Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

I could not be any prouder as a Liverpool supporter

Read 11669 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: I could not be any prouder as a Liverpool supporter
      Reply #23: May 03, 2014 05:07:28 pm
      Without a shadow of a doubt the most emotive, honest and important post I think I've ever read on here WAHS.

Praise from high indeed that. Cheers mate!

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #24: May 03, 2014 06:01:57 pm
      I'll remember it as the year that we actually arrived back as contenders. The year that we finally buried that huge threat of mediocrity that has threatened us during the last four years in which we have seen an historical change in club ownership, the return and exit of a King, old heroes walk out, new heroes arrive, legends retire and a Roy Hodgson.

But I'll remember it more for it being the year that these Brendan Rodgers visions and philosophies became oh so very clear and 'Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool Manager' arrived and put us back into Europe. In the same year that the Hillsborough Inquests got underway and that a monumentous and courageous fight for justice, by ordinary, working class people who refused to back down from the corrupt powers that be, became imminent, a quarter of a century on from when the tragedy occurred.

I'll be happy as f**king Larry if we win the league do not get me wrong and I will be the most annoying, drunken, shouting, piss taking b***ard any of my Toffee nosed mates have ever known. I assure you of that.

Promise it!

If we don't though, I'll be pissed off for about an hour. Tops. After that? Well you can refer back to the previous paragraph.

Liverpool can make me the happiest person in the world but I refuse to let it ruin my day anymore.

To put it in context, on December 29th last year we got beat by Chelsea 2-1. The way I felt after that game I'll never forget. I was in tears, my head spinning, heart pumping with the taste of lager in my mouth drying up and the drink in me threatening to turn sinister and force my fist into the suddenly weak looking exterior brick wall of my local alehouse. The result would have normally arsed me and changed my mood, but not this time. All focus was on a text that my Dad (my Hero) had sent to me from Arrowe Park Hospital informing me that the Doctors thought he had a tumour. It was later confirmed as bowel and liver cancer and our lives were turned upside down.

Since then there's been Chemotherapy of which finished on 25th April. Four months of hell entwined with Liverpool Football Club taking me and my Old Man on one f**king hell of a ride. It's been f**king mental. Smashing Everton, destroying Arsenal, Tottenham 4-0, United 3-0, that City match? Fucks, besides a 2-2 against Villa we won every single one of our f**king league games in that time!! Talk about a distraction from things! The ride this club has taken us on has provided such an amazing thing to be involved in during such a dark time. A thing for me and Dad to go to, to discuss, to celebrate and smile about.

Then came Chelsea last week, the best part of four months on since that horrible game in December and all of it's horrible f**king memories and two days on from my Dad having his last Chemotherapy session. We know what happened in the ninety and my Dad just walked out with his face dropped, he looked really down because of a Liverpool game for the first time in a long time and it took me back to that last Chelsea game. Anyhow, my Dad's scan had been booked for the 12th May and we knew that during the match and all of a sudden the Liverpool run and title challenge seemed like nothing on reflection.

On Wednesday my Dad got a phone call from the Hospital, they had brought the scan forward from the 12th. By the Thursday lunchtime we were sitting in the Cancer Centre at Clatterbridge Hospital waiting to see the Doctor to discuss the results of the scan my Dad had just had. Bad news I hear you think? It's what I was thinking. "Good news" said the Doctor before going into detail of how the chemo had been working wonders and where we go from now on. Me and my Dad just sort of looked at each other as he said it and then walked out smiling like Cheshire Cats. I'm nursing the two day hangover as I type.

For me there will always be two significant defeats this season and they have been dealt to us by Chelsea. If we win the league then it will be glorious, fantastic, amazing.

If not, f**k it! The club has taken me and my Dad on such an amazing journey during a period of time that was incredibly hard but made easier by the elation of the results we got within those four months.

