Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Jon Flanagan
      18 (10.1%)
      Martin Skrtel
      5 (2.8%)
      Daniel Agger
      0 (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      2 (1.1%)
      Steven Gerrard
      126 (70.4%)
      Joe Allen
      6 (3.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      11 (6.1%)
      Raheem Sterling
      1 (0.6%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      2 (1.1%)
      Luis Suarez
      8 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 176

Voting closed: Mar 21, 2014 06:48:35 pm

United 0-3 Liverpool: In-game & post-match hysteria

Read 43199 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: United 0-3 Liverpool: In-game & post-match hysteria
      Reply #598: Mar 17, 2014 09:16:48 am
      What a F***ing excellent team performance - controlled and disciplined.

We dominated them in midfield with each player doing exactly what was required; cutting off any supply line to and from Mata, Rooney and RvP.

Our forwards were always willing; always looking to make runs and kept their hammer throwers defenders on their toes. 

The defence was solid, hard tackling and well drilled to a man, mopping up the very limited chances our midfield let through. Simon had very nearly F**k all to do all day (thanks to some fine displays in front of him) but when called on he made a top class stop.

From front to back and tactically (nice one Boss) that was F***ing brilliant. Yee - F***ing - Haa!  ;D

Sesame Street is brought to you by the letter V today.  :bert: :ernie:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #599: Mar 17, 2014 09:27:47 am
      We got a shitload of penalties simply because they were terrified of the threat presented to them and had no answer to it, the only way they could defend was by using unacceptable methods.
      I did forecast a sending off for the sh*te but for it to be the F***ing liar himself was sweet justice.
      Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #600: Mar 17, 2014 09:54:42 am
      Fair Play to Mark Clattenberg, we should of had another penalty and rafeal should've been sent off but thought he did well considering it was OT. The first penalty could of missed that by accident or on purpose aka mike riley.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #601: Mar 17, 2014 10:10:01 am
      Think he got the simple things right but the big things he did cock up.

Rafael should of gone, we should of got the first penalty appeal and the last while not getting Vidic sent off and Gerrard's yellow was bullshit.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #602: Mar 17, 2014 10:16:13 am
      Think he got the simple things right but the big things he did cock up.

Rafael should of gone, we should of got the first penalty appeal and the last while not getting Vidic sent off and Gerrard's yellow was bullshit.

I think rat boy called it spot on yesterday regarding Gerrards red, clattenburg gave it for the blood, simples.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #603: Mar 17, 2014 10:16:21 am
      United fans showing class again. I heard that chant many times through the game. Can anyone say they heard a chant back to them from our fans?
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #604: Mar 17, 2014 10:45:20 am
      What a wonderful way to get three points. Smashing the Mancs in their own back yard. While Liverpool were not at our very best, we were still so much better than them collectively. Where they looked ponderous and unsure, we were mercilessly direct and brimming with confidence and desire.

Again, and I do feel it bears repeating, the invaluable asset of pace and power was at the heart of the gulf in class. Suarez, Sturridge, Henderson, Sterling, Johnson and Gerrard are all very capable of bursting into dangerous areas, and that threat meant United were always tentative, as evidenced by the multiple fouls, penalties and cards. I love watching Liverpool teams that possess so much sheer pacy menace.

Mig (7) Another rare clean sheet. Had little to do, but made one good save and also claimed a few crosses. Very pleasing

Flanno (8.) Fantastic stuff. He does sometimes need to be a bit more restrained, as he is constantly revving in the red zone, but God Help me, I F***ing love watching him smash into tackles. A few of the players on the receiving end after 'being Flannoed' looked like they'd been through a threshing machine

Agger (7) clobbered by Mignolet but otherwise untroubled. Another fine display.

Skrtel (7) Immovable object. United got nothing out of him or his CB partner.

Johnson (7) United had enough to worry about without Johnson joining in the fun, but he did and was a menace down the flanks, pacy and direct as usual.

Gerrard (8) A colossus. Made United's midfield look a 100 years old. He was sharp, disciplined, a menace with his passing and never took a backwards step. Two nerveless pens, point off the score for hitting the post with the last one. Just fantastic.

