Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. So who wins it?

Liverpool FC
      185 (75.8%)
      Manchester City
      45 (18.4%)
      Chelsea
      12 (4.9%)
      Arsenal
      2 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 240

The 'Run In'

Read 104370 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: The 'Run In'
      Reply #138: Mar 24, 2014 10:25:42 am
      Again I agree with this Debs but I still think Chelsea would likely come to Anfield in hope of picking up a point and catching us in the remaining two games as opposed to coming hell bent on the victory and risking losing the title there and then. City, I think regardless of what happens between now and then will still come looking for the win.

Mourinho will definitely be the more cautious of the two Billy especially if things are still the same points wise.  We'll just have to win more than them beforehand so he has to go for the win and hope his defense manages to keep us out.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #139: Mar 24, 2014 10:30:34 am
      Lets start by winning against Sunderland.

Without that everything is just talk.

;D
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #140: Mar 24, 2014 03:19:34 pm
      But the thread was created so we could indeed do just that; discuss the run in
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #141: Mar 24, 2014 03:28:51 pm
      Despite City having games in hand, I reckon Chelsea are still the favorites with having the easiest run in (on paper) of any team. Arsenal have gone up sh*t creek the past 6 games so they're pretty much out at this point. We're still the Dark Horse, which is what I prefer to be honest.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #142: Mar 24, 2014 06:14:10 pm
      Here's an updated fixture list with rescheduled games and when who plays/rests.

Between now and when we play City, we should still be ahead of them. Hopefully they drop points to Arsenal or Man U, meaning we could open up a gap of 6 points or more by beating them, cos they'll leave that game with (still) 2 games in hand on us.

One of their games in hand is right after they play us (home to Sunderland) and the other is surprisingly late - home to Villa, the midweek leading up to the final round of fixtures.

Anyway, here it is:

http://i.imgur.com/14vSy5p.png
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #143: Mar 24, 2014 06:18:30 pm
      Another nice thing about our fixture list is how after Wednesday's clash with Sunderland, we have 7 games to go, one weekend at a time - no midweeks unlike the other three. Ideal prep time between each game for Brendan, and the squad seems to be looking better each week with players returning from injury..... Make Us Dream.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #144: Mar 24, 2014 06:28:22 pm
      Another nice thing about our fixture list is how after Wednesday's clash with Sunderland, we have 7 games to go, one weekend at a time - no midweeks unlike the other three. Ideal prep time between each game for Brendan, and the squad seems to be looking better each week with players returning from injury..... Make Us Dream.

Arse are out of it .... not only on points but some tricky fixtures.

City still have a lot to do and also something to go wrong on them.

Chelsea have an easy run.

Win our game in hand ...... then beat the Chavs.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #145: Mar 24, 2014 06:32:55 pm
      Despite City having games in hand, I reckon Chelsea are still the favorites with having the easiest run in (on paper) of any team. Arsenal have gone up sh*t creek the past 6 games so they're pretty much out at this point. We're still the Dark Horse chihauhua, which is what I prefer to be honest.

Fixed if for you  ;D woof !
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #146: Mar 24, 2014 06:35:27 pm
      Big week for citeh. IF they win both matches, they will be rightly favourites

However - I cant see them winning both - and I would love to see them dropping 4 points, but only if arsenal suddenly find a pair of 'grown your own balls'
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,475 posts | 2861 
      Reply #147: Mar 24, 2014 07:10:13 pm
      Hard to say Arsenal are out of it completely. If they can get out of their next three close relatively close to the top they'll fancy themselves. I do expect them to drop points against both City and Everton but after that they have a great set of fixtures and they've been very strong at beating the smaller teams both home and away so far.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #148: Mar 24, 2014 07:37:00 pm
      Hard to say Arsenal are out of it completely. If they can get out of their next three close relatively close to the top they'll fancy themselves. I do expect them to drop points against both City and Everton but after that they have a great set of fixtures and they've been very strong at beating the smaller teams both home and away so far.

I think arsenal are now focusing on winning the fa cup, as well as their customary '4th place trophy'. Wenger knows if he cant lift the FA cup this year, with the teams left, then the arsenal faithful will more than likely turn on him.