No matter what happens between now and a week tomorrow the club made me happy this year and me and my Dad will be in the Camp and Furnace come May 11th getting absolutely fuckng wasted whilst celebrating a fantastic year for the club and something to be proud of.

At half time, Dad 1-0 Cancer and I couldn't be any prouder to be a Liverpool Supporter if I tried!

Made up for you and dad just goes to show in the darkest of times lfc still has the magic to pick you up, whatever this end of season brings your dad is the ultimate winner and that my friend is just about the best reason i can find to celebrate,  i lost my mate to cancer in march ,he was a massive liverpool fan so whatever happens come may 11th i will be having a beer for him looking up and telling him we are back. All my best to yer old man.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25: May 03, 2014 06:53:38 pm
      We can all be proud of how we've supported the Club, players and Manager this season. 

Unlike our shameful neighbours who are happy to throw in the towel whilst CL football is still a possibility just so they can taunt their rivals.  If they put half as much support into their team as they have hate for us, they'd might actually get some respect.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #26: May 03, 2014 07:03:32 pm
      We can all be proud of how we've supported the Club, players and Manager this season. 

Unlike our shameful neighbours who are happy to throw in the towel whilst CL football is still a possibility just so they can taunt their rivals.  If they put half as much support into their team as they have hate for us, they'd might actually get some respect.

they are not called BITTERS for nothing.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #27: May 03, 2014 10:24:39 pm
      Have to say CoutinhoRed, that is one of the greatest posts I've read on the forum, EVER! I needed to read that, been feeling like the remainder of the season is a little bit of a damp squid but that has just settled me. Exceptional how far we have came, when you think about it like you have. Top marks mate!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #28: May 03, 2014 10:43:03 pm
      they are not called BITTERS for nothing.

So true mate.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #29: May 03, 2014 10:47:40 pm
      I'll remember it as the year that we actually arrived back as contenders. The year that we finally buried that huge threat of mediocrity that has threatened us during the last four years in which we have seen an historical change in club ownership, the return and exit of a King, old heroes walk out, new heroes arrive, legends retire and a Roy Hodgson.

But I'll remember it more for it being the year that these Brendan Rodgers visions and philosophies became oh so very clear and 'Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool Manager' arrived and put us back into Europe. In the same year that the Hillsborough Inquests got underway and that a monumentous and courageous fight for justice, by ordinary, working class people who refused to back down from the corrupt powers that be, became imminent, a quarter of a century on from when the tragedy occurred.

I'll be happy as f**king Larry if we win the league do not get me wrong and I will be the most annoying, drunken, shouting, piss taking b***ard any of my Toffee nosed mates have ever known. I assure you of that.

Promise it!

If we don't though, I'll be pissed off for about an hour. Tops. After that? Well you can refer back to the previous paragraph.

Liverpool can make me the happiest person in the world but I refuse to let it ruin my day anymore.

To put it in context, on December 29th last year we got beat by Chelsea 2-1. The way I felt after that game I'll never forget. I was in tears, my head spinning, heart pumping with the taste of lager in my mouth drying up and the drink in me threatening to turn sinister and force my fist into the suddenly weak looking exterior brick wall of my local alehouse. The result would have normally arsed me and changed my mood, but not this time. All focus was on a text that my Dad (my Hero) had sent to me from Arrowe Park Hospital informing me that the Doctors thought he had a tumour. It was later confirmed as bowel and liver cancer and our lives were turned upside down.

Since then there's been Chemotherapy of which finished on 25th April. Four months of hell entwined with Liverpool Football Club taking me and my Old Man on one f**king hell of a ride. It's been f**king mental. Smashing Everton, destroying Arsenal, Tottenham 4-0, United 3-0, that City match? Fucks, besides a 2-2 against Villa we won every single one of our f**king league games in that time!! Talk about a distraction from things! The ride this club has taken us on has provided such an amazing thing to be involved in during such a dark time. A thing for me and Dad to go to, to discuss, to celebrate and smile about.

