Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match v Palace away?

Simon Mignolet
      5 (4.5%)
      Glen Johnson
      2 (1.8%)
      Jon Flanagan
      3 (2.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      1 (0.9%)
      Steven Gerrard
      5 (4.5%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      52 (46.4%)
      Raheem Sterling
      13 (11.6%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      3 (2.7%)
      Luis Suarez
      27 (24.1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Voting closed: May 10, 2014 10:39:59 pm

Crystal Palace 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Assistance

Read 54142 times
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: Crystal Palace 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Assistance
      Reply #1012: May 06, 2014 02:15:49 am
      Whatever happens from here on in is by the by. What will be will be, but what nobody can take away from us is that we have played the best football in the country all Season, possibly Europe too.

Defensively we have been a shambles but that's just part of the risk of playing a high octane game. After all is said and done we are there at the top, City have to get there, we've almost done our bit.

A big performance from Villa on Wednesday and it all changes.

This is still on, believe.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1013: May 06, 2014 02:23:53 am
      Tonight was insane.
      WHY did we EVER think goal difference was a possibility ???
      the running back to the kick off after the 3rd goal was CRAZY.
      Its been a fantastic season but at this point Rodgers and Gerrard lost their heads.
      We should have shut up shop, brought on Agger at the back.
      What a sad end

Gerrard lost his head? You are having a laugh surely?

Brendan lost his head? Please.

In case you had forgotten we are top of the Premier League.

Now put down that crack pipe and enjoy these moments, it's what being a supporter is all about.

The good times and the bad.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1014: May 06, 2014 05:12:27 am
      Can't sleep. It's not done yet though, that's why. When it's done, I'll sleep. See you in Liverpool this weekend.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1015: May 06, 2014 05:29:36 am
      An insane season . People forget though - citeh still need 4 points . If villa or west ham show the same fight as Norwich at the weekend or palace tonight , there may still be one more shock yet in this nuttiest of season
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #1016: May 06, 2014 05:38:20 am
      City lose to Villa and draw with the Hammers

Then I woke up  :'( 

Pl make it a reality. Have some pride you Villans & Hammers,you'll go down in the history books as the greatest orchestrators of a Premier League trophy
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #1017: May 06, 2014 05:49:34 am
      Absolutely shattered. Just feeling numb, like nothing means anything anymore. Utterly heartbroken.
      No beef with the lads though, they were brilliant for 70minutes, and Palace were good for 15...

Can't believe it.

I can't see Villa or West Ham getting anything, but who knows. :/
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1018: May 06, 2014 07:18:26 am
      Still numb to the core, let out quite a few tears today already and I'm sure there will bemore to come.

I applaud everyones positiveness, it's somewhat comforting to come on here and know that people around the world are feeling the same way as me. I can't look at the nes or read FB yet, so thank F**k for this place.

For me personally, I'm not expecting any favours off any team. You guys on the forum have been saying it for years and it really has started to sink in. It's US against the rest of the world, it really is. Every F***ing team that comes up against us plays above and beyond their capabilities but when it's against teams like Citeh or The Chavs and in years gone by The Mancs, they roll over and enjoy taking it up the arse. Well that's what it feels like anyway.

Getting back to the match, I'm still stunned that Lucas wasn't the first one to go off. Even if Raheem was spent, he's still got more pace and trickery in one leg than what Lucas has altogether. How many times did Lucas just stand there and let their players waltz around him leaving a clueless Johnson totally exposed.

I'm no Manager and Brendan has done an absolute monster of a job but I thought the play was get Lucas off, Coutinho on, push Raheem out wide to cover Johnson's arse, put Couts at the top of the diamond. Then take off Glen J , switch Flanno to right back and get Danny Agger out to LB.

Still can't comprehend what Lucas and Moses were doing on the pitch at Full time and why Sturridge came to the bench at 3-1 down, surely if we weren't going to tighten things up at the back and we wanted to reduce the GD, we'd keep our 2nd best Striker on the park. I'm shaking my head at 2 lost points when that game was in the bag.

