Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. So who wins it?

Liverpool FC
      185 (75.8%)
      Manchester City
      45 (18.4%)
      Chelsea
      12 (4.9%)
      Arsenal
      2 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 240

The 'Run In'

Read 103934 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: The 'Run In'
      Reply #1173: May 08, 2014 10:53:04 pm
      One thing Ive learned over the last few weeks is how hated we are

Yes, I've noticed that too.
      Road end boy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #1174: May 08, 2014 10:53:20 pm
      I'm gonna say something stupid now, joe cole is gonna win us the league, as he has links with us and we payed him all those wages. Where is everybody gonna be, I think I'll go down town, was at the arkiles for cvs match. If it happens it will make 05 seem like a walk in the park, and the city centre was rocking that night. Great words someone wrote about 89 2012 and karma, I await, my goose bumps keep coming back, something's brewing in the air, it could be a louder ynwa than Istanbul on Sunday, I will hear it from the city centre......here,s hoping
      winnie
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      Reply #1175: May 08, 2014 11:22:44 pm
      My favorite post from West Ham forum:

"Our club versus clubs from Manchester needing points to win the title?

We're gonna win this."

What could I say except: "OOOOHHHHHHH YA BEAUTYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
      WHAT A HIT SON, WHAT A HITT!!!!!

Dear Reds, best wishes from Belgrade, love you so much!

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1176: May 08, 2014 11:25:36 pm
      No One Ever Kicks A Dead Dog .

Haters Gonna Hate .

F**k em ..... exactly ...... we are back .
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,868 posts | 704 
      Reply #1177: May 09, 2014 12:07:45 am
      Quote from isharerushiesbirthday
      I hope you guys don't mind me posting on here, but I have enjoyed your class, humility, quality of chat and respect for one another - something sometimes sadly lacking on 'Bluemoon' so thought I would add a contribution.

Liverpool have been the best team this season as City fans scratch their heads wondering how the hell they have got into this position.

What ever happens on Sunday - good luck - we all know it's not over and nobody has a clue how it'll all end!

City fans know as well as we do, that the league isn't over until the ref blows his whistle at the end of the last game of the season.

Quote from MarkMitt
      As for the city fans, yeah rejoice in your vastly operpaid heroes while you can.  But just remember you've been pushed all the wayby a squad of 17 assembled at a cost of less than your 4 strikers.  Then watch me take the almighty piss when the full force of FFP hits so hard that your superstars leave for greener pastures.  F**k I'll enjoy that!

No it's not bitterness, just can't handle the fact that a sh*te club like city, a club with very little in the way of an illustrious past, now think they're the dogs bollox! YOU'RE JUST A SMALL CLUB WITH MONEY!!

Nobody likes how they're funded, but they still finished well off the pace last year. Splashing the cash is pissing in the ocean if it's not on the right personnel.

If Moores had taken the offer on the table, it could have been us splashing the cash from the oil salesmen instead. You would have handled it perfectly well, and not a single fan would have objected to us blowing 40 million on players. Instead he shook the hands of the Yanks, and the rest is history.
      rez
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #1178: May 09, 2014 12:25:02 am
      I've been listening to this track on repeat over the last few weeks.
      Still getting tingles each time.

Bruce Springsteen - Dream baby dream - Sydney 2014-02-19 multicam, soundboard audio

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1179: May 09, 2014 12:50:32 am
      Ive got another little ditty you might all know

From 4 minutes in.

Liverpool F.C. & 95,000 Australian fans sing "You'll Never Walk Alone" FULL Dolby MCG July 24,2013

Max Volume : Its Tingle Time

No Dramas Ryano .

Hooer  Roo
      « Last Edit: May 09, 2014 01:00:36 am by eurored »
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1180: May 09, 2014 01:06:54 am
      Saw on RAWK - this weekend should be renamed 'Rodgers and Hammers Time'!

Also:

http://allardyceplz.ytmnd.com/
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #1181: May 09, 2014 10:29:41 am
      Hoping that WHU don't sit back and defend - Citeh will do them 6-0 if that happens.