Then came Chelsea last week, the best part of four months on since that horrible game in December and all of it's horrible f**king memories and two days on from my Dad having his last Chemotherapy session. We know what happened in the ninety and my Dad just walked out with his face dropped, he looked really down because of a Liverpool game for the first time in a long time and it took me back to that last Chelsea game. Anyhow, my Dad's scan had been booked for the 12th May and we knew that during the match and all of a sudden the Liverpool run and title challenge seemed like nothing on reflection.

On Wednesday my Dad got a phone call from the Hospital, they had brought the scan forward from the 12th. By the Thursday lunchtime we were sitting in the Cancer Centre at Clatterbridge Hospital waiting to see the Doctor to discuss the results of the scan my Dad had just had. Bad news I hear you think? It's what I was thinking. "Good news" said the Doctor before going into detail of how the chemo had been working wonders and where we go from now on. Me and my Dad just sort of looked at each other as he said it and then walked out smiling like Cheshire Cats. I'm nursing the two day hangover as I type.

For me there will always be two significant defeats this season and they have been dealt to us by Chelsea. If we win the league then it will be glorious, fantastic, amazing.

If not, f**k it! The club has taken me and my Dad on such an amazing journey during a period of time that was incredibly hard but made easier by the elation of the results we got within those four months.

No matter what happens between now and a week tomorrow the club made me happy this year and me and my Dad will be in the Camp and Furnace come May 11th getting absolutely fuckng wasted whilst celebrating a fantastic year for the club and something to be proud of.

At half time, Dad 1-0 Cancer and I couldn't be any prouder to be a Liverpool Supporter if I tried!

F**k mate

I'm in bits but genuinely genuinely happy for you both.

Football is a passion we all share but if I was given the choice right now of us winning the league or your old man winning his fight then there is only one winner

And I'd be a happy man that your old man will be seeing  No25 in years to come

Quality post mate
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #30: May 04, 2014 02:51:26 am

Promise it!

Made up for you and your Dad mate. I unfortunately lost my old chap on 25th April following heart by pass surgery followed by a lung infection he was unable to overcome. Came as a big shock, as he seemed to be making good progress before the infection took hold. It sort of puts a different light on life, and some things become a little less important all of a sudden. Thing is, life has to go on, and it would be brilliant if this were to be the year we won it.
       Would help to ease my pain a bit, and help to bring a bit of sunshine back, earlier than expected. It's times like these that you need something else to focus on occasionally, and my focus has been Liverpool F.C.
      Win it or not, It's still been a great season, and a year i'll never forget for different reasons.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #31: May 04, 2014 12:45:12 pm
      This is the thing,you get so emotional at football. Some people think you're daft but quite often there's a story behind it. My Dad died suddenly of a heart attack a couple of years ago he was only 53. We'd been to Anfield countless times together over the years,we played Stoke in an FA Cup match not long after. I went to the game and don't know how I kept it together during YNWA.
      I'm desperate for us to win it,thinking back to eighties when I first started going and have been thinking about him all the time during this run in. My heart goes out to anyone who is suffering or has family illnesses/problems but isn't it great to think the LFC can help you through a situation.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #32: May 04, 2014 03:46:55 pm
      It's in threads like these that my sig is very appropriate.
      karlp606
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #33: May 04, 2014 04:46:07 pm
      Amazing thread.
      I think this thread alone proves LFC is not just another normal business orientated money making club, we are a family.

YNWA to all.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #34: May 04, 2014 05:06:10 pm
      Kwalitee thread with some top notch posts.  :gt-happyup:

Come the 11th I'll be as happy as I am now unless we win the league and then I'll be a gibbering wreck, anyone who complains if we don't win the league needs either a reality check or a kick up the ass.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #35: May 04, 2014 05:12:07 pm
      This is probably the best thread on the forum.

Everyone has said some great things that make this a club that brings together all from around the world to be family.

