Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. So who wins it?

Liverpool FC
      185 (75.8%)
      Manchester City
      45 (18.4%)
      Chelsea
      12 (4.9%)
      Arsenal
      2 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 240

The 'Run In'

Read 105100 times
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Re: The 'Run In'
      Reply #161: Mar 26, 2014 12:11:20 pm
      At the rate our so called competitors (Scum and Arsenal) are failing against Citeh, even if we win all our remaining games, we would fail to win the PL by 1 fuuuuuuuuuuuuking point.

It's big 'if' to win all our games but other teams are not helping us at all. They are falling like a pack of cards against Citeh. Hoping that the bitters may have enough to stand up to them although I don't hold out much hope. Arsenal are going to get shift 6 goals past them again against Citeh. I just don't think Arsene Winger has enough know-how to beat Citeh or even draw.

Hope Scum keep Moyesy for another 10 years but they could do lot worse than Matinez. That guy has surprised me a lot this season.

Anyway, unless Citeh self-desctruct, I don't see anyone taking anything off them - perhaps apart from us.
      « Last Edit: Mar 26, 2014 12:41:41 pm by RobieSlick »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #162: Mar 26, 2014 01:14:22 pm

Anyway, unless Citeh self-desctruct, I don't see anyone taking anything off them - perhaps apart from us.

This boy is getting behind our neighbours on May 3rd to do us a favour. Going to go to an Everton pub with the inlaws and all and back them like mad for 90 minutes we do our bit between now and then and hope them lot need a win for a champions league place and do city. Its a funny oul game isnt it
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #163: Mar 26, 2014 01:51:10 pm
      It is a matter of who will crack first and who has the stamina to last the pace. I'd believe, Chelsea may crack as they have been experiencing the ups and downs of late and I won't be surprise they'll be beaten again by a team from the bottom half, maureen will run amok. City has an extended run of good form and high time that they start dropping points.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #164: Mar 26, 2014 01:56:09 pm
      I actually think Arsenal might beat Man City or at least draw, they need a reaction to their last 2 games and Wenger is a canny old manager, I'm sure he'll get them fired up plus they must be getting a bit nervous about 4th.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #165: Mar 26, 2014 02:07:05 pm
      Arsenal looks burnt out due to their overscoring in the early stage of the campaign. The best I could hope for is a draw with city, but  a win is most welcome, but a draw would be ideal.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #166: Mar 26, 2014 02:20:16 pm
      It is a matter of who will crack first and who has the stamina to last the pace. I'd believe, Chelsea may crack as they have been experiencing the ups and downs of late and I won't be surprise they'll be beaten again by a team from the bottom half, maureen will run amok. City has an extended run of good form and high time that they start dropping points.

I actually think the other way. The loss at Villa could have made Mourinho to think different tactics and have contingencies in place.

Reg City, I do hope Arsenal beat them and have good distance from the bitters for the 4th spot
      Fourbrick3
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts |
      Reply #167: Mar 26, 2014 02:27:48 pm
      It was part of the Moysiah's :-) cunning plan to stop us winning the Premiership. He deliberately picked a team that would get stuffed to enable City to stop us.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #168: Mar 26, 2014 02:33:23 pm
      I actually think Arsenal might beat Man City or at least draw, they need a reaction to their last 2 games and Wenger is a canny old manager, I'm sure he'll get them fired up plus they must be getting a bit nervous about 4th.

No chance. Arsene Winger has lost it now.
      If Ramsey or Walcott were around then perhaps there was a chance of an upset. Sorry, I just don't see it.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #169: Mar 26, 2014 02:54:51 pm
      I don't think I could cope with winning all our games and losing the entire season by 1 point

Agent Moyes...saddle up, you're needed in the blue half of Manchester
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #170: Mar 26, 2014 03:00:13 pm
      I actually think the other way. The loss at Villa could have made Mourinho to think different tactics and have contingencies in place.

Reg City, I do hope Arsenal beat them and have good distance from the bitters for the 4th spot

Is it blasphemy to suggest I wouldn't mind Everton getting top 4? Reality is someone has to finish there. Assuming it's not us who would you rather? Def not Spurs and the damage it would cause Arsenal not finishing top 4 could set them back years hence making us stronger for years to come.
       Am I in a minority of 1 there?
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #171: Mar 26, 2014 03:33:15 pm
      Is it blasphemy to suggest I wouldn't mind Everton getting top 4? Reality is someone has to finish there. Assuming it's not us who would you rather? Def not Spurs and the damage it would cause Arsenal not finishing top 4 could set them back years hence making us stronger for years to come.
       Am I in a minority of 1 there?

