Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Oussama Assaidi (Stoke)

Read 15168 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: Oussama Assaidi (Stoke)
      Reply #69: Aug 20, 2014 04:19:06 pm
      LFCZA ‏@LFCZA  1h 
      Stoke City chairman Peter Coates "We met #LFC's asking price on #Assaidi, that deal fell down on personal terms"
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #70: Aug 20, 2014 04:23:25 pm
      Greedy b***ard.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #71: Aug 20, 2014 05:50:58 pm

How many more years is on his contract? Plus he can't be on big wages surely? Hopefully we can flog him off on deadline day.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #72: Aug 20, 2014 06:17:51 pm
      I think he signed a four year worth circa £23k/w. It would be interesting to see just how greedy he was being. 

Further to the post from Vicks86:

"We also met Liverpool's asking price on Assaidi. That deal fell down on personal terms.

"Moses has then come along and so now we have got a different sort of deal.

"I'm satisfied with what we have done this summer. I believe we have had a good close season.

"We are simply doing things the way things are being increasingly done these days with players going out of contract."

Could have been a tidy bit of business and profit. Recuperation from his injury and playing for reserves until January,then probably end up being loaned out again and let go for next to nothing.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,730 posts | 7164 
      Reply #73: Aug 20, 2014 09:20:32 pm
      Tranmere on loan will sort his head out.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #74: Aug 21, 2014 09:20:52 am
      I don't know mate... maybe he just wanted to stay here. You've got to admire his 'stomach for the fight' if that's the case.  >:D  :f_tongueincheek:
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #75: Aug 21, 2014 07:08:46 pm
      I don't know mate... maybe he just wanted to stay here. You've got to admire his 'stomach for the fight' if that's the case.  >:D  :f_tongueincheek:

I don't think Assaidi has as much reason the think he can fight his way into the starting lineup as Agger, but I've got no problems with him if he wants the chance to prove himself at LFC.... Same goes for Borini, and I'd like to see Agger show that level of commitment and desire too!!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #76: Aug 21, 2014 08:17:37 pm
      I don't think Assaidi has as much reason the think he can fight his way into the starting lineup as Agger, but I've got no problems with him if he wants the chance to prove himself at LFC.... Same goes for Borini, and I'd like to see Agger show that level of commitment and desire too!!

:gt-happyup:
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #77: Aug 21, 2014 08:32:55 pm

Hasn't Daniel Agger been here since 06 "fighting for his place"? Didn't he compete for those early years for a place with Sami and Carra? Hasn't he shown a level of commitment over the last 4 years that many haven't?

Simply we don't know what's been said behind closed doors do we? The manager may have told him that isn't wanted anymore.. Maybe Danny has looked at his age that he doesn't want to be 3rd or 4th choice, as we all think he is in the managers eyes.. I personally don't blame him for that, it's ok saying he should stay and fight but he may be being told that he won't get that chance beyond a lot of injuries to Sakho and Lovren, two players the manager has spent nearly 40 million quid on in the last 12 months in his position.
      Maybe some simply need to be thanked for everything they have done and wished the best.

Martin Kelly recently did the same, he looked at 4 or 5 cbs in front of him and 2 or 3 right backs and did the best for himself, good luck to the lad. Same with Danny, I rate the bloke highly but the manager doesn't seemingly, so thanks Danny for the last 8 years and your loyalty and good luck.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #78: Aug 22, 2014 11:52:24 am
      Hasn't Daniel Agger been here since 06 "fighting for his place"? Didn't he compete for those early years for a place with Sami and Carra? Hasn't he shown a level of commitment over the last 4 years that many haven't?

Simply we don't know what's been said behind closed doors do we? The manager may have told him that isn't wanted anymore.. Maybe Danny has looked at his age that he doesn't want to be 3rd or 4th choice, as we all think he is in the managers eyes.. I personally don't blame him for that, it's ok saying he should stay and fight but he may be being told that he won't get that chance beyond a lot of injuries to Sakho and Lovren, two players the manager has spent nearly 40 million quid on in the last 12 months in his position.
      Maybe some simply need to be thanked for everything they have done and wished the best.

Martin Kelly recently did the same, he looked at 4 or 5 cbs in front of him and 2 or 3 right backs and did the best for himself, good luck to the lad. Same with Danny, I rate the bloke highly but the manager doesn't seemingly, so thanks Danny for the last 8 years and your loyalty and good luck.

As far as Agger goes, I'm pretty sure I've read the same thing every summer for the last 3 or 4 years.
      Every summer he's supposed to be leaving, and the quote about "more playing time" comes out.
      I've no idea if it's a different quote every year, or the same one getting dredged up time after time.
      A couple of years ago every paper reported he was leaving, then he got YNWA tattoo'd on his knuckles (the F***ing chav) and signed a new, improved contract.
      We'll have to wait and see I suppose.

