Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Predictions at the Palace

LFC win
      98 (96.1%)
      Draw
      4 (3.9%)
      Palace win
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Voting closed: May 04, 2014 12:17:15 pm

Pre Match: Crystal Palace v Liverpool Mon 5th May 20:00

Read 28105 times
      LFCexiled
      Re: Pre Match: Crystal Palace v Liverpool Mon 5th May 20:00
      Reply #230: May 05, 2014 05:00:52 pm

It's doin my head in Bri, I went on the kinect with the kids to pass some time and then for some reason thought it was a 5.15 kick off until I turned the 360 off and the remembered it's the late match.

Slowest day ever.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #231: May 05, 2014 05:03:35 pm
      All or nothing tonight. Anything but a win would all but declare City as the league winners. Massive game this!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #232: May 05, 2014 05:16:26 pm
      Fu**ing hell it's dragged today, can't wait to get this started.  The penultimate game of the season and still with a chance of winning the Title.  Let's hope last weekends disappointment has fired the lads up for one last push, rather than knock the stuffing out of them like some are hoping.

Less than 3 hours to go and for the first time in weeks, I'm nervous.  Not for the result but the performance, I'd hate to see the lads heads drop now after the season they've had.  Hopefully they've all had some sessions with Steve Peters this week  ;)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #233: May 05, 2014 05:36:24 pm
      This is the my first ever post as I just registered this morning. I have been a supporter of Heart of Midlothian FC in Scotland for close to 30 years, and have followed Liverpool for 26 years. My favourite player in the days I first started following Liverpool was John Barnes, then Michael Owen, then Fowler, now it's obviously Stevie G!!

I wanted to read what your feelings were on the title race. I have to say after the Man City Everton game yesterday I felt physically sick, I really felt Everton deserved a point. I still BELIEVE the title is coming home. I'm going for a 3-1 victory tonight. Then Man City to draw at home to Villa.

YNWA JFT96!!

Welcome Rude Boy .

Are you sure you are not from Jamaica ?!

Lets get this thang done FFS !     Lets Go RedMen

The Longest Day.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #234: May 05, 2014 05:42:31 pm
      If we get a couple of early goals I'd like to think we will run riot but I can't see it happening, this is going to be a very tough game!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #235: May 05, 2014 05:43:54 pm
      If we get a couple of early goals I'd like to think we will run riot but I can't see it happening, this is going to be a very tough game!

that's my hope .
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #236: May 05, 2014 05:57:21 pm
      Just win we ain't gonna make up a 13-14 goal difference
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #237: May 05, 2014 06:04:44 pm
      Just win we ain't gonna make up a 13-14 goal difference

we only need 9 tonight  ;)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #238: May 05, 2014 06:06:54 pm
      3 points.
      Just give us 3 points.
      Screw goal difference....let Villa and the Hammers try and take points off city.
      A win.
      So nervous....more so than before the Chavs game which i was certain we'd win.
      IM
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts | 12 
      Reply #239: May 05, 2014 06:08:32 pm

Yes, The Longest day...

I am... scared..(?)...looking forward to the match (?)...nervous... ?   

What can I say (when my English  is too poor to say my all feelings...?!)

In any case :
      I AM PROUD OF  LFC !
      I AM PROUD OF YOU, FANS !
      I AM PROUD OF THIS FORUM - AND THANK YOU !
      (I am very happy ,that I can be together with you this day, and another days...)

COME ON REDS!

YNWA

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #240: May 05, 2014 06:10:42 pm

Been done before against them.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,621 posts | 1115 
      Reply #241: May 05, 2014 06:10:54 pm
      I can honestly say, as a 36 year old man who has been watching this club since I was 4 years old, the last 2 months have been the most nervewracking of those 36 years.

I have done nothing but think about winning this title, all day and all night ... I have enjoyed the ride but its been torture at the same time. I tried for so long not to get carried away, to not let myself become desperate for it not to slip ... but thats how I feel now ... desperate. And i am sure there are many if not all on here who feel similar.

I want this so bad for the 96, and their families. Secondly I want this bad for Stevie for everything he has done for us. And thirdly I want it for everyone who supports this great club and makes it what it is.

We deserve to win this title ... make no mistake about it.

