Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Alberto Moreno (Sevilla)

Read 75472 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Alberto Moreno (Sevilla)
      May 15, 2014 08:14:26 am
       Sevilla's Moreno tops Reds left-back wish list

Liverpool FC will sign a new left-back this summer with Sevilla's Alberto Moreno at the top of their wish list.

The Reds remain in talks with Southampton as they look to negotiate a deal for midfielder Adam Lallana after tabling a Ā£20million bid earlier this week.

However, Anfield officials are also pressing on with plans to strengthen their backline and have drawn up a shortlist of potential recruits.

Moreno has enjoyed a fine season in La Liga ā€“ helping Sevilla to the Europa League final and securing his place in Spain's 30-man provisional World Cup squad.

The 21-year-old is one of the rising stars of Spanish football and is likely to command a fee in excess of Ā£15million.

Brendan Rodgers is a big admirer of his talents but there will be competition for his signature with Chelsea among a number of clubs keen on securing his services.

The other left-backs under consideration at Anfield are Guilherme Siqueira  and Ryan Bertrand.

The Reds tried to sign Granada's Siqueira last summer but were unable to agree a fee and the 28-year-old Brazil-born defender, who has Italian citizenship, ended up going on a season-long loan to Benfica.

The Portuguese champions do have the option to make the move permanent but Liverpool are monitoring that situation closely. Siqueira is also coveted by AC Milan.

Chelsea full-back Bertrand is another player of interest to Liverpool. Rodgers knows the 24-year-old well having coached him when he was in the youth ranks at Chelsea and then signed him on loan when he was in charge at Reading.

Bertrand, who finished this season on loan at Aston Villa, would jump at the chance to make the switch to Anfield in order to kick-start his career after seeing his opportunities severely limited at Stamford Bridge.

However, negotiating that deal could prove problematic. The Reds' resurgence this season means the Londoners are reluctant to do business with a club they now view as genuine title rivals.

Rodgers needs a left-back following the end of Aly Cissokho's season-long loan from Valencia.

The France international won't be returning to Merseyside after failing to impress and neither will fellow loanee Victor Moses, who has gone back to Chelsea.

Jose Enrique, who missed most of the campaign due to a knee injury, should be fit for the start of pre-season.

However, with the added demands of Champions League football next term, Rodgers is determined to ensure Liverpool have greater strength in depth.

Jon Flanagan deputised at left-back with distinction in the second half of the season and will be rewarded with a new contract this summer.

However, the Academy graduate is more suited to playing on the opposite flank and his future is likely to be on the right.

Reports linking Liverpool with a move for Chelsea's out of contract left-back Ashley Cole are wide of the mark.

The Reds have no interest in the 33-year-old defender who retired from international football this week after being overlooked for England's World Cup squad.

Rodgers will also be in the market for a centre-back this summer as he looks to shore up a backline which leaked 50 league goals. Cardiff City's Steven Caulker is one of a number currently under consideration.

There is no truth in speculation about a possible return to Anfield for Barcelona's Javier Mascherano, who parted company with the Reds four years ago. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-fc-target-sevilla-left-7122348?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: Alberto Moreno (Sevilla)
      Reply #1: May 15, 2014 09:23:51 am
      He is a great prospect but wont say I'll be over the moon. Seeing the amount quoted, I feel we can put in some extra and try getting Ricardo Rodriguez
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2: May 15, 2014 02:53:33 pm
      Yes please. Alberto Moreno's a great talent.

He is a great prospect but wont say I'll be over the moon. Seeing the amount quoted, I feel we can put in some extra and try getting Ricardo Rodriguez

Rodriguez is a good player as well. Would gladly take either.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #3: May 15, 2014 03:25:31 pm
      We always win games when Clint does the match thread.....will that carry over to our transfer targets as well?
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      Reply #4: May 15, 2014 06:07:32 pm
      We always win games when Clint does the match thread.....will that carry over to our transfer targets as well?

;D, I never thought about that :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #5: May 15, 2014 06:19:34 pm

Quick, start one for Hazard and Barkley!!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #6: May 15, 2014 06:56:15 pm

Reus and Muller too please! :D

The thought about Clint starting it did cross my mind too though.

Only seen Moreno a few times and he seems quite decent but it's very hard to judge on the little I've seen. I will say I've seen him make a few mistakes and last night he made a bloody crazy tackle early on that had he got 0.1secs later (it was already late) he could well have seen red and likely cost his team the trophy.

