool (FA Cup) In game & post match debate.

Read 31563 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Live: Arsenal vs Liverpool (FA Cup)
      Reply #506: Feb 16, 2014 08:13:13 pm
      not luck mate... he needs about 10-15 pounds of muscle.  he definately has skill but gets physically bossed around too much.

Ok, but irrespective of that, he could have ended the game with a couple of assists. It would have done his confidence a lot of good.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #507: Feb 16, 2014 08:13:23 pm
      Hate to Bolden this part of your post as I agree with the rest of it but f**k, I hate losing and I do mind losing, especially when we batter a team for the majority of a match. Does my f**king head in that we can play so well but come away with absolutely nothing. Feeling right f**king depressed and shattered at the moment.  :f_wah:

I hear you mate. It hurts bad! Villa, Hull and Southampton were a lot harder to deal with than today.

We need to sort out our defense for us to progress to the next stage. Right now we are definitely a top four squad. In order to progress to top of the league, we need to cut out the studid errors.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #508: Feb 16, 2014 08:15:00 pm
      Oh, another incident I just remembered, not only should it have been a red card to podolski for his off the ball incident on Suarez, but it should have been another? Didn't monreal go into one of our players ankle(can't remember who) with his studs showing. Such a reckless tackle which could've broken the ankle.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Arsenal 2:1 Liverpool (FA Cup) In game & post match debate.
      Reply #509: Feb 16, 2014 08:21:30 pm
      A lot of positives to be taken out of todays game and maybe once I get over the disappointment and frustration of losing I may see the brighter side. At the moment I am just pissed off that we lost a game that we should have won.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #510: Feb 16, 2014 08:27:03 pm
      Calmed down a bit now but f**k I hate us losing like that.  I hate losing but when you've played well enough to win but the officials decide the scoreline that really get's my back up.

Played well second half, had enough opportunities to win it, unfortunately for us we just weren't clicking today.  Nothing seemed to come off, through balls were being easily read, we fluffed our lines when through on goal, corners and crosses were woeful, even our free kicks let us down today.

Need to put it behind us and refocus on getting as high up the league as possible.  We've a fairly easy home fixture next weekend whilst our rivals have toughish games midweek and again at the weekend.

Absolutely gutted to be cheated out of another result  :mad:
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #511: Feb 16, 2014 08:36:51 pm
      Calmed down a bit now but f**k I hate us losing like that.  I hate losing but when you've played well enough to win but the officials decide the scoreline that really get's my back up.

Played well second half, had enough opportunities to win it, unfortunately for us we just weren't clicking today.  Nothing seemed to come off, through balls were being easily read, we fluffed our lines when through on goal, corners and crosses were woeful, even our free kicks let us down today.

Need to put it behind us and refocus on getting as high up the league as possible.  We've a fairly easy home fixture next weekend whilst our rivals have toughish games midweek and again at the weekend.

Absolutely gutted to be cheated out of another result  :mad:

Well said Debs. Onwards and upwards.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #512: Feb 16, 2014 08:42:41 pm
      Oh, another incident I just remembered, not only should it have been a red card to podolski for his off the ball incident on Suarez, but it should have been another? Didn't monreal go into one of our players ankle(can't remember who) with his studs showing. Such a reckless tackle which could've broken the ankle.

Certainly did mate and an horrific lunge it was, if right's right reciprocal action should be taken because the ball was long gone and the intention was to damage the player.
      Another Webb F**k up.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #513: Feb 16, 2014 08:54:37 pm
      Not sure if you're serious, I think you are, but I feel exactly the same. I don't wan't LFC to lose any game, but if you're going to lose when sitting fourth with a dozen or so games to go, choose the FA or league cup

We dominated the stats in the game.
      Nearly 60/40% possession.
      Shots taken and shots on target.
      Sh*t ref as we all know.

Some days it doesnt work.
      The Arse know the score (scuse the pun)
      They were celebrating at the end as if they had just won the cup!
      Think more out of relief than anything.... pure relief for them that they didnt get hammered again.

They have some roadblocks ahead.

Cor Blimey ! Your not reading from the same page as me Rushie ?