Devastated.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1019: May 06, 2014 07:29:49 am
      It's a game that they should never have been allowed to get to a draw and nearly beat us, weird subs. However well done to Crystal palace players, it was amazing what they did.
      I'm so upset we threw that game away, is Brendan over thinking some things now? Like... keep it simple FFS.
      I bet we are the best team to watch for neutrals though.
      falkirk_bairn
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #1020: May 06, 2014 07:37:28 am
      Still can't believe that result, quite an incredible game and one of the worst defensive collapses in a long time. I'm not one to be too hard on the team, the turn around from last year has simply been sensational and credit is due to all involved. However what I will say and I agree with Carragher that it is simply not acceptable to be 3-0 up and crumble like that when you are fighting for the title. The defence needs strengthened with a real leader in the summer, as much as people liek Skrtel, he does have bombscare tendancies. I still hold some hope that Villa or West Ham can do us a favour but it is a big ask, the situation has only changed slightly in that City now need to lose rather than draw or lose.  Like last night though anything can happen and we just need to hope  a bit of luck goes our way.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #1021: May 06, 2014 07:43:01 am
      How Much flak is everyone gonna get at work today? It's not gonna be pretty

I've even got an 80s she'll suit dumped on my desk a few weeks ago, I promised I'd wear if for the whole day IF we won the title.

Still reeling from last night.

In hindsight it can be tricky playing for a draw and I wonder if City won't have a few nervous moments against West Ham at the weekend.
      Aldonumber8
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #1022: May 06, 2014 07:44:15 am

Gerrard lost his head? You are having a laugh surely?

Brendan lost his head? Please.

In case you had forgotten we are top of the Premier League.

Now put down that crack pipe and enjoy these moments, it's what being a supporter is all about.

The good times and the bad.

I've had quite enough of bad. Being a supporter - an honest one, is about being able to follow ur team loyally but also to critique where necessary. And it were necessary last night. The team cried out for experienced leadership in a white hot atmosphere, to be able to gather thoughts and shape and diffuse a situation. The manager and captain here are crucial. Taking Sturridge off allowed Palace to have no fear of pace at the back, the ball over the top from Gerrard to Sturridge has been our effective get out/relieving ball all season  and without this threat they were able to push forward at will. Brendan himself said at half time they talked about not getting caught up in silly goal difference dreams. He needed to arrest that behaviour especially in his captain, when they did so. I can accept the Chelsea defeat, it was bad fortune. Even toure making an individual mistake at West Brom you can say - well everyone's human but three bloody goals in a mad 11 minutes when there is time and availability to stop it - I cannot accept. It's just not good enough and burying your head in the sand thru some misplaced sense of loyalty to deny any constructive sense of criticism does not make you a better supporter. After all, if we don't acknowledge mistakes - how are we going to get better ?
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #1023: May 06, 2014 07:47:45 am
      People are talking a lot of anger-talk on here.

BR protecting the lead by sending defenders in is really hogwash and after the fact. If he had done that and we still drew, it would have been said that he took his foot off the pedal. He should have gone for more goals.

We didn't win because we didn't win. Other teams won't just lie down and get smashed just because we are going after the premiership title.

If we don't win it this season having come this close, we can only build on the team and win it the next season.

BTW, Man City still have two games to play. Anything can happen.

YNWA
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1024: May 06, 2014 07:50:52 am
      Footballs hard at times

I'm not going to throw blame around, not at the players, they looked mentally and physically shattered in that last 15 minutes, after what they have put in this season with essentially 14 players doing most of the slog.. Only 14 or so that the manager fully trusts, we have a shadow of a squad in to comparison to those around us and right now we are above them all.
      I'm not going to blame the managers subs, at 3-0 and 3-1 he has the right to think we had won that game and that what happened wouldn't, I thought it was over then, you did, he did.. 99% of people would.. We actually went to pieces for 5 minutes, at 3-1 and they got back level.. As sh*t as I feel and as much as I want to close the curtains and ignore the fall out that's what makes football..

I'm immensely proud of the lads overall, I genuinely don't think this will be a flash in the pan, I really think we will challenge next season too. With support from the owners to grow the depth of quality as opposed to what we actually have on the bench then we will be right here again next season.

As for the argument of the back four or the cbs, you defend as a team, and we need to tweak that outlook maybe, but individual blame can't be right with how we set up as an 11 and how we approach games.

Tough right now.. But I'd rather be where we are now and stressed than watching us limp to 7th

This club, what you and me are part of is something special.. Let's stay together eh
      DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #1025: May 06, 2014 07:55:07 am
      Still can't believe this one.

Had trouble sleeping, and when I woke, I had that feeling... if only it was a dream.

At 3-0, I was thinking.. it's happening! Just 3 more goals. We'll be in the driving seat. In our hands again!