BUT - all we can do is focus on our games, and treat each one as a must-win, do-or-die cup final.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #149: Mar 25, 2014 01:54:28 pm
      After watching highlights of Our two away games played this season with Chelsea and Man City I'm more confident We'll beat those at Anfield.
      Just have to win all the remaining ones against "lesser" opponents including Tottenham :D
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #150: Mar 25, 2014 04:16:11 pm
      We're gonna drop points in this run in. We are. It's just a matter of beating Sunderland first. Then Spurs, City & Chelsea. We have to hope then that they drop less points that us.

I can't believe I'm actually putting down words about our chances of a title, I haven't until now. It was always 'next game' etc...

Beat Sunderland! :)
      boomsopolis
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 191 posts |
      Reply #151: Mar 25, 2014 09:42:39 pm
      To have any chance we need to beat city and they need to drop points somewhere else. Arsenal don't look like they have any hope of taking anything from them, which means we might have to shout for f*cking Everton when they play them! :mad: We just need to keep this winning run going.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,350 posts | 2874 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #152: Mar 25, 2014 09:49:54 pm
      To have any chance we need to beat city and they need to drop points somewhere else. Arsenal don't look like they have any hope of taking anything from them, which means we might have to shout for f*cking Everton when they play them! :mad: We just need to keep this winning run going.

Yeah all we can do is keep winning and hope City drop points somewhere, anywhere. Arsenal look gone cant see them getting anything this weekend against city but down the line we might have a surprise ally in Everton! They might do them at Goodison ye know
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #153: Mar 25, 2014 09:57:46 pm
      Yeah all we can do is keep winning and hope City drop points somewhere, anywhere. Arsenal look gone cant see them getting anything this weekend against city but down the line we might have a surprise ally in Everton! They might do them at Goodison ye know

The way Everton are going they could pip Arsenal to 4th.  Only 6 behind them with a game in hand and they still have to go to Woodison.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #154: Mar 25, 2014 10:02:10 pm
      The way Everton are going they could pip Arsenal to 4th.  Only 6 behind them with a game in hand and they still have to go to Woodison.

Totally agree Debs, I'd fancy Everton to do Arsenal at the moment. Must admit to I'd really love us to buy Barkley, it wont happen I know but the lad just seems ideal for what we need in midfield. Double raid, throw Baines in too! :D

Think the top 3 is settled now though, can't see anyone getting near that now and it's just the order to decide.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,350 posts | 2874 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #155: Mar 25, 2014 10:02:32 pm

Exactly Debs, they are moving well and now have the chance for 4th. They will need to beat City to do it, heres hoping! Jesus shouting for utd and Everton in the same season!!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #156: Mar 25, 2014 10:08:50 pm
      Totally agree Debs, I'd fancy Everton to do Arsenal at the moment. Must admit to I'd really love us to buy Barkley, it wont happen I know but the lad just seems ideal for what we need in midfield. Double raid, throw Baines in too! :D

Think the top 3 is settled now though, can't see anyone getting near that now and it's just the order to decide.

Yep I'd go with that Luke, it just remains to be seen what order it finishes.  I'd hoped that city would drop points somewhere but they seem to be hitting a run of form and barely broke sweat tonight.  It would have helped if they were still in the CL and/or FA Cup but strange things have happened this season so who knows.

Exactly Debs, they are moving well and now have the chance for 4th. They will need to beat City to do it, heres hoping! Jesus shouting for utd and Everton in the same season!!

Weird ain't it mate but it's needs must now.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #157: Mar 26, 2014 02:05:37 am
      Bloody f***ing Scums, no self-pride, cant even draw the game against Citeh  :f_steam:

All our hopes on the weak gunners and the bitters to at least salvage a draw against this City team.
      « Last Edit: Mar 26, 2014 07:11:22 am by Vicks86 »
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #158: Mar 26, 2014 08:20:29 am
      Need Wenger to park the Arsenal bus at the weekend now
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #159: Mar 26, 2014 09:20:55 am
      Need Wenger to park the Arsenal bus at the weekend now

Was just about the post something similar. 2 games where we were hoping the opposition would take at least a point off them would have gone by after the weekend so Arsenal getting something at the weekend is so vital. The only difficult games they would then have arse us and Everton.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,475 posts | 2861 
      Reply #160: Mar 26, 2014 10:25:15 am

I take this back. They're out.

Quick Reply