As for Assaidi, he's only ever going to get a game in the whateverthefucktheycalli tthisyear cup.
      It would be better for the lad, assuming he wants to play every week, to move on.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #79: Aug 22, 2014 12:53:23 pm
      Apparently the stumbling block is his wage demands, potential suitors take their leave on discovering his unreal estimation of his worth.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #80: Aug 22, 2014 02:31:32 pm
      If we get Balotteli for 16 mil then selling the likes of Assaidi leaving won't be vital. Our net spend will only be around 30 mil and two of our biggest earners will have left. You could argue that it's not like we have lots of wingers anyway. With Ibe going on loan only Markovic and Sterling are natural wingers and Sterling plays more centrally these days. The rest of our wingers (Coutinho for example) play wide but drift in. There ll be the odd game at home against minnows early in the cups or a dead rubber in the champions league where he may get a game and it allows us to rest a starter. Would have liked the stoke deal but it ain't happening
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #81: Aug 22, 2014 06:45:37 pm
      Apparently the stumbling block is his wage demands, potential suitors take their leave on discovering his unreal estimation of his worth.

Dread to think how much he thinks he would be worth if he had been a regular for us before he went out on loan. Probably deemed his loan out as Stoke calling out for help and he went to their rescue so therefore he is up there with Suarez and Messi.

He can't be all that bothered about playing then because he wont get a look in with us.
      AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #82: Aug 22, 2014 08:31:20 pm
      I know some here never give a thought that maybe Assaidi was offered less money than he already makes here. No offence but if I were looking for a new job and a company offered me less cash to come there I wouldn't leave my job that I have now if I were paid more already. I realize that football is different but to a foreigner it's usually about money for family purposes. It's easy for us to say he should go when it's not money coming out of our own pocket. I don't know if this is the case with Assaidi to be honest and is just my opinion. I'm sure the Potters are not like the Reds when giving out salaries.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #83: Aug 22, 2014 09:45:29 pm
      I know some here never give a thought that maybe Assaidi was offered less money than he already makes here. No offence but if I were looking for a new job and a company offered me less cash to come there I wouldn't leave my job that I have now if I were paid more already. I realize that football is different but to a foreigner it's usually about money for family purposes. It's easy for us to say he should go when it's not money coming out of our own pocket. I don't know if this is the case with Assaidi to be honest and is just my opinion. I'm sure the Potters are not like the Reds when giving out salaries.

That's a fair point mate.

I've just lifted the following sentence from http://www.tsmplug.com/football/teams/stoke-city-squad/ :-
      "Stoke City has the average salary to the players around £22,739-a-week which puts them 10th in league in terms of highest salaries by club in english top flight.".

LFC's spend for 13/14 is being reported at £140M (5th) and Stoke at £53M (14th). Crouchy who's on £43k/w is their highest earner. Their captain is also one of the 'high' earners at £35k. Owen was 'only' on £25k.

Stoke's average wage is precisely what Assaidi is paid by us. I doubt they'd have offered him less and probably thought it fair that an average player is getting an average wage :f_tongueincheek:

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #84: Aug 22, 2014 09:55:35 pm
      To be honest, I doubt any team will offer him more than what he is on with us.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #85: Aug 24, 2014 11:26:17 am
      Just F**k off already ... I didn't understand his transfer to us in the first place, i knew we will be stuck with him, happy to just cash in his wages while sitting on the bench.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #86: Aug 24, 2014 07:24:32 pm
      Just f**k off already ... I didn't understand his transfer to us in the first place, i knew we will be stuck with him, happy to just cash in his wages while sitting on the bench.

terrible post mate.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #87: Aug 24, 2014 08:14:29 pm
      yes, i know, i simply don't like this kind of players, he knows that the club doesn't need him, and is happy to sit on his wages ... he showed some glimpses of quality while at stoke, but he's incosistent, and definetly not a player that can make his mark at a top team like ours
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #88: Aug 24, 2014 08:26:17 pm
      Not like he was  given a proper shot at doing so though
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #89: Aug 25, 2014 02:11:49 pm
      Only ever remember him playing in the Europa League games a couple of years ago.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #90: Sep 01, 2014 03:13:15 pm
      Chris Bascombe has news:

Oussama Assaidi’s on-off-off-off-still off-on move to Stoke could now be back on. Assaidi’s wage demands have prevented a permanent deal all summer but the clubs are discussing a loan deal this afternoon. Liverpool want the winger to leave for good, and Stoke are eager to sign him. But with Assaidi seemingly unable to agree a longer-term contract, another temporary arrangement – similar to that took him to the Britannia Stadium 12 months ago – is on the cards.

Frigging, how much was he on when he was at Holland?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #91: Sep 01, 2014 03:54:22 pm
      How can Assaidi not see he has no future with us? Just go lad!

Quick Reply