;D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #514: Feb 16, 2014 08:54:47 pm
      Apart from the end result very pleased with the performance from our lads, on another day Sturridge would have h his scoring hoots in and we would have won comfortably. Agree with the Boss saying the best team lost, apart from the 2 hosts Arse scored I can't remember any other clear chances they created.
      On a final note Webb is a complete c**t.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #515: Feb 16, 2014 08:56:10 pm
      I voted  Sterling for motm not just for his attacking capabilities but his defensive qualities as well . He brings so much to the table now an all round player that can play anywhere on the pitch .
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #516: Feb 16, 2014 09:08:49 pm
      Just had a chance to read some of the posts and got to say I can't see how Allen was as bad as being made out, some crying out Henderson should have been on instead. I think both good players but neither of them are likely to change a game by themselves as seen by the lack of assists by Henderson.
      First full game for Allen after a long injury lay off, just give him a chance.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #517: Feb 16, 2014 09:14:46 pm
      Very disappointing result which by no means was a reflection of the performance put in by the lads. Upsetting to see Daniel sitting there alone in disappoint but at the same time, good to see how much playing for LFC means to him. Could you imagine the same emotions shown for his old club Chelsea? Absolutely not. It just wasn't to be today and no doubt he'll come back stronger. A fantastic player he is and always gives 100%

Can't complain too much with that display. Very unfortunate with refereeing decisions and somewhat wasteful in front if goal. I'd be concerned if we were not creating, but creating seems not to our issue right now. On any other day, we would've smashed them.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #518: Feb 16, 2014 09:18:46 pm
      Just a thought about that penalty that should have been given. As Webb thought it wasn't a penalty then he surely must have thought Suarez dived to which he should have shown him a yellow card.

It's all wrong, if a manager comes out and slates the ref they are forced to explain themselves, if a player does a foul or kicks out or whatever to another player that goes unnoticed by the ref then it is reviewed and action can be taken after the game yet a ref can cost a team a result and not have to explain himself and will still be in charge of a game the following week and at the top competitions in the world. Disgrace.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #519: Feb 16, 2014 09:19:23 pm
      Looks pretty f**kin obvious to me Howard !!!.. Knobhead  >:(
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #520: Feb 16, 2014 09:27:06 pm
      Really pleased with our attitude in the second half, whatever the boss said worked pity about the Arsenal sucker punch with their first attack, but overall we were the better team away to Arsenal which is no mean feat.
      The games over so all we can do is take the positives from it. Sterling is getting better as the season goes on, that's saved us a few quid! Suarez is continually showing why he is the best in the business. Gerrard isn't done after all, so it turns out we don't need a replacement   :D
      We have a boss who appears to be a fantastic man manager, and is getting the best from a small squad.

Feck it, the future's still bright, and I'm still enjoying this season.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #521: Feb 16, 2014 10:01:24 pm
      Didn't get to see this one.  :f_steam:

By all accounts we were a bit unlucky in front of goal and looking at that Suarez tackle by Ox it was a stonewall penalty.

I thought Jones could have done better with Podolski's goal, personally.

Football is a cruel game like that when you're the better team on their own patch and still run out losers.

This, in a weird way should keep the fire in the bellies alight, so I don't think there is any chance of complacency happening next week against Swansea. Hopefully we'll bounce back and rip 'em a new one.

YNWA.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #522: Feb 16, 2014 10:37:54 pm
      Suarez really ought not to exaggerate every challenge. He overreacted, although that was 100% a penalty. Howard Webb knew it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #523: Feb 16, 2014 10:47:00 pm
      Very similar to the Man City result earlier on in the season. Good performance overall when factoring in the second half but the result was decided by not so great finishing from us and, more crucially, appalling refereeing. How this man, Howard Webb, is England's top rated official is beyond me, you and everyone. It's clear he is a bottler from the big decisions and he is clearly not fit enough to referee at the top level he has been assigned to by FIFA and the FA.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #524: Feb 16, 2014 10:57:39 pm
      Very similar to the Man City result earlier on in the season. Good performance overall when factoring in the second half but the result was decided by not so great finishing from us and, more crucially, appalling refereeing. How this man, Howard Webb, is England's top rated official is beyond me, you and everyone. It's clear he is a bottler from the big decisions and he is clearly not fit enough to referee at the top level he has been assigned to by FIFA and the FA.

wallbanger 5d
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #525: Feb 16, 2014 11:08:32 pm
      Thats three games where poor refereeing has cost us
      man city  blatant poor call offside clearly shown it wasn't
      chelsea ego abusing saurez by hacking him. no penalty given

now arsenal  convincing video evidence that it was a penalty
      did you notice these teams are above us. the system is corrupt and sleazy and unaccountable.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #526: Feb 16, 2014 11:10:38 pm
      Thats three games where poor refereeing has cost us
      man city  blatant poor call offside clearly shown it wasn't
      chelsea ego abusing saurez by hacking him. no penalty given

now arsenal  convincing video evidence that it was a penalty
      did you notice these teams are above us. the system is corrupt and sleazy and unaccountable.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #527: Feb 16, 2014 11:19:39 pm

3 huge results have been cost there, especially the City one!!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #528: Feb 16, 2014 11:20:49 pm
      Slept through this my alarm didn't go off.

Watching the replay now and ten minutes in we should have been up 2-0. Too dissapointed to watch the rest of the match seeing the penalty incident too it's sickening. Agent Webb does it again disgraceful.

Quick Reply