Allen (7) Never been a fan, but he had a decent game and worked hard. Together with Henderson, he denied United time and space in the middle. Won a pen too.

Henderson (7) Similar to Allen, he didn't really do an awful lot with the ball, but his energy and pressing ensured that United couldn't either, and he helped win the midfield battle

Sterling (6) not sure his more central role was an unmitigated success, but he's worth a place on the pitch wherever he plays. His industry and speed are huge assets to the team

Sturridge (6) Movement, trickery, pace and skill. Not everything came off, but he gave United's defenders a nightmare of an afternoon

Suarez (7) Probably the player that defenders least look forward to playing against. Perpetual motion, determined, quick, skilful and capable of scoring goals from any angle or situation. Scored again. How boring. A firecracker of a footballer and surely Player Of The Year.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #605: Mar 17, 2014 12:06:08 pm
      That was probably the most insipid Utd performance that I have ever witnessed against us.  As a few have said it was almost an anticlimax as I expected them to be competitive given the recent history (not that I am complaining).

Rogers made comment about dominating the game, and it is players like Hendo and Allen that allow us to dominate while not in possession (if that makes sense).

Thought Stevie's reactions to his goals said volumes about the way we approached the game.  At 1-0 he hardly showed any emotion at all, but after the second it was as if he realised that they had nothing and that was game over.

Interesting performance by Clattenberg - don't like to criticise a ref who has given us 3 pens (especially there) but I also thought he made some odd decisions.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #606: Mar 17, 2014 12:16:09 pm
      Clattenberg was a bit erratic, but that's nothing new from him. He's a total divvy.

I think one of our pens was dubious, but another that wasn't given was deffo a foul. Hard game to ref though, it always is. And he's better than Howard Webb.

And I've just seen that De Gea save from Suarez. How on Earth did he keep that out? Amazing stuff. He was their best player and will win their Player Of The Season. Not that he has much competition.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #607: Mar 17, 2014 12:18:39 pm
      Incredibly hungover but these should help. HD links to the game, interviews & highlights.

http://motd.lfc.vn/man-utd-liverpool-hd-s14-w30/
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #608: Mar 17, 2014 12:32:50 pm
      Manchester United 0 Liverpool 3: the game in numbers
      The ECHO has dug out nine surprising stats from the Reds’ victory at Old Trafford
      1 - The sum total of shots United managed to get on target. Wayne Rooney was the only home player to trouble Simon Mignolet, with the Reds keeper pushing away a shot from the England man just before half time. Liverpool had seven shots on target.

4 - The number of red cards Nemanja Vidic has picked up in matches against Liverpool. He is the first player in the Premier League era to be sent off four times against the same opponent. Previous reds came in September 2008, March 2009 and October 2009 - all wins for Liverpool.

5 - That’s how many goals Steven Gerrard has scored for Liverpool at Old Trafford, more than any other visiting player has managed at the home of the Red Devils in Premier League history. He fired in a penalty in the 4-1 victory in 2009 and scored twice in 2010.           12 - Liverpool keeper Simon Mignolet completed a dozen successful passes in the game - the same number as United striker Robin van Persie.

15 - The number of red cards shown in Premier League matches between Liverpool and Manchester United. The only Premier League fixture with more dismissals is Liverpool v Everton (20).

16 - The number of times Liverpool have scored three goals (or more) in the league this season.

18 - That’s how many passes Lucas Leiva completed after coming on as an 86th-minute substitute. It was more than the entire United team managed (16) in the time the Brazilian was on the pitch.

21 - The number of points Manchester United have won at home this season - the same as Norwich City.

126 - The number of penalties Liverpool have won in the Premier League era, more than any other team.

Echo
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #609: Mar 17, 2014 12:36:07 pm
      Man Utd 0 - 3 Liverpool
      That felt F***ing good.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #610: Mar 17, 2014 12:54:14 pm
      I think Brendan has a hard decision to make for our next game. Does he bring Coutinho back in? I thought the one area that we could have done better was in turning our dominance into goal scoring chances.

I know by the time Coutinho came on the mancs had basically given up, but Coutinho  did give us more creativity and direction.