I am not an old timer fan of the club, as I have been supporting them for 8 years, but I am very proud to see what we have accomplished this season. Amazing and would not have dreamt of it at the beginning of the season. I have been lucky enough to see Liverpool play in Boston 2 years ago. The day of the game, I was told my Grandma had passed away. When all the stadium filled with Liverpool fans sang YNWA, I knew I was not alone and had a "family" standing by me through the hard time. I could not finish singing as I was overcome by the emotion of it all.

I am truly a very proud Liverpool supporter and feel like they chose me, I did not chose them.

You'll Never Walk Alone in all you do.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4840 
      Reply #36: May 04, 2014 07:14:35 pm
      Kwalitee thread with some top notch posts.  :gt-happyup:

Come the 11th I'll be as happy as I am now unless we win the league and then I'll be a gibbering wreck, anyone who complains if we don't win the league needs either a reality check or a kick up the ass.

Quite right. We have already over achieved but I wouldn't bet against us being even prouder a week today.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #37: May 04, 2014 07:16:21 pm
      Quite right. We have already over achieved but I wouldn't bet against us being even prouder a week today.

Its definitely NOT OVER YET.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4840 
      Reply #38: May 04, 2014 07:18:21 pm

OKAY
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #39: May 04, 2014 07:28:02 pm
      when was the last time we went into the last game of the season with a chance of winning the league I cant remember and if we do get to that then what a season we have had regardless of whether we win it or not
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #40: May 04, 2014 08:44:44 pm
      This has been fantastic season, no matter how it ends.

Foundation for our domination has been laid.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #41: May 04, 2014 10:25:54 pm

Promise it!

This is the reason i always read through the topic posts before posting myself. The reason being that sometimes there is a post among all the others that stands out from the rest and this is one of those posts. Unbeatable.

All the best to your dad WAHS and wish him well from me and my family. Make sure you do please.

P.S. Thoughts go out to GERNS and his family too. All in it together. YNWA.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4840 
      Reply #42: May 04, 2014 10:59:16 pm
      This is the reason i always read through the topic posts before posting myself. The reason being that sometimes there is a post among all the others that stands out from the rest and this is one of those posts. Unbeatable.

All the best to your dad WAHS and wish him well from me and my family. Make sure you do please.

P.S. Thoughts go out to GERNS and his family too. All in it together. YNWA.

Will do kid and thank you.

:gt-happyup:

Gabri
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts | 26 
      Reply #43: May 05, 2014 07:46:37 am

Promise it!

Great post!! you remind me my story back in 2007. Since I am from Greece, I was extremely delighted that Liverpool was coming to Athens for the ChL final. I had lost my father on the 20th of February, the day before our 1-2 win in Barcelona (at the round of 16). he was also a Liverpool supporter and I was somehow gutted when I saw that the team was coming to Athens, because I did not have him with me to celebrate this event. So on one hand I was extremely delighted that I was about to see Liverpool play in a Final in Athens, but on the other hand I was feeling depressed that I was not going to share this memory with my dad.

So sometimes football is full of mixing emotions. I hope that on the 11th of May there is going to be another special emotion for us!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #44: May 06, 2014 10:57:04 am
      This is the thread to be, right now!!

With half the world loathing our success and rejoicing our defeat, its a clear indication of us rising back to the top again. I couldn't be more proud of our boys, and Suarez's dedication was very very obvious. The plastics & shitty have invested money & wages. Our players have invested their heart and soul for our club, all we need to do now is to find 4-5 similar players who are gonna wear the shirt with utter pride and commitment

I'm sure Peters has a job to do now but like Thomas Wayne tells Master Bruce, Why do we fall?

Onwards & Upwards! YNWA!!

We Go Again  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,828 posts | 580 
      Reply #45: May 07, 2014 05:55:28 pm
      At least we have taken it to the last day...not a bad effort coming from 7th isn't it?

Quick Reply