Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Adam Lallana (Southampton)

Read 123270 times
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Re: Adam Lallana (Southampton)
      Reply #1564: Jun 29, 2014 07:36:24 am
      I think Brendan has bought him to provide competition and maybe as an improvement over Hendo. We all are aware of the immense work rate both these players are capable of but with Lallana we get someone who is much more of a goal threat and with improved technical skills. Hendo has all the potential in the world but at present Lallana is the superior player.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1565: Jun 29, 2014 08:31:28 am
      We'll just have to wait and see. Cannot see him turning out to be a star here, but I'll wait. Would've preferred Sanchez tbh but Brendan has a different eye when it comes to talent.

You'll wait? Seems like your mind is made up to me. Haven't stopped posting about how he isn't quality, not what we need, not good enough and you'd rather sign no one than sign Lallana.

But I look forward to you not posting about him anymore considering you will 'wait'. Does that mean five games, five months, or a season or two?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1566: Jun 29, 2014 08:37:47 am
      I think by the time he's hanging up his boots 25m will seem about right for him
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #1567: Jun 29, 2014 09:27:36 am
      You'll wait? Seems like your mind is made up to me. Haven't stopped posting about how he isn't quality, not what we need, not good enough and you'd rather sign no one than sign Lallana.

But I look forward to you not posting about him anymore considering you will 'wait'. Does that mean five games, five months, or a season or two?

Nope, I'll wait.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1568: Jun 29, 2014 09:39:57 am
      We'll just have to wait and see. Cannot see him turning out to be a star here, but I'll wait. Would've preferred Sanchez tbh but Brendan has a different eye when it comes to talent.

As with any new player he will be given the chance to prove himself at Anfield, it is a bit unfair to prejudge the lad when he hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #1569: Jun 29, 2014 10:29:08 am
      I think Brendan has bought him to provide competition and maybe as an improvement over Hendo. We all are aware of the immense work rate both these players are capable of but with Lallana we get someone who is much more of a goal threat and with improved technical skills. Hendo has all the potential in the world but at present Lallana is the superior player.

Doesn't really make sense. I'll agree on last years form Lallana was the better player (but not by much - Hendo was pretty excellent), but they play in different positions to each other.
      raymondo92
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #1570: Jun 29, 2014 12:53:53 pm
      I think it'll be more of a battle between Coutinho and Lallana for a starting place if I'm honest.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1571: Jun 29, 2014 02:50:43 pm
      Coutinho for home games, Lallna for away games :D
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #1572: Jun 29, 2014 03:59:53 pm
      We are going to sign either Markovic or Shaqiri so Cou has major threat from that signing. Lallana can be useful for us where Hendo plays.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1573: Jun 29, 2014 04:03:34 pm
      Don't care how much we paid the lad is a good footballer and scores goals that's a Liverpool player anyday of the week
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1574: Jun 29, 2014 04:07:32 pm
      I genuinely can't say I know his game inside and out, I have only watched a couple of Southampton games for the entire 90 minutes, one at WHL where I remember him having a good game.
      You can't tell off of highlights clips or MOTD what they are all about but I will say I'm looking forward to watching him play from the bits I've seen
      From those bits I'd say he can do a job wide on the front three, as a 10 or slightly deeper than that in the midfield.
      So in theory someone who can fit as many positions comfortably can only be a good thing for  the squad

The fee... Who cares
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1575: Jun 29, 2014 04:10:14 pm
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1576: Jun 29, 2014 05:38:32 pm
      Me personally I couldn't give a F**k what we paid, we get shafted in the market more often than not buying and selling. :D
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #1577: Jun 29, 2014 11:31:20 pm

Well, it is some £7m cheaper than the rumoured £30m price tag I supposedly started.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #1578: Jun 29, 2014 11:42:24 pm
      thing is with lallana, he is quality enough to be a first 11 player, but when he is on the bench he offers so many options with regards to formations, work rate etc

i really dont see a negative in this transfer
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1579: Jun 29, 2014 11:42:39 pm
      Well, it is some £7m cheaper than the rumoured £30m price tag I supposedly started.

Not if you include the addons mate.

Also still £50million including wages .... I hope he is worth it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,296 posts | 4942 
      Reply #1580: Jun 30, 2014 12:42:40 am
      Not if you include the addons mate.

Also still £50million including wages .... I hope he is worth it.

He will be mate
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,365 posts | 1538 
      Reply #1581: Jun 30, 2014 01:24:46 am
      Welcome to the Reds Adam. Decent signing I'd say. Perhaps not top drawer, but still plenty of quality, already acclimatised to the prem. Think he'll add  a bit more versatility to our squad, and is a better player than what we started with in regard to Hendo. If he improves at the same rate, he'll be awesome come next season. (2015/16) Good long term buy.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #1582: Jun 30, 2014 03:30:55 am
      The thing I'm most intrigued by is the stat about him winning possession back in the attacking 3rd more than any other player in the Prem (I think that's accurate).  Assuming this is an accurate bit of info, I think that this paired with his ability on the ball, tactical flexibility, and in-game intelligence will make him a perfect cog in a BR managed team.  He may not be world class, but if he is able to do what BR wants him to then he will be a success at LFC. 
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1583: Jun 30, 2014 03:54:51 am
      The thing I'm most intrigued by is the stat about him winning possession back in the attacking 3rd more than any other player in the Prem (I think that's accurate).  Assuming this is an accurate bit of info, I think that this paired with his ability on the ball, tactical flexibility, and in-game intelligence will make him a perfect cog in a BR managed team.  He may not be world class, but if he is able to do what BR wants him to then he will be a success at LFC. 

Him and hendo are going to run opponents into the ground Harry.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1584: Jun 30, 2014 10:43:36 am

I just wish I had your faith mate. I think he is a good player who works hard and makes excellent runs into the box, but not as creative as I would have liked. Still he has to be an improvement on Moses :) I certainly think he is good enough to be a starting first team player just not good enough to be a star first team player.

Doesn't excite me like a £25million signing should TBH.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1585: Jun 30, 2014 10:48:58 am
      I just wish I had your faith mate. I think he is a good player who works hard and makes excellent runs into the box, but not as creative as I would have liked. Still he has to be an improvement on Moses :) I certainly think he is good enough to be a starting first team player just not good enough to be a star first team player.

Doesn't excite me like a £25million signing should TBH.

Is that because he isn't deemed as an 'exciting player' though s@int?

Would you get a touch on if he had cost half the amount? Or a third?

Or would you feel the same about him as a player because of the type of player he actually is?

This lad Markovic is touted at 20-25 million, I can't say I'm more or less excited by him..

Maybe we just don't get excited enough anymore mate.

My feelings tend to be anxious over any signing as it's always hit and miss if any signing settles, whether they cost 1.50 and a foot pump or 30 million, there are no guarantees

As I said yesterday I think he will be a good addition, the price doesn't worry me, it's not like we valued him at 3 million and spent 25. We seemingly valued him at 20- well actually if you start the bidding there it tends to suggest you value him higher- but we valued him 20 and paying 23 plus add ons with the reports. And if he achieves those add on we won't be complaining as it's likely we will have been very successful
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1586: Jun 30, 2014 11:02:31 am
      Maybe after David Luis has gone for 50 mill and Lallana for 25, it's our valuations as fans that are out of kilter. The Mancs have paid 29 mill for a midfielder who wasn't at the World Cup too, so perhaps the TV money has pushed fees up to even more ridiculous levels. Given that, Luis Suarez the first 100 million pound player?

Quick Reply