Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Pre-Match: West Ham V Liverpool: Sunday 6th April 2014 - 4pm

Read 18326 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: West Ham Vs Liverpool; Sunday 6th of April 2014 4pm
      Reply #23: Apr 01, 2014 03:15:02 pm
      Fat Sam is going to park everything he can find -- buses, trains, cars, airplanes, his mother, aircraft carriers, battleships, etc. -- in front of goal. It's going to be some supremely negative tactics vs us and they'll try to beat us on set pieces. It'll be vital to get an early goal, forcing them to actually try to play football. They'll be toast once they do.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,615 posts | 1513 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #24: Apr 01, 2014 03:54:06 pm
      Got to be flying from the first whistle and try to score in the first 10 minutes at least or I can see it being a very frustrating 90 mins..
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #25: Apr 01, 2014 04:21:11 pm
      I don't know why but every time we come up against an ex-player I always fear they will hurt us. Carroll and Downing will do their best to prove a point, I think Joe Cole may be injured though I'm not sure. In all honesty I kind of wish we kept Downing, he wouldn't get in our first team, what with Sterling's form, but he could do a job coming off the bench - a lot better than Moses or Aspas anyway.

Back to the game, I think we will prove too much for the Hammers. They are a physical lot and I wouldn't bet against a red card and/or penalty going in our favour. Players like Cou, Sterling, Suarez and Studge will have them in knots. 3-0 red men...
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #26: Apr 01, 2014 06:06:28 pm
      Can get much better odds than that mate, with reason too. It will never happen.

Apologies mate
      Scottbot

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #27: Apr 01, 2014 07:17:10 pm
      Be interesting to see how Brendan sets us up for this one. We might see a return to the diamond with Allen coming back into the side but given the way West Ham like to play ie. direct, get the ball wide, put crosses in, win 2nd balls off of diags etc I wonder if the diamond will leave us a bit narrow. I'd rather see 4-3-3 myself ask their fullbacks to deal with Sterling and either Luis/Sturridge.

No doubt Big Andy will be absolutely fired up for this one and there is no denying he can be a real handful when he is fit so he will be the main danger man. If our lads are as committed as they were at the weekend I fancy us to wi. Tis one without too many problems.

I'm going for a 3-1 win. Two for Sturridge and a Stevie pen.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,337 posts | 2864 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #28: Apr 01, 2014 07:31:49 pm
      Do we trust ourselves to do a job with the same 11 or do we bring Sakho in to handle Carroll.

Again I have to ask risk Stevie or rest him?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4958 
      Reply #29: Apr 01, 2014 07:38:37 pm
      Do we trust ourselves to do a job with the same 11 or do we bring Sakho in to handle Carroll.

Again I have to ask risk Stevie or rest him?

Same 11 for me Bri especially the back four.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,337 posts | 2864 
      Reply #30: Apr 01, 2014 07:40:45 pm
      Same 11 for me Bri especially the back four.

Back 4 were boss last day but I wonder will they be bullied by Andy? That fear goes out the window of course if we just keep the ball
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4958 
      Reply #31: Apr 01, 2014 07:43:54 pm
      Back 4 were boss last day but I wonder will they be bullied by Andy? That fear goes out the window of course if we just keep the ball

A settled back four will give us more confidence I feel.

Just have to deal with the big man as no guarantee Sakho will deal with him any better than Agger.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,678 posts | 6974 
      Reply #32: Apr 01, 2014 10:40:54 pm
      I've just been checking the form.

yacster has started two pre-match topics for away games. Won 1 Lost 1.

Knife edge.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Re: Pre-Match: West Ham V Liverpool: Sunday 6th April 2014 - 4pm
      Reply #33: Apr 01, 2014 11:17:19 pm
      you should have read the omens thread..

I'm confused?

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #34: Apr 01, 2014 11:48:38 pm
      cut the service out from the wide areas and Carroll will be pretty ineffective. Keep marauding down the wings and keep them on the defensive. Even if they manage to notch one, we'll score more. Should be a good, well earned 3 points. Going for 1 - 3
      Redone
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #35: Apr 02, 2014 12:57:56 am
      Maybe the Fulham game all over again, long as we get 3 point, no problem for me :D

Lets GO REDS!!!
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #36: Apr 02, 2014 02:37:06 am
      They will huff and puff and then hoof the ball to Carroll hoping he gets a good touch on it. West Ham right there.

