Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Alberto Moreno (Sevilla)

Read 76069 times
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Re: Alberto Moreno (Sevilla)
      Reply #46: May 29, 2014 05:48:31 pm
      If the stated deal comes off (..£16m for Alberto Moreno and  Suso on loan for a year..) I think its a fantastic piece of business, but it strikes me as too good to be true.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #47: May 29, 2014 05:55:21 pm
      A must have. They should even prepare to increase the offer.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #48: May 29, 2014 06:02:42 pm
      They should even prepare to increase the offer.
      Sacrilege.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #49: May 29, 2014 06:06:07 pm
      If the stated deal comes off (..£16m for Alberto Moreno and  Suso on loan for a year..) I think its a fantastic piece of business, but it strikes me as too good to be true.

I just hope it doesn't mean that Suso is off after 2 years on loan....  He is such a talented player and I'd be disappointed if he doesn't get another chance to break into the 1st team here. 
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #50: May 29, 2014 06:12:40 pm
      These rumours are getting more pathetic by the day. So Suso has been regarded as one of the best youngsters in La Liga, yet we are willing to swap him along with a substantial fee for Moreno?

This time next week, there will be nothing on Moreno. A pathetic rumour.

If he, Sanchez, Pedro or Martinez join the club, I will donate to the forum (I probably should do anyway..)

Looks like you might need to get that wallet at the ready fella! SSN are adamant we've put a bid in for the lad

The Spanish press seem to be all over it http://talksport.com/football/alberto-moreno-liverpool-latest-player-has-foot-and-half-anfield-14052993418?

BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #51: May 29, 2014 06:18:41 pm
      Is it confirmed that we are talking about loaning suso, not getting rid altogether?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #52: May 29, 2014 06:32:05 pm
      Is it confirmed that we are talking about loaning suso, not getting rid altogether?

I think it's as "confirmed" as can be at this stage with all of the misinformation and misdirection.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #53: May 29, 2014 07:19:06 pm
      I think it's as "confirmed" as can be at this stage with all of the misinformation and misdirection.

Hope so. People are rattling on about how he won't get ahead of sterling or cou, but for me he gives us quality backup which we might need in one of our four competitions next year.

Wonder if Lallana arriving would change that though...
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #54: May 29, 2014 08:47:53 pm
      I really hope we land Moreno. The lad is quality and only going to get better. I also hope we don't get rid of Suso, though.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #55: May 29, 2014 09:05:57 pm
      Looks like you might need to get that wallet at the ready fella! SSN are adamant we've put a bid in for the lad

The Spanish press seem to be all over it http://talksport.com/football/alberto-moreno-liverpool-latest-player-has-foot-and-half-anfield-14052993418?

I'll stay true to my word. If we land Moreno I will donate £10.
      thedeftone
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #56: May 29, 2014 10:02:20 pm
      Hope so. People are rattling on about how he won't get ahead of sterling or cou, but for me he gives us quality backup which we might need in one of our four competitions next year.

Wonder if Lallana arriving would change that though...

This lad is a full back isnt he?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #57: May 29, 2014 11:19:54 pm
      Haven't really seen him play, that said, surely can't do worse than Johnson regardless of how he does with us!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #58: May 30, 2014 02:25:33 am
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #59: May 30, 2014 05:31:31 am
      Pearce reports in the Echo

Liverpool have made their move to try to secure the services of Alberto Moreno by tabling a £16million bid for the Sevilla left-back. The Reds are also prepared to offer Spanish youngster Suso as a makeweight in the deal. The ECHO revealed on May 14 that Moreno at the top of Brendan Rodgers’ list of targets for the left-back spot. Granada’s Guilherme Siqueira and Chelsea’s Ryan Bertrand have also been under consideration.

Moreno enjoyed a fine season in La Liga – helping Sevilla to glory in the Europa League final and securing his place in Spain's 30-man provisional World Cup squad. The 21-year-old is one of the rising stars of Spanish football. Rodgers needs a left-back following the end of Aly Cissokho's season-long loan from Valencia.

Jose Enrique, who missed most of the campaign due to a knee injury, should be fit for the start of pre-season. However, with the added demands of Champions League football next term, Rodgers is determined to ensure Liverpool have greater strength in depth.

Jon Flanagan deputised at left-back with distinction in the second half of the season and will be rewarded with a new contract this summer. However, the Academy graduate is more suited to playing on the opposite flank and his future is likely to be on the right.

