Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Best forward partnership?

Read 3619 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Best forward partnership?
      Reply #23: Apr 04, 2014 11:35:37 pm
      I actually don't see it as a partnership. I see them more as individual players being able to adapt into our attacking system and able to work with the forward players around them. It's more of our front 3 or 4 with Coutinho or/and Sterling that makes this work.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, haven't we been playing 3/4 attacking players the majority of the season? isn't it more deadly in attack when we have a front 3 or 4? 

Not a partnership to me either especially with Sterling and Coutinho showing equal merit. I think the whole SAS talk within the media totally misses the point but it could help to be deceptive.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #24: Apr 04, 2014 11:40:41 pm

It's a shame Dundee didn't get the chance to play with Borini, if only so he could have said, "You call that a knife?!?".
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #25: Apr 04, 2014 11:55:54 pm
      It's a shame Dundee didn't get the chance to play with Borini, if only so he could have said, "You call that a knife?!?".

:D
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #26: Apr 06, 2014 07:22:25 am
      I think that as Sturridge will continue to improve as seasons go by, these guys could well go down as one of our deadliest duos.

I can understand why some people are saying that they're not really a duo, but its clear to me that the first person they look for in the box is each other, they trust each other to do the business, and seem to know what the other is thinking.
      That's a duo to me.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #27: Apr 06, 2014 11:16:00 am
      I think that as Sturridge will continue to improve as seasons go by, these guys could well go down as one of our deadliest duos.

I can understand why some people are saying that they're not really a duo, but its clear to me that the first person they look for in the box is each other, they trust each other to do the business, and seem to know what the other is thinking.
      That's a duo to me.
      Yeah I'd definitely agree with this. It's all very well giving Cou and Sterling credit as they are a big part of our attacking play but it just seems telepathic with SAS sometimes. Take the Suarez goal against Cardiff, with that back heel by Studge (oh that back heel  :jackoff: ).

They compliment each other so well - the skills and vision of Suarez who can make a goal on his own and the raw pace of Studge, making runs in behind the defence, getting most of his goals from one-on-ones. I'd say they are the best duo about these days.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #28: Apr 06, 2014 12:20:06 pm
      Has to be Kenny & Rushy for me, Barnes & Beardsley, Fowler & Colly, Stevie & Nando, Aldo & Rushy, Owen & Emile were they a duo?
      All great tbf but SaS can outdo them all in time ,
      I wonder how many goals were scored by all those named above  ?

YNWA
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,368 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #29: Apr 06, 2014 01:24:48 pm
      SaS are class but come on Kenny and Rushie and the saint and Sir Roger carried us through European campaigns as well as leagues has to between those 2 sets surely?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #30: Apr 06, 2014 01:41:36 pm
      This thread has been up for the best part of 5 years and still nobody has mentioned the deadly duo that secured our 5th European trophy...Djibril Cisse and Milan Baros.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #31: Apr 06, 2014 02:55:13 pm
      I know this is bumping something up from a waaaaaaaaaaay back but I was looking for an old thread I made and came across this one by accident.

Would anybody put the current pairing of the SAS up there as our best partnership? I think in my lifetime it has surpassed everything I've seen before. The records they're breaking together are just phenomenal, especially as they've been paired together for less than 18 months.

It's a scary thought just how good they could be together in two or three years time.

Since 1960 we have had quite a few strike partnerships,I well remember Barnes and Beardsley in their first season at Anfield they were electric,We also had Toshack and Keegan and of course Dalglish/Rush and Aldo of course.I am going to go for Roger Hunt and StJohn because they initiated the Anfield revolution after the dark 2nd division days.I still recall St John getting a hat-trick for us against Everton in his first game,it was either a Liverpool senior cup or a Lancashire senior cup final.So for me it will be Roger and the Saint.

Since 86 as you limited ... then its the SAS

Pre 86
      Hunt and St John
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #32: Apr 06, 2014 10:41:42 pm
      SaS are class but come on Kenny and Rushie and the saint and Sir Roger carried us through European campaigns as well as leagues has to between those 2 sets surely?

Completely agree...Saint, Hunt, Toshack and Keegan were all fantastic partnerships from the past and more current ones have also been great but to me, Dalglish & Rush were and are the epitome and definition of the great LFC striking partnerships.

Quick Reply