You need to go at this team as their only weak point if their defence.  And that's pretty sh*t hot.

you never know, early goal for West Ham, nerves kick in.

We've had those games this season.  Disallowed goal.  Red card.  Penalty.  Real stinkers.

City are due one, hope tiredness plays a part.

Oh how to win it now, on the final day.  We never do anything easy.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1182: May 09, 2014 12:34:01 pm
      City fans know as well as we do, that the league isn't over until the ref blows his whistle at the end of the last game of the season.

Nobody likes how they're funded, but they still finished well off the pace last year. Splashing the cash is pissing in the ocean if it's not on the right personnel.

If Moores had taken the offer on the table, it could have been us splashing the cash from the oil salesmen instead. You would have handled it perfectly well, and not a single fan would have objected to us blowing 40 million on players. Instead he shook the hands of the Yanks, and the rest is history.

first off, sorry to quote the lot but I'm on my phone.

more importantly though, I personally think the way arsene wenger has done things is the RIGHT way to go in terms of financially stabilising their club.  To do that and hit CL qualification for the last 17seasons has to be applauded. Plus, where is the skill in spending more than your rivals just because you can, over picking quality and working hard to achieve similar results?

I'm glad FSG are not just chucking money at the situation as a quick fix. I think it shows they ARE committed to the cause. They pulled the club back from the brink. I'm sure we don't ever want to be in that horrid situation again.

Rudiboy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #1183: May 09, 2014 12:50:14 pm
      Loving the way Sam Allardyce is talking about wanting Liverpool to win the league and especially for Gerrard. He wants his players to give it everything to spoil Man City's party. Also talks about how Carroll is desperate to be the one who scores the goals. Can this dream actually come true?? My stomach is churning at the thought of how tense this Sunday is going to be!!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,868 posts | 704 
      Reply #1184: May 09, 2014 01:53:22 pm
      Quote from MarkMitt
      I'm glad FSG are not just chucking money at the situation as a quick fix. I think it shows they ARE committed to the cause.

Rather, they've just gone in the opposite direction, and are determined not to spend any money. The last transfer window was a joke. And if that wasn't evidence enough, dare I mention Clint Dempsey?

They're not committed to any cause, the whole point of this club (franchise) in their eyes is get to the European Cup, and get the dosh in. They would take that over winning the league everytime. I would always prioritise the league title over everything else. You can't hold an open top bus parade providing years of cherished memories, on the receipt of 20 million quid and the playing of a theme tune.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #1185: May 09, 2014 04:45:06 pm
      Sometimes I try to reassure myself that, even if we don't win this season, there's always next season and we have so much to be proud of. I think about how it's not the end of the world. But then I watch videos like this and it burns me how bad I want us to win this.

Those eyes at the end...wow.

Liverpool FC - This Is Liverpool FC 2013-2014 (HD)
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #1186: May 09, 2014 05:12:59 pm
      Because they have no class.

but then what do you expect from a club that's had to buy any success they've had with mansurs billions.

Irrespective of how much their side costs. I personally feel like City as a club and their fans as a whole do have class. So I have to strongly disagree. If other big teams in the league are a comparison then City are by far and away classier than most in my eyes. The Hillsborough banner at Anfield proved that aswell. I actually find it difficult to dislike them I must admit.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1187: May 09, 2014 05:20:08 pm
      I find it hard to dislike City for one they are not UTD and secondly their fans the true fans went to hell and back not all that long ago.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1188: May 09, 2014 05:35:29 pm
      Rather, they've just gone in the opposite direction, and are determined not to spend any money. The last transfer window was a joke. And if that wasn't evidence enough, dare I mention Clint Dempsey?

They're not committed to any cause, the whole point of this club (franchise) in their eyes is get to the European Cup, and get the dosh in. They would take that over winning the league everytime. I would always prioritise the league title over everything else. You can't hold an open top bus parade providing years of cherished memories, on the receipt of 20 million quid and the playing of a theme tune.

on the contrary. I firmly believe that they want Liverpool back at the summit of english and European football.  Last transfer window was horrid in that recognised players were left to get away from us, ie. Willian, Salah and Konoplyanka.