And in another Tony Barrett column, was this -

Liverpool have also made a £16m offer to Seville for Alberto Moreno, but the Spanish club want them to increase their bid by £2m for a deal to be struck. Seville are not interested in signing Suso as part of the proposed deal despite the midfield player being proposed as a makeweight

£2mil!!! Ayre, pls just pay and lets have Suso as part of our set up next year or just loan him to the Saints or Swansea
      « Last Edit: May 30, 2014 05:51:13 am by Vicks86 »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #60: May 30, 2014 10:35:26 am
      Seen him a handful of times he seemed a good left back albeit raw excusable given his age though.

Gutted if Suso will be anywhere but here next year.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #61: May 30, 2014 10:54:01 am
      Someone has to play the role of negative nick here, so these are comments from the Seville fans regarding the Moreno speculation:

TRiCampenones: “To me it seems stupendous. Alberto has had some good games but Navarro has been capable of filling in. I hope they sell him.”

Pepe del Pino: “Without doubt, I would take him there if needs be.”

Nikolai: “It’s perfect, I don’t know what they’re waiting for.”

¡¡TRICAMPEONES!!: I wouldn’t even think about it, Suso is a player with magnificent skills and Alberto has had a very average season.”

Daniel Veterinario: “Wow that’s great. If needs be I will take him there.”

JJLP: “The price is good for me. Although €25m should be his price, I’m in if Suso’s loan deal has an option to buy included.”

Leo: “If it’s true, then it’s an absolute priority to sell him now. Don’t give them time to think about it.”

Lolo: “With this money maybe we wouldn’t have to sell anybody else. And finding a left-back is easier than a central midfielder or striker.”

ELADIO: “Sell him now, €20m is €20m, I hope he goes today. Good news.”

Manuel: “I will take him there myself.”

Juanma: “It would be a good deal, but I would ask for Luis Alberto.”

FER: “It’s not that we don’t want him, but to sell a left-back for €20m for me is the deal of the century.”
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #62: May 30, 2014 10:57:25 am
      Not good reading those comments...does make you wonder.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #63: May 30, 2014 11:21:06 am

Indeed.

Positives are that he's only 21 and is in the Spanish WC squad. He must have the potential.

As for Suso, I'd like to see him back at Anfield. He's one of our most talented youngsters behind Sterling and Coutinho.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #64: May 30, 2014 01:45:39 pm

Bitter maybe?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #65: May 30, 2014 01:49:33 pm
      When you take into account how many negative Nancies are on this forum, it's not hard to think you could dig up some negative quotes about a player that a lot of people rate. Think Henderson for example about a year ago.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #66: May 30, 2014 03:02:44 pm
      And in another Tony Barrett column, was this -

Liverpool have also made a £16m offer to Seville for Alberto Moreno, but the Spanish club want them to increase their bid by £2m for a deal to be struck. Seville are not interested in signing Suso as part of the proposed deal despite the midfield player being proposed as a makeweight

£2mil!!! Ayre, pls just pay and lets have Suso as part of our set up next year or just loan him to the Saints or Swansea

£2m is nothing for us. If that's true, I don't see what we're waiting for.

Sure does make you wonder. Especially this one:

Lolo: “With this money maybe we wouldn’t have to sell anybody else. And finding a left-back is easier than a central midfielder or striker.”
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #67: May 30, 2014 03:05:20 pm
      Haha, that made me chuckle.

At Liverpool it seems the other way round!
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #68: May 30, 2014 03:05:40 pm
      Someone has to play the role of negative nick here, so these are comments from the Seville fans regarding the Moreno speculation:

TRiCampenones: “To me it seems stupendous. Alberto has had some good games but Navarro has been capable of filling in. I hope they sell him.”

Pepe del Pino: “Without doubt, I would take him there if needs be.”

Nikolai: “It’s perfect, I don’t know what they’re waiting for.”

¡¡TRICAMPEONES!!: I wouldn’t even think about it, Suso is a player with magnificent skills and Alberto has had a very average season.”

Daniel Veterinario: “Wow that’s great. If needs be I will take him there.”

JJLP: “The price is good for me. Although €25m should be his price, I’m in if Suso’s loan deal has an option to buy included.”

Leo: “If it’s true, then it’s an absolute priority to sell him now. Don’t give them time to think about it.”

ELADIO: “Sell him now, €20m is €20m, I hope he goes today. Good news.”

Manuel: “I will take him there myself.”

Juanma: “It would be a good deal, but I would ask for Luis Alberto.”

FER: “It’s not that we don’t want him, but to sell a left-back for €20m for me is the deal of the century.”

I've never really seen him, so I can't comment on Moreno.  Many people on here seem to rate him, so I'll trust their opinions.  Said earlier that I just hope we don't lose Suso because of this.  I think he has the talent/ability to become an Iniesta type of player and we should be doing everything we can to tie him down to a long term deal and develop him to maximize on his potential. 

Quick Reply