Everton are an irrelevance to me. Dont give a rats fart where they finish, as long as its below us. And yes, id rather see Arsenal and tottenham missing out on CL
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #172: Mar 26, 2014 03:42:39 pm
      I don't want this to sound like sour grapes, but how much could those dodgy refereeing decisions at City and Chelsea cost us at the end of the season?
      Hope we won't have to worry about it.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Reply #173: Mar 26, 2014 03:46:51 pm
      The way Everton are going they could pip Arsenal to 4th.  Only 6 behind them with a game in hand and they still have to go to Woodison.

Imagine if the Everton results handed us the title how ironically beautiful would that be.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #174: Mar 26, 2014 05:38:35 pm
      More twists and turns to come, all we can do is play as well as we can. I just feel the title is beyond us and that Chelsea will take it ahead of City as the they don't have as many weaknesses (if any at the moment) and their run in looks good on paper, if we finish 3rd it would still be a fantastic season to build on. Hey, if someone offered us top 4 before the season started we would have snapped their hand off.

If anyone's going to beat us to the title it will be City. We have a game in hand on Chelsea and we play them at home. Once we batter them we'll have 2 points clear on them right?

I'm more worried about City.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #175: Mar 26, 2014 06:00:09 pm
      More twists and turns to come, all we can do is play as well as we can. I just feel the title is beyond us and that Chelsea will take it ahead of City as the they don't have as many weaknesses (if any at the moment) and their run in looks good on paper, if we finish 3rd it would still be a fantastic season to build on. Hey, if someone offered us top 4 before the season started we would have snapped their hand off.

erm what weaknesses are you seeing in City compared to Chelsea. They are both fantastic sides, as are we. This will go right down to the wire I think.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #176: Mar 26, 2014 10:50:45 pm
      We need to beat Tottenham on Sunday (most likely). I wonder if the same team will play or we will give Sakho and Lucas a run out. I'm sure our boys are fit and the crowd will lift them. Lucas is very professional though so you won't expect a drop in level should he come in. If he does, the question is which one do we play for Allen.

Tottenham are 7 pts behind fourth. With 8 games left and the way Arsenal are playing, it's a fair bet they think they can reach it. Hopefully they will come at us, which is exactly the wrong thing to do. This will give space to our front 3 and they will be killed. If they go behind it becomes a nightmare for them.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Reply #177: Mar 26, 2014 10:57:29 pm
      I'd take a last day match against Newcastle for a title win .
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #178: Mar 26, 2014 11:00:35 pm
      I'd take a last day match against Newcastle for a title win .

I want to win the title at Anfield against Chelsea with a ghost goal and John Terry being arrested.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Reply #179: Mar 26, 2014 11:13:56 pm
      I want to win the title at Anfield against Chelsea with a ghost goal and John Terry being arrested.

got this weird feeling that Stevie would miss the last two games because of suspension and he wouldn't be on the pitch when we won it, that would be weird.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #180: Mar 26, 2014 11:16:00 pm
      got this weird feeling that Stevie would miss the last two games because of suspension and he wouldn't be on the pitch when we won it, that would be weird.

My God that's a terrible thought going to bed!

2 games to not get booked isn't it then hes ok for the remaining 5???
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #181: Mar 26, 2014 11:16:41 pm
      My God that's a terrible thought going to bed!

2 games to not get booked isn't it then hes ok for the remaining 5???

I believe that's correct. Seems like the Tottenham game will be the one that would worry me.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #182: Mar 26, 2014 11:19:31 pm

How about he gets a yellow on Sunday with us 2 down, then Keane-esque he scores 2 and makes 1 driving us to victory? Who knows, lets hope there's no suspension atall

Sunday could be a real pressure game. Really no matter what there's pressure on us being the last of the top 5 to play. If they all win it's pressure to keep pace, if any dropped points pressure to capitalize. But hey ho wouldn't change it
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,217 posts | 3392 
      Reply #183: Mar 26, 2014 11:45:17 pm
      tw*t Tottenham, no problem.

Their record at Anfield is shocking and our home form this year has been nothing short of exceptional. The fact it could put us top is as much motivation as any Liverpool player or fan needs.

Quick Reply