We will crush these clowns.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #37: Apr 02, 2014 02:48:57 am
      If Sam 'Silas Greenback', 'Snow on it', ' Fookin give it give it' Allardyce derails our season I will never watch football again.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38: Apr 02, 2014 04:41:08 am
      Another game where we use one of core strengths to the fullest - PACE. Their team as a whole is slow as ****.

Whatever be the formation, just press, press, press like hell and counter
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #39: Apr 02, 2014 05:07:25 am
      I'd go with the same eleven that started vs Spurs. As we all know they will try and park the bus but I've got full faith in the lads to go out and get the win to keep us top and heap the pressure on citeh and the Chelsea.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #40: Apr 02, 2014 08:40:47 am
      Looking at how calm and composed the lads were on Sunday, if they can keep that level headedness going into the West Ham game and conjure up the same kind of measured performance there is no reason at all we shouldn't be able to take 3 points, I'd go with an unchanged line up, why fix whats not broken ?

Can possibly see Rodgers including Allen from the off with one of Sterling or Coutinho dropping out though.

Every games a must win at the moment.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,337 posts | 2864 
      Reply #41: Apr 02, 2014 09:15:29 am

Were on a roll under Solodee strating match threads I suggested in the omens thread that we leave all pre match threads to him now, then Ycaster went and started this one :)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,037 posts | 3963 
      Reply #42: Apr 02, 2014 09:46:35 am
      Looking at how calm and composed the lads were on Sunday, if they can keep that level headedness going into the West Ham game and conjure up the same kind of measured performance there is no reason at all we shouldn't be able to take 3 points, I'd go with an unchanged line up, why fix whats not broken ?

Can possibly see Rodgers including Allen from the off with one of Sterling or Coutinho dropping out though.

Every games a must win at the moment.

Is right mate and with every victory the pressure increases for our rivals.

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #43: Apr 02, 2014 10:29:31 am
      Shitting it for this game.

Feels like a final and the anxiety is killing me. They play sh*t direct football that I am hoping with our pace we will be able to counter and hit on the break. I think Skrtel will have Andy in his pocket.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #44: Apr 02, 2014 10:43:52 am
      I'm very nervous about this game because as ugly as Allardyce's football is, pumping long balls into the box for Carroll to get his head on will really exploit our defensive frailties. Like Dadorious, I'm just hoping our pace and passing ability will allow us to out score them. We could do with a 0-4 win which would give us a superior goal difference to City (as it stands now) but I think this will be one of those cases of having to win ugly. Knowing Allardyce, very, very ugly.
      nzcrawf
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #45: Apr 02, 2014 11:52:59 am
      I'm nervous before every game now.  But it's not whether Stevie and the team can win - of course they can!  It's the waiting.  I hate the waiting.  I've analysed this game to death already and it's still only only Wednesday  :mad: 

I reckon that Big Sam will try to park the bus as other guys have said too, like he did against Chelsea when Mourinho whinged about 19th century football.  I heard Allardyce interviewed on the radio recently saying that his target was more points than games, so that 39 points and West Ham are currently on 37.  Two draws will do it for them from their last 6.  It also seems more than likely that they'll play the long ball and hope that Andy Carroll will get on the end of something and / or create opportunities for Nolan. 

Enough about them.  I think that's all they've got in their locker. 

For my money Skrtel has been huge this season, giving no change to any opposition and that will include Carroll this week.  Stevie will marshal in front of the back four and I reckon we might go back to the diamond, with Allen and Hendo on the sides and Coutinho up top to unlock their defence.  Sturridge was a little quiet on the weekend by his standards and I think he's due a few.  Luis will just simply terrorise their defence from the first kick to the last. 

I'm predicting 3-0 to the mighty Red Men.  A brace for Super Dan and 1 to the prison guard (aka Skrtel) from another Stevie G set piece.   

Quick Reply