Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Match dates changed: Palace & possibly Chelsea.

Read 8416 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Match dates changed: Palace & possibly Chelsea.
      Apr 05, 2014 11:51:24 am
      Were now down to play Crystal Palace on a Monday night. It was originally a Saturday game wasn't it?

We have no Saturday games left now. While its all the one to me who when where we play I do think its a bit late in the day to change a fixture plus adds a bit more pressure to us as we will know the other 2 teams results.
      « Last Edit: Apr 09, 2014 10:19:47 pm by RedPuppy »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,846 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Palace game changed?
      Reply #1: Apr 05, 2014 12:09:43 pm
      Yeah mate read that today as well. Something to do with Sky being able to cover it now???
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2: Apr 05, 2014 12:21:36 pm
      How is it a bit late in the day? This happens every season. A team is in the title race and Sky want to buy the rights to show it live, its been done with a months notice. Don't see what the problem is. That game was always going to get moved.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #3: Apr 05, 2014 12:25:36 pm
      I think it might be an advantage at this stage to know the others results before we play and might even ease the pressure a little and allow us to play with a bit more freedom esspecially if results have gone our way.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4: Apr 05, 2014 12:31:59 pm
      Man City play after us, on the Wednesday, Chelsea are the late game on Sunday.  Doesn't matter though, it'll be wrapped up already.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #5: Apr 05, 2014 01:14:19 pm
      Were now down to play Crystal Palace on a Monday night. It was originally a Saturday game wasn't it?

We have no Saturday games left now. While its all the one to me who when where we play I do think its a bit late in the day to change a fixture plus adds a bit more pressure to us as we will know the other 2 teams results.

On the contrary Brian, I think it's a distinct advantage knowing what we need to do, if say City lose then the intensity could lessen slightly against palace, if they win then our intensity grows,

There is no doubt we will be set up to win regardless of others results but wouldn't it be great if City drop points making our task just a tad easier or less pressurised at least ?

YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6967 
      Reply #6: Apr 05, 2014 01:18:04 pm
      Not a big fan of our Monday night games.  I'd be interested to see the stats but I'd imagine our record isn't great.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,878 posts | 704 
      Reply #7: Apr 06, 2014 08:17:42 am
      Quote from Roddenberry
      Man City play after us, on the Wednesday. Doesn't matter though, it'll be wrapped up already.

May Schedule:

3 May: Everton v City
      5 May: Palace away
      7 May: City v Villa
      11 May: City v West Ham
      11 May: Newcastle home

On Bank Holiday Monday in 1994, Blackburn lost the league. On the day 20 years on, I doubt it will be wrapped up quite so soon.

A Monday night game away to Pulis and his ragtag shower of hackers is not really ideal. But at least we'll go into the week on the same number of games remaining as City. Lets win it, and settle it on our own patch on the last day of the season.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #8: Apr 06, 2014 08:22:24 am
      It does not matter when we play them as long as we beat the tw*ts, which we will. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      Reply #9: Apr 06, 2014 12:32:06 pm
      How is it a bit late in the day? This happens every season. A team is in the title race and Sky want to buy the rights to show it live, its been done with a months notice. Don't see what the problem is. That game was always going to get moved.

i would guess you would sing a different tune had you booked flights and accommodation for the game
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10: Apr 06, 2014 12:44:50 pm
      This is horrible news for us Aussies.

Daylight savings meant we could watch games at 9pm if we were the early kick off on a Saturday or midnight. Now we have to stay up until past midnight.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,846 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #11: Apr 06, 2014 01:22:01 pm

Daylight savings meant we could watch games at 9pm if we were the early kick off on a Saturday or midnight. Now we have to stay up until past midnight.

We will still do it mate, been waking up at all ungodly hours for years watching our Redmen. Whatever it takes. And yes SKY are still a bunch of cu*ts.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #12: Apr 06, 2014 03:17:40 pm

Yeah, but who cares about the Aussies?  :f_whistle:
      Only kidding  :hug:

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #13: Apr 06, 2014 03:36:43 pm

sh*t for us Brits who work nights as well, I'll miss the end if the match. Sunday would have been fine  >:(

« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2014 03:46:54 pm by Reprobate »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14: Apr 07, 2014 09:23:58 pm
      I dread it when we play on a Monday, no matter who it is against we always seem to struggle and make a hash of things.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #15: Apr 08, 2014 12:47:34 am
      I dread it when we play on a Monday, no matter who it is against we always seem to struggle and make a hash of things.

Hopefully we have the form of our 1st five out of our last ten Monday games.

Sep 16th 2013
      Swansea 2-2 Liverpool

Feb 11th 2013
      Liverpool 0-2 West Bromwich Albion

6th Feb 2012
      Liverpool 0-0 Tottenham Hotspurs

26th Dec 2011
      Liverpool 1-1 Blackpoool

5th Dec 2011
      Fulham 1-0 Liverpool

9th May 2011
      Fulham 2-5 Liverpool

11th Apr 2011
      Liverpool 3-0 Manchester City

6th Dec 2010
      Liverpool 3-0 Aston Villa

19th Apr 2010
      Liverpool 3-0 West Ham United

15th Mar 2010
      Liverpool 4-1 Portsmouth
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #16: Apr 08, 2014 07:21:10 am
      The missus birthday. As if!
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #17: Apr 08, 2014 12:26:53 pm
      As luck would have it, I'm in London on the 5th. Hopefully I can somehow get a ticket for the game.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,878 posts | 704 
      Reply #18: Apr 08, 2014 04:49:22 pm
      Quote from Roddenberry
      Hopefully we have the form of our 1st five out of our last ten Monday games.

