Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Liverpool and Suarez contract clause

Read 9367 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Liverpool and Suarez contract clause
      Reply #69: Mar 04, 2014 07:24:09 am
      Who gives a sh*t?

They bid, we rejected, Luis stayed, signed a new contract and now we're second in the league and above them.

If anyone thinks this is going to potentially derail our season need their paranoid head examined!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #70: Mar 04, 2014 08:06:56 am
      Who gives a sh*t?

They bid, we rejected, Luis stayed, signed a new contract and now we're second in the league and above them.

If anyone thinks this is going to potentially derail our season need their paranoid head examined!

Yeah, I'm quite perplexed as to why this is such a big deal. Besides those who see it as a good excuse to bash the ownership, I really don't see why this is being talked about seriously.

For me, I just had a boss laugh at the F***ing dim tw*t who started this whole #FreeSuarez thing and moved on with my day. Non-issue, this.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2853 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #71: Mar 04, 2014 09:18:24 am
      Yeah, I'm quite perplexed as to why this is such a big deal. Besides those who see it as a good excuse to bash the ownership, I really don't see why this is being talked about seriously.

For me, I just had a boss laugh at the f**king dim tw*t who started this whole #FreeSuarez thing and moved on with my day. Non-issue, this.

I think there's a fear amongst Liverpool fans or a fair percentage that when were doing well we derail ourselves by doing or saying things off the pitch that don't need saying or doing. Were going great last thing we need is the press having anything even just 1 quote to feed off to make a big thing from nothing.

If the owner wanted people to know hes ballsy he could have done it on May 12th when the season was over. If we now hit a wall it will be blamed on this even though it most likely will have nothing to do with any collapse that might come
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #72: Mar 04, 2014 09:19:59 am

For me, I just had a boss laugh at the f**king dim tw*t who started this whole #FreeSuarez thing and moved on with my day. Non-issue, this.

Totally agree. Maybe JH would have been better keeping stum, but I'm not going to lambast him for it, I'm just glad they did what they did and Luis is still our player.
      As far as I'm concerned it's the media doing what the media do, trying to stir things up, let's not give them any ammunition.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #73: Mar 04, 2014 10:08:13 am
      Arsenal fans can F**k off with thier petition, the media can get fu**ed with their sh*t stirring. 10 games to go, that's all that matters....full steam ahead!
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #74: Mar 04, 2014 12:26:52 pm
      If you read between the lines, JW is only saying "Blah Blah Blah, my pipi is bigger than yours"

But at least it proves that Luis was acting in good faith, even when he was wrong.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,118 posts | 3370 
      Reply #75: Mar 04, 2014 12:49:12 pm
      It's been said, tough sh*t. Can't change the past.

Should of kept his mush shut but he hasn't. Move on.

Suarez is our player, Suarez is gonna lead us to the League Title.

Liverpool fans rejoice.

Arsenal fans sulk over yet another trophyless year and Wenger explains that his "young side" will come good in three or four years time when they're all ready to take active roles in Dad's Army. And the greatest foreign manager to ever coach in this League goes even closer to a full decade without any silverware in his possession. 

Business as usual.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #76: Mar 04, 2014 01:06:33 pm
      Interesting, how Luis argued that "promises" had been broken but made no mention of a buy-out clause in his contract.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #77: Mar 04, 2014 01:41:38 pm
      Just one question :

What will happen if Arsenal sue us now they have a proof we lied about the buy out clause ?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 455 
      Reply #78: Mar 04, 2014 01:48:26 pm
      I find this refreshing.  The owners are trying to get credit and telling us that tried their utmost to keep Suarez.   They are confirming that there was a clause in the contract of 40m.   At the end of the day no one came that tickle Suarez's fancy.  If Madrid try to activate the 40m it would have been different.   

The good thing out of this for me is that the owners have come out took the credit.  But also told us that they want to keep him in the long run.  For me I had a feeling that he will be sold in the summer if the offer on the table is reasonable.  They have now showed their cards coming to the end of the season.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #79: Mar 04, 2014 01:53:28 pm
      Just one question :

What will happen if Arsenal sue us now they have a proof we lied about the buy out clause ?

They, Arsenal that is, can't sue now and couldn't sue then either, they don't/didn't have a contract with us.  If anyone was/is going to sue it would be Luis but seeing as he didn't push for the move at the time and has since signed a new and improved contract since I don't see there's an issue.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,361 posts | 1013 
      Reply #80: Mar 04, 2014 04:44:00 pm
      How can anyone think Arsenal can sue us, as I understood it, the clause was looked at by the PFA and their legal eagles, and they said that it was not a buy out clause, just a clause that said we would talk to whoever came in with a bid over £40m. They offered £1.00 over and we spoke to them and told them to s*d off. If anyone is being made to look foolish, it's Arsenal for trying to be too clever!
      As for Arsenal fans and their 'Free Luis', I suggest a 'Free RVP' campaign maybe more apt!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #81: Mar 04, 2014 07:08:34 pm
      It's been said, tough sh*t. Can't change the past.

Should of kept his mush shut but he hasn't. Move on.

Suarez is our player, Suarez is gonna lead us to the League Title.

Liverpool fans rejoice.

Arsenal fans sulk over yet another trophyless year and Wenger explains that his "young side" will come good in three or four years time when they're all ready to take active roles in Dad's Army. And the greatest foreign manager to ever coach in this League goes even closer to a full decade without any silverware in his possession. 

Business as usual.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      This ,

John Dubya needs to learn when to keep his gob shut, simples , we all know our poisonous media will go to any lengths to grab a exclusive and F**k the consequences, especially when it concerns LFC,

There are two things that spring to mind here, the still naivity of JWH  regarding our media fuckwits & mountains made out of molehills,

So F**k Arsenal,their fans the media fuckwits and every other anti-Liverpool FC bollocks,
      Get used to this sort of sh*t people we 're back and the haters out there are sharpening their knives.

YNWA

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #82: Mar 05, 2014 09:53:12 am
      Not that I think this is a conversation worth having, as it really is being overblown by our own support as much as the media right now - but, here's a link to video of this whole thing.

It's really John just in a casual conversation/interview setting answering questions. And what he says really isn't at all saying they just ignored a contract clause, more a general bemusement at the idea of a "contract" in football and the Suarez saga as an example of that. Whatevs. Moving on. Just thought anyone interested should have a look.

Henry

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #83: Mar 07, 2014 12:49:58 pm
      Not that I think this is a conversation worth having, as it really is being overblown by our own support as much as the media right now - but, here's a link to video of this whole thing.

It's really John just in a casual conversation/interview setting answering questions. And what he says really isn't at all saying they just ignored a contract clause, more a general bemusement at the idea of a "contract" in football and the Suarez saga as an example of that. Whatevs. Moving on. Just thought anyone interested should have a look.

Henry
      he basically said Suarez had a buyout clause but contracts don't mean sh*t. Really sorry but it's facepalm for the club.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #84: Mar 08, 2014 08:39:43 am
      he basically said Suarez had a buyout clause but contracts don't mean sh*t. Really sorry but it's facepalm for the club.

Not at all, he had a clause in which the club had to consider an offer, not acept an offer, I.E. NOT a buyout clause and NOT a release clause.  Even the F.A. stated that it wasn't thus.

If their is a facepalm to be had, it is yours to own.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #85: Mar 08, 2014 05:37:32 pm

He didn't say what constituted the buyout clause. As has been repeatedly mentioned, it had been looked over and proved inconclusive, hence JWH has really only just said what everyone already knew.

Storm in a teacup, this. Thinking this is a face palm on the club is being way too overdramatic, and buying into media BS.

Quick Reply