Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Liverpool 2:1 Newcastle. In game & post match discussion.

Read 29229 times
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,008 posts | 225 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Newcastle
      Reply #460: May 11, 2014 05:04:05 pm
      Really thought Luis would score a hatrick today he's my FF captain. Oh well.

he would if he remembered to wear his studs on his fvking boots
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #461: May 11, 2014 05:04:38 pm
      Well that was fun wasn't it! Don't think a season has come and gone quite as quickly as this. Disappointed to miss out on the title? You bet. Delighted with the season overall? Undoubtedly. It has been a watershed season for us.

And in addition, what a fantastic forum this has been to discuss the season. Thank you!!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #462: May 11, 2014 05:04:47 pm
       WELL DONE REDS
       Its been a fantastic season
       we were so close
       YNWA
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #463: May 11, 2014 05:05:30 pm
      Bittersweet.

Brilliant season, but no title.

However, we've certainly got one hell of a foundation to build on, and some vital experience gained along the way.

Bring on next season, bring on the champion's league, the Redmen will be back in force.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,008 posts | 225 
      Reply #464: May 11, 2014 05:05:37 pm
      Did anyone see that city fan, grown man, run around the pitch with a pretend trophy?

Tit.

i would of done the same if it was us that won
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #465: May 11, 2014 05:05:38 pm
      I'd get rid of Sakho before Agger, Lucas, fair enough, back up, but he's been poor even when coming on. Be sorry to see Pepe go, always hoped he'd be here as back up. Alberto and Assaidi, yes, sell Assaidi but give Alberto one more season to shine

Sakho and Agger are pretty equal at the moment but when you take age, wages, injury record and potential into account it would be wiser to build our defence around Sakho in my opinion. No point keeping 120k a week on the bench for Pepe - that would pay for a top class attacking midfielder who could pressure and score to bring on alongside Jordan.

Oddly Assaidi is the one, after Lucas, I think is the hardest decision. We need a player who can carry the ball and beat a man before laying off or shooting. Moses has completely failed in that regard and Assaidi only cost us a couple of mil. I would say if there's a much better option on the table for the money we could get for him we could take it otherwise we have priorities for our money elsewhere.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 61 
      Reply #466: May 11, 2014 05:06:29 pm
      Well done,finishing 2nd with our squad size is amazing,credit to the players for coming so close,we will strengthen in the summer,and hopefully will go one better next season :)
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #467: May 11, 2014 05:06:35 pm
      Looking back, yes the experience gained in the last 5 games will be immense and when we are in similar position next season, I'm sure we won't bottled it again. We will be better mentally and physically prepared. All part of the learning curve. Well done to the lads and BR.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #468: May 11, 2014 05:06:42 pm
      The really ironic thing is, if we'd played like we did in the last 5 minutes, we'd have won the league

That's how you kill off those last minute goals from Palace, that's how you shut a game down

Still, the dust has settled and if you'd have told me we'd finish 2nd on 101 goals with a chance of winning it on the last day, I'd have bitten your arm off

Erm no. The palace result was ultimately irrelevant. Oh and we were two men to the benefit of Newcastle's 9 if you didn't realise.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #469: May 11, 2014 05:07:32 pm
      Ok, next season starts now

Johnson out
      Allen out?
      Lucas out
      Cissokho out
      Moses out
      Aspas out

:D

All F***ing day. Perfect.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #470: May 11, 2014 05:07:36 pm
      Im all for the banter with the UTD fans, they have earned it. The banter will fade with their name. Has been fun though.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #471: May 11, 2014 05:08:17 pm
      If we could could strenghten with a DM and right back, score as many goals as we do now and concede half as much, we will demolish city.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #472: May 11, 2014 05:08:26 pm
      Still, the dust has settled and if you'd have told me we'd finish 2nd on 101 goals with a chance of winning it on the last day, I'd have bitten your arm off

That's the one.

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #473: May 11, 2014 05:09:22 pm
      Erm no. The palace result was ultimately irrelevant. Oh and we were two men to the benefit of Newcastle's 9 if you didn't realise.

He's right. We needed a cannier and more ruthless approach to our game. We've lacked it since the City game at home.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,875 posts | 6812 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #474: May 11, 2014 05:11:00 pm
      Feeling empty at the moment. Can't even bring myself to flick the channel to see those cu*ts lift the Title.

Gutted.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #475: May 11, 2014 05:11:22 pm
      Want to watch the the players come back on the pitch, is there a stream for this?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1543 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #476: May 11, 2014 05:12:33 pm
      The Palace result could well have been avoided if we'd shut up shot at 3-1 and passed it around instead of panicking and trying to score more. Granted the first goal was a deflection (albeit because Johnson didn't close down quick enough). As for 9 men, doesn't make any difference if you keep the ball and starve the opposition of playing time, which was my point.

redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #477: May 11, 2014 05:14:00 pm
      Well played boys.
      Let's go and do the quadruple next season.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #478: May 11, 2014 05:14:25 pm
      Feeling empty at the moment. Can't even bring myself to flick the channel to see those cu*ts lift the Title.

Gutted.

Oh I never will.. I don't think I've seen any side lift the title since we last won it.. I've never once seen a picture of say utd lifting it

Hey look though Ian, we're all gutted, but what a season..
      We finished 12 pts clear into the top 4, many seasons we have got into it we haven't done it so comfortably..

Me and you mate, we will see us do it next year, don't worry about watching them lift it.. We will see us do it in 12 months time

On and up

You'll never walk alone
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #479: May 11, 2014 05:17:49 pm
      Looking forward to having Champions League foptball at Anfield again
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1543 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #480: May 11, 2014 05:18:26 pm
      He's right. We needed a cannier and more ruthless approach to our game. We've lacked it since the City game at home.
      There's a time for scoring goals and a time for shutting up shop and parking the bus. Timing is everything
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #481: May 11, 2014 05:19:38 pm
      Yep - totally agree.

Great comments from Sturridge.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #482: May 11, 2014 05:21:55 pm
      Ok happy we had won the game, not sure what happened in that first half.

This game was supposed to be us showing our heart and determination to make that tittle ours and not only that to show the fans how far we had come, but we bottled it, until the second half.

IMO when bringing new players, their temperament has to be analyzed yes they have to have ability and skill but i want our players to have heart and have the balls to go all the way and win us the league. Our team needs more players like Suarez, Sterling and Henderson yes they are skilled ability wise but they'll chase anything down to make a difference for us. Gerrard can't lead us by himself anymore we need more leaders.

Quick Reply