Then the capitulation. Soul destroying.

I hope Suarez isn't too angry with his team mates there. That's the kind of game that might make him want to move on. We were 3-0 up, and then, he watches his defence just blow it apart and let in 3 goals. He won't be happy at all. It's a team game, but I expect he'll look at those defenders, and be so disappointed.

I'm still so mad at Palace. 3-0 down.. and yet Pulis was throwing on the players, really going for it.

2-0 down against Man City, and they had no fight.  >:( Sick of these teams with nothing to play for suddenly upping their game against the reds. Remember how every team used to roll over for Utd..
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1026: May 06, 2014 07:58:20 am
      If man city lose a game is it ours? If we beat Newcastle?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1027: May 06, 2014 07:59:23 am
      If man city lose a game is it ours? If we beat Newcastle?

Yup,
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #1028: May 06, 2014 07:59:32 am
      suarez cannot blame others its a team game after all he missed an open goal which would have won it we defended badly as a team and full backs as bad as anyone rather than just blame the centre halves
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1029: May 06, 2014 07:59:55 am
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1030: May 06, 2014 08:21:16 am
      I am too upset to even discuss/debate this match, What the F**k happened. :f_steam:
      Shanklys Golden Hynd
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #1031: May 06, 2014 08:47:34 am
      Still can't believe this one.

Had trouble sleeping, and when I woke, I had that feeling... if only it was a dream.

At 3-0, I was thinking.. it's happening! Just 3 more goals. We'll be in the driving seat. In our hands again!

Then the capitulation. Soul destroying.

I hope Suarez isn't too angry with his team mates there. That's the kind of game that might make him want to move on. We were 3-0 up, and then, he watches his defence just blow it apart and let in 3 goals. He won't be happy at all. It's a team game, but I expect he'll look at those defenders, and be so disappointed.

I'm still so mad at Palace. 3-0 down.. and yet Pulis was throwing on the players, really going for it.

2-0 down against Man City, and they had no fight.  >:( Sick of these teams with nothing to play for suddenly upping their game against the reds. Remember how every team used to roll over for Utd..

Really?

Ask yourself what the score was when the Reds beat Palace back in August.

Stop looking for excuses and just get your head around the fact the defence have shipped in more goals than teams in the bottom half of the table.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1032: May 06, 2014 08:48:19 am
      Cold light of day, it's still on. Improbable? Maybe, possible? Totally.

I'm not going to dissect yesterday at all, it feels pointless, nothing's going to change it.

We've got one game remaining and I'm just glad it's at home so the Anfield FAITHFUL can show the lads exactly how WE feel and send them to the world cup with numerous songs resounding around their heads.

Easily the best season in my memory and for that I'm so F***ing grateful.
      redman147
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts | -1 
      Reply #1033: May 06, 2014 08:50:18 am
      Argh - it doesn't feel any better this morning does it.

BUT, I have read a load of the comments this morning and it's true - the only thing that has changed is we now need a City defeat rather than draw or defeat. It is a bigger ask but you never know. If the lads can lift themselves to destroy Newcastle we will give ourselves the best chance possible in case City do slip up. The pressure will be on them as they have to win the league or Pellegrini's job might be on the line.

We have missed Hendo - I wonder how different it would've been last night with him playing. If only that red had been reduced to a one game ban. Then again, if only me auntie had bollocks she'd be me uncle!

If we finish 2nd then from 7th to second in one year is a fantastic achievement - especially with a squad which is basically a squad of 13 or so. I know Borini did some damage as a Sunderland player but I would've liked to have seen him recalled in Jan as an option to throw on rather than Aspas/Alberto being the choices!

It's a horrible feeling today but we can only hope - a draw on Weds would allow panic to set in at City and for the Reds to smell blood!

And, at least we're not Man United.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1034: May 06, 2014 09:10:15 am
      How Much flak is everyone gonna get at work today? It's not gonna be pretty

I've even got an 80s she'll suit dumped on my desk a few weeks ago, I promised I'd wear if for the whole day IF we won the title.

Still reeling from last night.

In hindsight it can be tricky playing for a draw and I wonder if City won't have a few nervous moments against West Ham at the weekend.

Copped sh*t from people that don't even follow the game. Just trying to rile me up as they know how much it means to me. I've told a couple of people to F**k off today and then gone back to reading the forum.

Quick Reply