As well as we have done this season, with all the positives... none of those positives will be of any consolation to me if we don't win it. None of the positives will help bury the disappointment.

I am proud of the players and management this season. They have been outstanding.

Tonight is a night to stand tall ... no excuses ... make citeh win it ... do not give it to them. Take it to the last game and lets see if nolan can get Carroll downing and co up for spoiling the party citeh already seem to think they will be having.

If we can take it to the last game, and get ahead early against newcastle ... that citeh crowd and their players will know it ... and they will feel it. And more to the point, so will the west ham players, especially those mentioned above. And it might, just might galvanise them to battle for their lives to spoil citeh's party. Pressure does funny things ... we have to keep the heat on them tonight.

COYMR !!!!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #242: May 05, 2014 06:17:06 pm
      I don't even know what to think anymore.  Still gutted after the Chelsea loss.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #243: May 05, 2014 06:22:39 pm
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #244: May 05, 2014 06:23:30 pm
      Quote from waltonl4 on Today at 06:04:44 PM
      we only need 9 tonight 

Been done before against them.

I remember it well, and that's why I wanted a 0-9 on by bet, but bet365 only go up to 0-8, so ive gone with that and a 1-8, just so 9 goals are scored. As mentioned above, make citeh win it, don't make it easy for them :)
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,601 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #245: May 05, 2014 06:24:29 pm
      I can honestly say, as a 36 year old man who has been watching this club since I was 4 years old, the last 2 months have been the most nervewracking of those 36 years.

I have done nothing but think about winning this title, all day and all night ... I have enjoyed the ride but its been torture at the same time. I tried for so long not to get carried away, to not let myself become desperate for it not to slip ... but thats how I feel now ... desperate. And i am sure there are many if not all on here who feel similar.

I want this so bad for the 96, and their families. Secondly I want this bad for Stevie for everything he has done for us. And thirdly I want it for everyone who supports this great club and makes it what it is.

We deserve to win this title ... make no mistake about it.

As well as we have done this season, with all the positives... none of those positives will be of any consolation to me if we don't win it. None of the positives will help bury the disappointment.

I am proud of the players and management this season. They have been outstanding.

Tonight is a night to stand tall ... no excuses ... make citeh win it ... do not give it to them. Take it to the last game and lets see if nolan can get Carroll downing and co up for spoiling the party citeh already seem to think they will be having.

If we can take it to the last game, and get ahead early against newcastle ... that citeh crowd and their players will know it ... and they will feel it. And more to the point, so will the west ham players, especially those mentioned above. And it might, just might galvanise them to battle for their lives to spoil citeh's party. Pressure does funny things ... we have to keep the heat on them tonight.

COYMR !!!!

Well said mate. We've done great this season, exceeded expectations. We should be, and are delighted with progress, no doubt about that.
      But we had our hands on the trophy before the Chavs match, and the way we handed them the result that day will be hard to swallow if we don't win out. To come so close, we CANNOT let it go now without a REAL fight. What a brilliant season. Luis winning all the awards. BR being a revelation. What an ending it would be to win the title on the final day. To come from nowhere last season, would be on my knees.
      Have to believe we can still do this...
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #246: May 05, 2014 06:28:35 pm
      I don't even know what to think anymore.  Still gutted after the Chelsea loss.

Sure it was hard to take that loss, but think that nobody expected us to be where we are, to be challenging what we are, so no matter what happens toward the end of this season, the world of football know's, those red men are not just coming over the hill, there already half way down the other side, and where certainly not finished yet ;)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #247: May 05, 2014 06:45:08 pm
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #248: May 05, 2014 06:45:54 pm
      I'm going for a 12-0 win to us, call me optimistic but we need that +3 goal difference on City :D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #249: May 05, 2014 06:46:26 pm
      LFCexiled
      Reply #250: May 05, 2014 06:47:39 pm
      LFCexiled
      Reply #251: May 05, 2014 06:49:28 pm
      I'd have appreciated it more if it was redtube. :D

I'm sure you've got it bookmarked at your favourite category mate. ;)

Lady boys int'it?

;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4593 
      Reply #252: May 05, 2014 06:50:42 pm
      Right I'm off for 1/2 hour shut eye then awakening for the CP cricket match.

Quick Reply