Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Who would you like to sign now that we are back amongst Europe's elite

Read 45047 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Who would you like to sign now that we are back amongst Europe's elite
      Reply #230: May 09, 2014 11:05:28 am
      Oooo Thomas Muller

Jeez I'm getting a semi

a similar physique and body movement to Igor Biscan.

:-\

Put the moisturiser away then

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #231: May 09, 2014 11:15:47 am
      Thomas Muller. Read yesterday we are interested in him , not seen a great deal of him but he has impressive stats is apparently unhappy at Bayern.
      I watch quite a bit of the Bundesliga s@int [thank you BT] and the lad is a good 'un - not my favourite player but a top player none the less. I see him more as a frustrated striker playing in midfield; a sort of Teddy Sheringham rather than a midfield general - if that makes any sense.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at him (far from it); like I say a top player I'm just not that sure he'd be top of my German shopping list.
      LFC Dynamo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #232: May 09, 2014 11:19:44 am
       :kop5cf8koxp6: I would go for Stergen, Lars Bender, Alex Sandro and Menez
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #233: May 09, 2014 11:24:05 am
      I'd rather not name names but for me we need a right back, a left back and a central midfielder of starting quality.  It doesn't matter who we drop for them or how we fit them in, if they're better than what we have then we'll be stronger for them.

For me these positions are our weakest, so they should be our priority.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #234: May 09, 2014 01:33:35 pm
      Schwienstieger.

I probably spelled that wrong but he would be a class signing.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #235: May 09, 2014 01:57:28 pm
      Schwienstieger.

I probably spelled that wrong but he would be a class signing.

You bugger! When I mentioned him you said he was too old for FSG .... now you are trying to steal him :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #236: May 09, 2014 01:58:17 pm
      You bugger! When I mentioned him you said he was too old for FSG .... now you are trying to steal him :)

I've since come to my senses and realized that age is just a number.

Might have something to do with me turning 39 this past Monday. ;D
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #237: May 09, 2014 02:06:08 pm
      What's the deal with Muller? Many rate him, however from what i have seen of him in the champions league and what not he seems to me like a Dirk Kuyt, a player who runs his socks off.  I don't doubt i am wrong as many like him, but can someone enlighten me to his strengths as a player?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #238: May 09, 2014 02:11:58 pm
      I've since come to my senses and realized that age is just a number.

Might have something to do with me turning 39 this past Monday. ;D

Happy birthday (belatedly) you are still a youngster at 39 .... it's next year when you become an old fart :)
      Redone
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #239: May 09, 2014 02:21:38 pm
      Isco! sign him now, or we will regret it like we did with Silva and Mata.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #240: May 09, 2014 02:33:09 pm
      My signings would be Micah Richards, Ricardo Rodriguez /pizcek, vertonghen/Lovren that's the defence sorted. Rakitic or Lallana/Diame and Konoplyanka midfield sorted. With Borini up front coming back can't really think of another name to make up the striking four ideally Lacazette or Bony/Remy as alternatives.

All realistic targets there would love a Reus but even with CL don't think we would have the wages for the lad.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #241: May 09, 2014 02:40:45 pm
      Let's be honest now - with CL football the only player we cannot attract are the real money grabbers or the location location location guys.

I can take out all of my bias now as an LFC fan....  Would I rather work under the attacking genius of Rodgers, or the 19th century football of Maureen.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #242: May 09, 2014 02:46:55 pm
      Player valuation is also a deal breaker. So far we have shown great courage by walking away from the negotiating table. Our valuation or no deal. Think Mohammed Salah.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #243: May 09, 2014 02:54:16 pm
      Player valuation is also a deal breaker. So far we have shown great courage by walking away from the negotiating table. Our valuation or no deal. Think Mohammed Salah.

One reason I really don't get hung up or worry about us paying 'too much' as we clearly are only ever going to pay what we feel a player is worth.

It's why in the Lallana debate I couldn't care less if he cost £2.5M or £25M as whatever we pay to get him is what FSG feels he is worth. Same goes for any other signing this summer.

