Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

Adam Lallana (Southampton)

Read 123268 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Adam Lallana (Southampton)
      Reply #1587: Jun 30, 2014 11:08:47 am
      . Given that, Luis Suarez the first 100 million pound player?

That type of offer would give Mr Henry something to chew over

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #1588: Jun 30, 2014 11:30:45 am
      Maybe after David Luis has gone for 50 mill and Lallana for 25, it's our valuations as fans that are out of kilter.

Something I mentioned in another thread.

TV money has risen by at least £30M for every single Premier League club in one season alone. But everyone has got that money so these clubs like Southampton do not feel as interested in a £15M or so offer for one of their players.

I would have thought under these circumstances LFC could have got far better value by going abroad.

Given that, Luis Suarez the first 100 million pound player?

That's the problem.  What's happened to Spanish revenues? If their TV market has increased by +£30M in a year then yeah - they might think lets do it - £100M's nothing.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1589: Jun 30, 2014 11:33:09 am
      Is that because he isn't deemed as an 'exciting player' though s@int?

Would you get a touch on if he had cost half the amount? Or a third?

Or would you feel the same about him as a player because of the type of player he actually is?

This lad Markovic is touted at 20-25 million, I can't say I'm more or less excited by him..

Maybe we just don't get excited enough anymore mate.

My feelings tend to be anxious over any signing as it's always hit and miss if any signing settles, whether they cost 1.50 and a foot pump or 30 million, there are no guarantees

As I said yesterday I think he will be a good addition, the price doesn't worry me, it's not like we valued him at 3 million and spent 25. We seemingly valued him at 20- well actually if you start the bidding there it tends to suggest you value him higher- but we valued him 20 and paying 23 plus add ons with the reports. And if he achieves those add on we won't be complaining as it's likely we will have been very successful

I think it's probably because I just don't rate him that highly mate, or at least as highly as some. We haven't signed many players for £20m+ and I think there was only Robbie Keane of those that I wasn't excited to sign before Lallana. Downing I thought we were paying way over the odds in a similar fashion to Lallana, which as I said probably means I didn't rate him that highly either. Strangely I thought Downing did much better than most on here. (maybe a lower expectation level has its benefits?)

As I have said elsewhere I don't think players who are playing abroad carry the same burden, we tend not to have seen much of them so it is harder to put a value on them and as we usually just see their highlights it's much easier to become excited at the thought of signing a £20million+ foreign player.

I think maybe my expectations now we are back in the CL were a little too high. I expected a couple of top stars, players that could take us to the next level rather than players that may strengthen us slightly. Maybe if we had signed one, or if we do sign one, I will feel much happier about Lallana, but if Lallana is our star signing I will be disappointed.

I still get as excited as ever when I see us connected with top players mate. When we were linked with Fabregas or Sanchez I was like a dog with two dicks, but Lambert and Lallana it's more a feeling of .... Meh, they will do a job.

Still plenty of time left yet ... so I live in hope.

Maybe after David Luis has gone for 50 mill and Lallana for 25, it's our valuations as fans that are out of kilter. The Mancs have paid 29 mill for a midfielder who wasn't at the World Cup too, so perhaps the TV money has pushed fees up to even more ridiculous levels. Given that, Luis Suarez the first 100 million pound player?

I think you may be right mate, but I don't think that really affects how we feel about a player. If we had signed Lallana for £15million I would be thinking he was a good buy, but I would still be disappointed if he was our star buy.

« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2014 11:46:35 am by s@int »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1590: Jun 30, 2014 12:08:15 pm
      It's past 12pm England time, what times the unveiling?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1591: Jun 30, 2014 12:13:32 pm
      It's past 12pm England time, what times the unveiling?

They may well decide to leave it till tomorrow then they can unveil Can as well ?
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #1592: Jun 30, 2014 12:18:20 pm
      They may well decide to leave it till tomorrow then they can unveil Can as well ?

Yeah I feel that is their plan. Lallana and Can holding up the scarf with Ayre in the middle.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,380 posts | 6403 
      Reply #1593: Jun 30, 2014 01:01:57 pm
      Yeah I feel that is their plan. Lallana and Can holding up the scarf with Ayre in the middle.

