Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Does the Skrtel-Sakho partnership work?

Read 13739 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Does the Skrtel-Sakho partnership work?
      Reply #69: May 07, 2014 03:11:22 pm
      I honestly and truly believe that if we still had Carra, we'd have probably won the title by know

We are screaming out for a leader in the back
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #70: May 07, 2014 03:11:55 pm
      A good shout , he could have been our manager after Kenny went first time and there's no doubting he has the knowledge of defence .
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #71: May 07, 2014 03:20:36 pm
      I think we all agree that our defence is dodgy , but for us to get the best we need to get a defencive coach in . In the summer Rodgers needs to concentrate on the defence first and foremost , we're blue in the face in saying it for ages that it has been our Achilles heel ,ffs even the dogs on the streets know it .
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #72: May 07, 2014 04:42:37 pm
      Want to concede less goals?  Make sure every player is committed to winning the ball back. Certain players give their all, like suarez or Henderson.  Make them our examples of how to play. If not, ship them out. ..

What about Stevie?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #73: May 07, 2014 04:51:37 pm

we already know which players give their all.

nice try ;-)

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #74: May 07, 2014 04:55:08 pm
      :D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #75: May 08, 2014 12:28:26 am
      I think rather like Brendan has said about Suarez and Sturridge up front, Sakho and Skrtel are two talented players rather than a genuine partnership. I would prefer to see them working together rather than as two separate entities. I appreciate it is more difficult as Brendan prefers our CB's to split when we have the ball, but when we defend they should be working in tandem rather than each going their separate ways.

I believe if we are going to continue to play in the same fashion we need better to make it work. The mancs have always played with separated CB's but they had genuine pace that ours haven't and full backs that were comfortable coming inside to cover.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #76: May 08, 2014 02:03:27 am
      Quite a lot given the statistics.

How's it on bluemoon?  ;)

Go on then, smart ass.

How many times have we conceded a goal when an opposition striker beats the offside trap and runs through to score?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #77: May 08, 2014 02:17:17 am
      Barely half a season for an injured Sakho, settling in to a new league.  Think the partnership can and will do better.
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 10 
      Reply #78: May 10, 2014 10:17:47 pm
      Hyppia was good ................Henchoz I used to shut my eyes.

Skrtel Agger yes.  There is established telepathy and that should have been the combo.

Sakho has to convince me. Still plays the odd short " Im In A Panic" pass under pressure. Other teams have sussed.

Quite frankly we could have done some good for the team instead of some of the sh*te we bought last summer.

This is the Premiership.
      You dont throw away a 3 goal lead for whatever reason. Not if you are a top four club. Thats insanity and naivety.

I have to agree with the sakho comment eurored, he looked dodgy against chavs and palace, also i dont think he speaks english yet so he cant be expected to be a carra type figure to marshall the defence when he has got problems with the lingo
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #79: May 10, 2014 10:38:18 pm
      I have to agree with the sakho comment eurored, he looked dodgy against chavs and palace, also i dont think he speaks english yet so he cant be expected to be a carra type figure to marshall the defence when he has got problems with the lingo

He fluffs about . For a guy of that size you expect him to dominate positions.
      You can see the relief when hes got rid of the ball.

Cissokho is even worse.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #80: May 10, 2014 11:41:16 pm
      He fluffs about . For a guy of that size you expect him to dominate positions.
      You can see the relief when hes got rid of the ball.

Cissokho is even worse.

That probably ranks amongst one of the most ridiculous posts I have read on here for a while, considering the time you posted I will put if down to to alcohol.

Cissokho fair enough.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #81: May 11, 2014 12:27:57 am
      That probably ranks amongst one of the most ridiculous posts I have read on here for a while, considering the time you posted I will put if down to to alcohol.

Cissokho fair enough.

FYI I dont drink.

For your further information you can shove your opinion where you want to.

A friend of Hollywoods ?

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #82: May 11, 2014 08:51:23 am

Actually, I think Eurored has got a point. Sakho is a mystery to me too. He tends to pass the ball well enough, but man oh man does he look the single most uncomfortable player doing so. He looks like he's putting way too much effort in his passing, like he's digging the ball out of the turf. Then there's those last second diving tackles he does that brings around a collective pause amongst LFC supporters. And against Chelsea, for such a big strong lad, Demba Ba man handled him like a small child and bullied him off the ball nearly every time.

And that's how it is. I didn't just make all that up, that's exactly how I see the lad as a player. He's effective, but he's about as elegant as Rigobert Song on steroids. I'm not saying he can't play, I'm saying he looks terrible the way he plays. There's a difference there.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2014 10:37:42 am by Rush »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #83: May 11, 2014 10:21:49 am
      Sakho does have strange pass. Almost like the way you would concentrate to pass the ball with your wrong foot.

Quick Reply