Very hard to change a team that has just destroyed the mancs, but I think it is something Brendan will think very hard about before we play Cardiff.   
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #611: Mar 17, 2014 12:57:48 pm
      18 - That’s how many passes Lucas Leiva completed after coming on as an 86th-minute substitute. It was more than the entire United team managed (16) in the time the Brazilian was on the pitch.

I like this one.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #612: Mar 17, 2014 01:00:08 pm
      I think Brendan has a hard decision to make for our next game. Does he bring Coutinho back in? I thought the one area that we could have done better was in turning our dominance into goal scoring chances.

I know by the time Coutinho came on the mancs had basically given up, but Coutinho  did give us more creativity and direction.

Very hard to change a team that has just destroyed the mancs, but I think it is something Brendan will think very hard about before we play Cardiff.

Yeah. He seems to be rotating Sterling, Allen and Coutinho in and out.

I'd always go Coutinho and Sterling though
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #613: Mar 17, 2014 01:04:25 pm
      Yeah. He seems to be rotating Sterling, Allen and Coutinho in and out.

I'd always go Coutinho and Sterling though

I think Brendan has finally got to the point of picking 'horses for courses'

He will look at the Cardiff game, see where we can exploit weaknesses, and pick accordingly
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #614: Mar 17, 2014 01:17:00 pm

I like this one.

That's impossible, federer says he's worthless.
      Clattenberg was a bit erratic, but that's nothing new from him. He's a total divvy.

I think one of our pens was dubious, but another that wasn't given was deffo a foul. Hard game to ref though, it always is. And he's better than Howard Webb.

And I've just seen that De Gea save from Suarez. How on Earth did he keep that out? Amazing stuff. He was their best player and will win their Player Of The Season. Not that he has much competition.

That save was a huge amount of luck...if his hand is a few inches one way or the other, that ball still deflects in. Give him credit for the reaction though.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #615: Mar 17, 2014 01:25:48 pm
      What a win! I feel so vindicated in my loyalty to this club. I got a load of sh*t from the usual, bandwagon United supporters here in the US and now seeing them falliing apart is SOOOOOO nice.

I remember the nonstop sh*t bashing from them when we had big issues w/ ownership and debt and finishing out of the CL. When they continued to heap debt onto debt onto debt.....and now that club is fu**ed. Glazers have rolled the dice in leveraging the club and now without the CL money,,,,they are in big trouble.
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #616: Mar 17, 2014 01:57:37 pm
      A brilliant victory against the skiprat mancs to put them down even more oh the joy  ;D, If i was to criticise any player yday of ours it would have to be sturridge at times i felt he tried to do things on his own and lost possession instead of just making a simple pass to Super Suarez.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #617: Mar 17, 2014 02:02:48 pm
      Luis, after he scored, turned back to our fans and was lapping up the occasion and telling our fans to keep singing louder and louder.

Bet he F***ing loved that feeling of scoring against the cu*ts.

Well in Luis lad!
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #618: Mar 17, 2014 02:09:50 pm

It depends upon the formation. With the diamond shape, Sterling's pace makes him the more logical choice to sit at the head of that formation with Allen providing the extra man in midfield. If we play 4-3-3 then Coutinho's superior creativity makes him the better choice over Allen. For me I think it comes down to Home or Away matches. At Fortress-Anfield I don't think we need to worry about that extra man in midfield, were as we do if we're playing away from home.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #619: Mar 17, 2014 05:46:53 pm

F***ing funny that - Fellonya putting his fist in Sterling's face but before he can connect properly Stevie piles in like a F***ing Exocet and does him in, hahaha.
      Brilliant !

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #620: Mar 17, 2014 05:50:23 pm
      F***ing funny that - Fellonya putting his fist in Daniel's face but before he can connect properly Stevie piles in like a f**king Exocet and does him in, hahaha.
      Brilliant !

Loved it, he's always had that protective streak for Raheem. Sideshow Bob was put well and truly in his place, notice Van Pussy wasn't throwing his weight around as usual. When you look around and see Agger, Skrtel and Stevie it's nice for the young and smaller lads to know they've got some serious back-up.

Quick Reply