And Sanchez on Ayre's shoulders with his shorts rolled up.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #1594: Jun 30, 2014 01:06:44 pm
      And Sanchez on Ayre's shoulders with his shorts rolled up.

Ewww.. *shudders*

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1595: Jun 30, 2014 01:32:17 pm
      according to reports Adam Lallana passed his medical and signed  a 4 year contract
       Liverpool are paying £23m up front rising to £25m with add-ons
       And he will be announced Today befor the player leaves for his holiday

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/485768/Adam-Lallana-has-PASSED-Liverpool-medical-and-will-seal-25m-Liverpool-move-TODAY

Welcome to Anfiels Adam lad

YNWA
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1596: Jun 30, 2014 01:39:27 pm

I thought they were going to unveil both of them today.....oh well, what's another 24 hours. We might have stitched up a couple of other signings by then and they might want to parade them all at the same time.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,698 posts | 3937 
      Reply #1597: Jun 30, 2014 02:06:57 pm
      Absolute spot on signing for me. Top draw!!!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1598: Jun 30, 2014 02:08:53 pm
      I thought they were going to unveil both of them today.....oh well, what's another 24 hours. We might have stitched up a couple of other signings by then and they might want to parade them all at the same time.

I don't think they can register Can until the 1st July mate, while players we buy from other English clubs can be registered anytime after the last game of the season. So while they can unveil Lallana today if they wish, they will have to wait till tomorrow to unveil Can. 

Although, in England, the transfer window formally opens on 1 July, transfers between clubs in the same association can take place as soon as the last competitive fixtures for the season have been played.
      From Wiki

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1599: Jun 30, 2014 02:15:43 pm
      Saw this a few mins ago:

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport 1h

Am told the Lallana to Liverpool deal should complete later today #saintsfc #LFC
      jtrollip
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 192 posts |
      Reply #1600: Jun 30, 2014 02:52:05 pm
      I'm happy enough with this deal.

Lallana, Can and Lambert in, is a good solid start to the transfer window. Now let's hope we steadily improve on the next few in
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1601: Jun 30, 2014 07:02:55 pm
      If we were paying a similar amount for a comparable player from another league I don't think there'd be many complaints. Say it was Griezmann - he's 23, scored 16 la Liga goals 3 assists. Lallana scored 9, 6 assists - fairly comparable. We all know you pay a slight premium for English/premier league players, as Real Madrid would find if they tried for Sterling but it's not out of all proportion
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #1602: Jun 30, 2014 08:59:46 pm
      Wonder if it is all officially signed and they are just waiting to confirm it tonorrow with interviews and photos already conducted.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1603: Jun 30, 2014 10:50:00 pm
      Wonder if it is all officially signed and they are just waiting to confirm it tonorrow with interviews and photos already conducted.

There was another tweet (by a different person) after the one I posted earlier which said it'll be announced tomorrow because Brendan has been busy receiving an honorary degree today so you could be right on that one.
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Reply #1604: Jul 01, 2014 10:51:06 am
      Any 'scarf held above head' pics yet?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1605: Jul 01, 2014 10:56:17 am
      I was going to ask what the hell is going on with this transfer, but reading above it may be we are just waiting for the photos to come back from the chemists.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1606: Jul 01, 2014 11:00:56 am
      All done.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1607: Jul 01, 2014 11:05:23 am
      Welcome to the Club Adam.  I'm really looking forward to see him playing for us.
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Reply #1608: Jul 01, 2014 11:07:36 am
      I was going to ask what the hell is going on with this transfer, but reading above it may be we are just waiting for the photos to come back from the chemists.

Think we are waiting to get them all in the same picture/photo booth to save a few quid  :)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1609: Jul 01, 2014 11:08:20 am
      Three in and None out, bet John Henry is sat there counting his beans whilst shaking like a shitting dog.

Welcome to the Club Adam, hopefully you can replicate and improve your Southampton form at Liverpool FC.

Quick Reply