26th Dec 2011
      Liverpool 1-1 Blackpoool

The game was against Blackburn, and was a Monday afternoon game because of 26 December.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #19: Apr 08, 2014 04:59:13 pm
      The game was against Blackburn, and was a Monday afternoon game because of 26 December.

I know, that's a typo, I was there.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Match dates changed: Palace & possibly Chelsea.
      Reply #20: Apr 09, 2014 10:19:21 pm
      Just read that the Chelsea game may be moved:

The Happy One? After Mourinho's moans, the Premier League are to move Chelsea's fixtures to aid their European quest
      Jose Mourinho will at last receive a helping hand from the Barclays Premier League fixture schedulers after Chelsea reached the last four of the Champions League.

Mourinho has grumbled for most of the season about the way the fixtures have fallen and how other European league routinely offer assistance to the teams who represent them in Europe.

The Premier League usually point out that they must be fair to all 20 of their members - not only those flying the flag in international competition – but they have confirmed to Sportsmail that one of Chelsea’s Sunday fixtures – either against Liverpool or Sunderland - will be moved to the Saturday.

As it stands, Mourinho’s team are slated to play Sunderland at home on Sunday April 20 before the first leg of the Champions League semi-final and Liverpool away on Sunday April 27 ahead of the second leg.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2600692/The-Happy-One-After-Jose-Mourinhos-moans-Premier-League-Chelseas-fixtures-aid-European-quest.html

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #21: Apr 09, 2014 11:38:11 pm
      Just read that the Chelsea game may be moved:

The Happy One? After Mourinho's moans, the Premier League are to move Chelsea's fixtures to aid their European quest
      Jose Mourinho will at last receive a helping hand from the Barclays Premier League fixture schedulers after Chelsea reached the last four of the Champions League.

Mourinho has grumbled for most of the season about the way the fixtures have fallen and how other European league routinely offer assistance to the teams who represent them in Europe.

The Premier League usually point out that they must be fair to all 20 of their members - not only those flying the flag in international competition – but they have confirmed to Sportsmail that one of Chelsea’s Sunday fixtures – either against Liverpool or Sunderland - will be moved to the Saturday.

As it stands, Mourinho’s team are slated to play Sunderland at home on Sunday April 20 before the first leg of the Champions League semi-final and Liverpool away on Sunday April 27 ahead of the second leg.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2600692/The-Happy-One-After-Jose-Mourinhos-moans-Premier-League-Chelseas-fixtures-aid-European-quest.html

The Premier League will be paying Sky a sh*t load of money back then because that means it won't be on SS doesn't it? By the sounds of it, it would make more sense to move the Sunderland game forward to the Saturday. Doesn't make much difference which day the game against us gets played on because they'd then have 1 less day of recovery before the league match.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #22: Apr 09, 2014 11:54:27 pm
      The Premier League will be paying Sky a sh*t load of money back then because that means it won't be on SS doesn't it? By the sounds of it, it would make more sense to move the Sunderland game forward to the Saturday. Doesn't make much difference which day the game against us gets played on because they'd then have 1 less day of recovery before the league match.

No, it depends on whether Chelsea play the first or second leg on a Tuesday. If they play the first leg on a Tuesday, then the Liverpool game will be moved back to Saturday. If they play the 2nd leg on a Tuesday, then the Sunderland game will be moved back to a Saturday.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #23: Apr 10, 2014 02:46:57 am
      As long as we beat the c**t Mourinho and his Blue Waffle Crew.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #24: Apr 10, 2014 04:05:11 am
      We are still playing Chelsea between their Home and Away legs right? Hopefully they lose the first leg 1-0. Then they have a problem if to rest players or not.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,878 posts | 704 
      Reply #25: Apr 10, 2014 04:57:08 am
      Quote from CoutinhoRed
      No, it depends on whether Chelsea play the first or second leg on a Tuesday. If they play the first leg on a Tuesday, then the Liverpool game will be moved back to Saturday. If they play the 2nd leg on a Tuesday, then the Sunderland game will be moved back to a Saturday.

It's the other way round.

If their second leg is on Tuesday, we play Chelsea on Saturday at 5.30pm. Their first leg does not affect us.

I would prefer to play on Saturday, as it is the later time, and give us an extra day to prepare for Pulis and his hackers.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #26: Apr 10, 2014 08:59:39 am
      F**k Chelsea.....surely the club and police have to be consulted....we should refuse.

If roles were reversed they wouldnt be trying to help us.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #27: Apr 11, 2014 11:40:36 am
      Chelsea have drawn Atletico. And play away in the first leg
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #28: Apr 11, 2014 12:53:43 pm
      I take it the game on the 27th will now be moved?

Edit - home game is on the 30th according to the PL so game won't be moved

@chelseafc: Away leg to be played on Tuesday 22 April, with the home leg to take place on Wednesday 30 April. #UCLDraw #CFC
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,878 posts | 704 
      Reply #29: Apr 11, 2014 01:04:03 pm
      Everyone who booked tickets for the 27th is safe.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      Reply #30: Apr 11, 2014 04:00:50 pm
      Id play them anytime any day anywhere.

But for a personal reason Im glad its not changed

Quick Reply