Someone asked about Muller and mentioned him like a Dirk Kuyt and while I can see that it's doing the lad a big dis service as well. He is one of those players you sometimes think is just ok when you watch glimpses of him but watch him for a whole game or a run of games and you see his quailty.
      NZRed
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #244: May 09, 2014 07:51:01 pm
      I am surprised no one is talking about a keeper. Not disrespecting Mignolet, but I have my doubts on him, it's true he made some remarkable saves, but also big, big mistakes. His main flaws are the aerial game and the lack of command (wich I think cost us more goals this season than it appears)... I'd like a more veteran keeper, Adler from Hamburg seems a nice option to me. What do you think about this?
      I agree, I also have doubts. I've been watching the bundesliga quite a bit this year and Adler is a good shout. A younger option who I think has been outstanding this year is Kevin Trapp at Frankfurt. Either of those options would not be to pricey and in honesty, either an upgrade or at least a serious alternative if mignolet can't improve his communication at the back.
      NZRed
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #245: May 09, 2014 07:56:36 pm
      My signings would be Micah Richards, Ricardo Rodriguez /pizcek, vertonghen/Lovren that's the defence sorted. Rakitic or Lallana/Diame and Konoplyanka midfield sorted. With Borini up front coming back can't really think of another name to make up the striking four ideally Lacazette or Bony/Remy as alternatives.

All realistic targets there would love a Reus but even with CL don't think we would have the wages for the lad.

Almost exactly my thinking too in defence and up front. I just don't think we need a lallana position-wise,we  need good backups but not premium purchases in these postions. Squad men. We should go to Norwich and grab Redmond - young, talented, would fit right in to the BR philosophy, and hopefully cheap as they'll need to slash the wages bill for the Championship.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #246: May 09, 2014 08:56:50 pm
      And what about the rest of my post you cut out?

it was half 8 in the morning and I was going out the door to work, thought I cleared that up :D

But yeh I'd have Cristico, ive seen enough of him to be happy enough with him deputising for Enrique.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #247: May 09, 2014 09:06:53 pm
      it was half 8 in the morning and I was going out the door to work, thought I cleared that up :D

But yeh I'd have Cristico, ive seen enough of him to be happy enough with him deputising for Enrique.

I actually think we need someone to come in as first choice mate. Firstly we've no guarantees that Enrique will be back anywhere near his best and even his best I'm not convinced that Brendan rates as good enough.

He's been a miss this year, but I would be very surprised (even with a full recovery) if Enrique is our first choice starting RB next season.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #248: May 09, 2014 09:50:57 pm
      I actually think we need someone to come in as first choice mate. Firstly we've no guarantees that Enrique will be back anywhere near his best and even his best I'm not convinced that Brendan rates as good enough.

He's been a miss this year, but I would be very surprised (even with a full recovery) if Enrique is our first choice starting RB next season.

Left back :D

I know what you're saying mate, but how far can you go with the budget, I'd also put Lukaku, Coleman Konopylanka and Barkley down, so you have to pinch pennies somewhere :D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #249: May 09, 2014 10:01:34 pm
      Left back :D

I know what you're saying mate, but how far can you go with the budget, I'd also put Lukaku, Coleman Konopylanka and Barkley down, so you have to pinch pennies somewhere :D

:D duh!

Yeah it's true mate I'm sure we wont fill all our priorities and in truth I've never heard of the lad you're on about so I'm in no place to judge. Would certainly take Lukaku/Coleman and Barkley off that list though without second thoughts. The only question about Lukaku would be if he was willing to drop from regular starter to 3rd choice.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #250: May 09, 2014 10:46:50 pm
      :D duh!

Yeah it's true mate I'm sure we wont fill all our priorities and in truth I've never heard of the lad you're on about so I'm in no place to judge. Would certainly take Lukaku/Coleman and Barkley off that list though without second thoughts. The only question about Lukaku would be if he was willing to drop from regular starter to 3rd choice.

He's played about 5-6 games this season, was bought for £11m about two seasons ago, think he could be bought for around £6m ish, he'd be more an Aspas signing than a Coutinho, for that sort of money (Cristico that is), he's also not the greatest defender but he's ok going forward and can play at left midfield too.

Lukaku would maybe see how a former Chelsea collegue has thrived at Liverpool and fancy some of that action himself.

As you say its all pretty much fantasy football and we'll find out who were after and who we buy soon enough.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #251: May 09, 2014 11:08:31 pm
      There has been all kinds of players linked to us in recent weeks most of them i never heard of and all more than likely pure bullshit . One things for certain that if this coming transfer window ends up like last summers i'll be heading for the air raid shelter . Please God no more dross signings , I'm not asking for world class players worth 35-40 mil , just decent hard working players with grit and determination that can play as a team .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #252: May 10, 2014 10:05:16 am
      We need a class goalkeeper and the stand out goalkeeper for me this season has been Marshall has been for the last two seasons would even say he is a step up on Miggs if i am honest ,

Quick Reply