But in the previous window we bought in players that have barely been used! Seriously,  what was the point of Alberto and Aspas?

I think this time round we'll see Brendan manage to get the majority of the  players he wants in no small part to the great season he's had. Yes, the yanks want to pull in  the cash from CL, as does every other challenger in the various top leagues throughout Europe. But that in turn becomes the carrot to prospective signings.

ultimately I do believe they want us back at the top though.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,297 posts | 2842 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1189: May 09, 2014 08:11:16 pm
      Fat Sam saying he wants to see Stevie winning the title and wants to spoil the party for city. Its a positive
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1190: May 09, 2014 08:16:02 pm
      Fat Sam saying he wants to see Stevie winning the title and wants to spoil the party for city. Its a positive

I can cope with the despair its the hope that's F***ing with my head
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1191: May 09, 2014 08:20:57 pm
      With hindsight and no matter what happens.....

Rewind to the beginning of the season before our first match has even kicked off and ask any Red if they'd be happy if we were two points behind first with one match to go at the end of the season and they'd of laughed and said 'yeah mate, I'll take it now'.

Fast forward to now and any Red would say 'nah, I want to remember this season, it's been f***in amazin'.

In my humble opinion of course. ;)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1192: May 09, 2014 08:22:00 pm
      I can cope with the despair its the hope that's F***ing with my head

Same same mate.

Whatever happens I'll be a happy man.
      Road end boy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #1193: May 09, 2014 09:07:14 pm
      And now to F**k our heads with more hope, rewind
      That terrible day in 89 sitting around with my girlfriend both in very early 20s, arsenal last seconds of the game, oh no despair. God is not on our side today.  He was a kid kicking a ball around in toccy .

Fast forward 2012 , we so hoped city would do something to stop the scum getting no 20 . It all went wrong, fergie strode around expectantly, waiting  for a big cheer from his fans. Screen flicks . Somehow on the last day. At the last second city had pulled two goals out of thir arses, and the Sunderland fans cheered.

Kama score city1 lpool -1.     Rewind, oh no United only need to win, lfc to lose, Blackburn so close  liverpool beat them despair for Blackburn, it would have been their first time to win the premiership if only that team from Manchester could possibly lose. Not much chance of that, we have shown pride and won on the last day of the season, but a terroir of a little team from alf garnets country is having none of it and hold hold on Manchester hit the post, loads of attacking intent shots by the dozen. Then a breakaway, oh no. The favourites have lost it's all over west ham have thrown a massive spanner in the works and stopped Manchester from winning the league.    Karma lpool -2 for beating Blackburn but we don't care..... Fate is a funny thing it sends you down blind alleys, fucks with your brain and the despair of 89 needs correcting in the league.   The greatest player we have sold in the 2000s is on our side, joey cole owes us one for all that money he got while he was injured, and what was Kevin Nolan doing in89              God is on our side and three players, and our arch enemy big Sam, maybe even ferry,         Our main song sings of hope,      As that famous commentator said in 05.   You never quite know with liverpool......hope in our hearts
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1194: May 09, 2014 09:18:37 pm
      I can cope with the despair its the hope that's f**king with my head

Cracked me up that ...  ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6952 
      Reply #1195: May 09, 2014 09:34:57 pm
      Irrespective of how much their side costs. I personally feel like City as a club and their fans as a whole do have class. So I have to strongly disagree. If other big teams in the league are a comparison then City are by far and away classier than most in my eyes. The Hillsborough banner at Anfield proved that aswell. I actually find it difficult to dislike them I must admit.

Agree with this.  Got a City fan in the family and he's a decent lad.

I actually think on the whole they're a decent bunch and even though ultimately they are Mancs - they're a better class of Manc.  Chanting on Wednesday was a bit small time but I'm sure most of them probably wished they had some better songs.

(As for United fans backing them - embarrassing - if Utd and Everton were battling it out for the title I'd be praying right down to the last minute that they were both going to get 10 points docked for some kind of corruption scandal).

Quick Reply