Siquiera was playing in the same game and it's the first time I've watched him for Benfica this season, made a few errors it has to be said but also looked decent throughout the match. I don't imagine he'd cost too much so if we need a cheapish and decent stop-gap I'd go for him without doubt. Cheapish could be around the Ā£5m-Ā£7m mark.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      Reply #7: May 15, 2014 07:40:25 pm

Reus and Muller too please! :D

The thought about Clint starting it did cross my mind too though.

I will do them :P Hope konopylanka and lallana will do

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #8: May 15, 2014 10:34:36 pm

And yet nobody has blamed him yet for us missing out on the league. ;)

Missed the Chelsea game didn't he?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #9: May 15, 2014 10:44:36 pm

Like Gerrard's slip we all know it was his mistake, but no one likes to say it as we need him for next season :)
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      Reply #10: May 16, 2014 06:58:29 am

Like Gerrard's slip we all know it was his mistake, but no one likes to say it as we need him for next season :)

So I'm getting the blame :P To put thing into perspective, I created it against C palace and we draw and I couldn't do against Newcastle and we won.

On topic, in the uefa cup final he wasn't brilliant but neither the worst player on the pitch.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #11: May 16, 2014 12:12:42 pm
      So I'm getting the blame  To put thing into perspective, I created it against C palace and we draw and I couldn't do against Newcastle and we won

Hmmm, it's beginning to sound that like Johnson you are not as valuable an asset as once thought mate :)

Only joking , luck is a fickle friend at best and I am sure you did everything you could .... maybe a blood sacrifice next season ?

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #12: May 16, 2014 01:02:24 pm
      Hmmm, it's beginning to sound that like Johnson you are not as valuable an asset as once thought mate :)

Only joking , luck is a fickle friend at best and I am sure you did everything you could .... maybe a blood sacrifice next season ?

:D

Preferably Mourinho blood if we have a choice.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #13: May 16, 2014 01:31:02 pm

Chants of "CLINT OUT" and "SACK THE CLINT SACK THE CLINT" being heard around the forum, perhaps even a few banners!!!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #14: May 16, 2014 05:58:25 pm
      Can we get Rakitic while we're there?
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      Reply #15: May 16, 2014 10:24:04 pm

:D

Preferably Mourinho blood if we have a choice.

Chants of "CLINT OUT" and "SACK THE CLINT SACK THE CLINT" being heard around the forum, perhaps even a few banners!!!

I willing to train harder and show you what I can do next season. It was just a dip in form. I will target the league :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #16: May 17, 2014 12:16:51 pm
      Only wants to go to Real according to the Spanish newspaper Marca.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #17: May 17, 2014 01:55:15 pm
      Only wants to go to Real according to the Spanish newspaper Marca.

Marca - Real?

haha
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #18: May 18, 2014 03:09:56 pm
      Heard the same; Real Madrid have batted their eyelashes at him and that's that
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #19: May 18, 2014 03:22:57 pm
      Who would he replace at Real? Contreau? Go get him instead.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #20: May 18, 2014 07:01:14 pm
      Who would he replace at Real? Contreau? Go get him instead.

I'd rather stick with Enrique to be honest. Don't rate Coentrao at all.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #21: May 18, 2014 09:01:29 pm
      I'd rather stick with Enrique to be honest. Don't rate Coentrao at all.

I do, I think he'd be an upgrade over Enrique. And mind you I really like Enrique.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #22: May 28, 2014 07:10:10 pm
      http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/05/report-liverpool-seal-e20-million-deal-alberto-moreno/
      Report: Liverpool to seal ā€œā‚¬20 millionā€ deal for Alberto Moreno

Liverpool are close to agreeing a deal for Sevilla left-back Alberto Moreno, according to a report in the Spanish media on Wednesday.

SportYou write that Liverpool ā€œare willing to invest 20 million eurosā€ in the 21-year-old.

Earlier this month The Liverpool Echo reported how Moreno was apparently the top target for Brendan Rodgers at left-back this summer.

The signing of Moreno, who is in Spainā€™s provisional squad for the World Cup, would represent quite a coup for Liverpool ā€“ with Chelsea also said to be interested in his services.

Chelsea though, having allowed Ashley Cole to leave on a free, look likely to sign Southamptonā€™s Luke Shaw, paving the way for Liverpool to sign Moreno.

Man Unitedā€™s decision to award Patrice Evra a new contract looks to be an indication that they wonā€™t be signing either of Shaw or Moreno this summer.

Quick Reply